Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! (3226 Views)

Superman Soldier Spotted In North East Battle Ground / Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon / 5 Reasons Why America Is Worse Than Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On May 18, 2012
I vote the thread creation rights of @OP's such as this one be revoked with immediate alacrity.
Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by PhysicsQED(m): 10:50pm On May 18, 2012
Sam, one can never really be too mean to Somalia. Besides, they're so arrogant that comments like mine probably wouldn't even faze them.

Also, deep down they know it's the truth.
Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by PhysicsQED(m): 10:52pm On May 18, 2012
ekt_bear: Lol. Post a link to some of this early Jay-Z.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/grotesk/entry/jay-z_as_a_fu-schnickens

There are other songs besides these two where he sounds like that.

Jay Z only got good around 1995. A year after having his mind blown. By 1996 he put out a classic album.

Now that's adaptability - going from rapping terribly to the top ranks in only 2 years.
Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by ektbear: 11:01pm On May 18, 2012
Heh that is pretty interesting. Honestly, I thought the style he had whenever his first album came out was pretty much the way he always was.
Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by ektbear: 11:02pm On May 18, 2012
I don't think those two songs suck though. Just a different style. 80s rap sounds quite different from 90s rap, which sounds different from 2000s rap.

That 1990 song you post sounds 80sish. But it isn't necessarily terrible.
Re: To Become A Millionaire In North America Is Hard! by PhysicsQED(m): 11:21pm On May 18, 2012
Well compared to his later stuff, that early style sounds terrible in my opinion. If you actually like it there's a list of his old stuff here:

http://www.thewordisbond.com/28444/freeness-vintage-jay-z-1989-1994

If you compare that old stuff to 'Broken English' (1994) 'Understand Me' (1994) or 'Dead Presidents' (1995) I think there's a huge improvement in style in Dead Presidents.

Also I think there were many people rapping better and with a non-corny style in both the 80s and 90s, but I don't want to make this a rap thread so I won't go into that in detail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015 / [poll] Rate Our Dear President's Performance Through His Tenure / President George W Bush Arrested For Cocaine Possession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.