Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again (2436 Views)

I'm Afraid I Will Die And Find Out Christians Or Jews Were Right And Not Muslims / I'm Afraid That This Might Come To Reality. / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Joey82(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2007
Yes, i go to church, i love God, infact most of the moments i live to remember most are the ones i knelt at the alter to pray fevently to God, i like communicating with God.

On d other hand i'm into the world, i have a lovely girlfriend, loves dancing and wont live without hearing worldly music, infact the hard core raps.

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and cant seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i cant help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, cos i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i dont know if somebody is in ma kinda shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by jaysworld(f): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2007
I know what its like,but man how long will you continue in all of this??now ponder on this!If u were to be bedridden for a while in the hospital,would u be thinking of listening to those hard core raps,or would your priority be being with your girl. hmnnnn, NO NO NO.THERE IS NOTHING SCARY OR TERRIFYING ABOUT BEING CLOSE TO YOUR CREATOR.AT THIS JUNCTURE ,LET ME SAY THAT YOU ARE ONLY WALLOWING IN SIN CAUSE YOU ARE ENJOYING WHAT YOU ARE DOING.tHINK IT THROUGH.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by lafile(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2007
my guy i was in the same shoes as u. Music, especially Hip Hop was my life. I knew every word from Snoops doggy style album. I cried when tupac died. I was one of the first people to play DMX on campus. I was that into it. I loved the groove. I loved the chiks. I loved the hanging out. loved the late nites on campus. but i also knew my lifestyle was wrong. I had grown up within the christian community and lots of bible had stuck. I knew what i had to do. I had to live my life for God. I had to forsake all the things i enjoyed. But i seriously couldnt believe there was any better substitute in christianity that could take the place of my groove.
But thank God for his grace. during one of those strikes just sitting at home i just couldnt run away from the fact that my life was empty. Away from my friends God got my attention and i realised how lost i was. I looked back at my friends, and realised how much valuable time i was wasting with them. I looked at the songs and realised what damage they were doing to my soul. One in particular shocked me. In one of DMX's songs (Let me fly) he said "I sold my soul to the devil and the price was cheap". I had said those words a thousand times and never realised what it meant. And by Gods grace, i surrendered my all to God (for the final time) and have never looked back.
And now i'm having more fun than i've ever had. I have more music now than i had then. Music that i really truly enjoy. Trust me there's christian music with real groove. real hip hop. Ever heard of KJ-52?
Now I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world. And i would not have met her if i was still living my old lifestyle.
Sin is a bondage. ANything u cannot willingly leave, has become ur master. Dont be a slave to sin. What u see ans enjoyment right now is actually bondage. If its not bondage u will be able to leave it.

God bless u. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by jaysworld(f): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2007
good talk lafile,good to know u are a living example.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Joey82(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2007
@jaysworld and lafile.

thanx real much, i hope to make a final u- turn with words of courage.
once a gain i appreciate u guys.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by efuah(f): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
thanks ya'all for the advice given to dear friend Joey kiss

Joey dear, they said all wanted to say. . . make a good decision darl kiss
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Ndipe(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2007
Glory be to God for your testimony@Lafille. May He continue to keep you in His paths in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2007
All I can add after the many have so far is this, There is a difference between being a real man and being a child. A Child is easily controlled by things around but a man takes control of things around him, including his emotions.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Joey82(m): 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2007
@kobojunkie,
men dont have control over things arround them, only God does.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by soty(m): 10:48am On Nov 20, 2007
joey i luv ur response"God is in ctrl of all around u"but scripture says unless a man leaves his parents(which then ws the most precious thing to a man)&follows me(Jesus christ)then im not in him(hes not worthy to be a xtian).so take d step,say a word of prayer for forgiveness.we've all bin there.i believe u'll make it too.
if u'v any difficulty jst post a reply online agian,all the best bro
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 21, 2007
Joey82:

Yes, i go to church, i love God, infact most of the moments i live to remember most are the ones i knelt at the alter to pray fevently to God, i like communicating with God.

