Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37451 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2007
@ayusman, niyi09, ilugunboy et all

Hi all,

Thank you all for the praises and well wishes. I sincerely believe and know that HITV will soar higher and higher cos we have the plan to take Nigeria to the highest level. However in achieving all of this we require you to help kill DSTV's exclusivity on contents and some channels like discovery etc, this way we will make Nigerians happy and send the reapers away for good cos this is our land and we should not be intimidated nor oppressed.

lets stand up and take our rightful place in the world,like i say always say, "make urself heard, cos there is power in u" its for real.

regards

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by jayzee(m): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2007
@Raahym

Thanks for taking the time to answer pple's questions and allay their fears on HiTV.

However, i noticed that you are not replying the questions that have to do with content provision as it pertains to some FTA stations like MBC bouquet. If you guys could go though the efforts of getting the likes of LBC and ART on your platform (which incidentally are pure arabic), why not look into this, as smaller operators seem to have such programming with no issues.

I have been a subscriber of HiTV before it was officially launched and i'm really rooting for them to do well, cuz i'm proudly nigerian. But there's a time, u get tired of excuses and explore your options, cuz right now i'm getting really bored with the package. You guys have to agressively acquire new content, enter into partnerships with smaller operators if the need arises.

Let's hope you guys improve soon
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2007
@Jayzee

I am happy you are there as well, We must have in mind that one of our company policy is Anti-Piracy and we are strongly going to uphold this. I will like to let you know that its purely unethical to have any FTA channels (mbc, mbc 2 et all) on your platform when you re getting paid by your subscribers, and they are not cleared for this region.

HITV will only do what is right in sustain and proclaiming Nigeria in the right image by practicing what is right but not to the detriment of our customers.

All of the companies airing such channels are doing piracy cos those channels are not cleared for this region and that makes it piracy if we do such.

Boy am glad you are proudly Nigerian

That is why you do not have such companies (Disc communications, CTL, YAGI, et all)doing aggressive marketing like HITV and dstv.

Regards

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by jayzee(m): 11:07am On Dec 13, 2007
@Raahym

Interesting perspective. And i must agree, its time we reflect this country's image in the right light. Its good to know that you are striving on building a solid foundation by doing things right.

However, are there not stations that are cleared for this region that are not currently being explored? For instance, the Sky Bouquet, since you guys already have sky news. Why not the rest like Sky Sports News, Movies, Sky One e.t.c? Documentary stations too. I don't know the nature of DSTVs 'exclusive' arrangement with Discovery or History Channel, but aren't there alternatives that can be aired for this region? Cartoon Network? grin

People may have to pay more for fresher content but believe me, i won't mind so far the content is rich. Let's wish you guys the best anyhow. Also, how soon will all the content on the terrestial package be uploaded to the sattellite platform? This ikeja thing made me shift to the sattelite and i'm missing CNBC Africa and others angry

Thanks man.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 11:24am On Dec 13, 2007
Yeah, we can do all of this other channels you have talked about provided they are willing to go into agreement with us and cleared for africa. Ikeja prob. will be solved soon and all of you will return to terrestial.

Thank you for the giving chance and opportunity you gave HITV and we pledge not o let you down.

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
raahym,thanks for all the answers to the question but i think hitv needs to work hard to get more contents and thus win the approval of nigerians inother to chase the exploiters away.You people should please enter into talks with your satellite owners so as to give you more space for more foreign channels and also have talks with the owners of this channels to make them available for this region.you CAN ENTER A DEAL WITH MBC FOR ITS NETWORK FOR NIGERIA.
Please make the people at your customer care informed because they dont seemed ro be informed anytime i call them to ask about information as regars channels and content.
I want to ask if HITV IS GOING TO GIVE US ANY SURPRISE CHRISTMAS PACKAGE IN TERMS OF NEW CHANNELS ON THE SATELLITE PACKAGE. THANKS
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
@niyi09

Christmas package from HITV watch out for TRACE TV.

For now we do not have anything to celebrate cos we are yet too tap into 1% of the available market.

Regards

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2007
thanks for the info and it is good news that we might be able to watch trace tv this xmas
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 8:33pm On Dec 14, 2007
My perfect gift for xmas would be for them to allow me watch Arsenal beat Chelsea on Sunday if dem repair the Ikeja problem grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2007
when will hitv start selling only smart card?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by vowiski(m): 7:07am On Dec 15, 2007
hitv or hiv is all crap.
kosovo u said the right thing we need a heavy comepititor not these, '
if GLO had started like this they would have been HISTORY now
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by vowiski(m): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2007
hitv or hiv is all crap.
kosovo u said the right thing we need a heavy comepititor not these, '
if GLO had started like this they would have been HISTORY now
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2007
@vowiski

Its not all *total crap*.

Needs a lot more work to be done but not total crap.

@ Raahym

Its good you explained the issue about the mbc network.

Anyways, like someone pointed out, you could try to work something out with Sky for sky one and one of the sky movies since u are already getting sky news. That way it would be legal.

Am just imagining that it may increase subscriptions since one of the selling points of hitv was the low monthly subscription.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2007
@vowiski

I believe strongly that you have a mindset of being your own boss someday, i am sure you will experience what it means to start up a business.

if you understand what i mean.

