Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (225618 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Afam4eva(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2013
vanstanzy: "Outrage Over Attack, Sultan, Tinubu Urge Better Security"

Mods, i recommend this topic for viewership. Pls let it appear on the FP.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111056:emir-of-kano-sons-flown-abroad&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
This is a link from guardian. Where's the Nairaland link?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by mukina2: 10:13am On Jan 21, 2013
aribisala0:
Please explain why my post was removed.
Is it now a taboo to mention the words Igbo Ojukwu and Biafra in the same sentence? I would sincerely appreciate a frank explanation. I am sure if you review your stats you will see that this particular MOD is doing the most deleting. Was my post removed because he does not like it?

There are some people who see ANY subject through the lens of Ojukwu Igbo Biafra and I pointed this out quite politely without abuse and it was removed. Is it forbidden to say Igbo OJukwu Biafra? Because if those words; Igbo Ojukwu Biafra are forbidden make it clear to us; These words ;Igbo Ojukwu Biafra are forbidden on Nairaland and if you utter the words ;Igbo Ojukwu Biafra then those words Igbo Ojukwu Biafra will be deleted.
If that is clear why will I disobey and continue typing Igbo Ojukwu Biafra.

Sometimes people do things innocently without knowing they are breaking rules. I am not aware of a rule banning the use of the words Igbo Ojukwu Biafra.Please confirm is the use of the words;Igbo Ojukwu Biafra banned .I did not not know that Igbo Ojukwu Biafra was banned otherwise I would not type Igbo Ojukwu Biafra.
So please don't let me go astray by typing ;Igbo Ojukwu Biafra if the use of Igbo Ojukwu Biafra is prohibited

It is not a taboo to mention Ibo, Ojukwu or Biafra, your post was removed because it was offtopic, the topic in discussion had nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley80(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2013
^At least you were courteous enough to offer an explanation, OAM4J banned me for 5days without as little as a notification or explanation for "tribalism" apparently for mentioning Oduduwa and wussies in one breath. I'm still waiting for a justification of the utterly senseless ban.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by vanstanzy(m): 10:54am On Jan 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
This is a link from guardian. Where's the Nairaland link?

This is the NL link: https://www.nairaland.com/1169691/outrage-over-attack-sultan-tinubu
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
wesley80: ^At least you were courteous enough to offer an explanation, OAM4J banned me for 5days without as little as a notification or explanation for "tribalism" apparently for mentioning Oduduwa and wussies in one breath. I'm still waiting for a justification of the utterly senseless ban.

When you posted it the first time, you saw how quickly your post was picked on by other posters and the thread was being derailed into another tribal bashing but for my quick intervention. At that time I banned nobody but hid all the posts. But trying to be smart, you posted the same thing again making it look like you were only replying to a post.

Seeing how it was derailing the thread, turning it into tribal war, and my hiding it should have stopped you from posting it again but of course it seems you cant resist posting it so I had to ban you to prevent you from posting it the third time and posting anything that will derail a thread into a tribal war in the future.

We are trying to bring a lasting sanity here, you are not the only one affected, in the last few days Mukina2 and I must have banned not less than 30 serial tribal warriors across the ethnics. All we are saying is that; you should make your point on topic and while doing that dont insult another poster or ethnic group.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley80(m): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
wesley80: ^At least you were courteous enough to offer an explanation, OAM4J banned me for 5days without as little as a notification or explanation for "tribalism" apparently for mentioning Oduduwa and wussies in one breath. I'm still waiting for a justification of the utterly senseless ban.
I know you Mods have privileges but should you also be modifying peoples posts at will? The bolded is a moniker I've not been able to manage typing for some time so I go with the much easier OMAJE4 and as far as I've seen and heard, no one has expressed any discomfort, so why on earth was my post modified by whoever and the contents attributed to me? If someone with such privileges isn't comfortable with a post I made, why not do the usual hiding of posts? What right do you have to modify the content of my post without my consent? Na your head I take type am? abeg abeg abeg
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 12:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
^The moniker is OAM4J. Only 5 characters that shouldn't be difficult to remember. Next time you type it as OMAJE4 or any other way, I will see it as a deliberate attempt to abuse my moniker.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by mukina2: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
wesley80:
I know you Mods have privileges but should you also be modifying peoples posts at will? The bolded is a moniker I've not been able to manage typing for some time so I go with the much easier OMAJE4 and as far as I've seen and heard, no one has expressed any discomfort, so why on earth was my post modified by whoever and the contents attributed to me? If someone with such privileges isn't comfortable with a post I made, why not do the usual hiding of posts? What right do you have to modify the content of my post without my consent? Na your head I take type am? abeg abeg abeg

i edited your post from
^At least you were courteous enough to offer an explanation, the pin headed OMAJE4 banned me for 5days without as little as a notification or explanation for "tribalism" apparently for mentioning Oduduwa and wussies in one breath. I'm still waiting for a justification of the utterly senseless ban.

