Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733121 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
Juwohn:

That's great bro, see you soon wink
I have received my passport. Hallelujah my visa is out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 3:51pm On Feb 25, 2019
When did you submit and what type, visitors or long term
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2019
affordsys:

I have received my passport. Hallelujah my visa is out
When did you apply? Study Visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 12:33am On Feb 26, 2019
akindele214:

When did you apply? Study Visa?
I applied for student visa on 8th of Jan 2019 in Lagos. My passport was released among those processed on 21st Feb 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 3:28am On Feb 26, 2019
affordsys:

I applied for student visa on 8th of Jan 2019 in Lagos. My passport was released among those processed on 21st Feb 2019
Congratulations baba.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 9:23am On Feb 26, 2019
affordsys:

Which school please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adsales: 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2019
The way the SA High Consulate in Nigeria delays visa applications is crazy. Imagine a useless country like South Africa holding onto people's passports for weeks, some people book flights, hotel accommodation, make solid travel plans, prepare to attend conferences and then they treat our applications with disdain like time is not of the essence. Better countries at least respect timing. What a waste of time and money. Never again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adsales:
The way the SA High Consulate in Nigeria delays visa applications is crazy. Imagine a useless country like South Africa holding onto people's passports for weeks, some people book flights, hotel accommodation, make solid travel plans, prepare to attend conferences and then they treat our applications with disdain like time is not of the essence. Better countries at least respect timing. What a waste of time and money. Never again.
Welcome to General South Africa Visa Enquiries forum. Some of us have applied in Lagos since last and still haven't gotten any response from VFS and The High Commission. We no fit kill ourselves my G na grace we dy pray for. PS: The country is not useless na why many of us dy run go there be that. smiley

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by affordsys: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
affordsys:

@Juwohn
Pls, how does international office helped u at University of Wits? I mail the office complaining about delay in Embassy. I was mail to apply for late registration at Faculty if I will be resuming late to the school.
Hi Juwohn please I have u mail kindly send your no to my mail. U need to talk.Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adsales:

They usually dont take this long to process visa applications. It is written on the VFS "News and Notices" section that they are having technical difficulties at the Embassy which is causing delays in visa processing time. There are some things you cannot control dear. PATIENCE.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adsales: 5:31pm On Feb 26, 2019
I would have believed this if not for a simple Google search and going through every single page of this thread and reading stories from years ago.

News stories have been documenting this 'maltreatment' of Nigerian applicants by the South African Consulate and VFS.

How South Africa denies Nigerians entry through late issuance of visa
https://www.icirnigeria.org/how-south-africa-denies-nigerians-entry-through-late-issuance-of-visa/

My nasty encounter with South African High Commission, by Funke Osae-Brown
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/my-nasty-encounter-with-south-african-high-commission-by-funke-osae-brown/

Visa applicants stranded as South Africa shuts consulate in Lagos
https://punchng.com/safrica-shuts-consulate-in-lagos/

Nigerians Petition South Africa Embassy Over Seized Passport

https://leadership.ng/2018/11/21/nigerians-petition-south-africa-embassy-over-seized-passport/

SPECIAL REPORT: How visa processing firm, VFS Global, ‘extorts’, ‘mistreats’ Nigerians
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/268332-special-report-how-visa-processing-firm-vfs-global-extorts-mistreats-nigerians.html

VFS Global keeps mum as Nigerians condemn extortion by visa processing firm
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/270860-vfs-global-keeps-mum-as-nigerians-condemn-extortion-by-visa-processing-firm.html

Restricted:

They usually dont take this long to process visa applications. It is written on the VFS "News and Notices" section that they are having technical difficulties at the Embassy which is causing delays in visa processing time. There are some things you cannot control dear. PATIENCE.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
Adsales:

I would have believed this if not for a simple Google search and going through every single page of this thread and reading stories from years ago.

News stories have been documenting this 'maltreatment' of Nigerian applicants by the South African Consulate and VFS.
How South Africa denies Nigerians entry through late issuance of visa
https://www.icirnigeria.org/how-south-africa-denies-nigerians-entry-through-late-issuance-of-visa/

My nasty encounter with South African High Commission, by Funke Osae-Brown
https://theeagleonline.com.ng/my-nasty-encounter-with-south-african-high-commission-by-funke-osae-brown/

Visa applicants stranded as South Africa shuts consulate in Lagos
https://punchng.com/safrica-shuts-consulate-in-lagos/

Nigerians Petition South Africa Embassy Over Seized Passport

https://leadership.ng/2018/11/21/nigerians-petition-south-africa-embassy-over-seized-passport/

SPECIAL REPORT: How visa processing firm, VFS Global, ‘extorts’, ‘mistreats’ Nigerians
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/268332-special-report-how-visa-processing-firm-vfs-global-extorts-mistreats-nigerians.html

VFS Global keeps mum as Nigerians condemn extortion by visa processing firm
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/270860-vfs-global-keeps-mum-as-nigerians-condemn-extortion-by-visa-processing-firm.html

Is this only happening in Lagos?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Adsales: 8:09am On Feb 27, 2019
akindele214:

Is this only happening in Lagos?

