Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733512 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

Thank you for the robust discussions on the SA visa here. I have been reading through your comments since about 2 hours ago when I stumbled on this thread. Please, I need your advice.

I just secured a scholarship opportunity to do a Phd in the Cape Peninsula University of Technology in SA. I finished the selection process yesterday with a skype intervw and the Prof. in charge of the selection congratulated me that I have been selected. However, he told me that I should start the process of obtaining my study permit immediately. He said the school will mail the admission/scholarship offer to me in the next 2 days to start the visa process. I just want to get some info ahead as I am expecting their letter. Here are my questions:

(1) Where do I start from and how do i get the SA visa application form? Is it available online?

(2) I read about the medical insurance, Xray and yellow fever card, where do i get these? Any hospital accepted or there are designated clinis by the SA Authority in Nigeria?

(3) Since I have been offered a scholarship, do i still need a fat bank account statement? or I should just print my normal bank statement with less than 50k balance in it to show financial responsibility.

(4) Do i need to book flight ticket ahead before filing my visa application? Because I have been reading about this and became confused.

(5) Pls, some of you that are already in SA, how sufficient is 100,000 rands to study Phd in SA? I was told that is the value of the scholarship and I just want to know this before leaving so I can prepare ahead.

(6) Any other information that you think is necessary for me to know will be appreciated too.

God bless you my people.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 9:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
1. Download the forms from this site or go to the consulate and request for it.

http://www.visasouthafrica.org/visa/visa-application-forms/

2. Register for medical insurance via this link:
https://www.momentum.co.za/for/you/products/health/mmsa-student-application

Pay for 12 months and above.

For Xray and medical report, visit a GOVT hospital and ask for one. You might need to run some test.

3. Since you are on scholarship, the sponsor letter should cover for bank statement. Your sponsors would need to send their own document which you would use in the application.

4. The flight itinerary is necessary. When you apply, book a ticket without pay and use the reference number. That's all they need.

5. I'm not too sure about this one.

6. If you are submitting in lagos go veeery early. I remember I was there by 5 a.m and wasn't attended to till 1p.m. so as not to waste ur time

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
Thank you @Kentrasso for shedding light on my request, I am very grateful. Any suggestion on the airline to SA where one can book without paying?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
xundey22:
Thank you @Kentrasso for shedding light on my request, I am very grateful. Any suggestion on the airline to SA where one can book without paying?
Kenyan airline is d cheapest, next is Ethiopian airline but d transit time is always too long. So check Kenyan

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2015
xundey22:

Try flysaa.com -South African Airways.

You can use any available airline tho since you're not paying yet

**I just checked that the link for medical insurance in my previous post is broken. Use this one instead:
www.ingwehealth.co.za

All d best

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pyr8te: 3:51am On Feb 10, 2015
Hello all, please for a married person that wants to apply for a Critical Skills Visa, is it compulsory that the accompanying spouse (d wife in this instance) submits her application for spousal/dependant visa at the same time?

If no, is it advisable she does so or does filing for it after the husband might have received his work permit (and/or emigrated to SA) diminish her chances of being granted the visa? Thanks in advance for your kind responses
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 8:40am On Feb 10, 2015
Many thanks Kentrasso and bisi16. I have started making the move already. I did an assessment of the health coverage for 1 year on ingwehealth website and got R4, 290 which is equivalent to almost 86,000 Naira, pls is there any other health firm where I can get a much more affordable option? Also, as a scholarship holder, is the repatriation fee compulsory? Lastly, can I use a University health clinic for my Xray and other medical tests, for example the University of Ibadan health centre?

Thank you in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 9:54am On Feb 10, 2015
xundey22:
Many thanks Kentrasso and bisi16. I have started making the move already. I did an assessment of the health coverage for 1 year on ingwehealth website and got R4, 290 which is equivalent to almost 86,000 Naira, pls is there any other health firm where I can get a much more affordable option? Also, as a scholarship holder, is the repatriation fee compulsory? Lastly, can I use a University health clinic for my Xray and other medical tests, for example the University of Ibadan health centre?
Thank you in advance.

Yes you can use University hospital for your tests.
And there's no need to pay repatriation fee again. It's been cancelled.

