Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1745343 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
you can get all required info on SA visa application directly through http://www.vfsglobal.com/ they are responsible for SA visa applications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 10:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
i taught VFS is only for short term visitors
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 5:44am On Jun 29, 2013
Go and apply for a visitors visa. Any course which is less than three months does not reqiure a study permit.
Nnaaiirra: TYPOP, thank you once again, you've been very helpful.

—I've decided to apply for a short course (10 weeks) at a university in Cape Town—What sorta of visa (e. g. Tourist, Study permit, etc...) may I apply for?

—Can I as well lodge over N100,000+ into my account before submitting it along my sister's?—As I've stated in one of my previous posts, I current have N10k+ only in my account.

I'm sorry about the multicolored posts, especially the "Lawn green".
#keepingItSimple.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:13am On Jun 29, 2013
hey all, as my visa stated 'enter on or before July 10' which means expires by 10th. I want to utilize the visa the second time b4 it expires. However i plan traveling on 8th to arrive s.a 9th..since expiring on 10th(am i good to go that way?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Akeema14: 2:08pm On Jun 29, 2013
Pls how can i apply to any school in south africa. Any one to help me out. Tanks 4 ur concern
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 2:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
google is your friend bros
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
hi collinsfbi and others who understands dis issue more. My visa expires on the 10th july, however i plan my departure frm lagos for 8th july and return 15th july(5days after my visa expires. I wish to know if its alright or must my return date frm s.a be no later than 10th july visa expiry? I think since it is indicated on d visa to enter on or b4 10th july, i should have no problem since on entry i get 30days maximum of stay which means i can still remain in S.A until 9th August maximum ...pls let me knw ASAP as i hope to book my ticket in dis manner tomorow. Thanx
opsy4real1: hey all, as my visa stated 'enter on or before July 10' which means expires by 10th. I want to utilize the visa the second time b4 it expires. However i plan traveling on 8th to arrive s.a 9th..since expiring on 10th(am i good to go that way?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jubby(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
@justwise or any info give on here,
Plz ist true dat I don't need a SAQA evaluation wen applying thru abuja embassy.
Nd also r dis d only needed requirements.
Admission letter
Form bi 1738
Letter of self introduction
medical certificate
radiological certificate
police certificate
student medical aid cover
6 months Bank statement or sponsor letter
yellow card certificate
international passport
SAQA (not required at abuja but i submitted)
flight itinery
letter of invitation for accomodation or hotel reservation for some days
1 passport photo with white background
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
Jubby: @justwise or any info give on here,
Plz ist true dat I don't need a SAQA evaluation wen applying thru abuja embassy.
Nd also r dis d only needed requirements.
Admission letter
Form bi 1738
Letter of self introduction
medical certificate
radiological certificate
police certificate
student medical aid cover
6 months Bank statement or sponsor letter
yellow card certificate
international passport
SAQA (not required at abuja but i submitted)
flight itinery
letter of invitation for accomodation or hotel reservation for some days
1 passport photo with white background

To let you know, I also got all the information i needed to make a successful application for my study permit here in nigeria through this forum. Various discussions and updates on this thread ministers invaluable help to prospective applicants. I just submitted my application last week wednesday at abuja and I gave you all the info necessary to apply. Abuja centre accepts applications 11am - 12pm monday to wednesdays and they will stop accepting study permit applications by next month ending, so its advisable for you to hurry with what you want to do in order not to lose out.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 6:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
surecan: i taught VFS is only for short term visitors

Yes, you can get the forms at the nearest south african high commission close to you, lagos or abuja. then fill and submit at abuja. The forms are also available on the internet but there might be slight variation compared with the one that will be given to you at the high commission.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
please house, i dont understand south africa consulars again o. My friend was denied at abuja in month of may ;reason for denial 'INVALID HOTEL BOOKING'. He reapplied again afta 2wks of denial, again he was refused. Reason is 'RECENTLY DENIED'. Wat do they mean as long as he was adviced to reapply if he wishes with all required documents. Do they now expect denied applicants to wait for at least 6 months now just lyk u.s and u.k
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danben(m): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2013
I need SA visa would like to know what i needed in doing this and how much it will cost since this is my first time. am only visiting for a week during my vacation.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2013
surecan: thank you,can one do the medical in any government hospital ,did you submit directly to the embassy or vfs

kingmayor: Yes, u can do the medicals at any recognized government hospital. Long term visas, like study permits are applied for directly at the embassy. cheesy

As @Kingmayor said, you can do your medicals ar any recognized government hospital. However, make sure it's not a specialized hospital like National Orthopaedic Hospital (Igbobi) or Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Yaba. Once the place has a department of FAMILY MEDICINE, you are good to go.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Nnaaiirra: TYPOP, thank you once again, you've been very helpful.

—I've decided to apply for a short course (10 weeks) at a university in Cape Town—What sorta of visa (e. g. Tourist, Study permit, etc...) may I apply for?

