Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? (5430 Views)

5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 / Mr Biggs Franchise / Ringo Telecomm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2005
Ringo is a "full service telecommunications distribution company, specifically created to change the face of retail marketing of GSM, PTO and all telephony products and services through the development of Ringo Supershops pan-Nigeria."

The shops would sell "state-of-the art telephony products and services from all the wireless networks (GSM/PTO) and manufacturers of handsets/accesories including recharge cards and SIM cards" and provide a "world class shopping environment for the discerning consumer."

The company (Ringo Telecommunications Limited) seeks to "appoint franchisees and operators who would run these supershops in all the key commercial cities in Nigeria as an ongoing profitable venture".

What sort of franchise operators are they looking for?
[list][li]Individuals who have standard shops in major streets in key commercial cities/towns in Nigeria in locations that are "quite visible and enjoy excellent human and vehicular traffic", who are "willing to transform these shops to the Ringo franchise", with their branding and an exclusive contract to only sell products offered by Ringo"[/li]
[li]Individuals who are already selling telephony products (sim cards, recharge cards, handsets and accessories) in standard shops <snip> and are willing to take their shops to the next level <snip>.[/li]
[li]Individuals who have just acquired standard shops in prime locations and who have been seeking/waiting for the right platform to actualize their interest.[/li]
[li]Individuals/organizations who own or run chains of standard stores, either in one particular city or in different cities, and would be willing to partner with the Ringo Brand to bring their store chain into the Ringo franchise.[/li]
[li]Entrepreneurs looking for a profitable and low risk venture to invest their money in, who are willing to acquire shops/stores in good locations within Nigeria and manage their investment themselves <snip>.[/li]
[li]Housewives looking ro run a store close to their homes which they would manage themselves.[/li][/list]

What floor area does your shop need to be?
Ringo Dream Shops: 50-60 square meters.
Ringo Classic Shops: 28-35 square meters.
Ringo Point Shops: 8-12 square meters.

What other jargon do they want you to know?
Ringo Business Model - the business model you wil have to follow if accepted.
Ringo Entrepreneur - A cool name to call yourself if they choose you!

What to send to the operators of the 'Ringoshop' scheme?
- A formal application stating your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Educational qualifications.
- Your business locations with directions (how to reach your place).
- Dimensions of your store/shop.
- The kind of business you are involved in.
- Picture of the entire building with an arrow pointing to your store.
- Why you are interested in partnering with the Ringo brand.
- Who will be managing the business and her educational qualifications.
- If you do not own a shop/store at the moment, write to inform them about your passion to become a franchisee and the possible location of your intended shop.

Ringoshop Franchisee/Operator Scheme Address:
Ringo Telecommunications Limited, PMB 21719, Ikeja.
Email: [email]franchisee@ringoshops.com[/email], [email]info@ringoshops.com[/email]

Hope you find this useful!  Source: Page 42, The Guardian Nigeria, July 20 2005
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by buddy(m): 12:39am On Jul 22, 2005
How much will it cost?
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by Seun(m): 1:04am On Jul 22, 2005
I don't have the answer to that question, but I'm sure that they will give you such details if and when your application is accepted. That's the Nigerian way of doing business; we love to withhold important pricing information until the very last minute! Whereas, such pricing information can help you decide whether or not to apply.
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by kazey(m): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2005
It is a marketing strategy to avoid scaring potential customers away. When you come in and apply, then they would try convincing you, what the returns is and your possible way of raising that capital, besides other areas of seeing you go ahead in investing in the franchise. They dont want to scare you away with price tags.

Well so to speak, i am really impressed. Frachise home made company, impressive.
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by Seun(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2005

Ringo is now looking for the following types of Value Added Service providers, and their Nigerian representatives:
- World class GSM Handset Manufacturers.
- GSM Telephone Acessories Manufacturers.
- CDMA hand-held / fixed wireless telephone manufacturers.

Also needed by Ringo:
- Prepaid Packages Providers.
- International Prepaid Call Cards / Prepaid Internet Access Card Providers.
- Game/Lottery Content Providers (for terminals and point-of-sale equipment).
- Providers of international/local banking cards and products (for vending/point of purchase).
- Providers of value-added services like ring-tones, dialling tones, wallpapers, etc.

Solutions Providers also needed:
- Commercial Telephone Equipment/Solution Providers.
- Point-of sale Equipment Providers
- Providers of Accounting packages integrated with point-of-sale solution.

Write to express your interest by stating:
- Your company name/address.
- Your specific area of interest.
- Your company profile including any information that'll increase your chances of being chosen by them.

RINGO CONTACT ADDRESS FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
VALUE ADDED SERVICE PROVIDER SCHEME
Ringo Telecommunications Limited, P.M.B. 21791, Ikeja.
Email vas@ringoshops.com, info@ringoshops.com
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by starb: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2005
What is the physical address or contact phone number of Ringoshops or don't they have any? There is nothing in their website and their email addresses keep rejecting sent mails. Could you kindly provide their phone number or physical address. Thanks
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by Seun(m): 3:01am On Sep 01, 2005
Their postal address - Ringo Telecommunications Limited, P.M.B. 21791, Ikeja - is the closest I can find.
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by abujabooks(f): 12:44am On Jan 28, 2008
@Did anyone sign up for this franchise? Post the positives and negatives.
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by fredosmith: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2009
Really looking an interesting franchise.
Can you give me some more explanation about this franchise?
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by idaesuuk(f): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
Tans 4 registering me, can u pls send 2 me ur current price list 4 zain and MTN pins
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by eleganceng: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2009
pls i need their phone no to locate them, am interesting in doing biz with them 08054099809 wale
Re: Ringo "Ringoshops" - A Promising Upcoming Telecom Franchise? by karadjorje: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Hello nairalander.this Ringo shop their website is not functioning I think its just a domain name waiting to be sold.can some one please fashion us with the latest them?I look forward to that thanks all.

(1) (Reply)

Little Drops Of Water, Makes A Mighty Ocean. Do You Believe This? / Alternative Means I Use In Getting Forex (usd,eur,gbp) For My Int'l Transactions / Nigeria’s Forex Inflow Hits $15bn In First Quarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.