Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728828 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
chemashie:

The guy is my colleague in Nigeria.
That is nice ....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:59am On Feb 02, 2015
yansky:

Yess just got my visaa. So I shd b there b4 6th

Congratulations on your visa. Thanks for offering to help. Please check your mail.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
I submitted my application on the 28th. To collect on 20th feb..
1. With this forthcoming election do you think it might not be ready by that time?

2. Can someone check for me if the visa is granted because I am back to abuja and I don't want to leave until I'm sure I have the visa and am ready to go
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 12:14pm On Feb 04, 2015
If someone is denied an SA visa in Nigeria with a red stamp on his passport, what does that mean?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ddaddo: 1:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
samtol4:

Advert Details
Recruiter: Jones and Wagener (Pty) Ltd Updated on: 2014-11-14 00:00:00
AA/EE: Applicable Contract Permanent
Category: Engineering Offer: Market related

Introduction
A position for a Civil Engineer (consulting) with Pumpstation and Pipeline design experience has recently become available within our organisation. Please note this position is only available to EE/AA (Employment Equity / Affirmative Action) candidates.

Minimum Requirements
Purpose:

Perform engineering duties in planning, investigating, analysing, designing, and overseeing construction projects, manage design teams, act as project manager.

Education:
BSc / BEng (Civil Engineering)
Matric results - must have a min of C (on HG) for Maths and Science
Varsity - Combined weighted average score above 55%

Training:
ECSA/SAICE Candidate engineer programme,
drivers license

Experience:
5 years in Pumpstation and Pipeline (design experience)

Skills:
Strong understanding of mathematics and science, critical thinking,active listening, reading comprehension, active learning, complex problem solving, monitoring, negotiation, judgment and decision making.
Must be able to operate Autocad or Microstation
Attributes:
Dynamic, self motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks.

Job Specification
Main Activities:

Refer to ECSA Policy Statement R2/1A for description of work to be undertaken.
In summary includes drafting, laying out, and specifying engineering solutions, making decisions and solving problems, using computers for design and detailing purposes, preparing design calculations in accordance with applicable codes of practice and standards, communicating with clients, supervisors, peers, or subordinates, documenting/recording information, thinking creatively,
organizing, planning, and prioritizing work, getting information,quantifying project elements, analyzing data or information, attending meetings with clients, supervising construction on site.
or to apply for this vacancy.

Other positions we have available
Engineering Hydrologist Civil Engineer
Civil Design Engineer

How may I submit an application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Greetings to everyone in the house. Samtol4, manager007, chemasie, my very own TYPOP I dey hail dem d bosses
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 4:04am On Feb 05, 2015
I greet u all my people. my school has invited my to our convocation dat is coming up April. I v got virtually all d visa requirements except for flight and hotel bookings.

1. Pls does their embassy in Nigeria accept awaiting payment dat i printed out
from Arik air web?
2. how do i go about d hotel booking, do they accept awaiting payment on this
too?
3. my company address letter of introduction to V.I office bt i got application
form from VFS oregun. which should i submit my application?

HELP PLEASE. GOD BLESS U ALL.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 4:27am On Feb 05, 2015
Growingboi:
I greet u all my people. my school has invited my to our convocation dat is coming up April. I v got virtually all d visa requirements except for flight and hotel bookings. Pls does their embassy in Nigeria accept awaiting payment dat i printed out from Arik air web? how do i go about d hotel booking too? HELP PLEASE. GOD BLESS U ALL.
I thnk they do, coz d lady that attended to me at d embassy told me to book a flight bt shldnt pay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 4:56am On Feb 05, 2015
pls have you got the visa now @bisi16? is it d oregun of V.I that u submitted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 6:56am On Feb 05, 2015
Good day guys,
My younger brother just collected his visa this week & was issued a single entry of 10 days Valid for 3 months.
He's supposed to attend a conference but don't think he can attend. Pls is there any implication & will he still need to book & pay for a hotel up to like 5 days?
Your candid advice will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:57am On Feb 05, 2015
Kentrasso:
I submitted my application on the 28th. To collect on 20th feb..
1. With this forthcoming election do you think it might not be ready by that time?

2. Can someone check for me if the visa is granted because I am back to abuja and I don't want to leave until I'm sure I have the visa and am ready to go
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tweb1: 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
I don't have the original Copy of my SAQA certificate but I have printed a scanned copy of it. Please I want to know if the embassy at Lagos will accept the printed scanned copy.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
tweb1:
I don't have the original Copy of my SAQA certificate but I have printed a scanned copy of it. Please I want to know if the embassy at Lagos will accept the printed scanned copy.
Definitely YES
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by J3da: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hi pllS I need help, want to get police clearance, was told to go to alagbon, can anyone help tell me what is required and if I can gEt it same day... What to expEct, etc. ThAnks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zyead: 3:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
TYPOP:

If you have the originals, addressed to SAQA, it is nice. However, certified copies will normally work. At least, that's what I used, and those I have helped as well.