to what it is now.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley08(m): 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2013
^ And you banned me for what? For drawing a response from the pin head that banned me for 5days without letting me know. Oh I see, ediocy comes with territory.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
OAM4J:

When you posted it the first time, you saw how quickly your post was picked on by other posters and the thread was being derailed into another tribal bashing but for my quick intervention. At that time I banned nobody but hid all the posts. But trying to be smart, you posted the same thing again making it look like you were only replying to a post.

Seeing how it was derailing the thread, turning it into tribal war, and my hiding it should have stopped you from posting it again but of course it seems you cant resist posting it so I had to ban you to prevent you from posting it the third time and posting anything that will derail a thread into a tribal war in the future.

We are trying to bring a lasting sanity here, you are not the only one affected, in the last few days Mukina2 and I must have banned not less than 30 serial tribal warriors across the ethnics. All we are saying is that; you should make your point on topic and while doing that dont insult another poster or ethnic group.

Thanks.

Ok, I didn't see this earlier but I'm sure you can forgive me seeing it took you the best part of 7 DAYS to manage a response. Back to topic.
If you say my post was picked on by other posters to indulge in ethnic bashing, does that necessarily make me a tribalist? I only made a wicked humoured joke - granted - that was seized upon by others ( Seanet and Dayokanu) two notorious tribalist to do what they are known for. I reposted after the post was clean because I felt they wouldve moved on and others regardless of tribe would enjoy the joke just as I alluded to in my second hidden post on that thread, but you had to make a point allbeit an ill informed one!
I have no history of indulging in ethnic bashing, I received no warning and you gave me no explanation for a first time offender even when I was at a loss as to why I couldn't post yet you show up acting all macho like a freshly castrated eunuch and you expect me to have kind words for you?
I know you guys are trying to bring sanity in here but charity should start at home - some of you guys appear to be less sane than those you're after, the resort to lengthy bans at the slightest provocation is absurd and for folks with a clear conscience as myself it only achieves the direct opposite when a simple sentence wouldve left me accepting my ban in good spirit - a simple sentence!
Now here we are with a newly formed "wesley8 series" (10 in all) and a bloated NL membership figure because of trigger happy common sense lacking Mods.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Yeah, you can hide those posts and ban this moniker also, I'm sure you have to find a way to make yourselves relevant.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
wesley8:

Ok, I didn't see this earlier but I'm sure you can forgive me seeing it took you the best part of 7 DAYS to manage a response. Back to topic.
If you say my post was picked on by other posters to indulge in ethnic bashing, does that necessarily make me a tribalist? I only made a wicked humoured joke - granted - that was seized upon by others ( Seanet and Dayokanu) two notorious tribalist to do what they are known for. I reposted after the post was clean because I felt they wouldve moved on and others regardless of tribe would enjoy the joke just as I alluded to in my second hidden post on that thread, but you had to make a point allbeit an ill informed one!
I have no history of indulging in ethnic bashing, I received no warning and you gave me no explanation for a first time offender even when I was at a loss as to why I couldn't post yet you show up acting all macho like a freshly castrated eunuch and you expect me to have kind words for you?
I know you guys are trying to bring sanity in here but charity should start at home - some of you guys appear to be less sane than those you're after, the resort to lengthy bans at the slightest provocation is absurd and for folks with a clear conscience as myself it only achieves the direct opposite when a simple sentence wouldve left me accepting my ban in good spirit - a simple sentence!
Now here we are with a newly formed "wesley8 series" (10 in all) and a bloated NL membership figure because of trigger happy common sense lacking Mods.

I thought the reason I banned you was obvious. My bad. Apologies for not breaking it down to you earlier.

You do not need series of monikers if you dont plan to break the rules. Besides it is a waste of your time IMO, since the series can all be banned in seconds with a click of a button compare to the length of time it took you creating them.

