Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. (1794 Views)

Poll: How do you feel about this new trend?!

I Like it.: 33% (5 votes)
Its excessive: 13% (2 votes)
Its bad: 13% (2 votes)
There should be rules guiding Mods: 40% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Seun Please Call Your Mods To Order / New Year.. New Attitude / Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OkijaPriest: 9:58am On May 21, 2012
I have noticed a new trend on Nairaland where mods delete posts with reckless abandon. On one thread, the Mods deleted over 4 pages of posts.. I personally think that this is slowly ruining the atmosphere on this forum.. In as much as I understand the need for orderliness and decorum on the thread, some of their deletions are very questionable..

Infact, I wonder why there are no set rules on deleting of post and banning of members on this website.. What SEUN and his MODERATORS need to understand is that they are not infallible and should be subject to some form of boundaries lest they begin to abuse their authority...

I want this on the front page so the Mods can understand how pissed off or how supportive Nairalanders feel about their new found attitude to banning and deleting of posts and mambers... angry
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by LogicMind: 10:07am On May 21, 2012
There are no rules
Moderators make them up as they go along.
I was banned in islamic section because I asked how I could resist yummy bacon and sausage temptation if I become a moslem.
I was banned by the christian zealot moderator jesoul after i made the mistake of quoting the bible to support my assertions.
when i called her out, she said i have not been member long enough for her to justify her actions.
You see.
No rules
Yoruba forum
Yoruba moderation
What do you expect?

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OkijaPriest: 10:52am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind: There are no rules
Moderators make them up as they go along.
I was banned in islamic section because I asked how I could resist yummy bacon and sausage temptation if I become a moslem.
I was banned by the christian zealot moderator jesoul after i made the mistake of quoting the bible to support my assertions.
when i called her out, she said i have not been member long enough for her to justify her actions.
You see.
No rules
Yoruba forum
Yoruba moderation
What do you expect?

If my guess is right, by now you should be banned and any second now, your post would be deleted... grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by thoth: 11:07am On May 21, 2012
that is what happens when somebody holds your voice for you.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by LogicMind: 12:26pm On May 21, 2012
Okija Priest:

If my guess is right, by now you should be banned and any second now, your post would be deleted... grin

Yes now. How else do you expect descendants of cowardice to show their bravery?
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Ejine(m): 1:01pm On May 21, 2012
The mods banned me for taking them to the cleaners on their partiality.
An idiiot posted a story from 2011, about a community fight in an Anambra village, and these clueless guys posted it on the frontpage o; and this was a story that happened in 2011, the mods are frontpaging in 2012. That wasn't enough.
A Nigerian guy was caught with cocaine cream, and the many primitive bigots were in there throwing their childish tribalistic slurs - no one complained or deleted posts.

But when that old 50-something year-old woman was caught with cocaine in her rectum? Come and see OAM4J deleting posts like a butthurt teenager on a chicken feed overdose.
And who can forget the hilarious OPC one where these mods practically had to lock the thread after the fights just got too epic?

These mods sha.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by PhysicsQED(m): 1:17pm On May 21, 2012
^^

In fairness to oamj4, he doesn't oversee the crime section where that "cocaine cream" thread was posted. Somebody later went through the thread (not oam4j) and attempted to 'clean' the thread by hiding posts long after they had been up, although it was not done competently.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by PaulJohn1: 1:25pm On May 21, 2012
I'm won't say I'm in support of the moderators deleting post, but do we guys really think about what we wanna type before doing so at all? Most of gives comments that we can't take from anyone on a normal day, but we dish it out base on the fact that there is visual communication. I don't believe the mods dare delete any post except it's one way or the other unpleasant. Just my own view.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OAM4J: 3:24pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné: The mods banned me for taking them to the cleaners on their partiality.
An idiiot posted a story from 2011, about a community fight in an Anambra village, and these clueless guys posted it on the frontpage o; and this was a story that happened in 2011, the mods are frontpaging in 2012. That wasn't enough.
A Nigerian guy was caught with cocaine cream, and the many primitive bigots were in there throwing their childish tribalistic slurs - no one complained or deleted posts.

But when that old 50-something year-old woman was caught with cocaine in her rectum? Come and see OAM4J deleting posts like a butthurt teenager on a chicken feed overdose.
And who can forget the hilarious OPC one where these mods practically had to lock the thread after the fights just got too epic?

These mods sha.

I asked you to provide a link of the thread and evidence that I deleted posts unjustly.

