Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731323 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 6:21am On Jan 16, 2015
abaeli:

I called Abuja office n I was told dat once repatriation as been canceled all can collect it now.

Hi people. the notice on Abuja embassy about repatriation is to general public. I went there wednesday to apply and got my cheque yesterday. To apply if u r in naija u come with receipt and passport. even people from vfs applied there too, nothing happened to my permit cos I will be going over any time am ready.
Day of application is monday and wednesday while collection is tuesday and thursday. 3pm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:43am On Jan 16, 2015
ifemiaji:
Hello house.

Thank you for the wonderful work you guys are doing on this thread. I have a question please and know you can help.

I intend to apply to UKZN for my Masters by research in Population Studies. I just concluded my Honours from WITS but cannot do my Masters there due to funding.

My questions are:

What is the application process like?
Do I need to write a proposal before applying?
Do I need to get a supervisor before applying?
Do you know any staff member in Population Studies that you will advise me to work with?

I appreciate your assistance in this regards. God bless
.You don't need to have supevisor since it is masters by research .Kindly download the application form,fill and attach your academic documents and 2-5pages of your proposal scan to the postgraduate officer of your field of study .Don't forget to pay R470 for application form .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:22am On Jan 16, 2015
ifemiaji:
Hello house.

Thank you for the wonderful work you guys are doing on this thread. I have a question please and know you can help.

I intend to apply to UKZN for my Masters by research in Population Studies. I just concluded my Honours from WITS but cannot do my Masters there due to funding.

My questions are:

What is the application process like?
Do I need to write a proposal before applying?
Do I need to get a supervisor before applying?
Do you know any staff member in Population Studies that you will advise me to work with?

I appreciate your assistance in this regards. God bless

I am not in UKZN. Hopefully, Sam and others can help.

samtol4:
.You don't need to have supevisor since it is masters by research .Kindly download the application form,fill and attach your academic documents and 2-5pages of your proposal scan to the postgraduate officer of your field of study .Don't forget to pay R470 for application form .

Sam, if one does not get a supervisor, does that mean they will allocate any staff member in that field to the person or how does it go over here.

I know here, it's better to know who you want to work with (even though it's Masters by research) and then send your application through to the person, including the supporting documentation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2015
abnice2004:
someone shud pls help me on how i can get accomodation confirmation in joberg.pls pls pls

Accomodation for academics or for visitor's permit?

For academics, you need a long term commitment, say one month at least.

For visitors, that's the easiest. Try using safarinow.com to search for accomodations close to the area you want and make a booking. Pay something and then you can use the mail they send as confirmation.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2015
manikky:

THANKS TYPOP FOR THIS TIMELY INFORMATION.

However, someone that just collected his repatriation fees in Nigeria told me that the ladies at embassy said they are not refunding any money after 28th February.....the deadline.

also i want to ask if it is possible to collect by proxy (with the proxy collector having the passport) this is because i have a friend with two sons and his wife here and would not want to lose that huge amount of money.

thanks

Well, I am still here in SA so I don't know how they will react when it's time to collect my money. I will know how to approach it when I get to that stage and I am not given.

I doubt they will pay by proxy. I have not heard of anyone that tried it though, so, it may be possible. Who knows.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:31am On Jan 16, 2015
samtol4:
A friend of mine and a member of this forum collected her repatriation @Abuja Embassy and her permit has not expire,infact she is heading to SA this week.I can say authoritatively that guys are collecting their repatriation without their permits cancellation.

