Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,537 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737962 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:52pm On Feb 06, 2015
Pls I need to know how important orientation program is and an answer to the question of bags for travel. Can I take cookwares from nigeria that are not metallic like non stick pans and cutlery
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 1:17pm On Feb 06, 2015
Yes you can carry those items since they are non metallic. Orientation programme is important in d sense that you get enlightened about your programme, the school rules and other necessary info that will aid you in settling down at d institution.
Kentrasso:
Pls I need to know how important orientation program is and an answer to the question of bags for travel. Can I take cookwares from nigeria that are not metallic like non stick pans and cutlery
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Kentrasso:
SA airline 23kg each(3bags)Arik 23kg(2bags).U can get cookwares here .Load your second bag with foodstuff you be amaze by the prices of Nigerian foodstuff here .I.e beans,egusi,ogbono,palm oil,and so on .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akeem0502: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2015
samtol4:
SA airline 23kg each(3bags)Arik 23kg(2bags).U can get cookwares here .Load your second bag with foodstuff you be amaze by the prices of Nigerian foodstuff here .I.e beans,egusi,ogbono,palm oil,and so on .
Arik is 30KG (2bags)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abaeli: 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2015
thanks, plz ao many kg should d hand bag now be
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 12:00am On Feb 07, 2015
abaeli:
thanks, plz ao many kg should d hand bag now be

Are they gonna weigh handbag too??
I'm going with SA airline. Means 3bags. does this include hand luggage
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:11am On Feb 07, 2015
akeem0502:

Arik is 30KG (2bags)
Noted.thanks for the correction
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 5:15am On Feb 07, 2015
Kentrasso:

No, they won't weigh your hand luggage.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2015
samtol4:

plsss lemme get sumtin straight.. SA airline is 23kg(3bags) that makes a total of 69kg rite??

Then please is it possible to see the Consular on study permit related issues if one can plead with him.. was told my visa will be ready by March 20(2months) n I wuld ave been really late by then..

Possible advise plsss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2015
Kentrasso:

Madam I sent you a PM. Need a favour when you're coming to CT. Please reply.

Thank you...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2015
Cypha8:

Madam I sent you a PM. Need a favour when you're coming to CT. Please reply.

Thank you...

I have replied u.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by feelgoodstuffs(m): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2015
Kentrasso:

When are you flying to SA? I'm planning next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
feelgoodstuffs:

When are you flying to SA? I'm planning next week

I.m leaving on the 26th.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Kentrasso:

I.m leaving on the 26th.

Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Manager007:

If the conditions of the visa doesn't exactly state "to attend conference". Your brother should still be able to visit SA at anytime within a 3 month period. And at arrival in SA, the 10-day stay would be applicable.

Yes, he would need to book and pay for his hotel/accomodation. This is very important, else he could be denied entry into the country.

All the best!

I have a similar issue but I was given 3months multiple entry, hotel already booked planning to spend just a week, so my question is will they request for the conference iv at point of entry?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
feelgoodstuffs:

I have a similar issue but I was given 3months multiple entry, hotel already booked planning to spend just a week, so my question is will they request for the conference iv at point of entry?
.Never they don't make such request .what u ve on passport is Visitor visa or tourist visa NOT CONFERENCE VISA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kibo: 7:35pm On Feb 07, 2015
Guys please this is urgent. I need some help from all of you

I need to make a trip to SA for an exam. Am i going to be needing financial statement of my account to apply, as i am not staying there for a long time. I am going there for a period of like 1 week.

I dont want to pay for the exam and now get rejected because of financial statement of account.

Thanks.

Cc samtol4
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
kibo:
Guys please this is urgent. I need some help from all of you

I need to make a trip to SA for an exam. Am i going to be needing financial statement of my account to apply, as i am not staying there for a long time. I am going there for a period of like 1 week.

I dont want to pay for the exam and now get rejected because of financial statement of account.

Thanks.

Cc samtol4
no short cut to Visa to any country .For every applicant bank statement is needed and if you don't ve tangible money ,get someone who will stand as sponsor with his bank statement,letter stating he will sponsor the trip and passport data page or ID card.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kibo: 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
samtol4:
no short cut to Visa to any country .For every applicant bank statement is needed and if you don't ve tangible money ,get someone who will stand as sponsor with his bank statement,letter stating he will sponsor the trip and passport data page or ID card.

Thanks !!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
Hello guys, want to thank everyone on these forum that helped out in giving advice and guidance towards my Study permit application. I got my permit yesterday to study at UP. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 7:43am On Feb 08, 2015
Samtoog:
Hello guys, want to thank everyone on these forum that helped out in giving advice and guidance towards my Study permit application. I got my permit yesterday to study at UP. Thanks.
Congrats..

How long does it take to process after submission..?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 9:18am On Feb 08, 2015
All dis pple wey don collect study permits and Dnt want to tell us how long it took to process.. ther'is God o!

I've quoted 3pple who have collected askn d same question, none have replied.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Can anyone tell me abt unisa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 1:10pm On Feb 08, 2015
bisi16:
All dis pple wey don collect study permits and Dnt want to tell us how long it took to process.. ther'is God o!

I've quoted 3pple who have collected askn d same question, none have replied.

Sorry o, I submitted at the embassy in Abuja on the 9th of December, Visa was issued on the 4th of February. Thats 2 months. Another person that submitted on the same day as I did in Lagos got his own January 16.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 1:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
Samtoog:

Sorry o, I submitted at the embassy in Abuja on the 9th of December, Visa was issued on the 4th of February. Thats 2 months. Another person that submitted on the same day as I did in Lagos got his own January 16.
2mnths?! Na wah o! Even d Lagos one dat took 5wks is too long.

Anyways, thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Growingboi(m): 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
troubled:
Can anyone tell me abt unisa

what do u want to knw abt unisa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2015
bisi16:

2mnths?! Na wah o! Even d Lagos one dat took 5wks is too long.

Anyways, thanks

The five weeks was because of the Christmas break. It's normally 3wks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kentrasso:

samtol4:

plsss lemme get sumtin straight.. SA airline is 23kg(3bags) that makes a total of 69kg rite??

Then please is it possible to see the Consular on study permit related issues if one can plead with him.. was told my visa will be ready by March 20(2months) n I wuld ave been really late by then..

Possible advise plsss
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by f4ever2015: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
no stamp on my passport, they just gave me a written note that my bank statement is fake. what surprises me is that i used my personal savings account bank statement from fidelity bank, i even told my account officer about it and she said it can`t be possible. though i am still confused if its the bank statement my uncle in SA sent to me along side with invitation letter and citizenship id number of which his brother that used that same bank statement few months back was given visa.

I submitted the application in Abuja author=femiaction post=30255282] Do they stamp your passport with RED STAMP?[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Kentrasso(f): 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
Juwohn:

Possible advise plsss

The consular in lagos is approachable. Its security that makes things difficult. I can't say for abuja tho. You could try your luck...just explain to them. They might be able to help you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
Juwohn:

Possible advise plsss
Next time don't apply in Abuja those guys can waste precious time .You can make effort to see the consular no assurance .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 11:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kentrasso:

Oook.. thanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.