Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? (8021 Views)

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) / Hadith Forbidding Hellfire To Anyone Who Informs Another Of A New Month / The Messages Of Grace And Hellfire: Which Has Had More Impact In Recent Times? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 11:23pm On May 23, 2012
buzugee: there will be eternal life on earth for those who make it. however eternal life means the eternal life of your spirit not your body. whether you choose to believe it or not, the spirit is reincarnated back onto the earth in a different body every third or fourth generation. as such you have eternal life. your spirit lives forever and returns back to the spirit world and back to earth alternatively like a yoyo. up and down. up and down. up and down. that is eternal life. you dont stay on earth in the same body forever. that is biologically impossible

Buzugeee this ur idealogy fit kill me for laugh,,,,....hehehehehehehe.....

"Yoyo".
Lol...

Frm ur explanation it means u believe so much in re-incarnation.....
Right??

In essense ur saying no need for ressurection??

If we'll keep re-incarnating ,then wahala go dey ooooo...

Meanwhile hw will isaiah's prophecy fulfill if we'll be living forever in d spirit

Prophecies like build houses and have occupancy,a young boy leading wild animals,planting and eating,animals living in peace,lion eating straw just like bull....

Even Jesus re-emphasized these truth @ matthew 5:5....

In verse 3 he talked about those who will live as spirit in heaven,and also those who spend eternity on earth as humans..
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by joe4christ(m): 12:10am On May 24, 2012
buzugee: there will be eternal life on earth for those who make it. however eternal life means the eternal life of your spirit not your body. [size=15pt] whether you choose to believe it or not, the spirit is reincarnated back onto the earth in a different body every third or fourth generation. as such you have eternal life. your spirit lives forever and returns back to the spirit world and back to earth alternatively like a yoyo. up and down. up and down. up and down. that is eternal life. [/size] you dont stay on earth in the same body forever. that is biologically impossible

And where did you get that from o? Though i would'nt want to believe it but i atimes have this feelings that i've lived centuries back, i dont know how to explain it, but the memories flashes back to me atimes, once in a while, it seems i'm the only one experiencing it, it seems i've lived on different generation before, both early 20th century, could you explain this?
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 12:26am On May 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Buzugeee this ur idealogy fit kill me for laugh,,,,....hehehehehehehe.....

"Yoyo".
Lol...

Frm ur explanation it means u believe so much in re-incarnation.....
Right??

In essense ur saying no need for ressurection??

If we'll keep re-incarnating ,then wahala go dey ooooo...

Meanwhile hw will isaiah's prophecy fulfill if we'll be living forever in d spirit

Prophecies like build houses and have occupancy,a young boy leading wild animals,planting and eating,animals living in peace,lion eating straw just like bull....

Even Jesus re-emphasized these truth @ matthew 5:5....

In verse 3 he talked about those who will live as spirit in heaven,and also those who spend eternity on earth as humans..
reincarnation is a fact of life. reincarnation is all over the bible. john the baptist will reincarnate as elijah in the last days. its in the bible. MATTHEW 11 VS 14[b] And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come[/b]

i just read those two verses you gave. Brother you commit a great infarction. you always read the bible literally. this is why you get confused. quick question ? have you ever read the old testament ? i suspect you havent. you can never, and i repeat never fully understand the new testament if you havent read the old testament ( especially from job to malachi )
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 12:42am On May 24, 2012
joe4christ:

And where did you get that from o? Though i would'nt want to believe it but i atimes have this feelings that i've lived centuries back, i dont know how to explain it, but the memories flashes back to me atimes, once in a while, it seems i'm the only one experiencing it, it seems i've lived on different generation before, both early 20th century, could you explain this?
matthew 11 vs 14 And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come

ecclesiastes 1 vs 9-11 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

2 esdras 14 vs 35 For after death shall the judgment come, when we shall live again: and then shall the names of the righteous be manifest, and the works of the ungodly shall be declared.

john 9 vs 2 His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?

