Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) (9677 Views)

Poll: Who should be crowned African Footballer of the Year?

Didier Drogba: 79% (149 votes)
Yaya Toure: 20% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by jcross19: 9:28pm On May 22, 2012
r,enewnaija:
This topic is interesting.

I would have said Drogba outrightly in the light of recent events but if we were to judge it based on the whole season, Toure wins it by a mile.

Toure has been consistent, a key figure and very reliable throughout the season and one can easily see why City missed him during the CAN. Even when they got a replacement (Pizarro) his absence was still glaring. His versatility in midfield is every coach's dream and he gives you 120% everyday all day, & dont forget he can play as a defender too (yes, I know Drogba partially can).

Drogba on the other hand was inconsistent and only delivered the goods at the end of the season in the key games of the cup finals.

It might be a close call, but Toure should win cos as the award isnt based on a couple of games but over the whole season.

I rest my case.
why some people should stop shouting yaya toure,will be 3rd on the list base on their contributiƶn.i 've never see champions'league winner that never win african best but drog won two major trophies and scored crucial goals in both finals so tell me toure scored the only goal that sunk united in fa cup in last 2 season ago and that made toure viable candidate 4 the award then.but now drog will 63 votes while toure will only go 4 17 votes.u will see the results.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by bonetalk(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2012
Dada Adeleke Aderogba
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by kingsilly(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2012
Taaaaaaahhhhh...it Drogba all d way
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by mandsignal(m): 9:56pm On May 22, 2012
timbros: Drogba lifted the FA cup and Champions League, Yaya Toure lifted the English Premier League.
Drogba scored in the semi-final and final of both trophies he lifted, Yaya Toure scored crucial goals in the premiership run in...
In short, both players were instrumental in their clubs lifting those trophies.
This got me thinking, WHO SHOULD BE CROWNED AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR?
Please comment and vote...
Yaya Toure
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by MeGaStReEt: 10:36pm On May 22, 2012
doublecross: be4 anyone comments on this....a whole lot needs to be considered. first of all, God has written chelseas name on the champions league trophy..but we all know they dont deserve it at all from the way they play. they are just representing the champions but are not the champions. Yaya Toure plays Good football and deserves the title(african best). Drogba on the other hand can not play good football...i admit the fact that he scores goals but u just cant compare him to yaya toure who happens to be the engineroom of manchester city.

Guy na small pikin help you type this thing?
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by MeGaStReEt: 10:38pm On May 22, 2012
ZUBY77: I would give it to Yaya Toure.
I am a Man United fan and should naturally hate Mancity players more than Chelsea players but Yaya was the Engine room of Mancity throughout the season. Drogba struggled all through the season under AVB. He just managed to perform well in a bus packing three or four games. Now you cant base everything on that.

Drogba single handedly won the fa cup and champions league for Chelsea, and you are talking like you just smoke the wrong leaf...
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 22, 2012
doublecross: be4 anyone comments on this....a whole lot needs to be considered. first of all, God has written chelseas name on the champions league trophy..but we all know they dont deserve it at all from the way they play. they are just representing the champions but are not the champions. Yaya Toure plays Good football and deserves the title(african best). Drogba on the other hand can not play good football...i admit the fact that he scores goals but u just cant compare him to yaya toure who happens to be the engineroom of manchester city.
olodo
almost all trophies thjat chelsea has won (12) since drogba got there,he had a major hand in winning them,yaya just play 1 season and u are already shouting,or are u one of those new city supporters?
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 22, 2012
renewnaija: This topic is interesting.

I would have said Drogba outrightly in the light of recent events but if we were to judge it based on the whole season, Toure wins it by a mile.

Toure has been consistent, a key figure and very reliable throughout the season and one can easily see why City missed him during the CAN. Even when they got a replacement (Pizarro) his absence was still glaring. His versatility in midfield is every coach's dream and he gives you 120% everyday all day, & dont forget he can play as a defender too (yes, I know Drogba partially can).

Drogba on the other hand was inconsistent and only delivered the goods at the end of the season in the key games of the cup finals.

It might be a close call, but Toure should win cos as the award isnt based on a couple of games but over the whole season.

I rest my case.
did toure not play during the ucl tpourney and fa cup?if he was that good they would have won UCL and FA cup
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by afrodoc(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2012
neither of them.CHRISTOPHER KATONGO wink
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by niyitogun(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2012
I am a chelsea fan but I think the award should go to yaya toure...he's been more consistent and played more matches than drogba...currently the best box to box midfielder in my opinion.
Drogba's awesome bt has his moments when he's unbelievable...bt consistency makes me give it to yaya
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by ELECTRIFYINIMOH: 2:11am On May 23, 2012
@ DOUBLCROSS-wen u say drogba cant play
gud futbal i wonda wat u mean,canavaro won d world best not because he cud
play lik messi, pls tink bro-its al abt a player's cntrbtn 2 his team's
sucess.peace
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by ehizelee: 4:05am On May 23, 2012
I am confused on how to post in dis site
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 7:42am On May 23, 2012
u ar a hybrid of imbe.cile+fool
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 7:47am On May 23, 2012
niyitogun: I am a chelsea fan but I think the award should go to yaya toure...he's been more consistent and played more matches than drogba...currently the best box to box midfielder in my opinion.
Drogba's awesome bt has his moments when he's unbelievable...bt consistency makes me give it to yaya
u ar no chelsea fan infact u ar a beast of no gender, drogba was inconsistent during avb's regime cos he wasn't played how he is supposed 2 be played. Am just having thoughts dat u watch premier league, ucl, europa, fa, and carling wid ur fm radio....fool

1 Like

Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 7:50am On May 23, 2012
milehigh06:
did toure not play during the ucl tpourney and fa cup?if he was that good they would have won UCL and FA cup
on point bro.... Dat guy is a bastard
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 7:56am On May 23, 2012
ZUBY77: This whole Drogba drogba underlines why we Africans are never considered good enough for anything.
I believe the criteria for African footballer of the year also involves what happens in African football. Now tell me what happened to those Zambian heros who defied every doubt to lift the nations cup, defeating the same drogba and toure in the finals?
How about John Utaka who also scored twice to hand Montpelier their first ever Ligue 1 title?
Is it because Premier league and Champions league are covered more than others?