That's so cool. But the thing for me is, I am sure I will need that money when I get back home and may only spend it here. I can rough it and still survive here without the money. Hence, my reasons for not craving to collect it yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
yansky:

Thanks a lot. Those people are thieves. Will try the booking stuff now.

can you send me the contact of the individual in isolo that did it for you? i'm finding it really challenging to get the report
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 1:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
i need to get medical report. someone help pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 4:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kentrasso:

can you send me the contact of the individual in isolo that did it for you? i'm finding it really challenging to get the report

I don't know who did mine. my cousin took it there for me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
TYPOP:

That's so cool. But the thing for me is, I am sure I will need that money when I get back home and may only spend it here. I can rough it and still survive here without the money. Hence, my reasons for not craving to collect it yet.
U will need to be sure at embassy over there o, proxy is not allowed at all & they said d closing date is real. So if is to av evidence of getting it wen u r ready. Try do do something
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
abeg make una answer me well. i nid accomodation clearance for student visa. how i fit get? someone said i shud book hotel and pay but hw many days will i pay for? abegggggg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
abnice2004:
abeg make una answer me well. i nid accomodation clearance for student visa. how i fit get? someone said i shud book hotel and pay but hw many days will i pay for? abegggggg

Contact your school international office,they should be able to issue a letter that you can present at the embassy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
Kentrasso:

Depends on where you are. Go to a government hospital and take the form there. They will x-ray you and issue your clearance. It is not difficult at all. Max, a couple of hours. Give it one full day and you are good to go. If you know someone in the hospital, even better for you. Faster process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
abaeli:

U will need to be sure at embassy over there o, proxy is not allowed at all & they said d closing date is real. So if is to av evidence of getting it wen u r ready. Try do do something

Thanks for the advise. #Appreciate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:05am On Jan 17, 2015
TYPOP:

I am not in UKZN. Hopefully, Sam and others can help.

Sam, if one does not get a supervisor, does that mean they will allocate any staff member in that field to the person or how does it go over here.

I know here, it's better to know who you want to work with (even though it's Masters by research) and then send your application through to the person, including the supporting documentation.
The guy should submit his application including supporting docs to the postgraduate officer and mail any staff who specializes in his intended area of study attaching his 2-4pages proposal .(Not compulsory).However ,once you submit your application including proposal the postgraduate officer will forward to the academic leader who assign supevisor based on your area of interests. In a nutshell you don't need to have supevisor before applying ,However some disciplines like Engineering and Education require applicant to get hold of supevisor before admission letter is issued.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:07am On Jan 17, 2015
TYPOP:

Big boss ....infact you don't need that money o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:10am On Jan 17, 2015
Kentrasso:
have you done it now?If not pm me for doctor's contact .I can't display his number here .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2015
samtol4:
have you done it now?If not pm me for doctor's contact .I can't display his number here .

Yes av done it. Thanks so much. I went to isolo and they attended to me quickly. I couldn't do radiology tho, will go for that on monday morning. I have the chest xray already. I hope the radiology report won't be as difficult
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
Cypha8:

If you didn't receive any notification, email them to confirm the status of your application... res@uct.ac.za

Don't forget to quote your student number.

Best wishes...

Apparently I've been offered accommodation since december. Am so happy. My response is late but I hope am still able to get in because I'm submitting my visa application next tuesday and I won't be able to resume before 4th February (I'm supposed to get my keys by 4th)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
Kentrasso:

Apparently I've been offered accommodation since december. Am so happy. My response is late but I hope am still able to get in because I'm submitting my visa application next tuesday and I won't be able to resume before 4th February (I'm supposed to get my keys by 4th)

Congratulations!

Do you have your accommodation offer letter? To keep your place, you need to sign, scan and email the acceptance letter within 21 days of receiving the accommodation offer. Don't forget to notify them (preferably in a separate email) that you have been granted an extension for registration so they should do same with the residence. Otherwise you lose your place to someone on waiting list because student residence opens on 2nd February and close on 4th.

Good luck...

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
Finally arrived SA for my masters prog at wits university few days back. Thanks a great deal to TYPOP, Samtol4, Chemashie and other nairalanders for their useful advice and contributions all the way.

Pls let us all remember to be good ambassadors of Naija here in SA. I will always ensure I contribute my own quota in assisting others on this forum.