all instances of reincarnation if you take the time to look at those verses i supplied. what you are experiencing is called de ja vous. happens to some people. you are remembering instances from your past life. it happens with child geniuses. they quickly connect to what skill they had in past life. thats why you can see a 2 year old drumming like a professional when he hasnt played the drums much in his life. or a 2 year old playing the piano like a profesional
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 6:46am On May 24, 2012
buzugee: reincarnation is a fact of life. reincarnation is all over the bible. john the baptist will reincarnate as elijah in the last days. its in the bible. MATTHEW 11 VS 14[b] And if you are willing to accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come[/b]

i just read those two verses you gave. Brother you commit a great infarction. you always read the bible literally. this is why you get confused. quick question ? have you ever read the old testament ? i suspect you havent. you can never, and i repeat never fully understand the new testament if you havent read the old testament ( especially from job to malachi )

I have reÀd d old testament ofcus...

Ofcus I'm a bible §tudent......

But my questions and my points are pertinent...

You can't tell me that things pertaining to d earth are nt physical....

Soon u might start telling me that we are not physical but spirit persons on earth......

D bible says persons will live on earth forever and does mention d earthly conditions that would surround that new world but u say we'll live forever in d spirit....

That's absurd.....

We will talk about this re-incarnation issue....

Let me arrange my scriptures and my points correctly........

Like I asked u earlier if we'll be re-incarnating then why do we need to be ressurected

Jesus shulda left lazarus to live on in what ever place he'll be re-incarnated to.......

Ressurection and re-incarnation are 2 words that will everly contradict itself as far as d bible is concerned....

I understand d bible,I weight many possible factors b4 I reach a conclusion.........

If I know I'll keep re-incarnating(ur own explanation of ressurection),then why do many still have to wait in there memorial tombs for Yahweh thru his son Jesus to ressurect them when the end comes??

Abel,noah,isaiah,deborah,abraham,job where have they all re-incarnated to

Can u answer buzu buzu.............

Oya let's analyze johns case.....

U said John d baptizer was elijah reborned...
Right??

But @ john 1:21 who did John himself say he was??

John himself told his inquisitors whom he was....

Was he lying??

Altho it had been fortold that John d baptizer would precede the messiah "with elijahs spirit and power" ,it never mÉant John would be elijah in d re-incarnated form....

It only meant John d baptizer was elijah in d sense that he carried out a work comparable to that of Elijah.....
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 7:10am On May 24, 2012
@buzugeee....

U also quoted john 9:1 $ 2......to prove ya point on re-incarnation...

But mayb u failed to realy analyze Jesus's answer to his disciples as to who sinned that led to mans been born blind....

What was Jesus reply?

John 9:3:::::: ""neither this man sinned nor his parents"""""

Jesus's reply contradicts d principles of re-incarnation,which implies that disabilities depend on sins from a former life.......

Nobody can sin before being born....

Read romans9:11
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2012
ijawkid: @buzugeee....

U also quoted john 9:1 $ 2......to prove ya point on re-incarnation...

But mayb u failed to realy analyze Jesus's answer to his disciples as to who sinned that led to mans been born blind....

What was Jesus reply?

John 9:3:::::: ""neither this man sinned nor his parents"""""

Jesus's reply contradicts d principles of re-incarnation,which implies that disabilities depend on sins from a former life.......

Nobody can sin before being born....

Read romans9:11

my brethren Ijawkid, you miss the whole point here. the point here is not Jesus response. the point here is that this is a commonly known fact such that the disciples casually asked the question. i am sure the disciples are not re-tarded men who ask extraordinarily ridiculous questions. they were trying to find out if the guy was paying for sin he committed in his previous life, hence being born blind, because this is known fact back then because the lord dealt directly with Jesus.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2012
ijawkid:

I have reÀd d old testament ofcus...

Ofcus I'm a bible §tudent......

But my questions and my points are pertinent...

You can't tell me that things pertaining to d earth are nt physical....

Soon u might start telling me that we are not physical but spirit persons on earth......

D bible says persons will live on earth forever and does mention d earthly conditions that would surround that new world but u say we'll live forever in d spirit....

