Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,504 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) (9676 Views)

Poll: Who should be crowned African Footballer of the Year?

Didier Drogba: 79% (149 votes)
Yaya Toure: 20% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by asidere(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2012
I think it will be drogba,yaya toure is a good player,caf should not forget to nominate john utaka of montpelier,emanuel adebayo,yakubu ayegbeni,mikel obi,seydou dumbia,pape cisse,demba ba,tiote and any good african player,they all deserve to be crown african best.who the cap fits,only time will tell
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by ZUBY77(m): 5:03pm On May 22, 2012
This whole Drogba drogba underlines why we Africans are never considered good enough for anything.
I believe the criteria for African footballer of the year also involves what happens in African football. Now tell me what happened to those Zambian heros who defied every doubt to lift the nations cup, defeating the same drogba and toure in the finals?
How about John Utaka who also scored twice to hand Montpelier their first ever Ligue 1 title?
Is it because Premier league and Champions league are covered more than others?

I dont see any significant role Drogba played over TOURE. I believe this votes are purely based on sentimental line and not statistics. Mikel Obi was there at the finals of FA cup and CHAMPIONS League and he played more games than drogba this season. We must reason well before voting.

3 Likes

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by digits: 5:05pm On May 22, 2012
drogba deserves it
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Tgirl4real(f): 5:05pm On May 22, 2012
Zuby77,

Where have u been? Haven't been seeing u in d Family Section sad
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by iykak47: 5:06pm On May 22, 2012
braxjay: cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry drogba leaving chelsea noooooooooooooooo cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
drogba is the best[color=#000099][/color]
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by dmahn(m): 5:12pm On May 22, 2012
Yaya toure deserves to be the Best african player............Cos he is the key point to man city success this season...Drogba also tried but his performance wasnt up to par
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Rastamann: 5:54pm On May 22, 2012
Give it to Micheal Mickel Obi.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Suntemi(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2012
Korrection:
Guy make we hear word abeg..na everybody know who Drogba and Toure be...You think say everybody dey watch football or sabi browse like you....I remember USA 94...some people in the same country were asked where the world cup is taking place ..to my greatest suprise they were mentioning Australia and Canada..that na America oh wey no every..so stop abusing people cos they asked questions....no offense just observation....

ZUBY77:

..and your moronic sense told you that everybody must know Drogba and Toure because Football is Rice and Water.

Guys, this is not the first time this is happening on nairaland. The truth is if we should talk about God, some people will still ask; "who God is?"
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by sagaloo: 6:08pm On May 22, 2012
1. Drogba 2. Drogba 3. Drogba
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Limaoscar: 6:16pm On May 22, 2012
Drogba noni
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by davades(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2012
DIDIER of course
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by kelvincoll(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2012
doublecross: be4 anyone comments on this....a whole lot needs to be considered. first of all, God has written chelseas name on the champions league trophy..but we all know they dont deserve it at all from the way they play. they are just representing the champions but are not the champions. Yaya Toure plays Good football and deserves the title(african best). Drogba on the other hand can not play good football...i admit the fact that he scores goals but u just cant compare him to yaya toure who happens to be the engineroom of manchester city.

On point, U took dose words outta my mouth Bro!
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Tattooboy: 6:39pm On May 22, 2012
rokiatu: My husband Drogba offcourse. kiss
indeed. @op Mikel!!! Y vote 4 an ivorian while Mikel was instrumental 2?
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by sosereal201(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2012
otooro: who is drogba and yaya toure? undecided
my broda and first cousin.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by bayulll01(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2012
doublecross: be4 anyone comments on this....a whole lot needs to be considered. first of all, God has written chelseas name on the champions league trophy..but we all know they dont deserve it at all from the way they play. they are just representing the champions but are not the champions. Yaya Toure plays Good football and deserves the title(african best). Drogba on the other hand can not play good football...i admit the fact that he scores goals but u just cant compare him to yaya toure who happens to be the engineroom of manchester city.
you are deluded toure better than drogba,some people are just daunce,chelsea dont deserve to win the ucl,go hug transformer haters
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Adexchelsea19(m): 7:08pm On May 22, 2012
sun_temi:

Guys, this is not the first time this is happening on nairaland. The truth is if we should talk about God, some people will still ask; "who God is?"
No mind dem,if they no sey they no knw abt football,why comentin on football issues!!
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by unbiasedjudge(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2012
[size=68pt]D.R.O.G.B.A[/size]
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by jcross19: 7:31pm On May 22, 2012
anyone that says chelsea don'tdeserve the cup is a bitch because 2009,in stamford we had more than enough chance to disgrace baca but denied the chance in dying seconds by incredible strike 4rm iniesta.nobody ever spoke of luck and denial of 4 clean,glaring and obvious penalties robbed by overebo no one says anything then back 2008 when terry missed the last penalty was that a luck to man u? Or what.hmmm does haters never blieve a team like Cfc can archieve that due to poor form of the mid season.joahn cruff,uli hoeness and any person from any part of the world that says chelsea never deserve it are crying foul because the team tip to win it, never near it.so,stop crying foul.nothing can stop drogba becoming african best.Drog has turn to legend in cfc.football is a game of chance,make use of the chance u have,only the incompitent will cry 4 luck.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by chidyke77(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2012
torchcurvenoni: please let us include JOHN UTAKA......he played very well with Montpellier to win their first LIGUE 1 title
good observation,Utaka and Yaya are in the same level bt Utaka surpasses Yaya in the sense that City has world class players to compare wt poor Montp who were in tougher contention wt rich PSG.
I think Drogba shuld get d prize while Utaka shuld be runners up b4 Yaya,bt CAF politics wl neva see that.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by gpovo(m): 7:46pm On May 22, 2012
It should be Drogba cos he took 2 trophies home.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by renewnaija(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2012
This topic is interesting.

