Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT (12471 Views)

Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Fear Of GMB!! Dieziani Maduekwe Absconds For Fear Of Being Probed / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by bakila: 3:26pm On May 18, 2012
wesley80:

How do u think an al majiri will interpret such a saying?

was kari jini biri jini written in such a way that an almajiri will not know. Must an Igbo man go to school or read Chinua Achebe to know what he who brings Kolanut brings life signify?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by honeric01(m): 3:38pm On May 18, 2012
bakila:

was kari jini biri jini written in such a way that an almajiri will not know. Must an Igbo man go to school or read Chinua Achebe to know what he who brings Kolanut brings life signify?

I tire o

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 3:47pm On May 18, 2012
OBJ once made similar speech in jos when he siad "2007 election is DO or DIE!"

Reuben Abati was on the otherside of the fence then. SMH!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Bontee: 3:47pm On May 18, 2012
Even with those interpretation it still implies that the aim is to spill blood and be violent just like the aftermath of the 2011 election. Should there be any form of rigging, the law has made provision that the aggrieved party should go to the tribunal to prove its case and not matching pdp with whatever.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 3:55pm On May 18, 2012
Thesame law that freed James Ibori? Thesame law that freed Bode Goerge, Demeji Bankole and other high broad thieves? shocked

Bontee: Even with those interpretation it still implies that the aim is to spill blood and be violent just like the aftermath of the 2011 election. [b]Should there be any form of rigging, the law has made provision that the aggrieved party [/b]should go to the tribunal to prove its case and not matching pdp with whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Reptyle(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2012
I'm glad that reasonable Nigerians are beginning to re-examine the obvious and deliberate misrepresentation of Buhari's figurative statement. As for those who choose to remain blinded by ethnic and primordial sentiments, goodluck to you (pun intended) In 2015, we shall once more try to take our country back from this brood of vipers.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Reptyle(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Thesame law that freed James Ibori? Thesame law that freed Bode Goerge, Demeji Bankole and other high broad thieves? shocked

Abeg help me ask am o!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Bontee: 4:03pm On May 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

So there is no positive side or aspect of the law?, if there is any rigging simply take your case to the court and a lot of governorship cases have been overturned in this country, so there was no purpose for him making this statement if there are no elements of what occurred in 2011 repeating itself again.

So you want people to murder NYSC members again in 2015?, please candidates who loose elections in the west do not go about it the way buhari is doing it so lets call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by bcomputer101: 4:31pm On May 18, 2012
EPOMA:
I don really post on Nairaland anymore but when you make comments like this, I just have to reply you, How does Buhari like voilence, He had the chance to have a bloody coup in 1983 but it ended not being bloody, all i pray everyday is that Nigeria should continue to suffer since they are so stupid of late.
Even OBJ in his books sang praises of Buhari just some years ago. For me let Nigeria continues the way it is since fools can't see.
ONLY A FOOL COMMENT LIKE YOU.......
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by kenmusa: 4:34pm On May 18, 2012
EPOMA:
I don really post on Nairaland anymore but when you make comments like this, I just have to reply you, How does Buhari like voilence, He had the chance to have a bloody coup in 1983 but it ended not being bloody, all i pray everyday is that Nigeria should continue to suffer since they are so stupid of late.
Even OBJ in his books sang praises of Buhari just some years ago. For me let Nigeria continues the way it is since fools can't see.
I agree with you, Buhari is nice, I will like to see him rule again. But the constest now is between North and South. And fairly, it is the turn of the south to rule
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by kk4kiss(m): 5:34pm On May 18, 2012
RIP Nigeria. God pls all we want is a new nigeria so we can give d old one a befitin burial, old politician has sold their soul to satan and their birth right to devil
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by ckkris: 6:48pm On May 18, 2012
Youth Corps members were BRUTALLY MASSACRED the last time Buhari made such coded speech. Now, this COMMAND to his followers may also lead to another MASSACRE of more innocent citizens. Besides, party agents of CPC confiscated ballot papers in many parts of Hausa states, and manhandled CORPERS that were reluctant to co-operate. And as he knows that PDP will DEFINITELY outrig him, he has given ANOTHER CODED COMMAND to unleash mayhem, kill as many as possible, and see whether by intimidation, he can make Nigeria uninternable for Jona. So far its not working.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by texazzpete(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2012
werepeLeri: Buhari likes violence - he is blood thirsty - he survives on blood spilled by his supporters and by BH - cant he make a comment without recourse to using the word blood and bloodletting? Tell me.