That's absurd.....

We will talk about this re-incarnation issue....

Let me arrange my scriptures and my points correctly........

Like I asked u earlier if we'll be re-incarnating then why do we need to be ressurected

Jesus shulda left lazarus to live on in what ever place he'll be re-incarnated to.......

Ressurection and re-incarnation are 2 words that will everly contradict itself as far as d bible is concerned....

I understand d bible,I weight many possible factors b4 I reach a conclusion.........

If I know I'll keep re-incarnating(ur own explanation of ressurection),then why do many still have to wait in there memorial tombs for Yahweh thru his son Jesus to ressurect them when the end comes??

Abel,noah,isaiah,deborah,abraham,job where have they all re-incarnated to

Can u answer buzu buzu.............

Oya let's analyze johns case.....

U said John d baptizer was elijah reborned...
Right??

But @ john 1:21 who did John himself say he was??

John himself told his inquisitors whom he was....

Was he lying??

Altho it had been fortold that John d baptizer would precede the messiah "with elijahs spirit and power" ,it never mÉant John would be elijah in d re-incarnated form....

It only meant John d baptizer was elijah in d sense that he carried out a work comparable to that of Elijah.....

yes we will live on earth forever because the earth is here to stay forever ECCLESIASTES 1 VS 4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.( But not just in one body forever. you change bodies when one body dies. one body dies, you return to rest in the spirit world, then you come back again. as such we will live on earth forever.

resurrection only happens when christ returns, to the saints who are dead so that they can experience the regime change on earth, plus the saints will be part of the lords army to subdue the earth. after that resurrection, no more. so resurrection is a one time deal only for the saints.

the story of lazarus is not a real story. it is a parable.

cain reincarnated as esau ( the mark of cain is leprosy. clean leprosy. white skin ). all the other prophets have reincarnated and keep reincarnating. they may be on earth today they may not. so many people say king solomon reincarnated as jesus ( you can google all these information i am giving you. it is common knowledge. i am not making this up )

with regards to john the baptist, he doesnt and didnt know he would reincarnate as elijah in the future, however Jesus who is the son of God is privy to this information which is why when john was asked if he was elijah that is to come, he said no i am john, however jesus knew he would be elijah in the last days. grin grin grin
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2012
Ijawkid, you are going to have to get comfortable with the fact that you (your body ) will not live forever. i know you had this dream and desire of immortality grin grin
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 9:18am On May 24, 2012
Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders states:

[size=14pt]Delusions are irrational beliefs, held with a high level of conviction, that are highly resistant to change even when the delusional person is exposed to forms of proof that contradict the belie[/size]f.

Tolerance of pervasive myth and superstition (like eternal burning hell fire) in modern society is not a virtue.
Religious fundamentalism has gone main stream and its toll on education, science, and social progress is disheartening.

Wake up people!! We are smart enough now to objectively examine the validity of invisible gods described in the so-called holy books and oppressive beliefs.

It is the responsibility of the educated to educate the uneducated, lest we fall prey to the tyranny of ignorance.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by ijawkid(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2012
buzugee: Ijawkid, you are going to have to get comfortable with the fact that you (your body ) will not live forever. i know you had this dream and desire of immortality grin grin

My final point is ressurection and re-incarnation cannot all be biblical...

One has to stay and d other refuted...

They are not compatible.....

If we are to be re-incarnating then d ressurection theory is useless....

I asked u when lazarus was resurrected what happend?

How was he resurrected??

If he had already started re-incarnating then Jesus would have just left him to continue jumping from one body to another in between time lines........

D disciples of Jesus too definitly were confused as to to what ressurection is.....
Some also must have held on to d re-incarnation theory,but were corrected after they watched Jesus ressurect lazarus right in front of there eyes....

But Jesus who is our perfect teacher gave d right answer to d questions of d apostle as to if that blind guy re-incarnated.......

I follow Jesus reply not d disciples thinking...

They were jejune that's why they needed there master to clarify issues.....
Of which Jesus did....

