Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,755 members, 7,827,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (17884 Views)

Did The 19 Northern Gov Support Buhari ? Thisday Vs Punch/ Vanguard Newspaper / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Govt Buildings In Abuja &19 Northern States / ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 12:58pm On May 18, 2012
damilola15: This shows how sick they all are.

I don't get it. Even if you don't want to talk along tribal lines these idiots force you to do so. So there is not one of them that does not reason along with Buhari.

Anyway if 19 decides to support him, maybe the 36 - 19 the is left would decide to oppose him.

Don't mind them. They come up with their 19 governors crap thing and claim someone else is dividing the country. If you check closely, you would find out that the entire thing is a pack of lies; lies told by evil types that hunger for innocent blood... All because oil well licenses are running out.

The average Nigerian had better wise up to what the real drivers in "politics" are. It will be their first and most effective lesson into why not a single political party in Nigeria has an ideology. Its all about divying oil money; no creativity, no sense, no responsibility to the people; just a scary-eyed mad dash for oil loot. 19 governors my foot! angry

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Beaf: 1:00pm On May 18, 2012
kay10: Beaf or whenever you call yourself,cant you reason at once and leave sentiment apart,the ongoing subsidy probe are no where to be found,what is jonathan doing to curb his adminstration that is infested with virus?

Ask yourself why Rilwan Lukman was not invited before the reps. Dwell on it for a couple of days and come back to me, bro.
By then you would have realised how cheaply your mind was bought.

Please check what I've said with all seriousness. This is "wise up" season.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by owobokiri(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2012
Buhari is just a hardcore tribalist.. Pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

You guys will always sound desperate, hate-filled, red-eyed and id!otic.
What else can be expected of dogs and baboons? Like leader like follower.
then its settled! like ebere like you!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by mpumalanga: 1:07pm On May 18, 2012
Those that promoted and benefited from bigotry are now talking about bigotry.
Some are afraid because the same federal mighty they used before to
conduct fake election will be used against them.They should not worry because
the president will not behave like them as he is from niger delta.

You can call the president anything you like but he is there to make sure
that never again will few group loot,molest and abuse some group.buhari is a product of
corruption and the same indiscipline he is pretending to be fighting.Can he become
a general in a normal society?

3 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by mikron(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Any ethnic group or section that feels too big to be governed by a man from a minority ethnic group can leave.
It is now in every groups interest to arm up, nobody will take bullshiit from anybody in the name of population or "born to rule."
Simple as 2 + 2.
you re on point
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nightshift(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2012
The signs are not good for Nigeria: insecurity all over the country, a nearly bankrupt state finance, deeply short-changed and frustrated populace, and profound division amongst the ruling mafia elites - combined recipe for perilous months ahead!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 1:10pm On May 18, 2012
Beaf:

Ask yourself why Rilwan Lukman was not invited before the reps. Dwell on it for a couple of days and come back to me, bro.
By then you would have realised how cheaply your mind was bought.

Please check what I've said with all seriousness. This is "wise up" season.

[size=18pt]MUMU HOPE YOU ARE ON A 'PAY AS YOU WRITE OR TWEET' CONTRACT. NIGERIA IS BROKE, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU.[/size]
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 18, 2012
Buhari has always been a repugnant beast; an obnoxious creature that is thoroughly deserving of scorn, odium, contempt, and rejection. He certainly has no place among normal humans. Never before has there been any Nigerian public figure that is so enamoured of human blood, of wilful violence, of radical hate and destruction, and of sorrow and tears of defenceless innocents - all because of a deeply selfish ambition that would never be achieved!

I am not surprised that the so-called northern governors are defending the animalistic (no pun intended) comments attributed to him. This is Nigeria afterall! A sorry country where tribalism and primitive ethnic loyalties becloud common sense. A country where all of one's degrees, exposure, intelligence, and objectivity suddenly becomes meaningless when issues relating to ethnicity come up. Besides, I imagine these foolish governors are afraid of incurring the wrath of their mostly illiterate, fanatic-leaning, Boko-Haramical masses who are always ready to do the bidding of their Animal-in-Chief - i.e. Buhari.

Buhari has been an embarrassment to this country for too long. If not that we Nigerians are cursed with selective amnesia, we would remember that it was this same wild beast called Buhari that refused to condemn, and in fact JUSTIFIED, the killing of innocent youth corpers and Southerners in the aftermath of the 2011 elections that he lost woefully, fair and square. Why was he not prosecuted for openly and deliberately inciting violence against innocent citizens? This country is a joke, really. In more civilised countries, this wild animal would have been taken out of circulation long ago.