—Can I as well lodge over N100,000+ into my account before submitting it along my sister's?—As I've stated in one of my previous posts, I current have N10k+ only in my account.

I'm sorry about the multicolored posts, especially the "Lawn green".
#keepingItSimple.

STENACO: Go and apply for a visitors visa. Any course which is less than three months does not reqiure a study permit.

As @STENACO has stated above, if you are staying for less than 3 months, you will not need the study visa. However, you need to confirm that you will be allowed to register for a course with a Tourist's Permit.

For your other question, yes. If you can boost up your account, it's a plus. Shows you are trying to make contigency funds available to yourself.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
surecan:

thanks for your reply,i have been looking for their website where i can download the application form,medical form and x ray form,pls direct me how to get it,i hope i can just go to the embassy and apply not by appointment

eddiebruk: you can get all required info on SA visa application directly through http://www.vfsglobal.com/ they are responsible for SA visa applications.

surecan: i taught VFS is only for short term visitors

kingmayor:

Yes, you can get the forms at the nearest south african high commission close to you, lagos or abuja. then fill and submit at abuja. The forms are also available on the internet but there might be slight variation compared with the one that will be given to you at the high commission.

@Surecan, what you are applying for determines where you get your form. If you are applying at the High Commission, get your form there cos it's slightly different. Application at VFS is a different process. If you are applying there, go to their website.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
opsy4real1: please house, i dont understand south africa consulars again o. My friend was denied at abuja in month of may ;reason for denial 'INVALID HOTEL BOOKING'. He reapplied again afta 2wks of denial, again he was refused. Reason is 'RECENTLY DENIED'. Wat do they mean as long as he was adviced to reapply if he wishes with all required documents. Do they now expect denied applicants to wait for at least 6 months now just lyk u.s and u.k

Too bad I can't help. I only replied so others who are more experienced along these lines would see and possibly respond.
GUYS PLEASE HELP O.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
@TYPOP—thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
danben: I need SA visa would like to know what i needed in doing this and how much it will cost since this is my first time. am only visiting for a week during my vacation.

Thanks

Bros, this question has been answered before. PLEASE go through this topic and you will get all the answers you need. It is when you don't get answers to particular questions that you should ask. I'm sure folks here will readily answer you then. And by the way, I also learnt most of the things I know from this topic and experience putting my package together. So I'm just like you, most of us are.

Cheers bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 11:47pm On Jul 03, 2013
its da same idiot visa officer who denied him d first visa application that again treated and refused his 2nd refused application..dis is denial of human right and i suppose a lawyer nd ni
TYPOP:

Too bad I can't help. I only replied so others who are more experienced along these lines would see and possibly respond.
GUYS PLEASE HELP O.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lahnder(m): 6:34am On Jul 04, 2013
please help me i applied for my visa since 18th of june ,i haven't recieve any sms or email alert i would like to know if any one applied during this period ... thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:59am On Jul 04, 2013
from where did u apply?lagos or abuja?
lahnder: please help me i applied for my visa since 18th of june ,i haven't recieve any sms or email alert i would like to know if any one applied during this period ... thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 8:58am On Jul 04, 2013
@lahner, I applied on that same day in Abuja but I got a call yesterday to come and pay repatriation fees before 12th of july so na there I dey o. I still dey think am.

Has anybody here paid repatriation fees before?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lahnder(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2013
repatration what? omo make them no bring that one come ooo i haven't recieve any call or text yet sha . i applied through vfs abuja....please update me when you are through
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2013
Im not too sure if this question has been asked and answered before but having gone thru the past post didnt see any definite answer, please need assistance on were one can obtain an accaptable police clearance in ABUJA, please would appreciate any help, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 11:28am On Jul 04, 2013
south africa,,, my fellow brothers i have arrived in the city of pretoria.....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
ayoaces: @lahner, I applied on that same day in Abuja but I got a call yesterday to come and pay repatriation fees before 12th of july so na there I dey o. I still dey think am.

Has anybody here paid repatriation fees before?
If you have the money.. You can go ahead with the payment.. I think they gave you enough time coz deadline for repatriation payment don't exceed two - three days.. Your visa will be granted as soon as the payment is confirmed.. And your receipt will be enclosed with your visa. The money will be returned to you after you return to your home country.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
ekundayomi: south africa,,, my fellow brothers i have arrived in the city of pretoria.....

Welcome bro.. Just be careful and stay away from southy girlsgrin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lahnder(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
How much is repratration fee?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
Please could someone help out if the police certificate can be obtained in ABUJA., tnx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 3:03am On Jul 05, 2013
surdik:
Welcome bro.. Just be careful and stay away from southy girlsgrin
Me and southy girls na one person go wound the other, but its a nice city though.. r you in pretoria..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 4:23am On Jul 05, 2013
lahnder: How much is repratration fee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.