I could say the same thing about you and Beaf...it's on record on Nairaland how you folks capered with glee everytime your MEND brethren ambushed and killed innocent soldiers and civilians in the Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by nijanigga: 7:18pm On May 18, 2012
Coup where are you? We need you in this country. After which, we will go back to regional system.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 7:33pm On May 18, 2012
I can't hold brief for any murderer. If you really believe that buhari is directly involved with the killing of those youth corpers than why is he still walking free? Don't you think thats an indictment of the law?

Just too bad that we don't have value for human life, else the killers of those youth corpers should have been brought to book.

Bontee:

So there is no positive side or aspect of the law?, if there is any rigging simply take your case to the court and a lot of governorship cases have been overturned in this country, so there was no purpose for him making this statement if there are no elements of what occurred in 2011 repeating itself again.

So you want people to murder NYSC members again in 2015?, please candidates who loose elections in the west do not go about it the way buhari is doing it so lets call a spade a spade.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 18, 2012
No matter what interpretation anybody tries to invent on this issue.

Somebody must explain in clear terms what dogs and babbons being soaked in blood has got to do with National politics and 2015 elections?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by jmaine: 7:47pm On May 18, 2012
mikeansy: No matter what interpretation anybody tries to invent on this issue.

Somebody must explain in clear terms what dogs and babbons being soaked in blood has got to do with National politics and 2015 elections?

Funny enough . .when those dregs up north . . act on this "Presumed coded message (not even understood by the illiterate hordes)" to unleash immeasurable violence on countless of innocent citizens . . . The advocates trying so hard to water down this dangerous illustrative quote may never be anywhere close to where this murders are done . . .
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 18, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Have you ever witnessed the fight between a monkey and a dog? In hausa language there are lot of idiomatic expressions that simulate the real life scenario, which is even difficult for the core northerner to understand(thanks to my many years in the north). He is just telling the PDP riggers that he won't let it go away easily, should there be any form of rigging in 2015.

The full expression goes like this: "a'i kachakacha za mu yi da juna, kare jini, biri jini", but the expression cant stand on its own without a causation which in this case is the anticipated rigging . Take away the anticipated rigging factor, then there won't be any need for "kare jini, biri jini". Capito?

Anyone trying to render "kare jini, biri jini" as "Baboon and dog, blood bath" or whatever should state his ulterior motive which must be obvious.. By the way, Biri = monkey and NOT baboon. Thank me later cool.

KEY:
Monkey = Biri

Baboon = Goggo

Kare = Dog

Jini = Blood

The problem here is who is it down to? to define when an election is free and fair or when it has been rigged other than INEC/Court of Law? For Buhari every lost election must have been rigged. This is the problem. Buhari failed at the last polls, INEC led by Prof Attahiru Jegga announced the results. Buhari went to court and failed. The responsible thing to do is to give the process the benefit of the doubt if you can not provide undeniable proof that the election was rigged.
Since the last election there is no evidence of CPC doing anything to build structures around the country, there is no evidence of them challenging Government policy on education, healthcare, internal affairs, economy, foreign policy etc. There is no evidence of them working with local communities around the country to say to people that a different future is possible.
Yet after going to sleep after the 2011 election they want to re-appear in 2015 and win elections against PDP, a party which has a National presence? Politics dont work like that folks. The opposition will never snatch power from PDP on the cheap . . .PDP does have loyalists, whether these loyalties are merited or holy is a debate for another but they do definitely have followers around the country.

Look Election riggers are people, they exploit the void created by voter disillussion to help their prefered candidate win. However if there was a legitimate alternative which excites the public, the margin available for riggers will get narrower. Some of the otherwise riggers may even be inspired by the opposition to lead a legitimate get-out-the-vote drive to beat the incumbent. Most members of the public will be excited to vote and people will stay back to protect their votes. Then in this scenario PDP will be swept away from Aso Rock. The story of Rochas of Imo or Shekarau of Kano tells me that an incumbent PDP leadership can be defeated on the electoral field. The story of Oshiomole says PDP can loose in court. Why can't Buhari win an election or win a court case? the reason is simply . . .he is unelectable and can not produce undeniable proof that he won the elections. It is also the onus of the accuser to provide proof that the elections were ilegitimate.

