Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,128 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final (23270 Views)

Benfica Vs Chelsea: Europa League Final - (1 - 2) - On 15th May 2013 / Mikel Obi Told Robben He Would Miss The Penalty / Champions League Final Barcelona V Manchester United May 28th 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by tobsonkings: 7:36am On May 21, 2012
Mikel plays no be me spoil am kind of football, he is skilful bt shws no creativity, technically sound as a midfielder in chelsea who plays defensive football.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 4ward(m): 8:04am On May 21, 2012
Honestly John Obi Mikel Had really set up his Game.i di notice dat during d first leg of d Semi-final against Barca.Hope he will continue in dat super form.Say 75%.Congrat 2 his family And 2 supper Eagles.UP CHELSEA
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 8:07am On May 21, 2012
who is mikel obi? undecided undecided
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jeffry401: 8:22am On May 21, 2012
[quote author=digits]

when d guy start to dey watch ball>>>>>FYI>>>>mikel can fit in okocha's shoes
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jeffry401: 8:23am On May 21, 2012
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jeffry401: 8:24am On May 21, 2012
otooro: who is mikel obi? undecided undecided
u're a junky
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jeffry401: 8:26am On May 21, 2012
F.K.O:
u probably suffering from MYOPIA.
i tell u ma guy serious MYOPIA!
HATERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by jeffry401: 8:28am On May 21, 2012
REMMEI:

see ur mouth!..or na ur sadistic mind...mtchewwww!
only if u had brain u would ave known dat obi-MIKEL was OUTSTANDING in dat match!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 1025: 9:08am On May 21, 2012
i expected folks here to rate me(1025/chidichris/orangeman) first for believing in mikel from time even when 90% of nairalanders did not believe. well, that is not important for now as what matters now is that 90% or more are now seeing what i saw far back 2006. what a way to say SHUT UP to enemies of progress.

@topic,
from the day Di matheo took over the leadership of chelsea, it has mikel all through and the team did excellently well especially when it matters. chelsea had been the masters of defence all these while and the credit goes to my mikel.
he is very very silent but effective in his role and his presence makes the work load on our central defence very easy.
the greatest achievement at club levels in europe is the champions league and that is what mikel just added to his cabinet and i will ask you permission to mikel will soon be the most decorated nigerian player of all time.
the boy is good.
what i enjoy most about his game is his confidence. he is always calm with the ball and panic is never in his dictionary. at the highest level of football in europe, he kept his cool and did what he knows how to do best breaking down attacks.
i will like to look at that game over and over again before i come back to rate him.
God bless Mikel THE LAST NIGERIAN STANDING.
can someone please take me to that thread where enemies were comparing mikel and song.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Olushyna: 9:19am On May 21, 2012
Stop been sentimental nobody ask u 2 make comparision. Mikel performed wonderfully well on saturday.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 1025: 9:20am On May 21, 2012
someone posted this link and after going through it, i think is important nigerians see foreigners take on the game and mikel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2147253/Chelsea-v-Bayern-Munich-Champions-League-ratings.html

some of us here are dark minded that even if mikel dribble the buyern coach and president and scored against the team, they won't see anything good about him.
it is fortunate and unfortunate that mikel's fate is not in our hands.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by megxo(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2012
he manned d midfield, broke down dia flair upfront, got it al right almost tru out d game.........amin wor more wud u ask from a "MAKALELE- LIKE" MIDFIELDER in d person of JOHN MIKEL OBI........... 85%
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by megxo(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2012
tobsonkings: Mikel plays no be me spoil am kind of football, he is skilful bt shws no creativity, technically sound as a midfielder in chelsea who plays defensive football.
now wor wud u say about BUSQUETS.....omo, sabi say "show ur style", guess dats his style smiley
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by humblebee: 10:04am On May 21, 2012
tobsonkings: Mikel plays no be me spoil am kind of football, he is skilful bt shws no creativity, technically sound as a midfielder in chelsea who plays defensive football.