I would have said Drogba outrightly in the light of recent events but if we were to judge it based on the whole season, Toure wins it by a mile.

Toure has been consistent, a key figure and very reliable throughout the season and one can easily see why City missed him during the CAN. Even when they got a replacement (Pizarro) his absence was still glaring. His versatility in midfield is every coach's dream and he gives you 120% everyday all day, & dont forget he can play as a defender too (yes, I know Drogba partially can).

Drogba on the other hand was inconsistent and only delivered the goods at the end of the season in the key games of the cup finals.

It might be a close call, but Toure should win cos as the award isnt based on a couple of games but over the whole season.

I rest my case.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by jcross19: 8:19pm On May 22, 2012
kelvincoll:

On point, U took dose words outta my mouth Bro!
on this forum drog has highest vote so tell me why won't he win it?now i know not all skull contain brain some are empty skull like mr kelvin,na wa 4 u yaya toure was an engine room 4 who man city u remenbe wht happen when tevez wasn't there then yaya toure could stop man city 8 vital point but sudden help from tevez made mcfc league winner.in all ramification drog dominate,in africa nations cup drog scored 4 goals toure was not there, crucial goals in champions and fa cup.if care is not taking drog will be 3rd world best but i can see super falcao in this position.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Sunkid: 8:19pm On May 22, 2012
Haterz of chelsea will die predityn our succes lyk octopus paul mtchew
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by vislabraye(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2012
Drogba may grab it. At long last he has won it. Good for him.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2012
Sunkid: Haterz of chelsea will die predityn our succes lyk octopus paul mtchew
I say Amen 2 that
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by queensmith: 8:37pm On May 22, 2012
I think drogba is winning this one.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 22, 2012
Surprised only one person mentioned the Chipolopolo guys that won ANC, defeating Drogba and Toure's CIV in th finals.

Drogba had a low season but obliterated by two crucial final goals. He looks likely to land the gong due to those critical performances when it mattered most.

The Top 5 should look like:

1, Drogba
2, Toure
3, Christopher Katongo (Zambia)
4, Papis Cisse
5, Demba Ba

@vislabraye
He had won it twice before.

@Chydike77
Utaka can never make Top 7. Scoring few tap-in goals don't win you best player. There are other African players doing better than Utaka in Ligue 1, even in Montpellier.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Adexchelsea19(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2012
jcross19: anyone that says chelsea don'tdeserve the cup is a bitch because 2009,in stamford we had more than enough chance to disgrace baca but denied the chance in dying seconds by incredible strike 4rm iniesta.nobody ever spoke of luck and denial of 4 clean,glaring and obvious penalties robbed by overebo no one says anything then back 2008 when terry missed the last penalty was that a luck to man u? Or what.hmmm does haters never blieve a team like Cfc can archieve that due to poor form of the mid season.joahn cruff,uli hoeness and any person from any part of the world that says chelsea never deserve it are crying foul because the team tip to win it, never near it.so,stop crying foul.nothing can stop drogba becoming african best.Drog has turn to legend in cfc.football is a game of chance,make use of the chance u have,only the incompitent will cry 4 luck.
Is lik they only moan when it is about chelsea,we played dirty football,i wil t8k that over beautiful football if it guarantee success.All the haters should stop cryin bcs chelsea won the CL,we ve ben unlucky b4 and it wnt b a crime if we re lucky this time.Morinho aproach against this same team wen inter played them in 2010 is 2 sit back and hit them on counter attack,so y all this talk,chelsea re the champions of europe just t8k that or go hug a transformer!
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by REMMEI(m): 8:48pm On May 22, 2012
'TIS SO HILARIOUS TA SEE SOME GOATZ HATING UNNECESSARILY ON CHELSEA FC..CAN YOU DO UR FAMILY A FAVOUR HATERS..FIND AN OPEN SEWAGE IN UR AREA AND JOYFULLY DIVE IN OR BETTER STILL TAKE A RIDE TA THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE AND HELP UR MISERABLE LIFE BY JUMPING INTA THAT CLEAN AND TREATED WATER..

I KNW SOME OF YOU ARE GONNA BE HOPING MIKEL IS DEAD BY NOW COS HIS ACHIEVEMENT NOW SURPASSES UR SO CALLED IDOL YOU DO IMMORTALIZE IN UR VARIOUS CLUBS..SORE LOSERS.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2012
Goodluck jonathan deserves it.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by timbros(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2012
chidyke77: good observation,Utaka and Yaya are in the same level bt Utaka surpasses Yaya in the sense that City has world class players to compare wt poor Montp who were in tougher contention wt rich PSG.
I think Drogba shuld get d prize while Utaka shuld be runners up b4 Yaya,bt CAF politics wl neva see that.

Remember that Utaka scored a meagre 7 goals in a lesser league compared to EPL. Yes, PSG is a formidable opposition that Montpieller did well to witstand but EPL is a league where every opponent is very tough and Yaya proved himself here, scoring crucial goals. I've never mentioned how versatile he is sef. He is Man City's engine room but in Montpieller u cant call Utaka that. Giroud is their engine room....Utaka just made headline cuz of the brace he scored in their last match to lift the cup.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by AndreUweh(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2012
Mayuka of Zambia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 19 Live Draws. / Are you tired of loosing to the bookies?? Then join the MAST team / Kingspredict.com ROCKS - Best Free Football Prediction Website 2018 Discovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.