Cheers.
[color=#006600][/color]

Pls bro, how can I pay saqa fee from Nigeria,so as to include payment proof in my percel
Thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
Growingboi:
pls have you got the visa now @bisi16? is it d oregun of V.I that u submitted?
All study permits are submitted at d VI office.. I haven't got my visa yet.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
J3da:
Hi pllS I need help, want to get police clearance, was told to go to alagbon, can anyone help tell me what is required and if I can gEt it same day... What to expEct, etc. ThAnks
Lol.. in 45mins sef. PM me let me link u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by J3da: 7:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
bisi16:

Lol.. in 45mins sef. PM me let me link u

I just did that, waiting for your mail. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
elume2020:
Greetings to everyone in the house. Samtol4, manager007, chemasie, my very own TYPOP I dey hail dem d bosses

Hi oga!

I throw salute too oo!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
eluquenson:
Good day guys,
My younger brother just collected his visa this week & was issued a single entry of 10 days Valid for 3 months.
He's supposed to attend a conference but don't think he can attend. Pls is there any implication & will he still need to book & pay for a hotel up to like 5 days?
Your candid advice will be appreciated.

If the conditions of the visa doesn't exactly state "to attend conference". Your brother should still be able to visit SA at anytime within a 3 month period. And at arrival in SA, the 10-day stay would be applicable.

Yes, he would need to book and pay for his hotel/accomodation. This is very important, else he could be denied entry into the country.

All the best!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
elume2020:
oga elume ...I salute hope palm oil is not expensive in your side lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 2:27am On Feb 06, 2015
J3da:

You need your international passport, a passport photograph and 6,500 naira.
You'll get ur cert in under 1hr
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 4:27am On Feb 06, 2015
Great pple of Nairaland, once again I want to appreciate ur contributions and comments that has really helped me. I thank God for my safe trip to SA ukzn Edgewood campus for my PhD. I pray God to grant those who are hoping for similar thing a Succes IJN.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:23am On Feb 06, 2015
Kentrasso:

You need your international passport, a passport photograph and 6,500 naira.
You'll get ur cert in under 1hr
He can negotiate the amount no fix price ...and they can reduce to 4k to 5k
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:24am On Feb 06, 2015
Aboderinkay:
Great pple of Nairaland, once again I want to appreciate ur contributions and comments that has really helped me. I thank God for my safe trip to SA ukzn Edgewood campus for my PhD. I pray God to grant those who are hoping for similar thing a Succes IJN.
Welcome sir ....your coming shall be a blessing to your household in Jesus name
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 5:35am On Feb 06, 2015
Manager007:

If the conditions of the visa doesn't exactly state "to attend conference". Your brother should still be able to visit SA at anytime within a 3 month period. And at arrival in SA, the 10-day stay would be applicable.

Yes, he would need to book and pay for his hotel/accomodation. This is very important, else he could be denied entry into the country.

All the best!
Thanks for the info. My question is how will he know the condition of the visa as it is not stated on the visa the condition Whether strictly conference or visiting visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:55am On Feb 06, 2015
Like Manager007 rightly said, if no condition is stated, it means your brother can visit SA for other purposes asides d conference. However, I would advise him to do a paid hotel booking whenever he is set to leave to avoid being denied entry upon arrival. All the best
eluquenson:
Thanks for the info. My question is how will he know the condition of the visa as it is not stated on the visa the condition Whether strictly conference or visiting visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 7:32am On Feb 06, 2015
yinksob002:
Like Manager007 rightly said, if no condition is stated, it means your brother can visit SA for other purposes asides d conference. However, I would advise him to do a paid hotel booking whenever he is set to leave to avoid being denied entry upon arrival. All the best
Thanks a lot, pls can you recommend a site where he can pay for hotel which is relatively cheaper in Joburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:04am On Feb 06, 2015
Visit agoda.com, you can get cheap hotel bookings in joburg and take advantage of the half price friday bookings
eluquenson:
Thanks a lot, pls can you recommend a site where he can pay for hotel which is relatively cheaper in Joburg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 10:07am On Feb 06, 2015
samtol4:
oga elume ...I salute hope palm oil is not expensive in your side lol
Eish bra. Veele, its expensive. Chilling with TYPOP.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 10:13am On Feb 06, 2015
Hi people, plz ao many bags altogether does SA airline required?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2015
yinksob002:
Visit agoda.com, you can get cheap hotel bookings in joburg and take advantage of the half price friday bookings
Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.