U claim ressurection is for d saints alone?

What did lazarus,jarius daugter,tabitha and d rest all experience.....

I have asked u who now are d re-incarnated patriachs of old

Mayb enoch of old must have re-incarnated to pastor enoch adeboye of reedem church today....lol

Or mayb david,solomon all must have re-incarnated to some persons we see today...

Mayb logic boy is d re-incarnated darwin who knows....lol

The fact is Jesus would be crazy to have talked about ressurection when re-incarnation was possible....

Remember there will be a ressurection of both righteous and d un-righteous when d end comes......

Ressurection and re-incarnation can never be compatible...
Never!!!
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2012
Ijawkid i believe i have supplied answers to all your questions. take the time to read through again. i am not going to be able to personally give you names of who reincarnated as who as i am not God, however it is common knowledge that Esau is reincarnated from Cain. And a lot of people say Jesus is a reincarnate of king solomon http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-722953

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-780678

i also told you that reincarnation is how the world is populated. resurrection is something that will happen only once which is when christ returns. the purpose of resurrection is so that those who died as saints who are not yet reincarnated in the world when christ comes will be Resurrected immediately ( look at it as a way of jumping the queue. they will be ressurected immediately instead of waiting their turn to get reincarnated )
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:23pm On May 24, 2012
buzugee: yeah for the internet trolls otherwise known as the atheists lol
Then the spray is harmless to me ...
But let us agree it was a good joke ...
Do not become stressed, we are talking with friends ... exchanging ideas and viewpoints ...
Nobody here will convince anyone, and that's the positive.
No stress.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On May 24, 2012
Shall we call this thread the reason why skeptics are hellphobia? Here is a story of how a man who showed this phobia.

A man was driving to work when a lorry drove through a stop sign, hit his car broadside, and knocked him out. Passers-by pulled him from the wreck and revived him. He began a terrific struggle and had to be tranquillised by the paramedics.

Later, when he came to and was calm, they asked him why he struggled so much. He said:

"I remember the impact, then nothing. I woke up on a concrete slab in front of a huge, flashing 'Shell' sign. And somebody was standing in front of the S." shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by logicboy: 6:22pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Shall we call this thread the reason why skeptics are hellphobia? Here is a story of how a man who showed this phobia.

A man was driving to work when a lorry drove through a stop sign, hit his car broadside, and knocked him out. Passers-by pulled him from the wreck and revived him. He began a terrific struggle and had to be tranquillised by the paramedics.

Later, when he came to and was calm, they asked him why he struggled so much. He said:

"I remember the impact, then nothing. I woke up on a concrete slab in front of a huge, flashing 'Shell' sign. And somebody was standing in front of the S." shocked shocked shocked

1) The guy in your story could have been a christian

2) You cant use one case to label atheists.

3) Heliophobia is fear of sunlight. Hellophobia is not a word

4) You suffer from atheophobia
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2012
cyrexx:

have you done any research at all to understand how the bible was compiled.
do you know how and when the Greek mythological teaching of hell was adopted by early christians.
sinners are the enemies of God you said. how are they enemies of god. did they steal something from God. or offend him any way to deserve a life sentence of continual pain. hmmm. humans as wicked as we are can never do this even to our enemy. Surely, the image of God created in your mind by your religion is more wicked than the character of even the most wicked of human beings.

You have the right to your own opinion and no one will deny you of that, but when the time comes for you to jump out of the plane none of your arguments will suffice, what will count is whether you have and wear your parachute or not.

cyrexx:

the truth you dont know is that Paul and the New Testament authors invented the notion of Hell to control people. Theologians today still debate whether it is a state of mind, or a real place, and whether souls really burn in it. Parents, ministers, pastors, clerics, and priests, don’t seem to debate it. Hell works great for them and they throw it around to scare everyone. Pastors love hell. Parents love hell. Televangelists love hell. For all of them, it makes their job easier and takes away much of the need to explain right and wrong. its simple: don’t do what I say and you’ll go to hell. None of them will question why God did not tell the Chinese, the Jews, Africans, Asians, Indians, or anyone born before the Apostle Paul about hell. It works too well for them to consider that it was made up for their benefit.