I dont see any significant role Drogba played over TOURE. I believe this votes are purely based on sentimental line and not statistics. Mikel Obi was there at the finals of FA cup and CHAMPIONS League and he played more games than drogba this season. We must reason well before voting.
If not for how ur name sounds, i would have confirmed u wer born through abortion idiot
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 7:59am On May 23, 2012
kelvincoll:

On point, U took dose words outta my mouth Bro!
he will still take it inside ur anus....F.AG.....
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 8:03am On May 23, 2012
jcross19: anyone that says chelsea don'tdeserve the cup is a bitch because 2009,in stamford we had more than enough chance to disgrace baca but denied the chance in dying seconds by incredible strike 4rm iniesta.nobody ever spoke of luck and denial of 4 clean,glaring and obvious penalties robbed by overebo no one says anything then back 2008 when terry missed the last penalty was that a luck to man u? Or what.hmmm does haters never blieve a team like Cfc can archieve that due to poor form of the mid season.joahn cruff,uli hoeness and any person from any part of the world that says chelsea never deserve it are crying foul because the team tip to win it, never near it.so,stop crying foul.nothing can stop drogba becoming african best.Drog has turn to legend in cfc.football is a game of chance,make use of the chance u have,only the incompitent will cry 4 luck.
i wish i know and have the resources to kill, d number of nigerians in nigeria will be like 251
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 8:08am On May 23, 2012
Adexchelsea19: Is lik they only moan when it is about chelsea,we played dirty football,i wil t8k that over beautiful football if it guarantee success.All the haters should stop cryin bcs chelsea won the CL,we ve ben unlucky b4 and it wnt b a crime if we re lucky this time.Morinho aproach against this same team wen inter played them in 2010 is 2 sit back and hit them on counter attack,so y all this talk,chelsea re the champions of europe just t8k that or go hug a transformer!
even if they don't want to hug transformer, they can open deir mama's pusy and pour bitumen inside it.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 8:20am On May 23, 2012
cyril83: Yaya toure ofcourse!....drogba my a.n.u.s
imagine Wat u ar saying, drogba ur anus...dat ur flea infested anus is wat drogba is associated wid. Itz a lie oooo like i use 2 say and as u ar a chelsea fc hater and to calm u down just go outside, look for any distribution substation, open d input and output casing exposing the connecting pins to the winding. Now disconnect the high voltage side from the high tension feeder cable and do same to the low voltage side to the distribution cable ie d cable that leads to the feeder pillar. Reconnect the high tention cable but this time to the low voltage side and connect ur pubic hairs to the high voltage side, let the transformemr be energised, plz come around and write wat happened
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by dahdah: 10:44am On May 23, 2012
MIKEL MIKEL SHOULD WIN IT
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by emmakind: 11:49am On May 23, 2012
Good football indeed. Am sure you are one of the haters......mtcheeew
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 23, 2012
Although I'm an arsenal fan n I hate chelsick lyk mad, I av to admit dat d award has to go to DIDIER DROGBA!
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Midelilprinz(m): 2:15pm On May 23, 2012
.u wrote rubbish.u fink city can't do it alone wytout yaya rite.4 ur mind.drogba really deserves it.besides,is there any tyn lyk undeserved victory in futball,4 ur mind.u can move to d pitch and play.getting to d final is a small job rite.u beta rewrite ur comment or slip
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by renewnaija(m): 2:25pm On May 23, 2012
niyitogun: I am a chelsea fan but I think the award should go to yaya toure...he's been more consistent and played more matches than drogba...currently the best box to box midfielder in my opinion.

Dude, may truth sayers like you leave long. You are a rare breed indeed.

Wish people could keep sentiments aside and judge based on the whole season & not just semi-finals & finals.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Ter76: 2:26pm On May 23, 2012
Drogba
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by matoyeh(m): 3:02pm On May 23, 2012
DROGBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by aikerism(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2012

DROGBA NO NIII
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by VUVUZELA10: 4:27pm On May 23, 2012
The cap fits Drogba. QED.
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by babyboy3(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2012
Drogba lifted the FA cup and Champions League, Yaya Toure lifted the English Premier League.

Well as they say in England THE LEAGUE DOES NOT LIE!!!! you cannot compare the League to Cup games, Cup games anything could happen you could get lucky or unlucky!!! but The League does not lie!!! thats why Yaya Toure wins it for me, When Samuel Eto won the Champions League with Barcelona he also won La Liga that year as top scorer. Champions League winner doesnt mean the accolade goes to you according to history knowing that George Weah won African, European and world the year Kanu and Finidi won the Champions League for Ajax
Re: Drogba And Toure, Who Should Be African Footballer Of The Year? (Poll) by Highway: 8:55am On Jun 05, 2012
Yaya Toure is the man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 19 Live Draws. / Are you tired of loosing to the bookies?? Then join the MAST team / Kingspredict.com ROCKS - Best Free Football Prediction Website 2018 Discovered.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.