Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? (6791 Views)

Photo: Which Would Be Your Pick For Use On Nigerian Roads? / The Most Common Car On Nigerian Roads? / Annoying Things Other Drivers Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Zulele: 1:39pm On May 17, 2012
berem: weneva i drive my koboko is always with me to flog any careless driver who crosses my path! coolweneva i drive my koboko is always with me to flog any careless driver who crosses my path!
LIER!
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Fhemmmy: 1:43pm On May 17, 2012
I would not do such in Nigeria, a nation where wickedness is just next to their nature . . .
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by kingPINN(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2012
I used to hold water for mouth so make I no fire any salvo..na d cure b tis..

Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by stagger: 1:44pm On May 17, 2012
Sometime in 2004, I was sprayed with "kai-kai spit" by one crazy bike man in Yenagoa. Men, I nearly strangled the man when I got hold of him.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by sylve11: 1:57pm On May 17, 2012
dadicvila: Very suprised to see even my uncle that is a pastor hurling insult at a fellow road user...it seems it cuts across all ages,gender,religion and occupation....."you no see how you dey drive like goat?very soon you go die lyk fowl"....

Oh God! grin grin grin cool
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by kilimanjaro(m): 2:02pm On May 17, 2012
The worst was when i called one man a "mad man" for driving recklessly. Could u believe this came after me, double crossed me with his car, hop out and started throwing punch at me while on stearing.
Luckily for me, non of the punch hit me as i used one leg to hold the brake and bent towards the passenger seat.
Suddenly, i opened the driver's door and hit him with it. He was already on the floor when i came out; i descended on him and beat craze comot for hin head.
Ol boy, come see as about 1000 people crowded us and the traffic-hold we cause.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by djeezy(m): 2:08pm On May 17, 2012
dadicvila: Is it possible to drive on Nigerian roads and not hurl insults at other drivers?considering how reckless majority of the drivers on Nigerian roads drive....ignoring basic traffic laws and putting other road users in danger....do u exchange insults or do you ignore them mayb due to your good manners or maturity....

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an i.diot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by sylve11: 2:08pm On May 17, 2012
kilimanjaro: The worst was when i called one man a "mad man" for driving recklessly. Could u believe this came after me, double crossed me with his car, hop out and started throwing punch at me while on stearing.
Luckily for me, non of the punch hit me as i used one leg to hold the brake and bent towards the passenger seat.
Suddenly, i opened the driver's door and hit him with it. He was already on the floor when i came out; i descended on him and beat craze comot for hin head.

my friend u too dey lie, the man beat u that day. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On May 17, 2012
kilimanjaro: The worst was when i called one man a "mad man" for driving recklessly. Could u believe this came after me, double crossed me with his car, hop out and started throwing punch at me while on stearing.

That is what needed to be avoided . . . road rage aint worth it
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by doja(m): 2:13pm On May 17, 2012
It is impossible not to. It is crazy driving on Nigerian roads...
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by iyatrustee(f): 2:15pm On May 17, 2012
tongue winkna normal tin for me jare! especially when its a man trying to chance me sake of say i be woman
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Acelifted: 2:28pm On May 17, 2012
I used to, until I saw the folly in it. God is helping me to stop it. I don't just yell, I will actually double-cross and force you to stop, in order to "talk senses into your head". But its all silly. I am trying to be calm these days. Not always successful....but surely better than before.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by ZUBY77(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2012
I am an expert in murmuring when they drive carelessly. Having drove for years in Europe, i find most naira drivers disgusting.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by amosy007: 2:31pm On May 17, 2012
tims without number
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by harakiri(m): 2:43pm On May 17, 2012
When i was a teenager, YES! At this age? NO! Why? It's pointless. People will always make dumb moves on the road each day and yelling out is only giving yourself blood pressure. I just watch out for the dumb drivers and use the horn when necessary.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by kilimanjaro(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2012
sylve11:

my friend u too dey lie, the man beat u that day. cool cool
lie for wetin nah?
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by 190: 3:21pm On May 17, 2012
Iyatrustee when dem don chance put 4 bush before

