Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,221 members, 7,811,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728777 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by imoniyi(f): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2018
bliz123:

Thanks a bunch. You're super super.
If I submit my visa application without the saqa, (since monash does not need it) will it affect my visa applications in anyway.

Can not submitting saqa cause visa refusal . Thanks

Do the saqa oo . its not a waste oo.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rick9(m): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2018
So glad I found this thread I wanted to create a thread to ask questions about traveling to S.A, until I found this, ....

Guys pls I have questions to ask. About S.A
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 5:26pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rick9:
So glad I found this thread I wanted to create a thread to ask questions about traveling to S.A, until I found this, ....

Guys pls I have questions to ask. About S.A

Feel free to ask anything here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rick9(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2018
A friend has invited me to South Africa, he said I should try to find out about the travelling procedures,

Please Guys someone should please help me with the travelling guidelines to South Africa,

Cost of Tickets, and which Documents do I need, pls I would be glad to get a reply, ...

Thanks in advance
L
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2018
Rick9:
A friend has invited me to South Africa, he said I should try to find out about the travelling procedures,

Please Guys someone should please help me with the travelling guidelines to South Africa,

Cost of Tickets, and which Documents do I need, pls I would be glad to get a reply, ...

Thanks in advance
L

The answers you see are on the pages of these thread. In addition, required documentation for visa applicants are expressly listed on VFS and SA High Commissions websites.

Cost of tickets is easily also obtainable on airline pages.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2018
cassieluv:
thank you for responding. I hope you can help advice on the best way to go about joining my husband in cape town. Pls n pls if its ok by you i prefer not to share details here.thank you

Please ask your question here there is no need to drop contact details for private chat. This thread is here today because people ask and answer questions openly here.

Nothing about getting a visa that needs to be discussed in private or secret
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
@Manager007

Please stop encouraging PM as this will not help this thread or others who benefit from info shared here.

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2018
justwise:
@Manager007

Please stop encouraging PM as this will not help this thread or others who benefit from info shared here.

Thank you

Hi Justwise,

Very well then. I will respect the rules of the Forum.

@Cassieluv- pleasd post your questions here. If i have no knowledge of your query/quest, someone else here will
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rick9(m): 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2018
Manager007:

Feel free to ask anything here.

Thanks so much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rick9(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Manager007:

The answers you see are on the pages of these thread. In addition, required documentation for visa applicants are expressly listed on VFS and SA High Commissions websites.

Cost of tickets is easily also obtainable on airline pages.

Thanks so much, I will gladly go through the thread, but pls can you help me provide the links to the website, thanks in adv.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cassieluv: 7:10am On Jan 08, 2018
justwise:

Please ask your question here there is no need to drop contact details for private chat. This thread is here today because people ask and answer questions openly here.

Nothing about getting a visa that needs to be discussed in private or secret
Its ok am sorry about that pls.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cassieluv: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2018
Thanx again for your responce. Am sorry for the trouble.
Manager007:

Hi Justwise,

Very well then. I will respect the rules of the Forum.

@Cassieluv- pleasd post your questions here. If i have no knowledge of your query/quest, someone else here will
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hi Gurus,

I guess some people here are pursuing their Honours and Masters in South Africa on Scholarship.

Although i have secured admission to pursue Honors already in two universities in SA but the huge tuition is really keeping me back. I humbly request for information about any bursary/scholarship you know about either for Honours or MSc. Even it will take me to do Msc directly without honours, i don't mind.

I am a highly enthusiastic and curious young graduate of Microbiology (BSc cgpa >4.47) whose primary objective is to save the world with my research.

Please don't neglect this message endeavor to provide info as much as you can, you might be saving a life.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 08, 2018
abdullahi45:
Hi Gurus,

I guess some people here are pursuing their Honours and Masters in South Africa on Scholarship.

Although i have secured admission to pursue Honors already in two universities in SA but the huge tuition is really keeping me back. I humbly request for information about any bursary/scholarship you know about either for Honours or MSc. Even it will take me to do Msc directly without honours, i don't mind.

I am a highly enthusiastic and curious young graduate of Microbiology (BSc cgpa >4.47) whose primary objective is to save the world with my research.

Please don't neglect this message endeavor to provide info as much as you can, you might be saving a life.

