Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,170 members, 7,852,991 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here - Politics (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here (226894 Views)

We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission / How To Send Complaints About Bad Roads In Lagos / Let's Have Your Complaints Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (315) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Maxymilliano(m): 6:50pm On Mar 10, 2013
Plz mod how come this thread never grace the front page?

https://www.nairaland.com/1220964/dr-joe-okei-odumakin-awarded-2013

Or you guys rather preferred when terrorist strikes before it become front page worthy

Modified...
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Ngwakwe: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
alex101: I don't see the need for all these long back and forth. We should learn to respond in kind,,,SIMPLE. If a yoruba uses "Ibo" to address me in his post, I respond to him using terms like "Yoruba, Yoruba, Yoruba, Yoruba, yerubi, yoribea, et.al".
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
T
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
The moderators exhort us not to retaliate when insulted but to report such and so I am doing that in the firm expectation that ACTION will be taken so we do not have a free for all.

of course action should be taken and SEEN TO BE TAKEN to avoid accusations of bias etc

https://www.nairaland.com/1220737/apc-fashola-oshiomhole-okorocha-tipped#14689250

Odenigbo Aroli:

You are one hell of a compulsive BIGOT; So,because you came to nairaland and ran into few Igbo that brag about their deeds you instantly concludes that we are boastful and for that reason we should never rule Nigeria. What a nutcase! How about all the Igbo intelligencia that Obasanjo and Goodluck has used to reform our economy,which the North and Southwest ran to the ground after their victory in the civil war. Why did your government invite people like Akunyili,Obi,Stella Oduah,Okonjo,Soludo,Ezekwesili,Arunma,Barth Nnaji and co to come save your wretched government? Let me tell you block head something....When the time comes for an Igbo man to rule this country he will do so and do it excellently just like our technocrats has been doing. Yorubas come here everyday and brag about how they are the most educated and the richest and I guess your aging eyes didn't see that but for some reason same eyes manage to see when an Igbo brags about his business prowess. I thought you were somewhat intelligent but I didn't realize I was interacting with a blind fool..fu..ck off! You don't decide!
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
Andrew Uweh commented on Igbo - Ibo controversy. But I'm having a hard time locating the comment where he quoted a source.

Andre Uweh:
Igbo and Ibo are not correct. It is Igbo. As you are known as Aribisala0 in this forum, it will not be proper to insult you by spelling your id as Arigbisala0. Ndigbo have made it known since 1973 v that it is Igbo. This was done through the Society for the Promotion of Igbo Language and Culture (SPILAC),a body set up for the promotion of Igbo language and culture. It is nice you mentioned Prof Achebe using Ibo earlier but he and others have stopped that since ages. Am sure you don't write Gold Coast now instead of Ghana, Upper Volta instead of Bukina Faso or Bombay instead of Mumbai.
As a matter of respect, type Igbo instead of Ibo, am sure this is not hard.

https://www.nairaland.com/938835/lets-complaints-suggestions-enquiries-here/40#13803174
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by YorubaOmoge: 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Can I still use Ibhoe?

I find that spelling sexy
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
ACM10: Andrew Uweh commented on Igbo - Ibo controversy. But I'm having a hard time locating the comment where he quoted a source.

https://www.nairaland.com/938835/lets-complaints-suggestions-enquiries-here/40#13803174

I don't even know why this is even a topic of contention, it's like using the n-word, the blacks don't mind using the word amongst themselves but if you ain't black and you use it, let's see how they'll react to you. Why because it's offensive to them (though it has a history), same applies. Whether Prof Achebe used it or not, I would hold it against him unlike others. The Nigerian Govt has adopted it, why can people respect it? I believe a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by OAM4J: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Can I still use Ibhoe?

I find that spelling sexy

NO.

@ ALL

In the interest of peace and for avoidance of derogatory attempt doubt, let the South Easterners people be referred to and called Igbo on Niaraland Politics Section. It is only a 4 letter word, not hard to type.