Good luck with your beliefs of intimidation from a supposed God of Love

The existence of hell and the certainty of the judgment are not the claims of fallible, sinful men. The Bible is the source of the claim and it did not just Paul, the Bible was written by over 40 authors over a period of 3,000 years, and it is utterly infallible.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 6:40pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
The existence of hell and the certainty of the judgment are not the claims of fallible, sinful men. The Bible is the source of the claim and it did not just Paul, the Bible was written by over 40 authors over a period of 3,000 years, and it is utterly infallible.

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2012
Jenwitemi:

I am imagining olaadegbu and alexleo to be the poor man. No wonder they wanting others to suffer the kind of pains they suffer from the "love" of their arm twisting hell threatening ever loving biblical deity. grin wink

There's no need to stress yourself over what you don't believe in. Let me give you a consolation, if we can call it that. If there is no hell, you wouldn't know a thing after you die. It will be the end. No heaven, no hell. Just nothing. You wouldn't even realise that you won the argument.

But here is the bad news if the Bible is found out to be true and that there is eternal justice: You will find yourself standing before the judgment throne of a holy God, who has seen every sin you have ever committed. Think of it for a moment. The thought of a holy and perfect God has seen your thought-life and every secret sin you've ever committed.

Don't you think hell will be what you deserve and that you will have no one to blame except yourself? You are playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Joel3(m): 8:42pm On May 24, 2012
Do any of u believe in Holy Ghost Fire that burnt people in the church? If not i'm sorry. That fire is not a physical but a spirit fire that torment demons spirit. If yes then believe in hell fire now.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by logicboy: 8:44pm On May 24, 2012
Joel.:
Do any of u believe in Holy Ghost Fire that burnt people in the church? If not i'm sorry. That fire is not a physical but a spirit fire that torment demons spirit. If yes then believe in hell fire now.

Holy ghost fire doesnt exist. Call your pastor to use his holy ghost fire against boko haram and he will feel the firepower of a bomb
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by dorox(m): 9:30pm On May 24, 2012
logicboy:

Holy ghost fire doesnt exist. Call your pastor to use his holy ghost fire against boko haram and he will feel the firepower of a bomb
Holy ghost fire is only as hot as breath of the person saying it.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by buzugee(m): 9:48pm On May 24, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Then the spray is harmless to me ...
But let us agree it was a good joke ...
Do not become stressed, we are talking with friends ... exchanging ideas and viewpoints ...
Nobody here will convince anyone, and that's the positive.
No stress.
totally agree with you amigos. its all about sharing for edification purposes. grin
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 11:00pm On May 24, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

There's no need to stress yourself over what you don't believe in. Let me give you a consolation, if we can call it that. If there is no hell, you wouldn't know a thing after you die. It will be the end. No heaven, no hell. Just nothing. You wouldn't even realise that you won the argument.

But here is the bad news if the Bible is found out to be true and that there is eternal justice: You will find yourself standing before the judgment throne of a holy God, who has seen every sin you have ever committed. Think of it for a moment. The thought of a holy and perfect God has seen your thought-life and every secret sin you've ever committed.

Don't you think hell will be what you deserve and that you will have no one to blame except yourself? You are playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun.

aren't you tired of using Pascal's Wager which states that "God can't be proved. But if God exists, the believer gains everything (heaven) and the unbeliever loses everything (hell). If God doesn't exist, the believer loses nothing and the unbeliever gains nothing. There is therefore everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God."

listen well, this argument, first formulated by French philosopher Blaise Pascal, is sheer intimidation. It is not a case for a god's existence or validity of the bible hence, the validity of hell or heaven: it is an argument for belief, based on irrational fear. With this kind of reasoning we should simply pick the religion with the worst hell.

It is not true that the believer loses nothing. We diminish this life by preferring the myth of an afterlife, and we sacrifice honesty to the maintenance of a lie. Religion demands time, energy and money, draining valuable human resources from the improvement of this world. Religious conformity, a tool of tyrants, is a threat to freedom.

