Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735255 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2019
I submitted another application on 28th of January 2019 and i hope dey grant me and my kids dis time around cos d application i submitted on the 10th of Dec 2018 was denied ☹️ Even with 2 previous visas on my passport o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 6:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
Aragon1:
My Friend i complained about his visa delay, got a notification to pick up his processed passport.

*Applied on the 7th of January at Vfs portharcourt

*Application received at SA Embassy lagos on the 8th January

*Notification for collection 1st of March by Email no text message was sent.

*Short stay visit Visa.

*Let's be hopeful, passports will start coming gradually, I advise you don't withdraw your passport in a haste. He wanted to withdraw his passport on Monday 4th of march but got the mail on Friday 1st of march. @all who are waiting, please be patient.
That's great news I applied ok on d 8th of January with my family for a short visit but have not gotten any reply..am planning on requesting for our passports back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zotorux(m): 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
Please don’t mind my noob question
I read somewhere on the thread you need up to a million in your account when applying
I’m applying for a visit visa is it possible for my friend whom I’m visiting to use his own statement of account in place of mine?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sheungbengar(m): 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
bibike123:
Theoretically yes, but practically no.
At least for the past 2 months.
I submitted for visitors visa on the 9th of January 2019. As we talk now, my passport is still with them.
Some guys here, who said they submitted on the 3,8and 9th of January 2019 (study visa) have theirs
Hello bro, I also want to apply for Visit Visa, and I filled April.. My major concern is I hope the Month/ date doesn't affect chances of giving Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adsales: 10:48am On Mar 04, 2019
There is a racket at the SA consulate. If you have fixed travel plans to go to SA don't depend on them getting your passport and visa back to you on time. Those getting their visas on time know what they had to do. Simple advice for normal folks trying to do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by zotorux(m): 11:15am On Mar 04, 2019
Adsales:
There is a racket at the SA consulate. If you have fixed travel plans to go to SA don't depend on them getting your passport and visa back to you on time. Those getting their visas on time know what they had to do. Simple advice for normal folks trying to do the right thing.
Sir can you please be more precise on this? “What they had to do?”
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sharonzee: 11:19am On Mar 04, 2019
Adsales:

Please what must be done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2019
Adsales:

Boss I'm listening. I have sent you a mail. I have lost a lot already. I can't afford to lose everything.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adsales: 11:44am On Mar 04, 2019
2fine2fast:

Boss I'm listening. I have sent you a mail. I have lost a lot already. I can't afford to lose everything.

Bros, I can't help you o. I just thought is was best people are aware of the reality of things so they don't get disappointed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2019
Adsales:

Bros, I can't help you o. I just thought is was best people are aware of the reality of things so they don't get disappointed.

It has always been like that with SA consulate,those who know,knows...don’t ask me oh I no get links...neither am I an agent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sheungbengar:

Hello bro, I also want to apply for Visit Visa, and I filled April.. My major concern is I hope the Month/ date doesn't affect chances of giving Visa
Doesn't affect just apply on time
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mrcodebreaker: 7:09pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello Guys. Please I would like someone to transfer money to my cousin schooling in south africa. Just 300 rands. I will pay to your naira account here in nigeria. I can do 25naira to rand. Also I want to be able to do more transactions as she needs upkeep money. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 8:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
I just got a mail from VFS global that my application has processed. I'll be going there tomorrow to pick it up. I pray for a positive outcome

I applied on the 7th of January, 2019. Study visa. VFS Lagos

6 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timiekay: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sent you a mail

mrcodebreaker:
Hello Guys. Please I would like someone to transfer money to my cousin schooling in south africa. Just 300 rands. I will pay to your naira account here in nigeria. I can do 27naira to rand. Also I want to be able to do more transactions as she needs upkeep money. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 8:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
Metucity:
I just got a mail from VFS global that my application has processed. I'll be going there tomorrow to pick it up. I pray for a positive outcome

Wow! Congrats!