On d other hand i'm into the world, i have a lovely girlfriend, loves dancing and wont live without hearing worldly music, infact the hard core raps.

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and can't seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i can't help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, because i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i don't know if somebody is in ma kind of shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?

I have been there.
I was 16 going on 17,freshman at uni
had a first boyfriend,that I "loved" dearly
Christ tugged at my heart and I could not bear to lose my boyfriend,I cried because I didn't want to be one of those Bible thumping "Jesus freaks" on campus
The hardest thing to let go was Ade,my boyfriend.
But Christ was patient with me and I finally said yes.

I have not regretted my decision one bit.

It's been many many years ago and I am living a full life.
I am also a lover of music like you
There are wonderful contemporary Christian and gospel artists.
I have not missed a thing and God's been good.
And at the fullness of time,he gave me a soulmate,my lover and a man that also loves God dearly.

Joey,with God,all things are possible.

1 Like

Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by lexington: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ joey

I just joined nairaland and read your "cry for help". But i would like to point out a few things about being born-again. firstly, it isn't a lifestyle but there is a lifestyle in it. 2. it isn't a change a character but there is a change of character in it. 3. it isn't repenting from one's sin, and finally, it is not changing one's beliefs to another or walking or talking funny. Being born again is having divinity residing in humanity. Being born again is actually having the very essence of the Godhead in you, inherently it is being God on earth.
Let me explain, when a man is born, he is born with the human life, this puts him in the class of the humanrace, he looks like one, talks, acts and reasons like one. The human life is the highest form of life on this side of heaven. But there is a life that is greater than the human life and that is the life that God almighty has; now this life is in his son, therefore he that hath the son hath this life. what life is he referring to, he is talking about the very life that God has in himself. So when yu say one is born again, you are not talking about a religious term that indicates someone that drinks no more or party's no more, we are talking about one who is literally the son of God or an offspring of God.
Concerning droppin your habit being scary to you, if yu recall, i said being born again is not changing character but there's character change in it. If you could change your ways, you wouldn't need God. If someone invited you over to his crib for dinner, do you think the person won't have arranged for your feeding? Let God worry about changing you, and all you need is just answer the call.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Joey82(m): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2007
@lexington,
good talk, really appreciate ya.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by lexington: 4:53pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ joey,

I glad i can be of help to you.

just dont wait too long to answer him. It's an exciting life, i can assure of you.

A life free of sickness, diseases, brokeness just name it. Imagine a pre-paid glorious life just there for you to say "yes". I took this step some years back and i can boldly i have never regretted it.

I wont say things like, if you dont you'r gonna go to hell, because a man drowning don't need anyone telling him he's drowning, he needs someone to toss him a lifesaver.

The bible says the goodness of God causes men to repent not his judgement.

I invite you to join this glorious family with membership spanning all over the world and heaven.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by dafidixone(m): 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2007

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and can't seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i can't help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, because i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i don't know if somebody is in ma kind of shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?

Hell may be inevitable if you can not overcome your fear cry
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2007
Joey82:

@kobojunkie,
men don't have control over things arround them, only God does.

That is the most misplaced idea ever. What makes you think you CANNOT gain control over things in your life and around you ?? @Joey,  If you can not control your urges and your choices, what makes you think you are even a man ? Or even human
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2007
Can you not control the kind of people you choose to be around or around you?? Can you not control your source of entertainment?? Again, if you have not learned the wisdom of control, then you have a long way to go.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by ifyalways(f): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2007
its really difficult but i think with Gods grace and determination nothing is impossible.
wish you all the best dear.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by MP007(m): 4:18am On Nov 29, 2007
@ poster, may the lord create in u a clean heart,
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by denniz(m): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2007
MY FRIEND, JUST ASK GOD TO CAUSE YOU TO HATE EVIL. HE SHOULD GIVE YOU THE POWER TO SIN NO MORE. I WAS IN YOUR SHOES TOO. I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND ALOT. I COMMIT OTHER EVILS BUT WHEN I ACCEPTED CHRIST,ITS FOREVER. I'M A TEEN BUT I HAVE ENJOY ALOT FROM BEEN WITH GOD AND ABIDING IN CHRIST, I DON'T GET ILL. EVEN IF I DO,IT DOESN'T TAKE ONE MORE DAY. GOD SHOWS ME THINGS IN VISION AT NIGHT.