Nor is it true that the unbeliever gains nothing. Rejecting religion can be a positive liberating experience, gaining perspective and freedom of inquiry. Freethinkers have always been in the forefront of social and moral progress.

What kind of person would eternally torment an honest doubter? If their god is so unjust, then religionists (christians and muslims) are in as much danger as atheists. Perhaps god will get a perverted thrill from changing his mind and damning everyone, believers and unbelievers alike. Or, inverting the gamble, perhaps god will only save those who have enough courage to question and assess what they believe!

Pascal was a Catholic and assumed that the existence of god meant the Christian God. However, the Islamic Allah might be the true god, which turns Pascal's wager into a riskier gamble than intended.

In any case, a belief in a deity based on FEAR is not a belief that produces admiration. It does not follow that such a being deserves to be worshipped or even acknowledged

1 Like

Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On May 25, 2012
cyrexx:

aren't you tired of using Pascal's Wager which states that "God can't be proved. But if God exists, the believer gains everything (heaven) and the unbeliever loses everything (hell). If God doesn't exist, the believer loses nothing and the unbeliever gains nothing. There is therefore everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God."

listen well, this argument, first formulated by French philosopher Blaise Pascal, is sheer intimidation. It is not a case for a god's existence or validity of the bible hence, the validity of hell or heaven: it is an argument for belief, based on irrational fear. With this kind of reasoning we should simply pick the religion with the worst hell.

It is not true that the believer loses nothing. We diminish this life by preferring the myth of an afterlife, and we sacrifice honesty to the maintenance of a lie. Religion demands time, energy and money, draining valuable human resources from the improvement of this world. Religious conformity, a tool of tyrants, is a threat to freedom.

Nor is it true that the unbeliever gains nothing. Rejecting religion can be a positive liberating experience, gaining perspective and freedom of inquiry. Freethinkers have always been in the forefront of social and moral progress.

What kind of person would eternally torment an honest doubter? If their god is so unjust, then religionists (christians and muslims) are in as much danger as atheists. Perhaps god will get a perverted thrill from changing his mind and damning everyone, believers and unbelievers alike. Or, inverting the gamble, perhaps god will only save those who have enough courage to question and assess what they believe!

Pascal was a Catholic and assumed that the existence of god meant the Christian God. However, the Islamic Allah might be the true god, which turns Pascal's wager into a riskier gamble than intended.

In any case, a belief in a deity based on FEAR is not a belief that produces admiration. It does not follow that such a being deserves to be worshipped or even acknowledged

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom:

"You did cause judgment to be heard from heaven: the earth feared, and was still" (Psalms 76:8 The Evidence Bible).

As I have pointed out earlier, the existence of hell and the surety of the judgment are not the claims of sinful, fallible men. The Holy Scriptures is the source of the claim and it is utterly infallible.

You need to understand what it means to be a Christian. It doesn't mean to be religious or to have a religion. It means to admit that you are wrong and that God is justified in His declarations that we have sinned against Him.

Let me cut straight to the incredibly good news here. We deserve judgment, but God has showed us His mercy. His mercy is God offering His Son on the cross to pay our penalty so that we could leave the courtroom freely. He destroyed the power of the grave for all who will obey Him.

All you need to do is to simply obey the gospel, and live. By doing that you'll find out that the gospel is indeed the 'gospel truth'. The Lord Jesus Christ said it clearly that if you obey Him, you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

Being an atheist is hardwork. You need more faith to believe that God doesn't exist and that makes you a religious person instead of a freethinker that you think you are. Why don't you get on your knees and confess and forsake your sins and tell God that you are truly sorry, then trust the Saviour as you would trust yourself to a parachute. So that you can have a safe landing when your time is up.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 2:25pm On May 25, 2012
There's an invisible being - living in the sky - who watches everything I do, every
minute of every day. He gave me a mind to reason and asked me not to use it. He demands me to believe some unreasonable things based on bad evidence - dogma and blind faith. These and many more are the special list of things he wants me to do. And if I don't do these things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send me to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time, no, its actually more than than that, its forever . . . But He loves me!