Anyways I see you just like mentioning me, continue if it makes you sleep better at night.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OAM4J: 3:34pm On May 21, 2012
@OP

Posts that are off-topic (not consistent with the thread title) and insults are the posts that are always removed. Sometimes before we (moderators) come online some posters would have totally derailed a thread going into pages. The only way we can restore sanity to such thread is to clean out all the off topic posts and insults, wouldn't matter if they are as many as 4 or 10 pages.

One thing you also need to understand is that, it's not just about the fun we derive from such thread now, there are people who might have a reason to search out these topics in the future, they will be disappointed finding out that the discussions on the thread are off topic.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:46pm On May 21, 2012
Finally, A moderator

So, tell us on what grounds and by what rules do people get banned...

FYI

My User I.Ds;

Okija_juju
Mmuo Okija
Okija Priest

Are all banned!!

If there is a log somewhere, check it and see how I got banned and tell me if you mods havent started abusing your powers!!
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by jmaine: 3:48pm On May 21, 2012
lol . .Spirit of Okija . . cheesy. . .abeg which MOD dey use bulala pursue my man angry . . .
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine: lol . .Spirit of Okija . . cheesy. . .abeg which MOD dey use bulala pursue my man angry . . .

Bros!! Since the mods have learnt how to ban without reason, like the phoenix, we have also learnt how not to die, but multiply!! grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Afam4eva(m): 3:56pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine: lol . .Spirit of Okija . . cheesy. . .abeg which MOD dey use bulala pursue my man angry . . .
lmao

@post
I think the MODS should have rules and guidelines guiding them. It's not right for MODS to go banning people with reckless abandon.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OAM4J: 3:59pm On May 21, 2012
Spirit of Okija: Finally, A moderator

So, tell us on what grounds and by what rules do people get banned...

FYI

My User I.Ds;

Okija_juju
Mmuo Okija
Okija Priest

Are all banned!!

If there is a log somewhere, check it and see how I got banned and tell me if you mods havent started abusing your powers!!

Maot times you were banned for tribal insults, turning a thread tribal thereby derailing the thread. These often constitute a nuisance to the thread and trust me it is not fun cleaning out these threads; many times we are forced to read through hundreds of posts to know which is off topic and which is not.

My advice: Stop it, you can make your point without throwing insults, everything is not tribal. People don't do bad things because of their ethnicity but because they are bad as an individual. There are good and bad people from every ethnic and race.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by aljharem(m): 4:02pm On May 21, 2012
LOL @ spirit of Okija grin grin grin grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:07pm On May 21, 2012
OAM4J:

Maot times you were banned for tribal insults, turning a thread tribal thereby derailing the thread. These often constitute a nuisance to the thread and trust me it is not fun cleaning out these threads; many times we are forced to read through hundreds of posts to know which is off topic and which is not.

My advice: Stop it, you can make your point without throwing insults, everything is not tribal. People don't do bad things because of their ethnicity but because they are bad as an individual. There are good and bad people from every ethnic and race.

I cant argue with that but then again, that why we have the discretion of disregarding posts...

190, Mr Cork and a few others in romance section for example turn every thread into something that has to do with bashing Nigerian woman.. Yet he dosent get banned nor does his posts get deleted.. Infact, he has been accepted for who he is..

Dayokanu, Rhino and Bluetooth are known Yoruba bigots who find a way of turning every thread with a slight Igbo theme into an igbo bashing thread... I have gotten to understand that they just do it for the hell of it and not out of any genuine hatred for Igbos.. Infact, I look forward to some of their posts atimes.. But when the mods cant separate or differentiate between simple spats and real fights, then there lies the pronblem..

So I got banned today.. I didnt even mention any tribe.. I avoided calling any names but still yet, my post got deleted and I got banned..

I think that the rules on Nairaland need to be clearly spelt out so we the users can know what to and not to to do..

And I also think cortesy demands that you also tell the User his or her offnce for which they were banned...
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:08pm On May 21, 2012
alj harem: LOL @ spirit of Okija grin grin grin grin

Dude no dey laugh my name o!! angry
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by aljharem(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Dude no dey laugh my name o!! angry

bros which kia name you get sef grin grin grin grin grin Spirit of Okija

No be only spirit of Okija, you for use "Usu"(bat) if Okija grin grin

you be akpukpo alj harem
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by LogicMind: 5:47pm On May 21, 2012
OAM4J: @OP

Posts that are off-topic (not consistent with the thread title) and insults are the posts that are always removed. Sometimes before we (moderators) come online some posters would have totally derailed a thread going into pages. The only way we can restore sanity to such thread is to clean out all the off topic posts and insults, wouldn't matter if they are as many as 4 or 10 pages.