I don't blame the northern governors justifying Buhari's blood-thirst; they are merely showing solidarity with their fellow animal. In any case I have little sympathy for the unfortunate humans that allow themselves to be governed by animals.

5 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by philip0906(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

[size=18pt]MUMU HOPE YOU ARE ON A 'PAY AS YOU WRITE OR TWEET' CONTRACT. NIGERIA IS BROKE, DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU.[/size]
grin grin grin grin
he'll prolly get his cut 4rm d 7billion 2 be borrowed by Madam NOI
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by SamIkenna: 1:17pm On May 18, 2012
Buhari is not the first person to lose election in Nigeria. MKO won an election, was denied his mandate, and was finally killed in cold blood, yet we didnt see Boko Haram. GEJ is only one year into his mandate yet we cant even let the man lead? Why cant people be honest with themselves for a second. Frankly, if it were in my powers to give mandates to aspiring leaders GEJ will not make the list, so also is Buhari, IBB, Atiku, OBJ and other hosts of callous usurpers we've had since independence. However, we already have GEJ and he should be given the space to show his quality or lack there of without all these "dogs and baboons soaking in blood."

Politicians know their power bases. They know, on average, the religious inclination and educational background of their bases and to that end, they know what kind of language riles and incites their bases. Its uncivil and criminal to tap into that for personal gain that can result in the loss of life of another man.

Buhari is not going to be the last man to lose election in Nigeria and decency requires that he gives peace a chance. Enough of the threats and rhetorics. And on a different note, why is it that no nigerian politician has lost a child in election riots? Why must it be poor people that keep losing every thing? I mean its not like I dont know that poor folks are always going to lose, but in Nigeria the poor man's loss is a double whammy loss. He loses in resources just as he pays with his life, yet hes quick to trust another politician over the other because of what? Religion, tribe? Screw that. My thing is, GEJ won so let him finish his term and go home to his wife and children. Nobody should pay with his life for all the jiggery pokery that takes place in our polity.

We lost young corpers during the last election, aren't we tired already?

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by laCapri: 1:22pm On May 18, 2012
mpumalanga: Those that promoted and benefited from bigotry are now talking about bigotry.
Some are afraid because the same federal mighty they used before to
conduct fake election will be used against them.They should not worry because
the president will not behave like them as he is from niger delta.

You can call the president anything you like but he is there to make sure
that never again will few group loot,molest and abuse some group.buhari is a product of
corruption and the same indiscipline he is pretending to be fighting.Can he become
a general in a normal society?

Excellent post my friend.
Nigerians are so dumb.
Our children died serving their fatherland becos of d careless statements made by buhari, here he is threatening more blood shed.
May the blood of those supporting buhari & their children be used to cleanse Nigeria. Amen
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by humblebee: 1:22pm On May 18, 2012
these idi0ts fail to curtail the incessant security issue in their domain and they still make silly comments. i wonder what is keeping this country as one.
these proud baztards should be sent to their desert. blood svckers
Buhari just lost another precious vote here
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by hotshotpeter(m): 1:24pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

[size=20pt]FROM YOUR MUMU HEAD, ANYONE WHO GIVES AN OBJECTIVE VIEW IS FROM THE NORTH. NOW I SEE JONA IS NOT JUST STUPID, HE IS SURROUNDED BY FOOLS![/size]
But you're from the North sha
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by AustineE1: 1:24pm On May 18, 2012
There is a trend at play in Nigeria,this is operatn bring down GEJ& i think there is a secret pact between the North&the western elites to keep the minority south-south in perpetual servitude,if not,what then can explain the level of treachery being perpetrated against this present govt by this two regions!whenever the north or western elites speaks on national issues,you will sense grave deceptn,dissatisfactn and pronounced bitterness all over there actions & inactions!This wickedness must stop,when obasanjo was there,he recieved the support of the south-south,when Yaradua came,same was offered him!GEJ's only crime is being a minority southern christain & how comes the north&the west suddenly woke up to the reality of a demonic PDP in GEJ's tenure &nt during OBJ or YARADUA!why?why?why?Fashola sacked hundreds of doctors who went on strike and everyone took it kindly but if GEJ ever try such,hell will be let open&all calling for his head!This wickedness must stop!...am nt from south south but this systematic perfidy against GEJ shld stop!
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by karpentar: 1:24pm On May 18, 2012
I can’t see what’s happening in Nigeria today that didn’t occur during the last Obasanjo’s government. Oil subsidy scams transpired! Bakare or others never protested or tried to occupy to save Nigeria then. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Odi citizens were massacred for nothing by the state in broad day light, a whole village annihilated! I didn’t hear Bakara or others complain. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Elections were massively rigged; some people even got elected why they were in prison. I didn’t hear Bakare or others criticize! Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Enormous unaccountable monies were whacked manoeuvring an illegal third term! I didn’t hear Bakare or others occupying to save Nigeria. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man.