of course, i believe. i dont want to go to hell that he has prepared for non-believers if i dare to question him.

i mean, who would not believe this except for some brave souls that are bold enough to critically examine what has been fed into their minds from childhood and they will "surely go to hell" for examining their beliefs.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2012
cyrexx: There's an invisible being - living in the sky - who watches everything I do, every
minute of every day. He gave me a mind to reason and asked me not to use it. He demands me to believe some unreasonable things based on bad evidence - dogma and blind faith. These and many more are the special list of things he wants me to do. And if I don't do these things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send me to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time, no, its actually more than than that, its forever . . . But He loves me!

of course, i believe. i dont want to go to hell that he has prepared for non-believers if i dare to question him.

i mean, who would not believe this except for some brave souls that are bold enough to critically examine what has been fed into their minds from childhood and they will "surely go to hell" for examining their beliefs.

You say you have a mind for examining beliefs, lets see how your mind works, whether it works logically or not.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

What is the evidence of the existence of God?

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise, if you want to come to God you must believe that He exists and is the lawgiver that you are accountable to.

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6)- The Evidence Bible.

Faith in God is not blind faith, it is based on the fact of God's existence seen clearly through creation.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by cyrexx: 3:21pm On May 25, 2012
so the same Creator now throws people in hell fire for the crime of unbelieving somethings
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On May 25, 2012
cyrexx:

so the same Creator now throws people in hell fire for the crime of unbelieving somethings

"Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them" (Psalms 55:15) The Evidence Bible.

If you are to reason for a moment and think of a judge, if he turns a blind eye to the unlawful dealings of boko haramists, if he sees their murderous acts and they are brought before him to pass sentence, and he deliberately turns the other way, would you say that he is a good or bad judge? If he is a good judge you will expect him to do everything within his power to see that those murderers are brought to justice and justly punished.

If the Creator sees a man sexually assault or ra.pe and murder a loved one of yours, would you think that God should look the other way or bring the murderer to justice? If He turns a blind eye that would mean that He is not good and is corrupt and you will be justified if you bring Him to justice as you have been doing. It makes sense then, if God is good, He will do everything within His power to ensure justice is done.

The Bible says that He will punish murderers, liars, adulterers, fornicators and blasphemers. He will even punish those who desired to murder and rape but never took the opportunity. He warns that if we hate someone, we commit murder in our hearts. If we lust, we commit adultery in the heart, and the place of punishment, the prison God will send them to is a place called hell. It is a place created for those who will reject the Mercy of God.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2012
1) This analogy is false. Christians are not only seeing a building as the evidence of a builder (in general terms) but also WHO ACTUALLY IS THE BUILDER (in specific terms). Where, then, is the proof that you know the specific identity of the builder? This is where your argument fails woefully.

Example; I can also tell you that a brandless CAR was built by it's creator(s)after having seen it, but i can't start claiming that the nameless car proves the existence of MERCEDES or BMW or TOYOTA or MAZDA, which is what you christians like to do.

Your trickery is that , to prove the existence of God to atheist, you flipflop between referring to God in general terms (GOD the creator) and in the specific terms (christian god;The Jewish god) and getting caught in the process by the atheists.

I can agree that the creation proves the existence of a creator. This follows logic. But you cannot prove that the creator in question is the one you worship. The one in the scriptures of your religion. That, you can't prove with that building analogy of yours.
OLAADEGBU:

You say you have a mind for examining beliefs, lets see how your mind works, whether it works logically or not.

"For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse" (Romans 1:20).

What is the evidence of the existence of God?

When I look at a building, how do I know that there was a builder? I couldn't want a better evidence that there was a builder than to have the building in front of me. I don't even need faith to know that there was a builder. All I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

The same principle applies to the existence of God. When I look at creation, how can I know that there was a Creator? Creation reveals to me that there is a Creator. I couldn't want a better evidence that there is a Creator than to have the creation in front of me. I don't need faith to believe in a Creator, all I need are eyes that can see and a brain that can think.

