Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

"The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles (54878 Views)

Splinters Of My Imagination {sex Stories And The Rest} / Chronicles Of A Housemaid / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by konklushun(f): 2:58pm On Feb 04, 2013
Nyc one Ishilove. I love d narrative, i just op i won't be posted to a village for my ppa since am a prospective batch 'A' cofa
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by semid4lyfe(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2013
Lobatan

Well done Ishi. . .I enjoyed the ride cool
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 05, 2013
The end ni opin cinema, thank you o Ishi.

1 Like

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 11:33pm On Feb 05, 2013
In The Beginning. . .

At Lady D's Indomie 'palace', the NYSC orientation camp, Ikare-Akoko. tongue

Girls were still smiling, and girls had hope that they would be posted to a television or radio station, or at worse, a school in the locality or township. How wrong girls were angry

The lady in red standing in the middle is Lady D. If any one reading this ever gets posted to Ondo state, once you get to camp look for Lady D at the mammy market. Her sumptious Indomie, egg, bread and tea kept many a hungry Otondo from starvation because camp food was AWFUL. angry

I took a couple of my toasters to her shed and helped them spend their camp allowee there. tongue grin

Girls were still smiling and hopeful. But not for long. angry

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by ijebabe: 12:50am On Feb 06, 2013
Awww, nice one Ishi.
I enjoyed this to the very end.
Well done smiley
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 2:18am On Feb 06, 2013
Ah!

Ishi moi...you in that pic?

Lemme guess, the dark girl with long hair! cheesy smiley
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 6:17am On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: Ah!

Ishi moi...you in that pic?

Lemme guess, the dark girl with long hair! cheesy smiley
Whhhhaaaat? Efe you wound me terribly. For your information, I am a lot more attractive than that SLIM girl. angry

Camp was fun. In this picture, I was with yet another toaster on yet another 'spending spree'. wink grin
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 7:46am On Feb 06, 2013
Ishilove:
Whhhhaaaat? Efe you wound me terribly. For your information, I am a lot more attractive than that SLIM girl. angry

Camp was fun. In this picture, I was with yet another toaster on yet another 'spending spree'. wink grin

Ah! So you're the other babe there eh?

See good life o! And some dey pretend say NYSC hard! grin
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by naptu2: 7:56am On Feb 06, 2013
smiley
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 8:13am On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ah! So you're the other babe there eh?

See good life o! And some dey pretend say NYSC hard! grin
There are two other babes there. I am one of them. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 8:58am On Feb 06, 2013
And the mystry deepens... cheesy
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: And the mystry deepens... cheesy
no mystery here. She's the one at the back. To the woman in reds right,I.e to our left. Her face is half hidden behind the guy in the middle.
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2013
brokoto: no mystery here. She's the one at the back. To the woman in reds right,I.e to our left. Her face is half hidden behind the guy in the middle.
I hate you. Spoilsport angry
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by naptu2: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2013
grin
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2013
Ishilove:
I hate you. Spoilsport angry
I love you. Fine girl. kiss
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by afroxyz: 5:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
Spending spree? Wetin una girls carry una money do sef? Thank God I did not 'send' anyone in camp. Kept it real with ma niggaz
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2013
afroxyz: Spending spree? Wetin una girls carry una money do sef? Thank God I did not 'send' anyone in camp. Kept it real with ma niggaz
For your mind grin
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2013
Enter The Place. . .

Kind Comprehensive College, Wasimi.

I vivdly remember criss crossing the large field you see on your screen in an effort to find the principal's office. Before venturing in, I had stood on the road where the driver had dropped me, mouth agape, about ready to bolt . I couldn't run anywhere because of all the 'wosi wosi', 'ngwongwo nigwongwo' (bric a brac) I had with me.

After crossing the large field, the first person I met was JP Christopher, smiling like he had just won a jackpot. Reason: it had been ages since Wasimi had had a female corp member in their midst. The next person I met was Biggie,aka Nedu, a batch B corp member. He gave me a pep talk while I waited in the staff room for Egi Momoh to be done with the PTA meeting he was chairing. The field also served as the assembly ground.

I recall the daily psychological torture I had to endure walking down the long entry way to the staffroom. With each class I passed, my heart sank lower and lower, until by the time I reached the staff office, I was practically dragging it with my feet. I stood at the door of the staff room and took this picture. The classes had no windows or doors, the desks would have made firewood sellers salivate. Their so-called science laboratory was made up of kitchen utensils.

The student standing and leaning into a window is Micheal. He was one of the brightest students in Kind College. His colleauges unanimously agreed that God rained down mounds of fufu on the Israelites in the wilderness. undecided

The blue roofed building in the distance is the community health center. The inoperative community health center. I passed by the buliding everyday on my way to school and I never saw a single patient.

1 Like

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by esere826: 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2013
its a lie undecided
Ishi is the lady in red. She owned the indomie shop
look at the bwest, it's how she described it
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by esere826: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2013
The floor of the school looks like it is made of marble
and the greenery is perfect
reminds me of Tarzan
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 9:42pm On Feb 06, 2013
esere826: The floor of the school looks like it is made of marble
reminds me of Tarzan
Do you need my glasses?

