Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731184 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
dabigbangishere:
I don't understand what is happening with South Africa Embassy. I think they are just there to reap us of our hard-earned cash through their visa fee. I have been given visa twice by South Africa which I travelled but I was surprise when I was denied visa on the ground that my documents lack credibility in August 2013. I tried applying again for vacation on the 26th of November 2014 which I didn't get any response till January 5th 2015. I went their and I was still deny with a very stupid excuse. I applied for a visiting visa and I was told "APPLICATION FOR WORT PERMIT DENIED" (please take note of the typo made by this guys). Now, why was I denied visa? I was told that my hotel reservation is cancelled. Why won't the hotel reservation cancel when the application was delays? Well, that is my experience and I want advice. Should I still apply because I was confused and contacted a friend who said they use insiders to get SA visa? How true is this and what can I do?
when you collected the visas twice did you use insider? No doubt insider might be involved but that is not the reason for your denial if you have proper documentation without having an insider your visa is sure ..The mindset that without insider you can't get things done is erroneous and absurd .Your last application you did hotel reservation without making any financial commitment so the hotel cancelled your booking .Things have changed now embassy now contact hotels .next time when you apply @least pay a night mayb R200 or 300 depending on the standard of the hotel they will give u a letter signed by the manager to back up your booking .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 6:05am On Jan 14, 2015
Thank you!
I did not submit SAQA. And also it depends on how your school helps you cos mine requires SAQA but the wrote a letter to the embassy telling them that I have applied for saqa evaluation and it is not yet ready at the time of my visa application. You can ask your school to help you with that but you must apply for saqa first.

Just make sure you have any other thing esp your police certificate and health insurance. I paid for 6months insurance and was still granted visa. 6months is the mininum but please I advice to pay for 11months cos I will still add to mine.
impactMAKER01:

Congrats Bros. Please did u submit SAQA certificate when you applied in Abuja?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by impactMAKER01: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2015
HankVoight:
Thank you!
I did not submit SAQA. And also it depends on how your school helps you cos mine requires SAQA but the wrote a letter to the embassy telling them that I have applied for saqa evaluation and it is not yet ready at the time of my visa application. You can ask your school to help you with that but you must apply for saqa first.

Just make sure you have any other thing esp your police certificate and health insurance. I paid for 6months insurance and was still granted visa. 6months is the mininum but please I advice to pay for 11months cos I will still add to mine.

Thank you!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hi. I've been having issues with accommodation. I need an affordable place as a post grad student of UCT. I.ve checked nearly all the advert agencies can't find any less than 2000 rand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
Kentrasso:
Hi. I've been having issues with accommodation. I need an affordable place as a post grad student of UCT. I.ve checked nearly all the advert agencies can't find any less than 2000 rand.In capetown looking for houses less than 2k?please ma raise your budget capetown is not Limpopo
contact your school international office they will help you out .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Kentrasso:
Hi. I've been having issues with accommodation. I need an affordable place as a post grad student of UCT. I.ve checked nearly all the advert agencies can't find any less than 2000 rand.

Madam a decent off campus accommodation in cape town (UCT environs) will cost you at least 3,500 rand.

As @samtol suggested, contact UCT International Office.

Best wishes...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cypha8:

Madam a decent off campus accommodation in cape town (UCT environs) will cost you at least 3,500 rand.

Best wishes...

Thanks.

I will go first and see the houses before i pay.
I have sent mail to int office. Is it still possible to get school hostel? Applications ended in sept last year
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Kentrasso:

Thanks.

I will go first and see the houses before i pay.
I have sent mail to int office. Is it still possible to get school hostel? Applications ended in sept last year

No it's highly unlikely to get school accommodation now unless you're on waiting list. Did you indicate in your online application that you're interested in school accommodation? I know that they allocated residence for new students last month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Please people ow do dey apply for saqa cert ooo I tire for der site
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Somebody please can this letter serve as letter for accomodation please...

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
Juwohn:
Somebody please can this letter serve as letter for accomodation please...

Yes! Looks solid. Just concerned why it's coming from your department and not the International Office. Otherwise, carry go...

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cypha8:

Yes! Looks solid. Just concerned why it's coming from your department and not the International Office. Otherwise, carry go...

You know officially, I'm supposed to pay ZAR850 as confirmation fee for Scul residence but i'll be getting an appartment outside instead so I made an arrangement with the dept instead..

But dis evening sumone was like dis doesnt cover so decided to post it here for advise before going to face rejection at the Embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Cypha8:

No it's highly unlikely to get school accommodation now unless you're on waiting list. Did you indicate in your online application that you're interested in school accommodation? I know that they allocated residence for new students last month.

I indicated but I think I wasn't given because I didn't accept the acceptance offer until late December.
They probably thought I wasn't coming again.

