Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT (12470 Views)

Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Fear Of GMB!! Dieziani Maduekwe Absconds For Fear Of Being Probed / 19 Northern Governors Defend Buhari's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by 100gigabytes: 5:54am On May 19, 2012
"BABOON and DOG will be soaked in Blood" if the government functions well , this statement will be meaningless because dogs and baboons will be soaked in honey and bananas instead , let no one deceive you with Buhari, done vote for these PDP bastards enough is enough,
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 6:00am On May 19, 2012
stop displaying your pure ignorance. Do you even know that buhari's running mates for his last 2 previous aspirations (2003 and 2007) were ibos?(Chuba Okadigbo and Ume- Ezeoke) .Before chosing Pator Tunde Bakare, a yoruba man, he tried consolidating using ibos twice, without winning any state. Pick your history book and stop making yourself a laughing stock

Now, tell me, what was the out comes of those elections? Personally, I'm not going to vote for buhari cos I feel younger generations should be giving the chance and all that.

Lemme ask you; did OBJ a sitting president made more terrifying statement or not? that[b] "2007 is DO or DIE" [/b]to them?

9ja voice: Fellow Nigerians action speaks louder than voice,

think of it, why didnt Buhari campain in SS,SE ? Bc he blv in the dominering strenght of His people,

How do we even think he will be fair to other region as a president when his region is the Lord of all,

Our brother's from the South who see this man as good man pls wake up b4 it is too late.

Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by wesley80(m): 6:38am On May 19, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Lemme ask you; did OBJ a sitting president made more terrifying statement or not? that[b] "2007 is DO or DIE" [/b]to them?

Lemme also ask you; What was the reaction to OBJ's Do or die speech?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 7:26am On May 19, 2012
@100gigabyes,

you comments are extremely valid. Cuss Buhari as much as you like, he is man enough to speak his mind. This is how the average nigerian has spent so much time dwelling on issues that are pale in conparison to the massive problems of corruption, thievery, lack of accounatbility etc. I wonder why all those shouting here are not holding thier governors who steal from them to account. it is the the few people who have the balls to says things the way they are we attack.

shouldnt we be questioning the way GEJ spends our money? Should we not question why after all the money and promise, still no light, should we not be asking serious questions about our failed education sector, or non existent Health sector, what about the massive level of unemployment, probably above 50%. Now are these not issues we should all be tackling the government on no we are more interested in the lazy option. If we dont critisize Buhari, then it is Pat Utomi, or Wole Soyinka. what is it with Us that we are so in love with Suffering, so blind to doing the right thing
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by ckkris: 7:58am On May 19, 2012
The DO OR DIE of obj was ignored. Yorubas don't take orders from anyone. But at the snap of finger by Buhari, the anti-education boko (book) haram will slaughter Youth Corps members, the symbol of western education. For those who don't know, The Senate of 1979-83, probed the 2.8 billion dollars missing NNPC money, and traced it to Buhari's personal account at MIDLAND BANK LONDON. Then Buhari quickly overthrew Shagari, and imposed a gag decree 4, which practically carried death penalty. 2.8 BILLION dollars, not million. Many sincere commentators don't know this Buhari. But PDP people know him too well, and will defeat him, anywhere, anytime.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 8:04am On May 19, 2012
Another lazy Nigerian leaving the main issue to chase after shadow. I tell you, Nigerias have Phd in Shadow chasing, how does the allerged issue of 1983 have any bearing on present day Nigeria?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Rhino5dm: 8:10am On May 19, 2012
OBJ's do or die politicts is the bane of all crisis we are witnessing today.

1. He forced a semi-dead character on us, which is almost like taking us back to mid-70's. Do you know that yar adua was preparing to contest for senate before OBJ forced him into accepting the presidency? Everybody knows that he was very weak when OBJ hand-picked him, his health was very very fragile and poor.

2. Ushered in the era of " Do or Die" politics, a system where winning elections became a matter of life and death. We lost the likes of Funsho willians, Harry Sokari Marshal, Dr. Chuba Okadigbo, Bola Ige, Abubakar Rimi and many other fine politicians due to OBJ's styled of do or die. Dr Chuba Okadigbo was in bold to emphasis a state sponsored assasination, his death was an order from aso rock. (Disregard the chronology of events, afteral they all by-product of OBJ's KGB styled leadership)

3. The insecurity we are witnessing today is a by-product of yar adua's wrong decision on how to tackle boko haram. When you kill a snake, make sure you cut off the head.