The floor is brown and sandy. And do you notice the forest in the picture? They served as my toilet for a period of time.grin tongue

O my God, the sandflies! The forest brought sandflies. There was even a cocoa farm behind the staffroom. A lot of the times the guys and I had to wear our khaki jacket and knee socks to school because of the relentless onslaught from the sandflies.
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 9:46pm On Feb 06, 2013
esere826: The floor of the school looks like it is made of marble
reminds me of Tarzan

Don't mind Ishi, don't understand why she's complaining so much.

Ishi dearie, I love that picture o!

What I see is nature at it's best. Au natural.

hmmm....I can almost breathe the fresh air...the smell of fresh earth combined with that of the abundant greenery...

Oh, I do love nature! I'm in love with nature. You're one lucky baby to have experienced all that jare... smiley
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2013
Double post
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 10:32pm On Feb 06, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Don't mind Ishi, don't understand why she's complaining so much.

Ishi dearie, I love that picture o!

What I see is nature at it's best. Au natural.

hmmm....I can almost breathe the fresh air...the smell of fresh earth combined with that of the abundant greenery...

Oh, I do love nature! I'm in love with nature. You're one lucky baby to have experienced all that jare... smiley
How romantic. It looks rustic quite all right, but beneath the picturesque ambience lies untold horrors...

Oookay, seriously, you won't understand my complains until you have passed through what I have.
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 10:34pm On Feb 06, 2013
esere826: its a lie undecided
Ishi is the lady in red. She owned the indomie shop
look at the bwest, it's how she described it
So na only bwest you see for the whole picture??

www.GodiswatchingyouonHD.org. undecided
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2013
Ishilove:
How romantic. It looks rustic quite all right, but beneath the picturesque ambience lies untold horrors...

Oookay, seriously, you won't understand my complains until you have passed through what I have.

Try me.

What kind of horrors? Sandflies? Nothing a good insect repellant won't sort out....

Or did you have something else in mind?
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by avicky(f): 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2013
Hmmm! What a Wasimi!
So what next?
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2013
The Staff Room.

After running the daily gauntlet of mortification, this is where I came to seat my ass down at. Aunty Corper's desk. JP specially picked this desk so that he could stare at me all he wanted from his corner. His words. grin
The other desks belonging to my colleagues are out of camera range.

On the desk are my bible, Brighter grammar (class 1)texbook, a packet of chalk and my student's files. I sat here and tried to puzzle out what the children were trying to pass along in their government, English and Lit-in-English assignments and tests. They wrote in diverse strange languages, and insisted it was English language. I.e Engli-igbo,Engli-igbirra,Engli-yoruba etc.

The bag you see on the white plastic chair is my 'knockabout' bag. The bag served me faithfully during my service year.

The desk adjacent mine is Egi Momoh's. His desk is the only one in the staff room that had drawers. grin

The desk opposite mine is Ubaneezy's. It was here he counselled the brightest student in the school,Nnenna, for most of the break period on the evils of cavorting with boys to the detriment her education. I sat at my desk and went into Aproko Mode, remaining at my desk and pretending to mark notes and prepare for my next class. The counselling session was conducted in conk Igbo language, so I hadn't been able to grab the meat of the convo despite the fact that my cocked ears had been almost visibly vibrating. At the end of the day, sixteen year old Nnenna still ran off to 'settle down' with her twenty year old vulcanizer boyfriend in Ondo town, leaving her widowed mother in despair. For shame. sad

Pasted on the walls behind me are photos of Kind College during better times.

Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 08, 2013
This your staff room is incredibly small. cry
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 5:55am On Feb 08, 2013
brokoto: This your staff room is incredibly small. cry
Not really. This is just a section, the remaining is out of camera range.
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by EfemenaXY: 7:22am On Feb 08, 2013
Ishi, is there a bank at Wasimi? shocked shocked

If not, then how did you guys receive your salaries?? And were these regular payments?? undecided

Also, would you mind terribly if I asked how much this was? embarassed

*** I know, I know, I'm a nose so-and-so, but I can't help it! *** lipsrsealed
Re: "The Place Of Rest" -Wasimi Chronicles by Ishilove: 7:46am On Feb 08, 2013
Efemena_xy: Ishi, is there a bank at Wasimi? shocked shocked

If not, then how did you guys receive your salaries?? And were these regular payments?? undecided

Also, would you mind terribly if I asked how much this was? embarassed

*** I know, I know, I'm a nose so-and-so, but I can't help it! *** lipsrsealed
Hmmmm... The nearest banks were at the heart of Ondo and Akure towns. Wasimi is VERY tiny. A roadside agrarian settlement.

Our salaries were not regular o, and we were paid cash because the salary was a mere stipend. 4000 naira monthly. All of us taught three or sometimes four subjects and we were still paid peanuts.angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

New Literature Scheme For Secondary Schools (2021/2025) / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Amaka The Lesbian..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.