***********ITS GREAT SERVING GOD*************
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by chychy(f): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2007
u guys know what? When it comes 2 dating, i've never really been happy n i just felt it was God telling me that He doesn't like that kind of thing n even if i must date, it has 2 be done d xtian way,  Funny enough, i'm searching for peace within my soul and i stumble upon  this,  it's still God working. I've answered d call 2x already but at some point i fell along d way side n i have made up my mind to answer the call n like someone mentioned, let Him worry about changing me.

Joey, i feel that 4 d fact that u've started this thread means God is nudging u gently, to retrace your steps and is also using this to touch people like me that are searching for peace and acceptance.

As for your lifestyle, it ain't going to happen instantly, now that u know the implication of what some of these secular music say, u're better informed. It's gradual but u can start by filtering your music, movies and the like, pray often n mk out time 2 at least read a passage of your Bible. If u n ur girlfriend are committing sin, it is best u cut it off and if both of u rededicate ur lives 2 God and if he has destined that u'll be 2gether, then it will be but just let His will not urs be done. (It has happened b4)

I've not gotten there yet but i know i will and so will u by His unending Grace.

No one was born without sin and we all have to choose who we want tto serve God or the devil.
[color=#000099][/color]

Redeemer, Redeem my heart again
Saviour, come and shelter me from sin
U're familiar with my weakness, devoted to the end
Redeemer, Saviour Friend.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by denniz(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
[tt][/tt][color=#770077][/color] THAT'S THE SPIRIT @ CHYCHY!!! JUST SERVE HIM, YOU WILL NEVA REGRET IT. I DO ENJOY GOD'S PRESENCE AND COMMUNION WITH THE GENTLE AND POWERFUL "HOLY SPIRIT"
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Eclairs: 3:17pm On Nov 29, 2007
Bein Born again is a convenant btw ye and thy creator. It's abt havin and maintainin a relationship with thy creator. Thy creator fufils His side of the convenant and xpts you to fufil yours.

@poster

It may be hard to let go the worldly things but the truth is that no earthly being can be 100% committed to God unless God allows it. (stand to be corrected). Begin by gettin into a relationship wit thy creator and try through His grace to maintain the relationship. There's a limit to what humans can do but through Christ Jesus, ntin is possible.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Joey82(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2007
Thanx 2 u all,

@chy chy, i love ur comments, i bet u guys are really making s difference in this section.
do appreciate ye all. thanx once more.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Ndipe(m): 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2007
@Eclairs, correction

Through Christ Jesus, nothing is impossible!
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Eclairs: 1:26am On Nov 30, 2007
Ndipe:

@Eclairs, correction

Through Christ Jesus, nothing is impossible!

I meant anything is possible through Christ. Gs there's nofin wrong with that. Perhaps you fot I meant "nothing". ~Well, thanks for the correction, though We're sayin the same thing.

Keep the comments coming.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by analice107: 10:39pm On May 08, 2017
Joey82:

i'm caught in the web of two opposing ends and cant seem to consider which to dump. Any time i consider being born again, i cant help but imagine how to explain to ma chick, even if i find courage to explain, how can i stop listening to music that feeds ma soul and make ma world go round.

