Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Comparing DSTV And HiTV - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Comparing DSTV And HiTV (37532 Views)

Poll: I will rather subscribe to:

DSTV: 71% (118 votes)
HiTV: 28% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

Did CTL/Trend TV Just Win The Lawsuit Against NCC And HiTV? / 42 Fee Channels:-say Bye Bye To Monthly Subscription On Dstv,ctl,cmtv And Hitv. / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bodejohn(m): 6:00am On Mar 15, 2008
I think Hitv need to be carefull and clearly define their business strategy.
Was it established only to compete or rival Dstv?
What will happen to them if for whatever reason there is no more Dstv?
Who or what will be the standard they want to meet
I have not seen opposition parties/companies last a mile.
A clearly and carefully defined policy and strategy vis a vis superior channel selection & pakaging
will make then better than any dstvs of this world.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2008
Hi urfriend
I will let you know nearer the time
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 8:09pm On Mar 17, 2008
hi senga,thanks i will be waiting.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tboy81(m): 9:27pm On Mar 19, 2008
After rushing to pay my subscription yesterday so dat i won't miss Man Utd - Bolton, wat do i get today? The're not showing any of the matches angry angry angry angry angry angry angry, not even the Tottenham-Chelsea Match too.

I wonder wat excuses they will give this time around, angry angry, so pissed off!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2008
I think it is high time we start taking against this kind of irresponsibility by nigerian companies. These matches were advertised by hitv on their website, I see no reason why the matches were not shown. I will mobilise others to go court. I only paid for hitv to watch premier league,if they know they cant cope let them give it back to dstv. We dont care about the cost.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tboy81(m): 12:07am On Mar 20, 2008
They eventually showed the 2nd half of Man United - Bolton angry angry and relayed the Tottenham-Chelsea match later.

It's that what we're paying subscriptions for . . . showing delayed matches/2nd half

I wonder what the excuses will be this tome around? undecided undecided
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 11:20am On Mar 20, 2008
proudly nigeria? abi? ;d
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2008
hi all,see we nigerian are very good at complaining,not that u have no right to.but,u say hitv repeats too much,ok check all supersports channels from 1 - 10,u will notice they repeat the same thing over and over among the channels.mm1-2,go,mnet series,mnet stars also repeat the same programmes among them selfs.and not saying hitv don't have it's own problems,but pls give them time.dstv has put dp much mess in the system[movies,documentry etc].it's going to take time for it to change.for subcription,it's now far beta than b4.if u are outside lagos,send an email plus ur[gtb slip number,name of subscriber,phone number,etc ]to info@hientertainment.tv or adeolaa@hientertainment.tv.i sure u it will be worked on.also let me make it known that the reson hitv donot start the matches on time,was because they was no signal from [img]the guys that distribute the epl for the english fa.they got signal during halftime.that was why they showed chelsea game delayed.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by ayusman16(m): 7:48am On Mar 21, 2008
@Urfriend
U claim not to be a staff and u r carrying hitv on ur head. Are u a shareholder or PR officer? If u r the latter then u need to be sacked cos u r doing a very bad job!
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bayojones: 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2008
@ urfriend it is glaring that u work for hitv, but it is ok, i want to say here that hitv can in no standard be compared with dstv
1st i have been watching epl on dstv since 2002 and not a single match have dey complained of no signals for 6 years but in less than a yr series of matches
on hitv has been delayed or not shown at all, without no form of explanations or apologies, talkin abt repeatation hitv can show a match more dan 4 times a day
they really have no programme, now that the season is windin up let see wat ll become of them, they are really messed up,
no champions league, no fa cup, just epl and they hv scored so low in the coverage, time is wat i hate pple saying cos dey have a standard dstv did not hv a standard
wen they started, to stay up or in business u hv to surpass those u met in the game, that is it,but hitv is really bad, i had a friend in akoka, lagos
his signal was lost was 2 wks, he called and calledbut nothin happened and all of a sudden after abt 18days signals just came up, nd at the end of subscribtion period
it went withou no compasation, pls dnt compare hi to dstv abeg they are not in the same league at all
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2008
hi,no one forced u guys to get hitv.if dstv is the almighty,why then did u get hitv.give them time.right now,hitv has just intalled anew subscription software,meaning activation will be faster and also go off on the appointed date.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by badaru1(m): 12:37am On Mar 22, 2008
Hitv should stop complaining,that was not the kind of service they promised to provide when they came in. u can not compare them to dstv in all areas satellite tv,be it sport,music,movies,local programmes etc. They claimed there was no signal for wednesday matches,I watched man u vs bolton on fox soccer live,where did fox got it signal from? Stop deceiving people. Hitv came in almost the same time with gtv,check out gtv channels now
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by abujabooks(f): 11:27am On Mar 25, 2008
@Anyone,

What is the website for DsTV?

