Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730898 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2015
yinksob002:
Finally arrived SA for my masters prog at wits university few days back. Thanks a great deal to TYPOP, Samtol4, Chemashie and other nairalanders for their useful advice and contributions all the way.

Pls let us all remember to be good ambassadors of Naija here in SA. I will always ensure I contribute my own quota in assisting others on this forum.

Thank you all and God bless.

Congrats... welcome to mzanzi and dont be carried away by wot you see in SA but feel the country and learn to stay alive and safe...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
samtol4:
Come and stay or visit ?while the following documents are needed .1bank statement 2.proof of accommodation(where you will stay ).3.Passport data page (of the lady)4.A letter of invitation . .She is your fiancee?have u seen her before ? .

Chei! I just knew you were not on his case yet. LOL.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shine1177:
Many thanks to the Pro on this thread for the DIY information. I got my Study Visa on Friday. Application submitted on December 23, 2014. Visa pick up on January 16, 2015. I'm heading to DUT for my M Tech.

Congrats. Bon voyage

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shine1177:
Many thanks to the Pro on this thread for the DIY information. I got my Study Visa on Friday. Application submitted on December 23, 2014. Visa pick up on January 16, 2015. I'm heading to DUT for my M Tech.

Hello Shine. Pls where did you submit your application? Lagos or abuja?

I heard it's difficult to submit here in lagos because of what happened at synagogue. I was advised to go to abuja so as not to waste time. What do you think?

Typop, chemashie and co, ur input is needed. I must submit this week becos I am already behind schedule so I need urgent help.

I also misplaced my birth cert. What can I do to get it again. Will it take time to make a new one?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kentrasso:

I heard it's difficult to submit here in lagos because of what happened at synagogue. I was advised to go to abuja so as not to waste time. What do you think?

Typop, chemashie and co, ur input is needed. I must submit this week becos I am already behind schedule so I need urgent help.

I also misplaced my birth cert. What can I do to get it again. Will it take time to make a new one?
I submitted at the Lagos Consulate and there was no hitches. The bolded is a lie.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kentrasso:

For the birth certificate, you can get an affidavit from court and it only takes like 20-30mins to process.... For the submission, its always strenuous to submit in Lagos but d advantage of Lagos is that you get your feedback on time but Abuja is the opposite.. Its easy to submit in Abuja but they delay alot processing the visa ( mine took about 7weeks befoe they issued me in Abuja and my friend that applied in Lagos got his within 3weeks) NOTE: That was last year, it might ave changed by now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
TYPOP:

It is simple bro. Go to their website and create your profile. Enter all your information and print the form out after completing it.

Go to the court and certify your educational documents.

Pay the SAQA fees applicable to you.

Parcel all the documents together and mail to SAQA.
some details are der am not sure on what to pit like the relationship status and the fiving of people viewing right to the certificate what am I to put and wherE who are the I want dem to get an alert when the cert comes out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 10:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
Kentrasso:

For the birth certificate, you can get one in local govt at the rate of 200 to 500 box. I collected one from a local govt in Ondo State with 200 naira.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2015
TYPOP:

It is simple bro. Go to their website and create your profile. Enter all your information and print the form out after completing it.

der is a section der indicating for mr to give viewing right to max of 3 people am I to put unisa or ow do u think I add ress dis issue
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:56pm On Jan 18, 2015
chemashie:

For the birth certificate, you can get one in local govt at the rate of 200 to 500 box. I collected one from a local govt in Ondo State with 200 naira.

Was this recently? I did mine as well in ondo but at that time I was still a minor so I think it was easy because of that.
And I wasn't born in lagos. Would they give me a certificate of birth if i wasn't given birth to hlin lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
yinkaabeegs:

For the birth certificate, you can get an affidavit from court and it only takes like 20-30mins to process.... For the submission, its always strenuous to submit in Lagos but d advantage of Lagos is that you get your feedback on time but Abuja is the opposite.. Its easy to submit in Abuja but they delay alot processing the visa ( mine took about 7weeks befoe they issued me in Abuja and my friend that applied in Lagos got his within 3weeks) NOTE: That was last year, it might ave changed by now

Are you saying I can use an affidavit in submitting the application? Will they accept it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:17am On Jan 19, 2015
yinkaabeegs:

Thanks bro. I understand you perfectly well. There's no reason to get carried away cos I have previously visited SA on three occasions. Thanks for the advice though.