Thank you all and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2015
impactMAKER01:

Thank you!
please ow do apply for saqa or please if u know anybody that has idea of ow dey apply for exemptions at unisa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Emasel:

Hello bro,

How far with ur SAQA,hope you have been able to get it now. Got mine about 3 weeks ago,now patiently waiting for my admission letter.
guy u got ur own in 3 weeks ow u do am please elaborate n which school is dt
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 12:41am On Jan 18, 2015
yinksob002:
Finally arrived SA for my masters prog at wits university few days back. Thanks a great deal to TYPOP, Samtol4, Chemashie and other nairalanders for their useful advice and contributions all the way.

Pls let us all remember to be good ambassadors of Naija here in SA. I will always ensure I contribute my own quota in assisting others on this forum.

Thank you too.

All the best...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Quailbirdfarmer: 4:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Good day to all Oga's in the house cos you did a good job here, straight to my question? I have a working class lady whom to be as my finance a South Africa citizen live in Durban, she want me to come down to South Africa to stay wish to send me an invitation letter,please what is the step and requirement I may need for getting SA visiting visa here in Nigeria?, what my baby should do to get me a invitation letter from SA in steps!!!! Please any one enlighten me regard to me question is an urgent reply please
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2015
yinksob002:

Good to hear that!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by esosa4real(m): 11:45am On Jan 18, 2015
esosa4real:

Good day yall, I must commend u guys! I thought it was only the UK thread, dat had dedicated helpers like these.
I am a practising doc here in Naija, and visited,uk,brazil this year 4 medical conferences. All the applications were done on DIY (Do-it-Yourself) basis.
These attitude I learnt from travel section of Nairaland and grateful for such knowledge.
Now my issue is that the conf organisers r hosting, the next conference in SouthAfica by sept 2015, and I am planning for it, but was advised by my close naija pals, now in sa to use an agent, even though I have all the requirements listed above.

They claim that d sa embassy in Naija will either delay my passport or deny me even thou I am going 4 a legit purpose. That they r quite hostile. Am beginning to believe it's true cos some nairalander said, dey recieve lots of fake documents so they treat Nigerians with disdain.
Please brodas, what do I do? Because the agent is confirmed and comes wif a little cost, which am willing if this embassy is really wat dey say it is.
Need ur candid advice, thanks.

Hey pros, my medical conference is in September, so when is the minimum time to apply since they say sa embassy holds passports too long? As I would get the conf organisers leta of intro from feb/march.
Also is it vfs like UK? Where is it and are there online forms to fill? Help me with the process
NB: I have seen the documents requirements jux need a kickstart info
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
Quailbirdfarmer:
Good day to all Oga's in the house cos you did a good job here, straight to my question? I have a working class lady whom to be as my finance a South Africa citizen live in Durban, she want me to come down to South Africa to stay wish to send me an invitation letter,please what is the step and requirement I may need for getting SA visiting visa here in Nigeria?, what my baby should do to get me a invitation letter from SA in steps!!!! Please any one enlighten me regard to me question is an urgent reply please
Thanks
Come and stay or visit ?while the following documents are needed .1bank statement 2.proof of accommodation(where you will stay ).3.Passport data page (of the lady)4.A letter of invitation . .She is your fiancee?have u seen her before ? .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
yinksob002:

Welcome to the republic dude. Great to hear you will also contribute in helping others realise their plans of entering the republic as well.

God be with you.

And hope you brought garri for the boys? LOL.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
olabanji88:
please ow do apply for saqa or please if u know anybody that has idea of ow dey apply for exemptions at unisa

It is simple bro. Go to their website and create your profile. Enter all your information and print the form out after completing it.

Go to the court and certify your educational documents.

Pay the SAQA fees applicable to you.

Parcel all the documents together and mail to SAQA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shine1177: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Many thanks to the Pro on this thread for the DIY information. I got my Study Visa on Friday. Application submitted on December 23, 2014. Visa pick up on January 16, 2015. I'm heading to DUT for my M Tech.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinkaabeegs: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2015
Shine1177:
Many thanks to the Pro on this thread for the DIY information. I got my Study Visa on Friday. Application submitted on December 23, 2014. Visa pick up on January 16, 2015. I'm heading to DUT for my M Tech.

Congrats... hope to see you in mzanzi soon

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.