The South Westerners should also be referred to and called Yoruba and not any other name.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
manny4life:

I don't even know why this is even a topic of contention, it's like using the n-word, the blacks don't mind using the word amongst themselves but if you ain't black and you use it, let's see how they'll react to you. Why because it's offensive to them (though it has a history), same applies. Whether Prof Achebe used it or not, I would hold it against him unlike others. The Nigerian Govt has adopted it, why can people respect it? I believe a word is enough for the wise.
Guy sometimes you behave like a child. We are still waiting for you to answer when the adoption happened and you just continue making stuff up.Nigerian government accepted what where and when There is no parallel with the N word none whatsoever and this so called offence is new and idiosyncratic next you will bring gay and lesbian into it and say its like the H word don't call me Homo call me Gay . You cannot ram a personal choice down everyone's throats . No generally recognized Ibo body has made this an issue otherwise it won't be a secret. If you (IBO NATION)request people Formally to change they will.But this is a very minute number of people trying to force everyone to adopt their view and there has been no unanimous decisions by Ibos just a few who think they know more than everyone.
Why continue to spell Enugu instead of Enugwu
What you are involved in is a corrective campaign which I have no quarrel with.But you are going about it the wrong way. Ibo cam into existence before you were born and will probably outlive you. If you want it to die.First unite Igbos around that cause and give it time. These things take time. Lifetimes that is. Educate young minds who don't know and wait for those who can't learn to die or kill them all grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by YorubaOmoge: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
OAM4J:

NO.

@ ALL

In the interest of peace and for avoidance of derogatory attempt doubt, let the South Easterners people be referred to and called Igbo on Niaraland Politics Section. It is only a 5 letter word, not hard to type.

The South Westerners should also be referred to and called Yoruba and not any other name.

Thanks.
O ga, na olodo I marry ni? grin

Igbo abi Ibhoe? grin

One is 4 letters, the other is 5 o

1 Like

Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda:
Guy sometimes you behave like a child. We are still waiting for you to answer when the adoption happened and you just continue making stuff up.Nigerian government accepted what where and when There is no parallel with the N word none whatsoever and this so called offence is new and idiosyncratic next you will bring gay and lesbian into it and say its like the H word don't call me Homo call me Gay . You cannot ram a personal choice down everyone's throats . No generally recognized Ibo body has made this an issue otherwise it won't be a secret. If you (IBO NATION)request people Formally to change they will.But this is a very minute number of people trying to force everyone to adopt their view and there has been no unanimous decisions by Ibos just a few who think they know more than everyone.

You did not see my respond abi? Let me guess, ACM10 did not pull a statement out there?

Continue speaking English, when you're done, let me know... If your government including your states address Ibo as Igbo, then CASE CLOSED... If you cannot respect the fact that calling me a name is OFFENSIVE and want to prove your right, guess what, Call me Ibo, and all bets are off. I have no time to exchange thrash with you.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Odunnu: 8:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
OAM4J! I imagine you in 'shortnicker' with a tucked in shirt and socks in a canvass. Wielding a big stick. LMAO.
If the politics section people will give you HBP, better swap with Seun.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by ACM10: 9:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
OAM4J:

NO.

@ ALL

In the interest of peace and for avoidance of derogatory attempt doubt, let the South Easterners people be referred to and called Igbo on Niaraland Politics Section. It is only a 4 letter word, not hard to type.

Thanks.

Please warn Omonnakoda aka Garri X1, X2, X3 to X1,000,000 to desist from using the term "Ibo" when making reference to us or we will turn this forum into a free-for-all fight. Use of derogatory term "Ibo" cannot be tolerated by us and it should stop! We will respond in kind in a way and manner that pleases us if it does not stop.

omonnakoda:
What you are involved in is a corrective campaign which I have no quarrel with.But you are going about it the wrong way. Ibo cam into existence before you were born and will probably outlive you. If you want it to die.First unite Igbos around that cause and give it time. These things take time. Lifetimes that is. Educate young minds who don't know and wait for those who can't learn to die or kill them all grin
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiora4life: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2013
@OAM4J, where did you see me insult someone or calling someone Ibo?
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiora4life: 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
You guys will not believe this mod BANNED ME AGAIN,

[size=16pt]MR OAM4J, can you kindly post where I insulted someone IBO?[/size]
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
have you been banned?Is that for what we have been arguing on this thread or have you been bad again shocked shocked
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiora4life: 9:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
omonnakoda: have you been banned?

YES, I have been banned again.
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by Obiora4life: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2013
Mr Mod, don't tell me it will take you another 4days to reply, or would it?

[size=16pt]MR OAM4J, can you kindly post where I insulted someone IBO?[/size]
Re: Let's Have Your Complaints, Suggestions & Enquiries Here by omonnakoda: 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2013
Obiora4life:

YES, I have been banned again.
If it was for what you said to me that was harsh like Nani's red card. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (315)

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) / Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.