4. A serious crisis erupted in katsina state when INEC claimed Yar adua won in buhari's strong hold, OBJ fabricated results and insult our collective intelligence, by claiming yar adua won in Daura. Many people died as aftermath of the rigging in katsina state.(please google)

5. Henry Okar is in south africa standing trials on terrorism, which may or not be un-connected to the rule by all-means OBJ introduced.

wesley80:

Lemme also ask you; What was the reaction to OBJ's Do or die speech?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 8:14am On May 19, 2012
Funny enough, how come the jokers on here arent taking issue with uduaghan, who promised several local government areas they would suffer for not voting for him, and the bastard has kept his word. The Mudaphucker made the proclaimation in public, and yes he is in power and acting out his threat
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by ckkris: 8:26am On May 19, 2012
Monkeyleg
Monkey will be soaked in blood with dog in 2015, so orders the billion dollar thief of 1979 that most of you assume to angel in 2012. Do you want Nigerians to forget how the stealing and looting started?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Ribaman(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2012
Like most of the posters here, I am keen on free and fair elections in my country. However, doesn't it say a lot about our educational system that a good number of those trained in logic and analytic thinking, here on Nairaland, are supporting the inciting, divisive and divisive remarks of Buhari. I, for one, still hold Buhari responsible for the lives of those NYSC kids killed by his almajiris. Buhari not interested in Nigeria as a nation, he wants to prove he is the best and most faithful scion of the Northern Nigeria Military club.
For those who don't know,(otherwise known as bl**dy civilians)Buhari was not a part of the Shagari coup. He was brought in from Jos after the major players fell out when it came to appointing the Head of State. Buhari first coming was a negotiated one, and he has forgotten the lessons therein. The man is a wimp, he had intel on his table telling him to arrest IBB, but he choked.

It is his perennial tribalism and other "isms" that made it possible for IBB to throw him out so easily. To him, IBB was more of a brother than Idiagbon. All attempts by Idiagbon to keep an eye on the posting pattern of officers after the Shagari coup were rebuffed by Buhari, that is how IBB managed to plugg the important Nigerian Army Units with his boys. By the way, IBB was funded to further secure the loyalty of these officers (by one MKO Abiola).

Sorry about the digression, Buhari is bad news for those who want to see a united and prosperous Nigeria.

Over and out!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 9:13am On May 19, 2012
Riba_man: Like most of the posters here, I am keen on free and fair elections in my country. However, doesn't it say a lot about our educational system that a good number of those trained in logic and analytic thinking, here on Nairaland,
Over and out!

Yeah, you have got this one flipped on it's head and run over it with a tanker-tralier truck.

Educated people know NEVER to apply literal meanings to figures of speech. That is Language 101 NO-NO . . . If you are told "It rained Cats and Dogs", you never assume that Cats and Dogs really rained from the heavens, unless you are mentally challenged.

It is an indictment on our Education system, yes, when your so called Educated minds are caught in such daft analysis i.e applying literal translations to figures of speech and/or metaphor, no matter the language. It is beyond this world . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 9:19am On May 19, 2012
again Boys and girls missing the point. Is Buharis comments the most pressing issue in Nigeria today? Once again we chase shadows. Shouldnt you be asking the more serious question about how come in 2012 we do not have security in our country. Shouldnt we be indicting the security forces of our country for failure to secure and protect it's people rather than looking for area of least resistance. Challenge the IG to provide security for Nigerians. Challenege your president to show leadership and direction. Once again a people who dont understand good governance
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by ckkris: 9:20am On May 19, 2012
Riba_man
I troway salute. Men like you are few in Nigeria, very, very few. May be you were at that meeting in the Officers's Mess. Please remain alive, and healthy, in order to help re-educate the terribly mis-informed youths of today, so they won't be misled into worse disasters.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 9:20am On May 19, 2012
@Kobo, long time
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by ckkris: 9:38am On May 19, 2012
Kobojunky
I'm glad you're on. But you write like a resident of US, so you can't influence much in Nigeria. You're too far removed from the reality no ground. Many southerners were forced to learn Hausa, and even Arabic, while doing primary school in the north, and it has turned to advantage now, as they can accurately interprete things. I tell you PDP is national, CPC is a one-man orchestra.. Buhari cannot displace PDP.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by wesley80(m): 9:42am On May 19, 2012
monkeyleg: Funny enough, how come the jokers on here arent taking issue with uduaghan, who promised several local government areas they would suffer for not voting for him, and the bastard has kept his word. The Mudaphucker made the proclaimation in public, and yes he is in power and acting out his threat