Congrats... welcome to mzanzi and dont be carried away by wot you see in SA but feel the country and learn to stay alive and safe...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 8:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Kentrasso:

Are you saying I can use an affidavit in submitting the application? Will they accept it?

Yap.. i used affidavit for my visa application and it was accepted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Kentrasso:

Was this recently? I did mine as well in ondo but at that time I was still a minor so I think it was easy because of that.
And I wasn't born in lagos. Would they give me a certificate of birth if i wasn't given birth to hlin lagos?
I collected it last year and used the same for my study permit processing. Go to any Health Centre in your local govt to collect it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2015
Hello house.
Please I need the comprehensive list of documents and/or process required by a host to invite a person for a 3weeks visit to south Africa.
Kindly note that the host is a south African citizen who works for a government department and earns R16,000 plus monthly.
So what documents does he need to send in order to successfully invite a visitor from naija, and what what documents does the invitee from naija need to submit for application.
I'll be most kind if I get a concise response from anyone.
Thanks.
TYPOP, chemashie, manager007 n co., please help.
For anyone who is willing to help but lazy to type, no wahala but at a befitting link would be fine too. I just need the info.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 9:26am On Jan 19, 2015
moneyhungry:
Hello house.
Please I need the comprehensive list of documents and/or process required by a host to invite a person for a 3weeks visit to south Africa.
Kindly note that the host is a south African citizen who works for a government department and earns R16,000 plus monthly.
So what documents does he need to send in order to successfully invite a visitor from naija, and what what documents does the invitee from naija need to submit for application.
I'll be most kind if I get a concise response from anyone.
Thanks.
TYPOP, chemashie, manager007 n co., please help.
For anyone who is willing to help but lazy to type, no wahala but at a befitting link would be fine too. I just need the info.

A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
Your passport must have at least one unused page for entry / departure endorsements
A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
Payment of the prescribed fee
A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
Two colour passport photographs
A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
If you have children (minors) travelling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents
Proof of guardianship or custody or
Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa
Hotel reservation or letter of invitation from the person hosting you.. If you are getting a letter of introduction, tell the person to attach a certified copy of his/her ID, certified copy of his/her lease agreement and probably the picture of the apartment too to be on a safer side.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifemiaji: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2015
Funding as in, the school fee, because I can't afford to pay for the fee.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 2:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Abeg which 1 be SAQA? Dnt know if I need it. Am going to Aviation schl.

Someone plz enlighten me abt SAQA. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
bisi16:
Abeg which 1 be SAQA? Dnt know if I need it. Am going to Aviation schl.

Someone plz enlighten me abt SAQA. Thanks

[i]SAQA is South African qualifications authority that is in charge of verifying and evaluating foreign educational qualifications and compare it with South Africa grading system in order to determine the category your qualification fits in. Check this site for more info http://www.saqa.org.za/. Its compulsory you submit it when applying for study permit[/i]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
yinkaabeegs:

[i]SAQA is South African qualifications authority that is in charge of verifying and evaluating foreign educational qualifications and compare it with South Africa grading system in order to determine the category your qualification fits in. Check this site for more info http://www.saqa.org.za/. Its compulsory you submit it when applying for study permit[/i]
Ok.. Dnt thnk it's required for flight training, as I ddnt submit any academic documents to my flight schl.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello house plsss I need help ooo.... I just submitted my application today but d lady der told me to.check bck in 2months....but even late registration in my scul ends Feb 9...any suggestion as to what I can do?? or can my dept in S.A speed up d application or what do I do plsss

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
Juwohn:
Hello house plsss I need help ooo.... I just submitted my application today but d lady der told me to.check bck in 2months....but even late registration in my scul ends Feb 9...any suggestion as to what I can do?? or can my dept in S.A speed up d application or what do I do plsss
You submitted in Abuja?.Lagos takes two weeks .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 4:47am On Jan 20, 2015
yinkaabeegs:

A passport or travel document valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit
Your passport must have at least one unused page for entry / departure endorsements
A completed Form BI-84 (application for a visa)
Payment of the prescribed fee
A yellow-fever vaccination certificate (if required)
Statement and/or documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit
Two colour passport photographs
A return or onward ticket if you are travelling by air
If you have children (minors) travelling with you or joining in South Africa, you will need to provide the following additional documents
Proof of guardianship or custody or
Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor
Proof of financial means to pay for your living expenses while in South Africa
Hotel reservation or letter of invitation from the person hosting you.. If you are getting a letter of introduction, tell the person to attach a certified copy of his/her ID, certified copy of his/her lease agreement and probably the picture of the apartment too to be on a safer side.
Thanks bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:56am On Jan 20, 2015
samtol4:
You submitted in Abuja?.Lagos takes two weeks .

Jesus! had to go to Abuja after reading all complaints about Lagos......did Lagos just start issuing 2weeks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:41am On Jan 20, 2015
Juwohn:

Jesus! had to go to Abuja after reading all complaints about Lagos......did Lagos just start issuing 2weeks
Since 2013 ,for visiitor visa Lagos is stressful but for study permit Lagos is the best place.I stated clearly on this thread that Abuja delay permit but you guy won't listen! .pele
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:58am On Jan 20, 2015
samtol4:
Since 2013 ,for visiitor visa Lagos is stressful but for study permit Lagos is the best place.I stated clearly on this thread that Abuja delay permit but you guy won't listen! .pele

chai! d onli tin I've been reading has been complaints ooo maybe I shuld ave asked abt dis earlier... but Miracle happens everyday yu knw smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HankVoight: 9:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Juwohn:

chai! d onli tin I've been reading has been complaints ooo maybe I shuld ave asked abt dis earlier... but Miracle happens everyday yu knw smiley

I was told the same thing when I submitted in november 26th 2014, came back in January and collected it just to find out that it was issued since December 15th. So its possible to get it before February 9th. Just have faith my brother.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2015
pls i need an accomodation confirmation to submit for my study permit. pls my sch does not have accomodation.pls it is urgent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
abnice2004:
pls i need an accomodation confirmation to submit for my study permit. pls my sch does not have accomodation.pls it is urgent

contact the division of internationalization of your school or your supervisor to issue you a letter of introduction stating that he/she will be hosting you pending the time you secure own apartment.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
I applied for South Africa tourist Visa on last year November and the Visa issued to me at the South Africa embassy in Lagos. I planned to spend my end of the year holiday in South Africa during the December period, but my mother felt sick before the visa came out and i don't have the chance to travel to the Republic of South Africa during that December period because of the sickness of my mother...So, i wont be able to go for the trip due the nature of my business, and i will be planning to apply for United States Visa in few months to this time...I want to know if i won't have any problem at the US embassy for not using the South Africa Visa on my passport...Please advise me!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drealsheggs: 6:46am On Jan 22, 2015
hello house , my name Segun Adekola, I live in
Lagos. I have National diploma in Business
Administration from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic,
Abeokuta, Ogun state, Nigeria, which I completed in
2012. I want to switch my career and go in to
nursing ever since I completed my (ND) program,
but since I completed my program in 2012, I am
been trying to raise money for the nursing program
that I want to go for. but all effort to raise the money
as proved abortive , as I am only able to raise
#100k which is not even up to what is required by
the colleges , presently my monthly take home is
#30k in which I have to deduct cost of feeding,
transportation cost. and some other indirect
expenses and I then manage to save the remaining
of my salary. I am using this medium to solicit your
financial assistance in any way that you can assist
me in order to make my nursing dream a reality
one . God bless you all. À bien tôt.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
TYPOP:

Bros must I certify dem is the school certificate bwith the school seal not enogh to certify me and even if am certifing do I just collect an affidavate from court coveting all the documents

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.