From the news stories you will see it's a national thing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sheungbengar(m): 10:03am On Feb 27, 2019
Morning pals, just want to know the school fee range in South Africa converted to Naira please..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sheungbengar(m): 10:04am On Feb 27, 2019
Sheungbengar:
Morning pals, just want to know the school fee range in South Africa converted to Naira please..
For M.Sc degree
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mysterdema(m): 11:01am On Feb 27, 2019
Hello house,

Please I would be submitted my applications for the study visa next week, I would be glad if someone can tell me what and what I need to know as regards the application. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2019
LMAO.... SA useless?? Why are you wasting your time trying to visit. You need to ask why they are reducing visas. While Serious people go for holidays, study and work many USELESS ones go there to sell drugs and do fraud. You should hold those ones accountable and not a Country trying to stop more shady people from entering.

Adsales:

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mankand(m): 2:39pm On Feb 27, 2019
House please anyone advise me how to go abesouth Africa Hotel reservation? I'm going to submit my documents in 2 weeks time

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
mankand:
House please anyone advise me how to go abesouth Africa Hotel reservation? I'm going to submit my documents in 2 weeks time

Have you gotten your visa?

Is it a tourist visa ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mankand(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Have you gotten your visa?

Is it a tourist visa ?

Just going to the embassy and it's a tourist visa I'm applying for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 5:28pm On Feb 27, 2019
mankand:

Just going to the embassy and it's a tourist visa I'm applying for

Okay please let me know when you get your visa because i will be applying soon,just waiting for my passport

People have been complaining on this thread for delay

Do you know anyone who have been granted visa recently without much stress?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mankand(m): 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2019
andrew444:

Okay please let me know when you get your visa because i will be applying soon,just waiting for my passport

People have been complaining on this thread for delay

Do you know anyone who have been granted visa recently without much stress?

I want to find out how i can go about my hotel reservation for now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2019
mankand:

I want to find out how i can go about my hotel reservation for now

Okay bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2019
slickruler:
LMAO.... SA useless?? Why are you wasting your time trying to visit. You need to ask why they are reducing visas. While Serious people go for holidays, study and work many USELESS ones go there to sell drugs and do fraud. You should hold those ones accountable and not a Country trying to stop more shady people from entering.

I taya for people o. Over 200+ Nigerians applying in Lagos Vfs every day. Obviously, the load will be much as they need to verify all documents.

PS: To those going to SA for a channel to run away from Nigeria through overstaying and becoming illegal. A piece of advice, DONT!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2019
Sheungbengar:
Depends on the school and if course-based or thesis-based MSc. We have UKZN that you only need to pay registration fees for thesis degree courses and others have tuition fee like R20,000-R40,000. You've to make a plan for accommodation as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:53pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mysterdema:
Hello house,

Please I would be submitted my applications for the study visa next week, I would be glad if someone can tell me what and what I need to know as regards the application. Thanks.
Have your SA medical aid, yellow fever car, police clearance certificate, medical and radiography report, admission letter, letter from the registrar (or international office) with undertaken, accommodation details in SA, sponsor letter & bank statement, and flight itinerary and I think you're good.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 5:59pm On Feb 27, 2019
babstope05:
Do the SA consulate have record of denied visa? Do they check previous denial to determine the outcome of the present application? Because my friend was denied visa based on suspicious bank account. The reason is because he deposited huge sum few weeks to submission of his application. He intends to re package his application using differnt information to the previous application hat was denied. Expert opinion please
They have records. He should submit genuine documents with no fishy arrangement.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Thecassanova:

I taya for people o. Over 200+ Nigerians applying in Lagos Vfs every day. Obviously, the load will be much as they need to verify all documents.

PS: To those going to SA for a channel to run away from Nigeria through overstaying and becoming illegal. A piece of advice, DONT!

Please loud it for those at the back. We keep saying this but don't listen. Majority of them end up selling drugs.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2019
slickruler:

You hit the nail on the bros.
Pap and steak for you grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
Geenosko:

Please loud it for those at the back. We keep saying this but don't listen. Majority of them end up selling drugs.

Lol funny but the truth
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Norchikevents: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
Mysterdema:
Hello house,

Google checklist of documents needed for south African student visa. Download the file you'd see and make sure you provide all when going to VFS. Also download (medical and radiological report dha). You would need a medical practitioner to certify them

(1) (2) (3) ... (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.