Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734855 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hello all,
Please what is an advisable minimum account balance to have when applying for SA visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluwaseun8(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
Yes bro!

mroyato:
You mean you applied at Abuja on the 11th of Feb. and you already have your passport. Damn!!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2019
What class of visa did you apply For? Visit or study visa?

oluwaseun8:
Yes bro!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Austin1031(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2019
Lagos with their BACKLOG issue. Too bad
oluwaseun8:
Yes bro!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timilehingeorge: 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
oluwaseun8:
VFS Abuja is also slow. Submitted feb 11th got my passport back 16th of March...

Lucky you. I applied January 24 for my study visa. This is the 8th week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 5:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
only MSC
obaxlove:
Hello House,

Please for PhD SAQA Evaluation do I need to evaluate from O’level - ND - Bsc - Msc or Only Msc?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
Diamond1960:
only MSC

Not only MSc oooh, MSc+ BSc. You can put your olevel results their so that they can understand the sequence of your degree
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by matrix4(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2019
Greetings bro! I'm equally in the same situation. My UJ admission letter reads that i'm to resume by March. So worried at the moment.
mechango:
March 31st is the deadline given to me by my school(UJ) to submit my Visa. I submitted my application at VFS Lagos last month. It's a PhD programme. All my effort to reach the Lagos Embassy is proving abortive. Somebody help !!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
matrix4:
Greetings bro! I'm equally in the same situation. My UJ admission letter reads that i'm to resume by March. So worried at the moment.

Is it Msc or PhD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by matrix4(m): 11:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
PhD
mechango:

Is it Msc or PhD
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by royalkonsults(m): 12:45am On Mar 20, 2019
osinawanta:
[Thanks bro I will be staying in d hotel wch I have paid through my agent..pls how do I confirm if the reservation is genuine

patience is all you need! Even those who applied here for renewal in VFS offices in South Africa since last November are yet to be issued. some of these students have been deregistered or not allowed to register this year in the schools. Just exercise patience with them! Some of my mates were even threatened to be deported by the school management through Home Affairs but we pleaded to them to write the Home Affairs on behalf of these applications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by owopaul(m): 9:16am On Mar 20, 2019
Is Abuja Embassy Faster for Visa Application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2019
rebella:
Hello all,
Please what is an advisable minimum account balance to have when applying for SA visa.
Someone should come and answer me na
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 11:56am On Mar 20, 2019
rebella:
It is hard to give a specific amount since we are not all visa officers, but shedding more light on the type of visa you are applying for could be a guide.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
Iamgrey5:
It is hard to give a specific amount since we are not all visa officers, but shedding more light on the type of visa you are applying for could be a guide.

Thanks for your response, a visitors visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Iamgrey5(m): 12:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
rebella:
Thanks for your response, a visitors visa.
I will say a million.

Nonetheless, for the peculiarity of your visa, I will advise you to have total of the cost of the return ticket, cost of the hotel or accommodation and an additional 300 to 400k as you your account balance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 12:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I will say a million.

Nonetheless, for the peculiarity of your visa, I will advise you to have total of the cost of the return ticket, cost of the hotel or accommodation and an additional 300 to 400k as you your account balance
Thanks a bunch.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
rebella:

For a visit visa, I will suggest one million as closing account balance. If you are working, let the account statement reflect your monthly salary please. Avoid any form of money dumping into the account close to your submission period please. With such acct balance(N1,000,000), it is also advisable to go for average hotels( like 15k hotels per night), during your hotel reservations and cheaper flights as well. Air Rwanda/Kenya will suffice. No one will want to spend all their savings on vacation. These visa officers are smart you know. I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Predstan: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2019
Aragon1:

For a visit visa, I will suggest one million as closing account balance. If you are working, let the account statement reflect your monthly salary please. Avoid any form of money dumping into the account close to your submission period please. With such acct balance(N1,000,000), it is also advisable to go for average hotels( like 15k hotels per night), during your hotel reservations and cheaper flights as well. Air Rwanda/Kenya will suffice. No one will want to spend all their savings on vacation. These visa officers are smart you know. I wish you the best

What about Student Visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2019
Predstan:

What about Student Visa.
Am sorry but I may not be in the best position to answer that. I am grounded in tourist/visiting visas which has been successful for me over time. So I am sharing my practical experience based on that. I hope someone else in the house who is conversant with and has been successful with the students visa application comes to your aid. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by owopaul(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2019
i am applying for short visit visa
owopaul:
Is Abuja Embassy Faster for Visa Application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by owopaul(m): 2:34pm On Mar 20, 2019
work business meeting actually
owopaul:
i am applying for short visit visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 8:11am On Mar 21, 2019
Just applied for a tourist visa at vfs yesterday in lekki.

I pray for good news

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 8:21am On Mar 21, 2019
Aragon1:

You seems to know too much bro. I must say your words gave me hope

I submitted yesterday ,flight was air Rwanda

I used a 3 months account statement from December 1st till date ,account balance was over a million before I printed out account statement ,is that the meaning of closing balance ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 8:35am On Mar 21, 2019
Predstan:

What about Student Visa.

Sum your tuition, accommodation, living expenses, all for one year, plus your flight ticket. I think that answers it. For living expenses, estimate like R3000/month depending on the city you are going to.

I think that answers it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 9:23am On Mar 21, 2019
Aragon1:

Thanks a bunch
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rebella(f): 10:12am On Mar 21, 2019
Aragon1:

Thanks, Can I use two separate account statements to apply, my salary account is my expense account, so the balance is always very low.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Please what is the maximum days of applying to the intending date of traveling?

Like I schedule to travel by September can I apply for visa now or there’s 90 days threshold like schengen countries?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aragon1: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2019
rebella:
Thanks, Can I use two separate account statements to apply, my salary account is my expense account, so the balance is always very low.
Yes you can, the last time I applied I did same as well. I used a naira acct where I receive my monthly salary and a dollar acct where I have bulk of my funds and I was given. So the answer is yes you can.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
obaxlove:
Please what is the maximum days of applying to the intending date of traveling?

Like I schedule to travel by September can I apply for visa now or there’s 90 days threshold like schengen countries?

I guess I can proceed with my application for September since no response please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.