Just remain the law-abiding good person you used to be and we will be good friends.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 2:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Am still waiting.

I want my month spent on Nairaland back in my profile

Afam4eva:
Let me inform Seun about that.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 3:08pm On Jan 21, 2013
OAM4J:

I thought the reason I banned you was obvious. My bad. Apologies for not breaking it down to you earlier.

You do not need series of monikers if you dont plan to break the rules. Besides it is a waste of your time IMO, since the series can all be banned in seconds with a click of a button compare to the length of time it took you creating them.

Just remain the law-abiding good person you used to be and we will be good friends.

Thanks.
I'll decide how I'll use my time and seeing you've been around trying to second guess me, I'm certain you aren't spending your time better that I am. After banning my series of monikers will you also wipe them off the registered list? duh! Go ahead and ban "Wesley", ban my IP, I'm certain I'll find a way around it - wanna bet? I just hope I still have th stomach for your ish. As for your feigned courtesy, you can shove it down your wrong end.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by vanstanzy(m): 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
OAM4J: ^The moniker is OAM4J. Only 5 characters that shouldn't be difficult to remember. Next time you type it as OMAJE4 or any other way, I will see it as a deliberate attempt to abuse my moniker.

Thanks.

I have been going thru some of ur interactions with wesley80/ 08/ 8, and couldn't help but ask. Fv*ck did u do to piss him off? That guy sounds like a bag of bad news waiting to happen!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by leonshom(m): 7:09am On Jan 22, 2013
I wonder y my posts neva get 2d front page, and I wuld see dsame post or same story getin 2d front page,despite the time difference, I think its Injustice and its unfair,its really discouraging to make further posts. Though,I made a new post this morning,stil checkin if it wuld ever get 2d front page, buh I guez dsame post 4rm anoda member wuld soon get there !
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by naptu2: 7:20am On Jan 22, 2013
leonshom: I wonder y my posts neva get 2d front page, and I wuld see dsame post or same story getin 2d front page,despite the time difference, I think its Injustice and its unfair,its really discouraging to make further posts. Though,I made a new post this morning,stil checkin if it wuld ever get 2d front page, buh I guez dsame post 4rm anoda member wuld soon get there !

Post a link to your thread.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ogusbaba1(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ogusbaba1(m): 11:36am On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mods when is the ban on Wesley80 due to elapse? Abi na indefinite ban?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
wesley8: Mods when is the ban on Wesley80 due to elapse? Abi na indefinite ban?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Odunnu: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mr Wesley,
just so you dont feel ignored, lemme answer you. cheesy
Whenever you are banned, (you will be banned several times over, going by your stubborness) just check your profile the reason is always there, the 'ban-ner' would be listed and when it would expire would also be listed. Just view your profile.
In this case, your ban will expire on the 25th.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ogusbaba1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1171681/how-girl-murdered-brother-ogus mod pls move to front page and let the world see what a girl can do
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Queentoks4U: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
" Nigeria giant of Africa" how true is this statement in light of the current state of my beloved country? cry cry
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Feedmemore(f): 8:12am On Jan 23, 2013
Moderator/s can you pls unlock/ unhide my post on this topic on the foreign affairs section? Thanks in advance.

Ivorian Panafricanist Youth Leader Kidnapped By French Secret Service Agents - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by wesley8: 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
Odunnu: Mr Wesley,
just so you dont feel ignored, lemme answer you. cheesy
Whenever you are banned, (you will be banned several times over, going by your stubborness) just check your profile the reason is always there, the 'ban-ner' would be listed and when it would expire would also be listed. Just view your profile.
In this case, your ban will expire on the 25th.
Just so you don't think I didn't acknowledge your response, I actually did but apparently the other Mods don't take kindly to some other Mods receiving receiving compliments on a place they are supposed to ruining running the show. Anyway thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Feedmemore(f): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Moderator/s can you pls unlock/ unhide my post on this topic on the foreign affairs section? Thanks in advance.

Ivorian Panafricanist Youth Leader Kidnapped By French Secret Service Agents - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Feedmemore(f): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mukinatu, Oam4j, Afam4ever, please can guys please unhide my post in the foreign section? >>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Below is the topic in which my post was hidden, I didn't violate any rule, it must have been hidden by pguru mistakenly. Thanks again!

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by GARRIx7(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Who hid my my post in the thread below, and why??

I hate it when people abuse their Authority!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1171913/2-days-blackout-6-states#13966395

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.