Thanks in anticipation.
where is the link to your works till date

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2018
abdullahi45:
Hi Gurus,

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Abdullahi,

Scholarships for international students (such as yourself) is very competitive and not guaranteed. SA is going through a Fee-reduction phase nationally, and priority is given to South African students. That being said, your best chance at securing a scholarship if to first enrol/register for your studies at the international office. In most cases, just before the end of your first semester, there would be calls for applications to various scholarships and bursaries. You can then apply for such. There’s even a needy-based student bursary that most universities advertise. But only on their enrolled students portal. All of these would not be available to a non-registered student as yourself in the beginning.

However, it’s a flip story on the Msc studies. You will get funding/scholarship/bursary especially after your first semester of studies.

Your program Microbiology is lucrative in SA. Try to enrol and study. It will be your best self-investment you will ever make,

Keep well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drwrites: 2:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello gurus in the house...pls am in the process of submitting my study visa application, but i am confused about d Police clearance cuz i heard some things which i don't understand. Someone told me i have to get the police clearance from southafrica when i have never been there before. I heard again this morning that the only place i can get the police clearance that is acceptable for SA visa is at Maloney in Lagos cuz am based outside Lagos. Is any of the info true...please your guide.

And are there any Wits grads, present students or about-to students on this thread...kindly signify please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Manager007: 3:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
drwrites:
Hello gurus in the house...pls am in the process of submitting my study visa application, but i am confused about d Police clearance cuz i heard some things which i don't understand. Someone told me i have to get the police clearance from southafrica when i have never been there before. I heard again this morning that the only place i can get the police clearance that is acceptable for SA visa is at Maloney in Lagos cuz am based outside Lagos. Is any of the info true...please your guide.

And are there any Wits grads, present students or about-to students on this thread...kindly signify please.

Hello,

Who is the person relating this useless information to you?
Police clearances are required visa purposes only from places where applicants have lived or even visited. So why would a police clearance be required from an applicant who has never stepped foot on SA soil?
You only need to obtain police clearance from Nigeria. Don’t be misinformed.
Keep well

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oladimeji10: 10:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
Hello house. Pls can anyone recommend the best airline for a trip to SA. Also is it compulsory in anyway to go via SA airways? Many thanks all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dudubery: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2018
Why does it take forever to get a feedback from Abj, my application is over 6 weeks now, aside the two weeks break ooo. The wait is just annoying, Lagos seems like the fastest place for SA visa application or maybe it just like this in Abuja for study visa application. Aaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abdullahi45: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2018
[quote author=Manager007 post=64029497]

Hi Abdullahi,

Scholarships for international students (such as yourself) is very competitive and not guaranteed. SA is going through a Fee-reduction phase nationally, and priority is given to South African students. That being said, your best chance at securing a scholarship if to first enrol/register for your studies at the international office. In most cases, just before the end of your first semester, there would be calls for applications to various scholarships and bursaries. You can then apply for such. There’s even a needy-based student bursary that most universities advertise. But only on their enrolled students portal. All of these would not be available to a non-registered student as yourself in the beginning.

However, it’s a flip story on the Msc studies. You will get funding/scholarship/bursary especially after your first semester of studies.

Your program Microbiology is lucrative in SA. Try to enrol and study. It will be your best self-investment you will ever make,

Keep well.
[/quote

Thanks so much for your comprehensive response. I will see what i can do. I just need to proceed like seriously.

Thanks once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kudsweet(f): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
I appreciate everyone on this thread for their input so far, you guys are the best.

I and my hubby submitted our documents last week Thursday for short term visa and yesterday we were both issued 10 days visa.

Thanks to you all.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mightyola: 6:17pm On Jan 10, 2018
Please House, Can Airbnb booking,also be used as hotel reservation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house, Please would a traveler to SA on a long-term visit visa be allowed to board with a one-way ticket? Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

Thanks...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cypha8:
Hello Gurus in the house, Please would a traveler to SA on a long-term visit visa be allowed to board with a one-way ticket? Has anyone been in a similar situation before?

Thanks...

unless the visa states Return ticket waived, you need a return ticket
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2018
Thanks Geenosko. What type of visas states Return ticket waived?

Geenosko:

unless the visa states Return ticket waived, you need a return ticket
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
Cypha8:
Thanks Geenosko. What type of visas states Return ticket waived?

Including but not limited to relative permits, voluntary work permits, intra company work permits, spousal permits etc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 11:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
Okay, many thanks...

Geenosko:

Including but not limited to relative permits, voluntary work permits, intra company work permits, spousal permits etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.