Who was it that has been yapping about "lazy Nigerians leaving the main issue to chase after shadows"? Surely it wasn't you right?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 9:43am On May 19, 2012
ckkris: Kobojunky
I'm glad you're on. But you write like a resident of US, so you can't influence much in Nigeria. You're too far removed from the reality no ground. Many southerners were forced to learn Hausa, and even Arabic, while doing primary school in the north, and it has turned to advantage now, as they can accurately interprete things. I tell you PDP is national, CPC is a one-man orchestra.. Buhari cannot displace PDP.

What the frell has any of the above to do with this particular topic? gosh!!!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 9:44am On May 19, 2012
monkeyleg: @Kobo, long time

Welcome back . . . we have made sure the place is just as you left it.Well, post-wise(new design but still the same ol) ROFLMAO!!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 9:48am On May 19, 2012
@Kobo,

The people havent changed, still locked into reverse
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by onyengbu: 10:10am On May 19, 2012
EPOMA:
I don really post on Nairaland anymore but when you make comments like this, I just have to reply you, How does Buhari like voilence, He had the chance to have a bloody coup in 1983 but it ended not being bloody, all i pray everyday is that Nigeria should continue to suffer since they are so stupid of late.
Even OBJ in his books sang praises of Buhari just some years ago. For me let Nigeria continues the way it is since fools can't see.
El Rufai also said Buhari is perpetually unelectable among other horrible things about him in 2010. Nowthe same el rufai wants us to elect the same Buhari. How about that one?
How are we sure that OBJ wasnt speaking from different sides of his mouth too just like el rufai?
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by monkeyleg: 10:40am On May 19, 2012
People are missing the point, this is not about Buhari, but the state of the Phucking country, how any grown man or woman can defend the state of the country and divert issues to start chasing shadows in 2012 is well beyond me. The Phucking country is in a Mess. and Buhari did not contribute to it. Why not start from our Cluesless Dunce of a President, who has absolutely nothing to offer you guys
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 10:50am On May 19, 2012
when OBJ made do or die statement, he was roundly criticised and rightly so.

So should Buhari!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Ribaman(m): 11:22am On May 19, 2012
mikeansy: when OBJ made do or die statement, he was roundly criticised and rightly so.

So should Buhari!

I agree with you completely!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 11:29am On May 19, 2012
anybody can make claims of rigging against any election no matter how free and fair the election might be. thats why it is important for people to prove their case in court!

83% voter turnout or 90% vote share may arrouse suspiscion or question but they are not undeniable proof that election was rigged. Except anybody has evidence that 83% of rigistered voters were not present in the State on the day and could not have possibly voted or you have video evidence or exit polls contradicting INEC's statistics on voter turnout then you have no undeniable evidence for the courts to make a judgement on.

Instead of Buhari doing his homework and providing evidence, he keeps thinking he can just question the stats without providing evidence to back his argument up. This is where he keeps failing!
And yes claims about rigging not backed up by evidence is ridiculous!!!!
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 11:29am On May 19, 2012
The ides of war
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by tigerleggs(m): 1:04pm On May 19, 2012
100gigabytes: the Jonathan that campaigned with stolen money all over the world what has he done for you or Nigeria. I am a christian and i will follow Buhari to the grave rather than Jonathan and his band of deadly thieves.
well shaa, you are entitle to your stupi.dity.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by mgzee(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2012
buhari fact you Bleep UP!!!!!!!!!!! WRONG TALK THAT ALL KNOW
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by kinguwem: 7:06pm On May 19, 2012
Godman_n: [size=15pt]The Semantics Of “The Dog And The Baboon Will Be Soaked In Blood” By Umar Bello[/size]
Posted: May 18, 2012 - 05:17
By Umar Bello

The press once more appears to be in frenzy over a commentary purported to be made by Buhari. Buhari as usual is news. What so ever he does or does not do is a scoop to be splashed by the press. His commentary at the meeting with the Niger state CPC was rushed to the press without proper investigation. No sooner had the news reached the stand than the presidency, represented by Dr. Abati, furiously shot an unfortunate riposte building on the sketchy over-sensationalized opinions of Buhari.