As for health scheme, I am aware that your application could be rejected if you use a wrong scheme. The other acceptable one is compcare but the consulate rejects it now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by influential01: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
I wish to travel to south Africa on tourist visa, but I need agent that will asist me in get some documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:12am On Feb 11, 2015
influential01:
I wish to travel to south Africa on tourist visa, but I need agent that will asist me in get some documents.
Gather all documents you require by yourself without wasting your money on agent.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:15am On Feb 11, 2015
xundey22:

Thank you in advance.
Go for momentum R4188
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 5:40am On Feb 11, 2015
samtol4:
Go for momentum R4188
It's no longer R4188.. that's wat I sent and was given 11mnths, they'll send u back at d embassy. I had to pay additional 1mnth, total R4223.

xundey22
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2015
bisi16:

It's no longer R4188.. that's wat I sent and was given 11mnths, they'll send u back at d embassy. I had to pay additional 1mnth, total R4223.

xundey22
A month is R349 and 12months will be 4188. I was in their office last week and that still remain the official price
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Emasel(m): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
Shine1177:

high commission at VI

Hello bro,

Please check ur mail.I'm planning towards coming to DUT for my Masters and would love to ask you some questions.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
samtol4:
A month is R349 and 12months will be 4188. I was in their office last week and that still remain the official price

Thank you all. Can you give me the office address of the momentum in Nigeria, if there is any. I would love to visit their office. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
samtol4:

That's for 2015. The price has increased for 2016. If the year you are applying for spills over into next year, you'll have to pay a higher fee for the months covered in 2016

For instance, I applied for march 2015 to February 2016. I paid R4188 but was given 11 months cover. After emails back and forth, they explained and I had to pay extra R70 for the months of Jan and Feb 2016 I.e R384/month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kentrasso:

Yes you can use University hospital for your tests.
And there's no need to pay repatriation fee again. It's been cancelled.

As for health scheme, I am aware that your application could be rejected if you use a wrong scheme. The other acceptable one is compcare but the consulate rejects it now

Thank you for your replies. Your comments have been of tremendous help. God bless you and other Nairalanders.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
xundey22:

Thank you all. Can you give me the office address of the momentum in Nigeria, if there is any. I would love to visit their office. Thanks.

I don't think there's an office in Nigeria. It's mostly online. But you can contact them as they're 'email friendly'.
Antonia.Coopoo@momentum.co.za

antoinette.nell@momentum.co.za

These are some I know

Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
xundey22:

Thank you for your replies. Your comments have been of tremendous help. God bless you and other Nairalanders.

Sure smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
Emasel:

Hello bro,

Please check ur mail.I'm planning towards coming to DUT for my Masters and would love to ask you some questions.

Thanks.
Guy where did you send your application to? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kentrasso:

That's for 2015. The price has increased for 2016. If the year you are applying for spills over into next year, you'll have to pay a higher fee for the months covered in 2016

For instance, I applied for march 2015 to February 2016. I paid R4188 but was given 11 months cover. After emails back and forth, they explained and I had to pay extra R70 for the months of Jan and Feb 2016 I.e R384/month
..and I told some pple here its no longer R4188 and dem dey argue wit me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:17am On Feb 12, 2015
Kentrasso:

I don't think there's an office in Nigeria. It's mostly online. But you can contact them as they're 'email friendly'.

These are some I know

Goodluck

they do ave an office.... check UBA METROPOLITAN.. Marina Lagos...it's 200usd der a bit costly
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:36am On Feb 12, 2015
xundey22:

Sorry sir I mean their office in SA .NO momentum office in NIgeria .You can pay via master card from Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:39am On Feb 12, 2015
Juwohn:

they do ave an office.... check UBA METROPOLITAN.. Marina Lagos...it's 200usd der a bit costly
200dollars for Momentum @UBA ? No sir Momentum office does not exist in NIgeria .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:42am On Feb 12, 2015
Kentrasso:

Sure smiley
when are u likely to leave Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2015
samtol4:
200dollars for Momentum @UBA ? No sir Momentum office does not exist in NIgeria .

it's even on momentum country offices..
UBA METROPOLITAN is der subsidiary in Nigeria and that's what they charge 200USD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by uzhi(m): 8:55am On Feb 12, 2015
Hello guys, kindly help me on this, I travelled to SA last year june from Nigeria and stayed there for just 6days b4 I returned to Nigeria. Even though my visa was 1year multiple entry. I applied for d visa in Ghana with my ghana residence permit. Now I want to apply again from Nigeria, do I need to apply normally or there is a diff way to go by it ?
My old visa expired last August. Hope they wont complain that I didnt spend more than 6days in their country ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2015
Kentrasso:

These are some I know

Goodluck

Thank you, I should send e-mail to them today.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by xundey22(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2015
samtol4:

With the present calculation on the ground, I should leave Nigeria by the 1st or 2nd week of April.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:53am On Feb 12, 2015
samtol4:

In two weeks time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Kentrasso:

In two weeks time

possible suggestion on flight choice plsssss.... cost consideration n safety

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.