Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37522 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2007
@ayusman16 and niyi09

Please guys i will be out of office soon and will treat ur questions when i get back soon.

Thank you
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by damoche07(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2007
ayusman16:

Raahym don vamooose like all other HITV promoters like Urfriend (Maybe na him even change him ID to Raahym)& co! Even Damoche, my fellow gunner dey hide.
I am not particular about HITV.As Seun suggested,maybe we have to give more Nigerian companies the backing they need to survive in thet industry just like they did for HITV on the Premiership issue.I laugh when people complain about HITV spending so much on the premiership.Even China, a communist state with so much censorship and clamour for home grown industries are crazy about the premiership.its a global brand that cannot be ignored.The brand is popular from Latin America to the Middle east-these are countries with averagely ok football leagues.Here in Nija we dont have any league.Yes, we dont have.Some few weeks ago , a referee cancelled a goal because another ball was thrown into the field after a team scored.this same 'lovely' and 'perfect' DSTV fed us with the premiership till we got spoilt.Which rational human being will go back to drinking garri when he has tasted Pounded yam and Egusi.What am i saying?Any company that wants to sell in Nija must get the rave content of the moment-Premiership.

Now coming back to HITV.it seems we are sooooooo impatient to allow them grow like we allowed the GSM companies to.(yes GSM companies are not giving us the best.Celtel network was off my fone for almost 12hrs yesterday,Seun has a complaint about MTN on the home page,Glo is rubbish sometimes,).Here is my advice,lets support other Nigerian companies to acquire very popular contents and let them compete with HITV cos they will soon turn into a bully like DSTV.they will soon try to monopolise the industry and increase prices.i am sure of that.But a Nigerian monopoly is better than a foreign monopoly.Forgive my ultra patriotism. grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2007
My candid advice to hitv is to allow us to buy only the smartcard since most people already have dish and decoder.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2007
Just need the Ikeja problem to be resolved and if not, the turn around time!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by amaikama(m): 9:20am On Nov 21, 2007
How can someone compare lexus with a bettle? angry angry sometimes una dey make person dey vex. angry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by dekin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
i did an autoscan yday and discovered that hitv channels are now 15 in numbers. One dedicated nigezie channel and d return of hilife and mix no mtv base yet. Boy do dis guys just keep going in circles
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2007
just realised that most pple who support or promote them either are insiders or don't even own hitv. angry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 6:04am On Nov 22, 2007
crywats this stuff i hear about d time frame of operation. the time has notting to do with overcomming an investor. WHEN UR OPENING A COMPETITVE COMPANY, U CAPITALLIZE ON WHATf THE OTHERS DO NOT HAVE. or have you not heard of new copmany removing an older company from the market. it happened to ADDIDAS AND NIKE. so why must we never say the truth? ok can i ask this question? what the time frame btw south africa's MTN nd NIGERIA' GLOBALCOM. little right then how com MTN still dominates not only nigeria but AFRICA.
WELL I LL BE BACK.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2007
Raahym:

@niyi09

Hi Mix and Hi life will be back shortly please bear with us and remain proudly nigerian

Are those Channels living things?

Why all these hi this is back and hi that has gone out?

For goodness sakes is it not programmed by people?

Get the channels and tie them down with ropes or nail them to your platform if you have to.

Enough of this hi movement everywhere.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2007
Salvage
you are making real sense here.
the funny thing about these people claming to back nigeria up, is that they may not even be using the HiTV. they re using DSTV nd they just want to talk. grin grin grin grin grin
MEN 4 real i hate those HI this and HI that, it really pisses me off.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 11:40pm On Nov 22, 2007
kosovo:

Salvage
you are making real sense here.
the funny thing about these people claming to back nigeria up, is that they may not even be using the HiTV. they re using DSTV nd they just want to talk. grin grin grin grin grin
MEN 4 real i hate those HI this and HI that, it really pisses me off.

Lot of people are using  both actually. You just need to downgrade to the DSTV family or compact and that way you can watch the premiereship on Hitv and catch a few good channels plus Champions league with DSTV  and still remain at lower than the amount you would be paying for DSTV full bouquet

I want them to succeed but honestly, the hi things are a joke. Its only himix that is getting better.

Though recently they have run out of movies. Cant count the number of times I have seen a few good men showing in the past three days.

At a point I thought there was a glitch on my own and that I was the only one seeing A few good men so many times in two days.

Anyways, an agent said he has insider news that more content and channels will be on first week of December.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 12:15am On Nov 23, 2007
And that will be the prescribed dose for december.Wil still b the same OLD story(dont quote me).