Does this mean I still have a chance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 12:41am On Jan 15, 2015
Kentrasso:

I indicated but I think I wasn't given because I didn't accept the acceptance offer until late December.
They probably thought I wasn't coming again.

Does this mean I still have a chance

If you didn't receive any notification, email them to confirm the status of your application... res@uct.ac.za

Don't forget to quote your student number.

Best wishes...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 12:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Juwohn:

You know officially, I'm supposed to pay ZAR850 as confirmation fee for Scul residence but i'll be getting an appartment outside instead so I made an arrangement with the dept instead..

But dis evening sumone was like dis doesnt cover so decided to post it here for advise before going to face rejection at the Embassy

Over to the house gurus...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
good morning ppl. pls how can i get an accomodation letter to submit at d embassy. pls dis is urgent.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 8:48am On Jan 15, 2015
abnice2004:
good morning ppl. pls how can i get an accomodation letter to submit at d embassy. pls dis is urgent.

Look for accommodation online through gumtree south Africa or property24 SA or any of these backpackers or better still pay for your reservation in a hotel. Do not just book...PAY even if its for a couple of days so you can be issued proof of payment which you will then submit to the embassy. When you reach SA you can then look for a place within your budget.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 8:54am On Jan 15, 2015
It is clearly stated in the letter that you will be saying at one of the universities residences. I met a guy who had a similar letter from his school @ the embassy in Abuja and his application was accepted.

Juwohn:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2015
Cypha8:

Best wishes...
Did you day R3,500?! Damn! Jah bless Gtown for us. That is for 2 months house rent in my crib in Grahamstown.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:59am On Jan 15, 2015
HankVoight:
It is clearly stated in the letter that you will be saying at one of the universities residences. I met a guy who had a similar letter from his school @ the embassy in Abuja and his application was accepted.

Okay Thanks sooo much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2015
Juwohn:

Okay Thanks sooo much
You are good to go with the above letter. I would have suggested the name of the Hall or Res ought to have been included in the letter though. I used similar letter sent to me by supervisor last year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 10:17am On Jan 15, 2015
pls a frriend of mine that is staying in pretoria wants to send me his accomodation clearance with police report for me to us at the embassy but my school us in joberg. pls can i use it.it is urgent.tanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2015
chemashie:
You are good to go with the above letter. I would have suggested the name of the Hall or Res ought to have been included in the letter though. I used similar letter sent to me by supervisor last year.

I tink they didnt indicate cos I wont be using the scul Res in the actual sense..just a cover letter for embassy...just want to be sure it will be accepted before facing rejection.

Thanks Bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
One more question plss... If an application for scholarship reads PROVSIONAL OFFER in the status wah does it mean?? GRANTED??

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
abnice2004:
pls a frriend of mine that is staying in pretoria wants to send me his accomodation clearance with police report for me to us at the embassy but my school us in joberg. pls can i use it.it is urgent.tanks

Please go and do your own police clearance at the appropriate place here in Nigeria and also get your own accommodation. Cutting corners will only make tings more difficult cos the embassy confirms everything you present to them.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifemiaji: 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Hello house.

Thank you for the wonderful work you guys are doing on this thread. I have a question please and know you can help.

I intend to apply to UKZN for my Masters by research in Population Studies. I just concluded my Honours from WITS but cannot do my Masters there due to funding.

My questions are:

What is the application process like?
Do I need to write a proposal before applying?
Do I need to get a supervisor before applying?
Do you know any staff member in Population Studies that you will advise me to work with?

I appreciate your assistance in this regards. God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2015
someone shud pls help me on how i can get accomodation confirmation in joberg.pls pls pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
ifemiaji:
Hello house.

Thank you for the wonderful work you guys are doing on this thread. I have a question please and know you can help.

I intend to apply to UKZN for my Masters by research in Population Studies. I just concluded my Honours from WITS but cannot do my Masters there due to funding.

My questions are:

What is the application process like?
Do I need to write a proposal before applying?
Do I need to get a supervisor before applying?
Do you know any staff member in Population Studies that you will advise me to work with?

I appreciate your assistance in this regards. God bless

Funding like hw plssss.....on d average Wahs d cost of M.A in Wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
Juwohn:
One more question plss... If an application for scholarship reads PROVSIONAL OFFER in the status wah does it mean?? GRANTED??

sumbodi plsssss advice..... Naa just like I dey see ooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
then for the proof of financial status can someone use a corporate account then maybe the company will Introduce someone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 10:59pm On Jan 15, 2015
'Provisional offer' Means you have been accepted because you meet the requirements; it is left for you to accept the offer or not.

You can use a corporate account as long as you have a letter from an executive/owner/CEO of the company identifying with you and their commitment to paying for your tuition/upkeep during your study with the said account.

Juwohn:
then for the proof of financial status can someone use a corporate account then maybe the company will Introduce someone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.