But if I want the builder to do something for me, then I need to have faith in the builder. Likewise, if you want to come to God you must believe that He exists and is the lawgiver that you are accountable to.

"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6)- The Evidence Bible.

Faith in God is not blind faith, it is based on the fact of God's existence seen clearly through creation.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by poweredcom(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2012
[quote author=alexleo]yeah its foolishness for us to think that God who created the body and the spirit has no power to create fire that can burn the spirit. Lets not allow foolish reasoning to limit God's power. Using the fire that burns the human body to compare to that of the spirit man is a height of foolishness. For example, the fire that burns a firewood which is ordinary fire cannot melt an iron. Yet there is heat of fire that burns iron. The heat is not the same as that of wood. If human could be creative enough to develop this things is it God the creator that we ll now begin to think that he wont be creative enough create a fire that can torment the soul which is the spirit man? He has said it in the scriptures and its true. Wether anybody believes it or not is immaterial because those who have died without Christ are there now burning. God has given some people the privillege of seeing these things and coming back to life to testify of its reality. Again wether you people want to believe it or not doesnt change anything rather when you die you ll find that its true but too late for you. May God help you.
[/Quote]
Hell and heaven are just a concept the white man slavemasters used to enslave us and take africans into slavery it does not exist at all fool your heaven and hell is right here on earrth .look up you gonna see heavenly sky which is not for you humans and when you. Digg the ground you see fossils ok not fire. Ok blackman history have been tarnished and brainwashed mental slavery.even the europeans and western world don't believe in all that because their society have moved from that state. Of tought ok while we africans just sit here confused hoping to be burn in hell and expecting q life after death na lie jare this life is the only life I know live it up be urself
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2012
Jenwitemi: 1) This analogy is false. Christians are not only seeing a building as the evidence of a builder (in general terms) but also WHO ACTUALLY IS THE BUILDER (in specific terms). Where, then, is the proof that you know the specific identity of the builder? This is where your argument fails woefully.

Example; I can also tell you that a brandless CAR was built by it's creator(s)after having seen it, but i can't start claiming that the nameless car proves the existence of MERCEDES or BMW or TOYOTA or MAZDA, which is what you christians like to do.

Your trickery is that , to prove the existence of God to atheist, you flipflop between referring to God in general terms (GOD the creator) and in the specific terms (christian god;The Jewish god) and getting caught in the process by the atheists.

I can agree that the creation proves the existence of a creator. This follows logic. But you cannot prove that the creator in question is the one you worship. The one in the scriptures of your religion. That, you can't prove with that building analogy of yours.

You can know who the builder/manufacturer is if you really want to know, all it takes is for you to contact the appropriate record books but then you need faith to believe the records. Likewise, the uncreated Creator has left His signature in the record book called the Holy Bible, it will again take faith for you to believe His words.

"But without faith, it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6) The Evidence Bible.

If you are saying that your god would never create hell, because he couldn't. That's because he is the figment of your imagination, it is a god you have created to suit yourself and it is called idolatory. It is the oldest sin in the Bible, and idolaters will not inherit the kingdom of God. The one and only true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, could and did create hell for those who reject His Mercy. All idolaters will reap His just Wrath.
Re: How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:24pm On May 25, 2012
Why the necessity to know the builder, anyway? You've seen the building, you acknowledge and admire the architectorial feats and knowhow of the builder, you move on. Why would i want to know the builder? I am not in the least interested in knowing.

And why are you so interested in others knowing the ID of the builder? Is there something in it for you.... like money?
OLAADEGBU:

You can know who the builder/manufacturer is if you really want to know, all it takes is for you to contact the appropriate record books but then you need faith to believe the records. Likewise, the uncreated Creator has left His signature in the record book called the Holy Bible, it will again take faith for you to believe His words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas / God Speaks Through His Spirit (tell Yours) / Why Do Other Animals Suffer Too?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.