When i think about this and many other things i bcome afraid of giving ma life to christ, cos i feel earthly passion is still so much in me.

i dont know if somebody is in ma kinda shoes, what do i do to forsake all these earthly passions?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. So hilarious. You have chosen, enjoy.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by analice107: 10:43pm On May 08, 2017
Kobojunkie:
All I can add after the many have so far is this, There is a difference between being a real man and being a child. A Child is easily controlled by things around but a man takes control of things around him, including his emotions.
Succinct.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by analice107: 10:45pm On May 08, 2017
Joey82:
@kobojunkie,
men dont have control over things arround them, only God does.
Let us make Man in our image and in our likeness and let them take control of the...

The power to take. control has been given to you sir.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by dhardline(m): 12:21am On May 09, 2017
Wow, I love this thread. It's nice to see that God is doing a great thing in the life of a lit of people and there are a few who have decided to be different from the world.
I always say this to those who care to hear, giving my life to Christ was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life(letting go of the world I knew, the pleasures the friends the music, sex, name it). But when It happened it became the best decision I have ever taken in my life. Today I ask myself why I wasted so much time with things that led me only to destruction while running away from the light.
We are all born into sin and hence that is the only life we know, but when that exchange happens and the life of God takes its place in us, we experience the new life that was once hidden from us same way it is still hidden from the wise and the prudent.

My brother those things that entice you are all vain
Those friends or babe you want to impress today, God forbid you fall and are no more the most they will mourn is a month(if you doubt me ask yourself the longest you have mourned a lost friend and you'll understand better) and life goes on with them, she'll even get a new guy in less than a month while you are left to face God alone.
So you see, this things are vain but you won't understand the level of vain in them until your eyes are opened and you see beyond your nose for the first time. Shalom.
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by Nobody: 12:35am On May 09, 2017
dhardline:
Wow, I love this thread. It's nice to see that God is doing a great thing in the life of a lit of people and there are a few who have decided to be different from the world.
I always say this to those who care to hear, giving my life to Christ was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life(letting go of the world I knew, the pleasures the friends the music, sex, name it). But when It happened it became the best decision I have ever taken in my life. Today I ask myself why I wasted so much time with things that led me only to destruction while running away from the light.
We are all born into sin and hence that is the only life we know, but when that exchange happens and the life of God takes its place in us, we experience the new life that was once hidden from us same way it is still hidden from the wise and the prudent.

My brother those things that entice you are all vain
Those friends or babe you want to impress today, God forbid you fall and are no more the most they will mourn is a month(if you doubt me ask yourself the longest you have mourned a lost friend and you'll understand better) and life goes on with them, she'll even get a new guy in less than a month while you are left to face God alone.
So you see, this things are vain but you won't understand the level of vain in them until your eyes are opened and you see beyond your nose for the first time. Shalom.

Well said....
Re: I'm Afraid Of Being Born Again by paxonel(m): 2:20am On May 09, 2017
Joey82:

And who told you having a girlfriend or attracted to the opposite sex is sin?
Where in the scripture that was recorded that listening to only gospel music is recommended for Christians?
You see how religion has ended puting you in boundage of yourself?
please set yourself free
Enjoy your life, God has never been against anybody enjoying, infact, he created everything for you to enjoy. Music, hip hop, rock,friends, parties, a girl that loves you as much as you love her at this stage of your life, etc.
But ask yourself this question,
Is your relationship with this girl leading you to a sincere positive end? If not, you must have a rethink.
Is the secular music or jams you are listening to is influencing you to behave unreasonably in any way? If yes, and you think gospel music will inspire you to change attend, then you need a change and start eenjoying gospel musics only.
It's all depend on you it's your life.
Talking about being born again, the truth is,nobody,no pastor, no Christian or saint is actually born again.
Everybody are just deceiving themselves.
Don't join them.
Just be yourself, don't pretend anything, God loves you the way you are

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Break The Hedge! / A Burial Sermon Of A Pastor Made Me Angry Yesterday / Faith,belief,reason And Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.