Ladies and Gentlemen here is to announce the arrival of Hitv, o sorry Premiership Tv lol!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by DisGuy: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2007
should your customer allow you grow or you should grow by yourself?

kai they are taking Nigerians for a big ride, una dey suffer no be small, all these we need to support our own like they are giving us for free

I noticed most Nigerian companies can't survive without the govt, they are always begging fo more time undecided
Have you noticed most Nigerian companies can't survive outside of Nigeria wink

Virgin media started last year as a competitor to Sky Tv and trust me they are giving them a run for their money, i have never heard any employer say we are a growing company please give us time to grow
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 11:01am On Nov 23, 2007
they are using una money to grow grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by delegiwa(m): 11:15am On Nov 23, 2007
Kosovo, nothing personal but let me tell you what I feel about you. You are not a Nigerian!!! That means you do not like anything Nigerian, HiTV, Glo and any other wave making Nigerian Company. I know you are entitled to your views but do not come to this forum to insult Nigeria. I take that as a personal attack. I purchased HiTV and still have my DSTV and believe me when I say that I agree with you - There is no room for comparison!! I can now watch my premiership for 4k a month!!

But please, sh, up!!!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 12:58pm On Nov 23, 2007
@Delegiwa

I believe Kosovo has the right to criticise and make things work in this country. HITV is messed up right and that doesnt mean we should be hypocritical about that, Nigerian coy are not doing well at all and that doesnt mean we should fold our arms and watch them exploit us because of this "proudly naija" thing. Foreigner coys know dis and that's why they are taking adv of things. Let them wake up and see if we won't support them.

@Kosovo

I feel ur point ojare
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2007
ayusman16
THANKS U RE FEELING ME.
YOU ARE TOO MUCH grin grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by mrdan(m): 1:34pm On Nov 24, 2007
sometimes i wonder why we all refuse to see things in black or white rather than give excuses.
DSTV was already there before Hitv, did Hitv not know it was supposed to get its programming to DSTV level before transmitting rather than re-inventing the wheel and going to start at the beginning and having problems. is it not supposed to have studied how other TV studios started and then learn from their problems rather than going through all the problems these Tv stations have already gone through before.
I begin to wonder if we are actually going to learn in this part of the world.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Bigtee(m): 4:31am On Nov 25, 2007
pleas don't compare DSTV with HiTV. Hitv Started barely 8 months and they have achieved so much. For y'all saying their decoder doesn't show summary or programme schedule go to their office and get their new BRANDED HiTV decoder.

Observe before you make UNCONFIRMED statements

VIVA HiTV
Forza HiTV

People believe in you. Lets get rid of these SA people coming to take our money
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 6:59am On Nov 25, 2007
@Bigtee

So! I should go spend another money to buy another decoder Just the way them want me to convert my terrestial to Satellite?

Nigerians would never cease to amaze me with their gibberish statements angry

I'll rather give the foreigners and get value for my money than a bunch of thieves all in the name of Nigeria. This is how we breed and promote corruption.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 25, 2007
@ayusaman,

Pally, how you dey?, missed you guys ooh!

What's is this talk by bigtee that you need another decoder to get their programming schedule & info?.

PLS IF THIS IS ANOTHER JOKE, THEY SHOULD STOP IT, whats this nonsense all about, i think we've tolerated these guys well enough, haba!.

@Bigtee, pls give us more information on this issue.

@ayusman, i guess no positive development on the ikeja issue yet. i will holla you on phone when i come back from church. My exam was cool.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 8:13am On Nov 25, 2007
@Ilungunboy

Hey! Nice to hear from u too again!

It's good to also hear that r exams was cool. That's means 'owambe' is lurking around the corner oo grin

Don't mind them o, no solution to the Ikeja problems till now.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Mustay(m): 8:34am On Nov 25, 2007
u don hear HItv's new ad? cheesy

them really ditch DSTV o! grin grin grin grin grin

Fact is ALL FACTS ARE NOT TRUE
grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 9:24am On Nov 25, 2007
because they started new does it create room for FAILURES.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by vinalexx: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2007
guys our jobs are been taken by south africans and some people says they happy about it let take for example all mtn mass are frabricated in south african can some tell me what happened to our welders here
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tommyex(m): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2007
MUSTAY i havnt heard that advert oo,i feel they should spend more time n money delivering service for us though
Can u imagine i couldnt watch Arsenal live yesterday?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 6:45am On Nov 26, 2007
vinalexx:

guys our jobs are been taken by south africans and some people says they happy about it let take for example all mtn mass are frabricated in south african can some tell me what happened to our welders here

How dem take our jobs? No be Nigerians dey work for dstv, mtn and others? Ur welders fit create durable stuffs? abi una want situations whereby mass go dey collapse every now and then? grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 11:56am On Nov 26, 2007
when the come becomes the unbecomming.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 12:40pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Bigtee

Are you saying that for us to start having EPG, we have to go purchase another decoder?

Please explain this properly.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2007
Your best advert is your customer's satisfaction!.

They should forget dissing DSTV and concentate on making their customers happy.

HAPPY CUSTOMER, HAPPY COMPANY! grin grin

If only DSTV can feel the depth of HITV's customers dissaffection, then HITV will be in trouble when it comes to adverts.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Mustay(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2007
letz not 4get that DSTV also commenced operations with hitches too cry
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 4:41am On Nov 27, 2007
mustay,
because DSTV started with hitches, then our own HiTV must also do the same right?
but you are forgetting some thing here. can compare the level of technological advancement when DSTVstarted nd when HiTv started? never.
 SO what are you now saying? we should let them extort us just because it's a naija company? or they should go back to the drawing board?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.