Jonathan’s only sin is that he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Period! As Beaf said, it’s as clear as 2+2. Shame to all of you who place so many impediments on the path of development and expect Goodluck to perform miracles and transform Nigeria overnight. Meanwhile you fools conveniently forgot that the Nigeria which you expect Goodluck to transform was ruined and destroyed by all the previous thieving Huasa/Fulani and Yoruba rulers. Fools!

4 Likes

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 1:27pm On May 18, 2012
hotshot_peter:
But you're from the North sha

What if I'm from the north is that an issue?
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 18, 2012
it is a pity that most of us in the south are blind and disoriented by the antics of the northerners and their champion, buhari.

the sooner you all open ur eyes to the true picture, the better for you. i pity all of you because these northern dogs will stop at nothing to discredit the administration of GEJ, cos he is from the minority.

continue to support the blood thirsty son of a bitchhh called buhari plus his boko boys and you will all regret it.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2012
I pity those supporting Buhari on this. You cannot make statements like in NIGERIA most especially with Boko haram and Mend on the loose.

Beaf you are doing it right here
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 1:35pm On May 18, 2012
maclatunji: Any reasonable person would know that Buhari is standing on Principle. GEJ and PDP have 'egg-on-their-faces' on this one. They raised the stakes and are coming-out as the losers. People are having a lower tolerance limit for misgovernance and maladministration in Nigeria. The quicker GEJ realises this, the better for him.

Sir sir sir

What principle is there in saying " Dogs and Baboons" would be socked in blood ?

Is it a treat to the president or what ? angry

I am a strong Buhari supporter but their is a limit to your statements
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 1:40pm On May 18, 2012
[size=13pt]I wonder why he did not say that during OBJ second term ? Because he knows OBJ would not take that from him

So because GEJ who is now our president is gentle, people are saying rubbish. We better wake up and don't allow politicans be using us as their tools.

I can't imagine if Buhari had won and GEJ made the statement Buhari did, Would GEJ not be arrested by now ?

If we criticise, lets do it constructively. Buhari is not the president, GEJ is NOW our president and so lets use our brains here.

I wonder how the president is meant to concentrate when someone is making statements like " socked blood" [/size]
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 1:41pm On May 18, 2012
karpentar: I can’t see what’s happening in Nigeria today that didn’t occur during the last Obasanjo’s government. Oil subsidy scams transpired! Bakare or others never protested or tried to occupy to save Nigeria then. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Odi citizens were massacred for nothing by the state in broad day light, a whole village annihilated! I didn’t hear Bakara or others complain. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Elections were massively rigged; some people even got elected why they were in prison. I didn’t hear Bakare or others criticize! Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man. Enormous unaccountable monies were whacked manoeuvring an illegal third term! I didn’t hear Bakare or others occupying to save Nigeria. Why? Obasanjo is a Yoruba man.

Jonathan’s only sin is that he is not a Yoruba or Hausa man. Period! As Beaf said, it’s as clear as 2+2. Shame to all of you who place so many impediments on the path of development and expect Goodluck to perform miracles and transform Nigeria overnight. Meanwhile you fools conveniently forgot that the Nigeria which you expect Goodluck to transform was ruined and destroyed by all the previous thieving Huasa/Fulani and Yoruba rulers. Fools!

Can you shut up, you tribalistic iddeiot. Whether yoruba or hausa or Igbo are we all not in the same shoes ? You iddddeiot
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by owobokiri(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2012
You dont go to equity with filthy hands. Buhari and his PTF should first explain to Nigerians the criteria he used when he was biulding more projects in the core north while the regions that produce the resources that fund these projects were left with crumbs. . Fake patriots willing to kill for sectional reasons. Buhari is just a tribal chauvinist frustrated with what a long stay out of power will do to the fortunes of the fulani in a messed up Nigeria. This man is not having sleepless nights over the state of roads say at Ikot- ekpene
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by Spiritmask: 1:47pm On May 18, 2012
K

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by aljharem(m): 1:47pm On May 18, 2012
owobokiri: You dont go to equity with filthy hands. Buhari and his PTF should first explain to Nigerians the criteria he used when he was biulding more projects in the core north while the regions that produce the resources that fund these projects were left with crumbs. . Fake patriots willing to kill for sectional reasons. Buhari is just a tribal chauvinist frustrated with what a long stay out of power will do to the fortunes of the fulani in a messed up Nigeria. This man is not having sleepless nights over the state of roads say at Ikot- ekpene

No sir, Buhari is not a tribalist, Just becasue of a statment you label him a tribalsit ?. Fulanis did not mess up Nigeria, Likes of Andy Uba, Asari, Boko haram, OBJ IBB abacha etc all destroyed Nigeria

It would be silly of you to label buhari's action as a fulani action.