One cannot help but be shocked with the descent of the country to pedestrian (mis)interpretation of issues with the sole purpose of impugning the sterling qualities of a person. All efforts are made to make this otherwise upright leader, who suffers phonies gladly and who has no regards for divisions, a violent regionalist. That is the way his Sokoto commentary has landed him a forced characteristic which has since then come to be his absolute definition in the Nigerian press trumping all his history of discipline and patriotism. It is a clear case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it, and remember this is not about a feline animal and a metal hook!

In this current situation, another deliberate fuss is caused to further hang this man by intensifying an already established stereotype. I just wonder; when have simple proverbs or political metaphors become literal representations of the objects they depict? Have we forgotten the ‘figuratively’ colorful first and second republics? When the late Mbadiwe (alias ‘a man of timber and caliber’) called himself ‘a political juggernaut’, I believe, nobody then thought of a monster caterpillar crushing all his political opponents to literal death. The Zik’s NPP was one time the ‘bride’ to be courted by other parties, did we at all think of a woman! What of Obasanjo’s ‘do or die’ declaration? Even if deaths had occurred at the election no one has related Obasanjo’s idiom to any casualties? Likewise, nobody has taken the late Bola Ige’s mentioning of the Northern ‘cows’ and ‘goats as part of the population census figures anything like livestock calculation more than the political slur it was meant to be.

Why is Buhari’s ‘kare jini, biri jini’ any different? Shorn of all the literal and decontexualized misrepresentations, it simply means ‘a serious contest’ i.e. the attitude of not giving up by the parties involved. ‘Kare jini, biri jini’, in a corpus checking on the contexts and collocates of the proverb, is mostly used where fierce competitions occur especially in sports and politics. Literal translation of this saying is mischievous crude and banal for even if we don’t understanding Hausa, are Nigerians actually ‘baboons’ (literal not figurative!)? One is disappointed that a person of Dr Abati’s intellectual caliber has taken this philistine ‘joke’ to higher planes to impute the calling of Nigerian voters as ‘baboons’ and ‘dogs’ to Buhari. This is to further estrange and alienate him from the people for their 2015’s political success. If someone, for example, told me that ‘it rained cats and dogs yesterday’, then my translation into, say, Hausa, will not only be that literal cats and dogs have fallen from the sky but that the people in the area have become cats and dogs also. Abati (PhD Dramatic Arts), this is the abysmal descent of that your unfortunate response and this analogy captures how yours may read to discerning minds. For the price of lucre, many great intellectuals have committed intellectual suicide and fallen prey to the wiles and machinations of politicians only to come seeking for that hard earned reputation when it is too late and when the orgy is over.

And probably that is why that irrevocable incorruptibility of Buhari has remained a great threat since it cannot be Ghana-must-goed. His views are misinterpreted for his daring to be different and not being part of the corrupt gravy train. But by every effort that is made to besmirch him, he emerges cleaner to his massive unbought constituency. And, as the Hausa saying goes, when the sky is out, it can’t not be covered by our palms. Buhari is the sky and the PDP gang is the palms.

Umar writes this piece from Jubail, KSA and can be reached at bello.umar@gmail.com

http://saharareporters.com/article/semantics-%E2%80%9C-dog-and-baboon-will-be-soaked-blood%E2%80%9D-umar-bello
Any statesman that calls his country men baboons and dogs is not fit to be a leader. Who are the baboons and who are the dogs? Until this question is answered, nigerians should not sleep with both eyes closed because his kindred are planning to kill more people under the guise of post-election violence.
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On May 19, 2012
Now it is calling people Baboons and Dogs?? ROFLMAO!! grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by kinguwem: 7:12pm On May 19, 2012
Godman_n: [size=15pt]The Semantics Of “The Dog And The Baboon Will Be Soaked In Blood” By Umar Bello[/size]
Posted: May 18, 2012 - 05:17
By Umar Bello

The press once more appears to be in frenzy over a commentary purported to be made by Buhari. Buhari as usual is news. What so ever he does or does not do is a scoop to be splashed by the press. His commentary at the meeting with the Niger state CPC was rushed to the press without proper investigation. No sooner had the news reached the stand than the presidency, represented by Dr. Abati, furiously shot an unfortunate riposte building on the sketchy over-sensationalized opinions of Buhari.