One thing you also need to understand is that, it's not just about the fun we derive from such thread now, there are people who might have a reason to search out these topics in the future, they will be disappointed finding out that the discussions on the thread are off topic.

see justification
we may not have fun now in case future searchers get disappointed.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by LogicMind: 5:49pm On May 21, 2012
OAM4J:

That is your opinion. Why impose it on everybody?

I for one believe that behaviour is linked to ethnicity. Should i keep this belief silent to make you happy?
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Ejine(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2012
OAM4J:

I asked you to provide a link of the thread and evidence that I deleted posts unjustly.

Anyways I see you just like mentioning me, continue if it makes you sleep better at night.

For starters even, why did you delete my post on the SABMiller thread, when I was neither attacking anyone nor quoting any attacks from anyone?

Oh, and HOW am I supposed to post evidence of deleted comments, when they HAVE been deleted? Are you high?
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné:

For starters even, why did you delete my post on the SABMiller thread, when I was neither attacking anyone nor quoting any attacks from anyone?

Oh, and HOW am I supposed to post evidence of deleted comments, when they HAVE been deleted? Are you high?
OMG where is SABMiller in Naija shocked This environment is looking promising for beer-lovers like us
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Ejine(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
OMG where is SABMiller in Naija shocked This environment is looking promising for beer-lovers like us

Broda, e dey for Onitsha o! They opened a 100 million dollar factory there.
So you can imagine how pisssed off I was when I was almost tasting the beer in my mouth from reading the thread only for these tribalists to come ruin the groove for me angry
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:14pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné:

Broda, e dey for Onitsha o! They opened a 100 million dollar factory there.
So you can imagine how pisssed off I was when I was almost tasting the beer in my mouth from reading the thread only for these tribalists to come ruin the groove for me angry
I was starting to tire of Naija beer sef - apart from Gulder and Guiness, it is a good thing,more jobs, more education scholarships, more clear-thinking, more everything good. it is a wonder Boko-Haram have not bombed KD brewery - Who nor like beta thing grin grin grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by AnotherOkija: 7:21pm On May 21, 2012
Congratulations....

I just got banned again!!

This is fast turning into a game of cat and mouse....

By Christmas.. My User I.D might just be "Abeg free Okija".... grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Afam4eva(m): 7:25pm On May 21, 2012
lol@Another_Okija. What's left?
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by OAM4J: 7:28pm On May 21, 2012
Ejiné:

I asked you to produce the thread link so that I and other moderators can find out which posts were hid, who hid it and if the hidden posts were justified (hidden posts and the moderating log are visible to moderators). I cannot remember cleaning the thread you are talking about (though its also possible I responded to some reports on the thread, am not sure). I thought you have a prove I hid your posts, cos I wondered how you came to the conclusion the post were hidden by me. At least 4 people can hid posts in politics section, wondered why you concluded it is me.

On SABMiller thread, I hid all the posts discussing rice mills in SW and SE. Those are off-topic posts. The thread is about SABMiller brewery and not about which zone produce the most rice.
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by jmaine: 7:32pm On May 21, 2012
afam4eva: lol@Another_Okija. What's left?

[size=18pt]Okija_Again[/size] . . . grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On May 21, 2012
jmaine:

[size=18pt]Okija_Again[/size] . . . grin
lmao grin grin grin
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by aljharem(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2012
LOL grin grin grin grin grin Another Okija LMAO !!!!
Re: NAIRALANDERS:: Whats Your Take On The New Attitude Of Mods To Deleting Posts.. by deaconfrost: 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
OAM4J:

@OAM4J - I really appreciate your honesty, really do. Am from one of the ethnic groups and am not complaining at all when I see comments dissing my tribe. It doesn't stick to my skin. I believe we are all mature and this dissing should really stop. our forefathers got it wrong, should we follow same footsteps? No. Ok let me ask all of us: why do we leave our native towns in search for greener pastures elsewhere? We can't develop our lands by ourselves because we will be limited to our knowledge of our environment. even the Americans, Europeans, Asians come to Africa also.

all said, OAM4J & other MODS, before removing posts, to prove that you are not tribalistic, always ensure to point out to everyone why the post is being removed by commenting on the person's post. by so doing, everyone will see your point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IQ Test / Say No To Racism.. / Furniture Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.