I think instead of these never ending ridiculous claims of rigging by the opposition, they should roll up their sleeves and work for victory if they truly want power and genuinely have anything different to offer Nigerian people. It is in the interest of Nigerian politics that change does happen someday but that change will come through politics and not terrorism! Buhari and his friends must accept their failures and stop threatning the country with violence.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by dustydee: 8:58pm On May 18, 2012
mikeansy:

The problem here is who is it down to? to define when an election is free and fair or when it has been rigged other than INEC/Court of Law? For Buhari every lost election must have been rigged. This is the problem. Buhari failed at the last polls, INEC led by Prof Attahiru Jegga announced the results. Buhari went to court and failed. The responsible thing to do is to give the process the benefit of the doubt if you can not provide undeniable proof that the election was rigged.
Since the last election there is no evidence of CPC doing anything to build structures around the country, there is no evidence of them challenging Government policy on education, healthcare, internal affairs, economy, foreign policy etc. There is no evidence of them working with local communities around the country to say to people that a different future is possible.
Yet after going to sleep after the 2011 election they want to re-appear in 2015 and win elections against PDP, a party which has a National presence? Politics dont work like that folks. The opposition will never snatch power from PDP on the cheap . . .PDP does have loyalists, whether these loyalties are merited or holy is a debate for another but they do definitely have followers around the country.

Look Election riggers are people, they exploit the void created by voter disillussion to help their prefered candidate win. However if there was a legitimate alternative which excites the public, the margin available for riggers will get narrower. Some of the otherwise riggers may even be inspired by the opposition to lead a legitimate get-out-the-vote drive to beat the incumbent. Most members of the public will be excited to vote and people will stay back to protect their votes. Then in this scenario PDP will be swept away from Aso Rock. The story of Rochas of Imo or Shekarau of Kano tells me that an incumbent PDP leadership can be defeated on the electoral field. The story of Oshiomole says PDP can loose in court. Why can't Buhari win an election or win a court case? the reason is simply . . .he is unelectable and can not produce undeniable proof that he won the elections. It is also the onus of the accuser to provide proof that the elections were ilegitimate.

I think instead of these never ending ridiculous claims of rigging by the opposition, they should roll up their sleeves and work for victory if they truly want power and genuinely have anything different to offer Nigerian people. It is in the interest of Nigerian politics that change does happen someday but that change will come through politics and not terrorism! Buhari and his friends must accept their failures and stop threatning the country with violence.
The same court that told him in 2007 that the elections were rigged but the country could not afford another election, right?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by tigerleggs(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2012
luv2talk:
Oh...Really, Dont tell me that you are part of 22Million fools that voted Jonathan not PDP....If i may ask, Do u have better option...Let me know pls
You really love to talk that's why your marasmic minded brain stands you out even in this cyber space. You must be product of leaking cond.om that's why you are full of hate and violence. Boko Haramer.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by texazzpete(m): 10:26pm On May 18, 2012
mikeansy:
I think instead of these never ending ridiculous claims of rigging by the opposition, they should roll up their sleeves and work for victory if they truly want power and genuinely have anything different to offer Nigerian people. It is in the interest of Nigerian politics that change does happen someday but that change will come through politics and not terrorism!

'Ridiculous claims?'

83% of registered voters in Imo state were recorded as having come out to cast their votes for PDP/GEJ. Do you need anyone to sit you down and tell you that massive rigging took place?

Look, no matter your differences with Buhari, pretending that there was no rigging severely damages your reputation.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by bakila: 10:27pm On May 18, 2012
Bontee: Even with those interpretation it still implies that the aim is to spill blood and be violent just like the aftermath of the 2011 election. Should there be any form of rigging, the law has made provision that the aggrieved party should go to the tribunal to prove its case and not matching pdp with whatever.

Ask Ojukwu's Father inlaw. He had to buy the whole matchet in a market to drive home his point that he is not going to tolerate rigging. Abeg read history.
Whatever meaning one attributes to Buhari's words, we are where we are now due to significantly because those in power do not respect the people because they most often get into office from a flawed process.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by bakila: 10:29pm On May 18, 2012
texazzpete:

'Ridiculous claims?'

83% of registered voters in Imo state were recorded as having come out to cast their votes for PDP/GEJ. Do you need anyone to sit you down and tell you that massive rigging took place?

Look, no matter your differences with Buhari, pretending that there was no rigging severely damages your reputation.

to some people rigging is nothing and it is not violent. It is gud to continuosly function under a goverment a product of rigging.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by bodejohn(m): 10:38pm On May 18, 2012
Nigerian politicians have always opened their mouth at will but it is only the words of opposition leaders that get re echoed. It is still fresh in our memories when obj said an election was going to be a do or die for his party even as a sitting president. The do or die elections that he promised threw up the likes of GEJ to corridors of power. Only recently the same party said they are going to capture the states they lost in the last general elections. The crust of the matter at hand is why is that the first thing that comes to mind about an election in Nigeria is how to rig? We really need a reorientation to move forward. Can't we organise a free and fair elections that even the losing party will heartily congratulate the one who won? When will we stop having 98% voter turnout after the media has reporter voter apathy? So many questions begging for answers. The future of our nation depends on it.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 10:57pm On May 18, 2012
dustydee:
The same court that told him in 2007 that the elections were rigged but the country could not afford another election, right?