if it works for him and gets him first team shirt then its fair enough... i think he can improve a bit though, like trying some shots on goal once a while... essien does that
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by sylve11: 10:11am On May 21, 2012
Luck was so on Chelsae side . . . .mikel performance not excluded. @ Mukina let's assume Bayern won the champs league, do u think this question'd be necessary? cool cool
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by megxo(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2012
jeffry401:

hu de talk about okocha's shoe, besides okocha size fit b 40, mikel own go com ba 43...e no go fit na,,,lwtmb..
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Revolutnz: 10:40am On May 21, 2012
I'm not really a fan of Mikel but I was so impressed by his performance on Saturday. He was faultless apart from the bad tackle that got him booked. For passes, I'll give him 9/10, for tackling 8/10. CONGRATS CHELSEA FC (esp Di Matteo).

Gunnerz 4 Life
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 11:02am On May 21, 2012
Only SSners and SEners ....always give Nigeria good Name .
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by OkijaPriest: 11:07am On May 21, 2012
O.K performance.. He is still a person!!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Ifemyke: 11:44am On May 21, 2012
This remains one of the best performances of Mikel
Meanwhile, Hazard is tempted by Chelsea. Read more on
www.footballfile.com
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by obigin43(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2012
mikel did not get any booking in that match at all,they(chelsea) got 4 cards (1)drogba,(2)a.cole (3)toress and (4)luiz and bayern just a card by Schweinsteiger.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 21, 2012
jeffry401:
u're a junky

who is a junky? undecided
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Saintsquare(m): 1:45pm On May 21, 2012
odumorun 1: Seven years ago in the 2005 under 21 World cup Mikel Obi was voted 2nd best young player in the world after Lionel Messi in a tournament many felt he outplayed the brilliant Argentine. Fast forward 2012, Messi is talked about in the same breath as Pele, Maradona and Cruyff. Obi has not got a goal or even as assist for Chelsea.

The level of understanding on this board of what football is actually about, reflected in the absurd qts of how you rate a defensive midfielder in a game when his team had 10 men defending, shows everything that is wrong with our national game in an era dominated by Nigerian fans who grew up watching the premier league. Mikel Obi has contributed nothing to Nigerian football; he has won nothing for the country, done nothing for the national team so it is quite right as one poster did to compare him to Okocha.

Like Drogba and Essien who also contribute next to nothing to their countries he represents the dour new face of an African game that once produced giants of skill and technique like Abedi Pele, Roger Milla, Austin Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu, George Weah.

Mikel Obi, Drogba, Essien, big strong, physically powerful and functional players who can at times perform in well drilled dour and mechanical teams but who lack of real flair is exposed time and time again when they play in international tournaments where they are required to show a bit of initiative - they are found wanting

The colonisation of African football by the premier league has meant we now produce players, whose style is alien to our own culture and natural style for them, the same way we convert our land to growing cash crops for their factories while our own people go hungry because we can't produce enough subsistence crops. How many local talents playing under any flyover in Lagos do you see playing like Obi or Essien. Our climate favours a more languid more skilful and more intelligent style. But we are now being forced to grow players in an artificial style to suit the premier league. The result our worst national team in 40 years and the balance of power in Africa moving to the north and east from the former stronghold of the western coast. The last time a West African side won the nations cup was 10 years ago in 2002.

The reason is the main advantage we used to have over the North Africans - individual skill and unpredictability is now gone. You know what people like Mikel or Odemingwe are going to do before they do it. The English premier league with its fast frenetic pace beats out any real sign of individuality in our players destroying their natural instinct.

During our best years 1994 - 96 how many of our best players played in the technically inferior Premier league. Virtually none of them. When the likes of Okocha, Amuneke, Amokachis had the ball at their feet, such was their comfort on the ball, their skill that neither you nor the opponent knew what they were going to do next.

Now we all know what our best player - Mikel Obi will do when he gets the ball, he sneaks forward, just a bit makes a square pass to Lampard, or Ramires then runs back to the half way line like a good little boy. The opposing 18 yard box ?- say wetin happen ? wetin I wan find there That is the kind of weak spirit we want to lead us to the promised land

They tried to do the same to the great Samuel Eto in Madrid - But he had enough fire in his belly so he left to mallorca to prove himself than to Barca He spoke up for himself - Now he is recognised as one of the greats. 3 champion league trophies, in which he scored in 2 finals.