One cannot help but be shocked with the descent of the country to pedestrian (mis)interpretation of issues with the sole purpose of impugning the sterling qualities of a person. All efforts are made to make this otherwise upright leader, who suffers phonies gladly and who has no regards for divisions, a violent regionalist. That is the way his Sokoto commentary has landed him a forced characteristic which has since then come to be his absolute definition in the Nigerian press trumping all his history of discipline and patriotism. It is a clear case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it, and remember this is not about a feline animal and a metal hook!

In this current situation, another deliberate fuss is caused to further hang this man by intensifying an already established stereotype. I just wonder; when have simple proverbs or political metaphors become literal representations of the objects they depict? Have we forgotten the ‘figuratively’ colorful first and second republics? When the late Mbadiwe (alias ‘a man of timber and caliber’) called himself ‘a political juggernaut’, I believe, nobody then thought of a monster caterpillar crushing all his political opponents to literal death. The Zik’s NPP was one time the ‘bride’ to be courted by other parties, did we at all think of a woman! What of Obasanjo’s ‘do or die’ declaration? Even if deaths had occurred at the election no one has related Obasanjo’s idiom to any casualties? Likewise, nobody has taken the late Bola Ige’s mentioning of the Northern ‘cows’ and ‘goats as part of the population census figures anything like livestock calculation more than the political slur it was meant to be.

Why is Buhari’s ‘kare jini, biri jini’ any different? Shorn of all the literal and decontexualized misrepresentations, it simply means ‘a serious contest’ i.e. the attitude of not giving up by the parties involved. ‘Kare jini, biri jini’, in a corpus checking on the contexts and collocates of the proverb, is mostly used where fierce competitions occur especially in sports and politics. Literal translation of this saying is mischievous crude and banal for even if we don’t understanding Hausa, are Nigerians actually ‘baboons’ (literal not figurative!)? One is disappointed that a person of Dr Abati’s intellectual caliber has taken this philistine ‘joke’ to higher planes to impute the calling of Nigerian voters as ‘baboons’ and ‘dogs’ to Buhari. This is to further estrange and alienate him from the people for their 2015’s political success. If someone, for example, told me that ‘it rained cats and dogs yesterday’, then my translation into, say, Hausa, will not only be that literal cats and dogs have fallen from the sky but that the people in the area have become cats and dogs also. Abati (PhD Dramatic Arts), this is the abysmal descent of that your unfortunate response and this analogy captures how yours may read to discerning minds. For the price of lucre, many great intellectuals have committed intellectual suicide and fallen prey to the wiles and machinations of politicians only to come seeking for that hard earned reputation when it is too late and when the orgy is over.

And probably that is why that irrevocable incorruptibility of Buhari has remained a great threat since it cannot be Ghana-must-goed. His views are misinterpreted for his daring to be different and not being part of the corrupt gravy train. But by every effort that is made to besmirch him, he emerges cleaner to his massive unbought constituency. And, as the Hausa saying goes, when the sky is out, it can’t not be covered by our palms. Buhari is the sky and the PDP gang is the palms.

Umar writes this piece from Jubail, KSA and can be reached at bello.umar@gmail.com

http://saharareporters.com/article/semantics-%E2%80%9C-dog-and-baboon-will-be-soaked-blood%E2%80%9D-umar-bello
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by khattab008: 1:52am On May 20, 2012
I beg make una free the General his statement is best interpreted by a hausa person not all this biased media men we have in nigeria
Re: Buhari's Comments Being Probed Live On AIT by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 20, 2012
what has baboon and dogs soaked in blood got to do with elections?

no matter what interpretation anyone has, I want someone to tell me what its got to do with elections?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Arrested Over Alleged Plan To Bomb Enugu Airport / Buhari To Sign Loan Deal With China / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.