Can we go back to the thread, "Comparing Dstv and HiTV"?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2008
hi abujabooks,the dstv website is www.dstv.com. or www.dstvafrica.com/nigeria.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2008
coming new channels on hitv this april,discovery civiliazation,zee cinema,foxnews,setanta sports,and some other good channels i have not comfimed yet.this channels will be on a new freq. to be made known soon by hitv.also activation will soon be done via sms,online with a rechange[testing is on going].also with u pay at any branch of gtbank ur subscription will be activated automatically[also in testing].
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2008
@urfriend
i hope your information is true this time around
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by dre901(m): 10:42am On Mar 27, 2008
@urfriend
U don come again oooooooo. I hope what u say this time will come to past. it will really be good for Hitv, more channels and better payment options.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by tboy81(m): 11:22am On Mar 27, 2008
urfriend:

coming new channels on hitv this april,discovery civiliazation,zee cinema,foxnews,setanta sports,and some other good channels i have not comfimed yet.this channels will be on a new freq. to be made known soon by hitv.also activation will soon be done via sms,online with a rechange[testing is on going].also with u pay at any branch of gtbank your subscription will be activated automatically[also in testing].

Well if we're to look at 'urfriend''s antecedents, then we'll add some 3 extra months to the April he's talking about grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bluehorizo(m): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2008
@urfriend

We still dey wait for all the channels you promised us on HITV grin Sebi na you be them PR manager/Hops. Double wahala
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2008
this time am 100 percent sure and it's comfimed.dstv,hitv and gtv both collected new freq from eutelsat.hitv has even paid for thiers.as at last week they were testing the rechange cards.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by dre901(m): 10:03am On Mar 28, 2008
@urfriend
Ok ooooooooo we are showing and waiting, But on a more serious note i think hitv should get their act together because i know they can do well if they just can get their self sorted out.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2008
hi guys,starting from monday 31st march,hitv shall have a new promo which will sell at the price of N9,999[dish,decorder,smart card].N4000 for subscription and 5-6 thousand for installation.total N19,000.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
Urfriend
These seem like desperate times to me, what are HiTV subscribers going to watch when the EPL finishes in May?

Has HITV taken a complete transponder, i.e. do they now have two? There was only one free one on W4 and everybody seems to be claiming they have it.

What do mean "as at last week they were testing the rechange cards", what are "rechange" cards?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by bluehorizo(m): 5:33pm On Mar 31, 2008
senga:

What do mean "as at last week they were testing the rechange cards", what are "rechange" cards?

MTN,Glo,Celtel cards
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:16pm On Mar 31, 2008
hi senga,hitv,dstv and gtv just got xtra transponders from eutelsat.gtv will be adding g africa,g series,g kids and nat. geo. wild in april,hitv will be adding discovery civiliazation,setanta sports,zee cinema,foxnews, etc. in april,while dstv will fully add inspirational tv,tracetv,nat. geo.wild etc in april too.
when i say recharge cards,am not refering to d one u use for gsm,but the one used to activate subscription[e.g.mytv/trendtv]online or by sms.so senga it's not desperate times,but competition.paytv is growing in africa,soon we will not be looking at channels but prices.this april will be hot.so let's watch and see.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hi Urfriend
I am interested to know how can Hitv, DSTV and GTV all get a transponder each on Eutelsat W4 when there is only one free?javascript:void(0);
Undecided
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2008
Thanks Bluehorizo
We call the DTH cards CA (Conditional Access) Cards
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2008
hi senga contact eutelsat for more details on the transponder issue[or gtv,hitv and dstv].when i said rechange cards i meant cards used to activate[re-new]subscription.check www.mytvafrica.tv[click on online activation]then u will understand more what am talking about.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hi Urfriend
Thanks for clarifying the card issue.

I am asking a simple question, how many transponders will HITV have by the year end, surely they should know?
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by urfriend(m): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
hi senga,hitv already has collect one freq. from eutelsat,when they add their channels on the second,and the freq. is full,then they can collect the third one,so i can't answer that question.subscribers demand will determine that.
so what's up with the dth u are working on in west africa.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by senga: 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2008
Hi Urfriend

I think you have the wrong terminology HITV uses transponders from Eutelsat, not frequencies. How many do HITV have at the moment, that's all I want to know. As I said there is only one more transponder available on Eutelsat W4 when that is gone there are no more until next year, even if HITV wants to have more channels. It is up to HITV to make the demand for more channels because it is this that will drive the Platform and bring in more subscribers. The increases per month you were mentioning in the last two months they must be at least 100,000 by now!

Our project is progressing according to plan.
Re: Comparing DSTV And HiTV by niyi09(m): 8:47am On Apr 09, 2008
PLs Help
my hitv decoder has been showing scrambled since yesterday, is this a general problem or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.