Mikel has scored 2 goals for chelsea,he also had a short on goal which hit the bar and was reboundd in by Drogba.Pls get ur facts rite b4 jumpin into conclusions.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by nconcept: 2:05pm On May 21, 2012
Best I'v seen from him since 2005 @ WYC.... ‎see more views at: http:///IQNBwmEE
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by odumorun1: 2:41pm On May 21, 2012
Which goals did he score and when.

and let us even assume that is true, which I don't belive, 2 goals in 7 years is what you call a good return for a man whose creative instinct once put on the same platform as the great Lionel Messi.

Come on - let us look at the larger picture here. A man who has no assisits in the premier league - is he going to lead us anywhere at a world cup. What has he learned at Chelsea in the last 7 years. He has regressed and very badly. People who know nothing about football lampoon those of us who they say want dribblers. Mention any player who has won the world player of the year over the last 20 years wjho was not a dribbler. Far from being, some aesthetic extra it is a critical ingredient of any good team. Dribllers sow panic in opposing defenders by puling defenders out of position, and thereby making space for other attackers. They draw defenders to them like honey draws bees, almost transfixed, oopening up channles for their colleagues to race into.

We no longer have such players because the agents who trade our players in europe are looking for the next big, functional physical star to flog to mechanical Premiership teams. the next Drogba, Essien or Mikel. If Drogba is that good outside the premier league why doesn't he do it for Ivory Coast
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 7footre(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2012
Obi my brother!
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Saintsquare(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2012
odumorun 1: Which goals did he score and when.

and let us even assume that is true, which I don't belive, 2 goals in 7 years is what you call a good return for a man whose creative instinct once put on the same platform as the great Lionel Messi.

Come on - let us look at the larger picture here. A man who has no assisits in the premier league - is he going to lead us anywhere at a world cup. What has he learned at Chelsea in the last 7 years. He has regressed and very badly. People who know nothing about football lampoon those of us who they say want dribblers. Mention any player who has won the world player of the year over the last 20 years wjho was not a dribbler. Far from being, some aesthetic extra it is a critical ingredient of any good team. Dribllers sow panic in opposing defenders by puling defenders out of position, and thereby making space for other attackers. They draw defenders to them like honey draws bees, almost transfixed, oopening up channles for their colleagues to race into.

We no longer have such players because the agents who trade our players in europe are looking for the next big, functional physical star to flog to mechanical Premiership teams. the next Drogba, Essien or Mikel. If Drogba is that good outside the premier league why doesn't he do it for Ivory Coast
Mikel scored against Macclesfield Town on Jan 6 2007 in an FA CUP match and later went on 2 score against Nottingham Forest.He mite not have helped his National team with all the experience instilled in him at Chelsea.George Weah with all his experiance couldnt help his National team.Mikel is not the only Nigerian player in England,but faces a lot of critics.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by 7footre(m): 4:43pm On May 21, 2012
Mr man! Fabio cannavaro won it and I can dribble more than he can! Football is not played on paper get on d field of play
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by obigin43(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2012
take it or leave it...mikel is not a stricker and cfc re not complaining about his scoring ability so why u bad belle come dey vex for the guy?if em no sabi is left to chelsea to decide on what to do with em cos they re the one paying his salary not u guys abeg make una free the guy jor
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by sholatech(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2012
John Mikel Obi was excellent. Definitely 9/10..
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by fortyfeet(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2012
ismhab: Very poor performance.
you see, chelsea was tactically defensive in that match, if mikel hadn't a good day, more damages would have been done. this by all standards means mikel did very well. i give him 75%.
Re: Rate Mikel Obi's Performance In The Champions League Final by Sike(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2012
8/10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Nottingham Forest: Carabao Cup (5 - 1) On 20th September 2017 / Dortmund Vs Arsenal - UCL: (0 - 1) On 6th November 2013 / Maribor Vs Chelsea: UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.