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 8:49am On Dec 17, 2007
Salvage:

@vowiski

Its not all *total crap*.

Needs a lot more work to be done but not total crap.

@ Raahym

Its good you explained the issue about the mbc network.

Anyways, like someone pointed out, you could try to work something out with Sky for sky one and one of the sky movies since u are already getting sky news. That way it would be legal.

Am just imagining that it may increase subscriptions since one of the selling points of hitv was the low monthly subscription.

@ salvage

Thank you so much and we are already having a talk with sky on this.

regards

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 1:39pm On Dec 17, 2007
I hope the hitv talk with sky will materialize soon and please get mtv base on satellite soon.i am missing the channel on hitv
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by chychy(f): 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2007
na wah oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2007
chychy:

na wah oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hello chychy, do you have anything you want to say about the topic?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bodejohn(m): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2007
Raahym,
As much as i like your answers to the various questions raised i am not so happy with the way you treat the criticisms.
There is the saying that customers are always right. Some of us are afraid of getting on your platforms because of the numerous complains that abound.
As we all know that these things take time we also want to have valve for our money.
My own question is this? Can i get only the smart card and how much will it cost?
Thanks
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2007
bodejohn:

Raahym,
As much as i like your answers to the various questions raised i am not so happy with the way you treat the criticisms.
There is the saying that customers are always right. Some of us are afraid of getting on your platforms because of the numerous complains that abound.
As we all know that these things take time we also want to have valve for our money.
My own question is this? Can i get only the smart card and how much will it cost?
Thanks

@bodejohn

Sorry my brother you cannot get our smartcard only for now but in the near future. I must say that i have been in all fairness responded to all of the posted issues her and have no time been sarcastic or abusive about it. I am a straight forward person that believe so much in criticism cos without it, you may not move forward. So please try to understand my plight. am not only talking from the angle of a staff but also from the angle that i have people who are close relatives and are on our platform.

I believe all of this will be over soon cos its part of the things expected when you are starting up a project like this. already some pple said we didn't do enough feasibility studies but my brother this is a business that requires real time marketing and aproach cos you can never know your weaknesses if you do not launch.

Thank you and may the lord b e with all of us as a whole.

Gracias

Make sure you buy HITV corretc tv,

proudly Nigerian.

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2007
we want hitv plans to materialize soon.it is not easy to stay with hitv considering the standadr dstv has already set
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Raahym(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2007
@niyi09

our Plans will materialize soonest but you must also have in mind that plans do nt yield in a day and it takes time to make things work so that it does not backfire.

Thank you all for the understanding and i can assure you that HITV will not let you down.

regards
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Vickivicki(m): 5:44am On Dec 24, 2007
@Raahym
Can you please give us a breakdown of all your channels on either platform as of now,this is necessary for all to see how far the 'tiwantiwa' has gone.

I must commend hitv for their aggressive marketing strategies 'cos they are result oriented.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by odada(m): 5:57am On Dec 27, 2007
@topic
NO basis of comparism! Dstv outclasses any other payper view sattelite coy in Africa chikena!capeesh cool cool
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 2:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
i have not seen our xmas gift on the satellite platform.i mean trace tv
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2007
@raahym

How much is ur monthly subscription for those on satellite? I just acquired ur equipment in kaduna
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 7:53pm On Dec 30, 2007
I think it's the same sub of 4k except u've got the promo package that gives 1yr free sub
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 10:11am On Jan 03, 2008
Compliments of the seasons @Raahym @Urfriend and @Emmasweat!

Hope u guys had a swell festive season?

Any gist about the Ikeja prob? It's been almost 4months now with no resolution at hand. Ar u guys sure the issue would ever be resolved? U can imagine 4months without watching what u've paid ur hard earned money to install? Don't u think one has been patienct enough with u guys? angry It's now pathetic! Later, u would blame the foreigners for rippping us off when we all know that they took the risk to invest in a volatile nation like Naija.

Please u guys should do something!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by Egavlas(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2008
@ayusman

Is it not possible for your installer to try and push the cable to face another repeater station?

Maybe you should try and find out if that can be done.

When the installers came to install mine, I heard them debating on which repeater station they should face between V/I and surulere or even Ikorodu.

@Raahym, is that possible?
Dont tell me everyone living in Ikeja cant watch hitv cause thats bad.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2008
good news to all hitv subscriber in ikeja,the ikeja repeater site is back on.call ur installer to return u back to cable.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by kosovo(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2008
prouDIy nigeria, proudly shit,
i ve been here reading all comments and to say the truth HiTv arent got a PLAN.
soon i suspect Hitv would be HISTORY.
no hard feelings peeps
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 11:23pm On Jan 05, 2008
urfriend:

good news to all hitv subscriber in ikeja,the ikeja repeater site is back on.call your installer to return u back to cable.
That would cool if true cheesy But any compensation for these periods considering that we've lost subscription

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

BBNaija: Khafi Replaces Gedoni With A Teddy Bear (Photo) / Gruesome Zombie Scenes By Special Effects Artist. Viewers Discretion Adviced / BBNaija: "Don’t Call Me Boo At Night And Friend In The Day" - Miracle Tells Nina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.