Please, did you talk to any agent, or your school to push it for you? I submitted mine on the 2nd and have not got any response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
Metucity:

I claim this
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Hello house, I got a mail from vfs, saying my passport is ready. I applied on the 9th of January 2019. I paid for delivery. I pray it's positive.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Johny2015: 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
Metucity:

I am still at a loss as to how study visa applications are been processed at the High Commission, Lagos Office.

Many January, 2019 study visa applicants are receiving their notifications while November applicants are still expecting theirs.
This is highly unprofessional of them and I just can't seem to wrap my brain around this.

I had to pay for my school hostel accommodation in order to Keep my slot and the money I paid is wasting away daily due to this unanticipated visa delay.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 10:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
Demilade1:

Wow! Congrats!

Please, did you talk to any agent, or your school to push it for you? I submitted mine on the 2nd and have not got any response.

I didn't talk to any agent. I was following up with prayers, series of mails to the SA home affairs, VFS global international and the VFS global Nigeria. My school also helped cos they told me that they included my name in the list they sent to the high commission but that the commission asked them to give them till twelve weeks.

All the same, thanks be to God.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 1:21am On Mar 05, 2019
bibike123:
Hello house, I got a mail from vfs, saying my passport is ready.
I applied on the 9th of January 2019.
I paid for delivery. I pray it's positive.

It would be
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 1:22am On Mar 05, 2019
Metucity:

I didn't talk to any agent. I was following up with prayers, series of mails to the SA home affairs, VFS global international and the VFS global Nigeria. My school also helped cos they told me that they included my name in the list they sent to the high commission but that the commission asked them to give them till twelve weeks.

All the same, thanks be to God.

What's your school name please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 8:09am On Mar 05, 2019
bibike123:
Hello house, I got a mail from vfs, saying my passport is ready.
I applied on the 9th of January 2019.
I paid for delivery. I pray it's positive.

Congrats! It will be positive by God's grace.
Please, can you share with us how you went about it? I submitted on January 2nd, still waiting.
Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 8:23am On Mar 05, 2019
Norchikevents:

Stellenbosch university

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mysterdema(m): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2019
Metucity:

Stellenbosch university

Hello, please how were you able to do it? I am also a student of Stellenbosch University. I have been offered admission but I was asked to provide a proof of government certification for Stellenbosch University (can you imagine that) at the VSF Global office when I went to submit my applications last week Friday. I would be glad if you can be of help. I am currently at a loss of what to do. Where you asked to provide any proof? Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mysterdema(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2019
Norchikevents:

Please what was the content of the e-mails you sent to the VSF Global International and the VSF Nigeria Office. I have also contacted the school anyway.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:35am On Mar 05, 2019
Mysterdema:

Hello, please how were you able to do it? I am also a student of Stellenbosch University. I have been offered admission but I was asked to provide a proof of government certification for Stellenbosch University (can you imagine that) at the VSF Global office when I went to submit my applications last week Friday. I would be glad if you can be of help. I am currently at a loss of what to do. Where you asked to provide any proof? Thanks.

Wow. That's not your job to do. Why would VFS add that in addition to the normal checklist? I wonder if the school would give you that paper if you request for it. But mail you school, dha and vfs global. Leave no stone unturned.

You can dhl a letter to the embassy (hardcopy)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2019
Mysterdema:

Please what was the content of the e-mails you sent to the VSF Global International and the VSF Nigeria Office. I have also contacted the school anyway.

Thanks.

Vfs Nigeria: info.zang@vfshelpline.com

Customercare@vfsglobal.com

Quote @metucity for the content of the email.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2019
Johny2015:

I am still at a loss as to how study visa applications are been processed at the High Commission, Lagos Office.

Many January, 2019 study visa applicants are receiving their notifications while November applicants are still expecting theirs.
This is highly unprofessional of them and I just can't seem to wrap my brain around this.

I had to pay for my school hostel accommodation in order to Keep my slot and the money I paid is wasting away daily due to this unanticipated visa delay.

It is well. I have learnt my lesson in a bitter way. If I would ever need to apply for a visa to south Africa, never will it be at Lagos.
Look at the medical insurance we paid for, wasting away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.