Driver ke - woman ni
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by iyatrustee(f): 3:27pm On May 17, 2012
angry angry angry angry
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by ndigbo: 3:30pm On May 17, 2012
i do it all the time ! Once i drive pass a reckless driver, i just shake my head a little and mute Animal !
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Yeske2(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2012
You can't drive on Nigerian roads and remain sane especially with those okada riders, be ready to give and receive insults. It happened this morning and definitely will happen this evening....but never thought of this as a problem though.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by philip0906(m): 3:39pm On May 17, 2012
Nigerians especially Lagosians, r hot tempered peeps. Small thing dey vex dem.Dats y u hardly drive around without seeing drivers especially danfo drivers exchanging punches or 2 keke Napep/okada riders hurling heart rendering insults dat can send someone 2 his/her early grave.Its worse when u driving a somewhat "exotic" car-they seem 2 gang up against u. Sometimes I don't blame them as d situation in d country is frustrating and they are only transfering their aggression.
The other day, while in a hold-up along d isolo-oke afa road, a driver 4rm another lane blurted out with spit flying all over - "u no go carry ur big head commot so dat other people wey dey ur back go drive go front" I was wondering what was his business since u r not on my lane?his words reeked of frustration, I just ignored him.Dats d every day life of a Lagosian.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by kilimanjaro(m): 3:47pm On May 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is what needed to be avoided . . . road rage aint worth it
U are right. But, u know, some people will frustrate u to the last.
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by lahips: 4:25pm On May 17, 2012
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by bodsibobo(m): 4:37pm On May 17, 2012
Yesssss! I even curse and warn them!
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by olsmade(m): 4:51pm On May 17, 2012
No
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by khrisponty(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2012
dadicvila: Is it possible to drive on Nigerian roads and not hurl insults at other drivers?considering how reckless majority of the drivers on Nigerian roads drive....ignoring basic traffic laws and putting other road users in danger....do u exchange insults or do you ignore them mayb due to your good manners or maturity....

#TRUESTORY....A blind man walks into zenith bank abuja, to cash a cheque, the cashier goes 'do you have any identification? He wips out a drivers license boom... Do d maths. 80% of Nigerian road users wit full licenses r unfit drivers and I derive joy insulting dier fathers life everyday
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by semidaraeb(m): 6:32pm On May 17, 2012
Very Gullity
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by aieromon(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2012
If you drive in Lagos traffic and don't know how to hurl insults,then you're missing a lot of fun.
You can be a good driver today and make a costly slipup tomorrow.Apology doesnt solve the problem because the crazy driver instead of accepting apology is already calling you all kinds of names.
I only forgive if it is a female driver,period.By forgive,I mean I shake my head in shame.It really pisses them off. cool
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 17, 2012
The spirit is willing not to but the flesh may not permit
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by alienYOUTH(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2012

Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by spikesC(m): 9:46pm On May 17, 2012
When ma brother got his first car, he changed, he became somewhat always angry not tolerating any shit. Gosh, i hated it and keeps telling him. One thing i noticed is that it is everywhere, there's a spirit in the steering wheels that make you insult ppl. No one here would ever vouch he has never said such, even the so called professionally trained drivers do sometimes drive shit, e dey sweet no be small, especially for traffic jam. Omo, if not, na by 2am you go dey reach house. I told ma self i would never insult any one when i start driving....eeehmm, well. grin grin

One thing you gotta learn is what exactly keeps you off insulting other drivers. Mine is music, i always play music in ma car anytime am driving. I would never waste a second of a sweet track insulting a d!ck head. Not to talk of the latest 2face album.

But well, once in a while, maybe more than once, i tell those stup!d unripe embryos what they deserve grin
Re: Do You Hurl Insults At Other Drivers On Nigerian Roads?? by Dagods(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2012
Lol. Its just a culture.
I've seen it cause an almost averted accident na wa i trow sachet water 2 a guy wit camry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get A Genuine Tinted Permit and how to get your vehicle documents done. / Which Car Would You Suggest I Use For Transportation / Mercedes Benz, Honda Or BMW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.