Buhari is buhari and no one else
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by away4real(m): 1:51pm On May 18, 2012
I supported Buhari previously based on the fact that he is principled and that what the country needs is just a man that doesnt want to own the whole world.

BUT the activities of the Boko Haram and now the words being uttered by Buhari and the govs all leads to one thing at the end of the day the northerners cant stand a minortiy rulling. Truthe be told all this is happening because it is not a northerner or a northern stooge rulling.

Enough of the GEJ bashing yes the man is not it, corrupt and has his short coming but mention the nigerian leader that was any better..and which blood was shed.. so why is it that now we are having all the unrest and threats. If it was in the past these mercenaries in the name of Boko Haram would have brought the madness down south but let them try it now...i guess the leaders sending/using them know better that..every body/region is armed now.. the balance has shifted...

The north should take a chill pill, they are not any better this notion that they are born to rule must end..leave GEJ to serve his term and stop the nonsense threats..

They are loosing the sympathy of the few of us from the South South that do not support GEJ but also the north cant hold us to ransom anymore...enough GEJ should be allowed to serve his term ..he is as nigerian as any of us..

I am in no way saying we should tolerate coruption but amongst all those talking sho is any better..let them shut it..GEJ should not be picked on because he is from the South South..it is unfair
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by ballabriggs: 1:51pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

Sir sir sir

What principle is there in saying " Dogs and Baboons" would be socked in blood ?

Is it a treat to the president or what ? angry

I am a strong Buhari supporter but their is a limit to your statements

The man never said anything like that even though I wish he did. He spoke in Hausa but the hungry Nigerian press misinterpreted what he said. What the hell are we saying here if there is no formal dispute resolution channel in this mad country. The courts have been crippled by these criminals. Is that not an invitation to chaos? Don't touch my votes because I am ready to fight this time around. It is as simple as that! He who has ear let him listen now. You loot the treasury, steal votes and then impoverish people and you say I should not fight these monsters?

1 Like

Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by SamIkenna: 1:52pm On May 18, 2012
alj harem:

No sir, Buhari is not a tribalist, Just becasue of a statment you label him a tribalsit ?. Fulanis did not mess up Nigeria, Likes of Andy Uba, Asari, Boko haram, OBJ IBB abacha etc all destroyed Nigeria

It would be silly of you to label buhari's action as a fulani action.

Buhari is buhari and no one else

Andy Uba and Asari Dokubo of yesterday?
100000 Nigerians, perhaps, know Andy Uba.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by solomon111(m): 2:00pm On May 18, 2012
maclatunji: Any reasonable person would know that Buhari is standing on Principle. GEJ and PDP have 'egg-on-their-faces' on this one. They raised the stakes and are coming-out as the losers. People are having a lower tolerance limit for misgovernance and maladministration in Nigeria. The quicker GEJ realises this, the better for him.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by NAJALYN: 2:06pm On May 18, 2012
A very unfortunate development. So unless Buhari wins the 2015 elections there will be no bloodshed. Man proposes, God disposes.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by solomon111(m): 2:06pm On May 18, 2012
To call you a fool is an understatement!.
You are too daft to see that the Northerners are already scheming on the 2015 elections,the same people responsible for the insecurities in this govt.
Yoruba people,na wa for una.
Buncha backstabbers.
The earlier the rest of the south realizes this and take heed,the better for us.
Re: 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments by solomon111(m): 2:10pm On May 18, 2012
ballabriggs:

The man never said anything like that even though I wish he did. He spoke in Hausa but the hungry Nigerian press misinterpreted what he said. What the hell are we saying here if there is no formal dispute resolution channel in this mad country. The courts have been crippled by these criminals. Is that not an invitation to chaos? Don't touch my votes because I am ready to fight this time around. It is as simple as that! He who has ear let him listen now. You loot the treasury, steal votes and then impoverish people and you say I should not fight these monsters?
Please,i hope you wont mind me asking.
What level of education did you attain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chuka Umunna Declares Intention To Run For Labour Leadership In UK / Tinubu To PDP Senators: Majority Is In Your Dreams, You Can Never Be / Battle for Kemi Adeosun’s replacement begins in Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.