That one baffle me no be small . . . grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 11:40pm On May 18, 2012
Wow wow wow! Are you trying to turn around and ask me things I don't know, after educating your ignorance? All I expect from the blind after being led out of the pits of darkness is a big thank you.

Tell me the difference between this statement and that of OBJ "2007 election is DO or DIE.". . .I'm putting your integrity to test.

mikeansy:

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Bontee: 3:00am On May 19, 2012
bakila:

Ask Ojukwu's Father inlaw. He had to buy the whole matchet in a market to drive home his point that he is not going to tolerate rigging. Abeg read history.
Whatever meaning one attributes to Buhari's words, we are where we are now due to significantly because those in power do not respect the people because they most often get into office from a flawed process.

Please in our present dispensation now, can you tell me any major party that does not rig electionS? PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA, LP ETC.

P:S I want 100 percent free rigging status and if you attribute even a percentage form of rigging to any party then they are all the same. Its a winners take it all society and until we can conduct a free and fair election, then let the best rigger take the day.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 9javoice1(m): 5:15am On May 19, 2012
Those who defend Buhari's misguided speech couldn't distort the fact that he said "baboon and dog will be soaked in blood"
What they try to do is to tell us he didn't mean spilling of blood,

Maybe they don't know southern nigeria very well, Almost southern tribes speaks a lot through idioms/proverbs,
If there is any people in nigeria that understands proverbs, it is southern regions.
In my part of tribe we can speak for hours with proverbs alone, we even do competition on it.

Tell Buhari and his defendants that we are not kids.
He said "Lynch them in 2011" we all now know the meaning,
His debuty said "wild wild north" even the blind now know the meaning,

Tell them we understand the idioms of 1945 massacre, 1966 pogrom and after the war humiliations of the minorities and Ibos.
Tell them the southerners are not fools.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 9javoice1(m): 5:38am On May 19, 2012
Fellow Nigerians action speaks louder than voice,

think of it, why didnt Buhari campain in SS,SE ? Bc he blv in the dominering strenght of His people,

How do we even think he will be fair to other region as a president when his region is the Lord of all,

Our brother's from the South who see this man as good man pls wake up b4 it is too late.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 9javoice1(m): 5:41am On May 19, 2012
Tell me one country in the world a coupist later become a legitimate democritic prsident?

Why are we judging matters up side down,

If Peter Obi Can win back his mandate in court and ondo state governor win his in court,
Why haven't this Buhari of a man? This man is not as inteligent as we think adding it up his arrogancy.
Infact he will be the worst president we will ever have.

Cant we rewind back and see the incompetent of this man, that make his vice the presido we know, even their
reign are been credited to Idiagbo till today, If he is incompetent at his 50s why do we think he will be competent in 70s.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 100gigabytes: 5:48am On May 19, 2012
Buhari like blood bla bla bla, is that the most important issue in naija, they are just diverting all our minds so they can continue stealing , the problems of our countries can reduce if politicians can stop stealing money, no lite, no water, no work ,no money, no food , so so vex vex , anger , fight, bombing, killing .Buhari is the only one man enough to speak his mind in public, some times i wish Boko haram had attacked our national assembly rather than killing innocent people in churches. If i say that in public wouldn't they hang me? Buhari has spoken the truth and i rather follow him that i trust would not be corrupt than these bastards that promise nothing. imagine Nigerian Bastard politicians are the highest paid in the world and they can't even pay youth coppers $10 a day. its a shame. please Buhari is not the issue these bastards are the issues. Allision madueke bought a house of $50m Euros in Australia, money from salary? see what that beast of Ibori stole and the government is not saying anything instead they are complaining of Buhari's speech; PDP , PLEASE DIE PLEASE
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 100gigabytes: 5:51am On May 19, 2012
the Jonathan that campaigned with stolen money all over the world what has he done for you or Nigeria. I am a christian and i will follow Buhari to the grave rather than Jonathan and his band of deadly thieves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proposed N5 Petrol Levy A Huge Joke – NUPENG / Ganduje Denies Donating N10m To EFCC, ICPC / Buhari's Presidential Jet Lands In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.