Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729820 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2013
I was describe as being on NQF level 7. But though I knew it was suppose to take 10 day but I cannot tell why it took up to 2months before I got it.
drake2:

yea same bank, but in Rands (645) for a PhD in indegenous knowledge in kwazulu natal.
@ governing? what was d outcome of ur saqa evaluation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
God bless you. I just sent you an email though its kind of authomated. Waiting for your response so that I can give you more detail. Once again God bless you.
surdik:
Ohk its fine... I will help you then,
You can contact me by sending me a mail via nairaland.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HAO1: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2013
@collins,
I hv just renewed my Uk visa (granted 2yrs on July 13 and ofcourse thru valuable info frm Nairaland) and would like to apply 4 SA tourist visa. Do I stand d chance of being granted considering d fact am yet to utilise d renewed UK visa?
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 2:46am On Jul 23, 2013
governing: God bless you. I just sent you an email though its kind of authomated. Waiting for your response so that I can give you more detail. Once again God bless you.
you welcome. have replied. Am do this coz have also been helped here by someone i never met before so i think i should also be to help others too and more so this is a month of blessing (Ramadan) and please keep the house informed.. Thanks.!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drake2(m): 6:33am On Jul 23, 2013
governing: I was describe as being on NQF level 7. But though I knew it was suppose to take 10 day but I cannot tell why it took up to 2months before I got it.

many thanks to All for the communications.

@ governing : Prof. Kaya told me dat a SAQA evaluation point of 8 is needed for m
sc and 9 for a phD.
what r u going for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 8:10am On Jul 23, 2013
Yea I knw. So what I resolve is to apply for B.sc Honour amd after that, I will go for my masters.
drake2:

many thanks to All for the communications.

@ governing : Prof. Kaya told me dat a SAQA evaluation point of 8 is needed for m
sc and 9 for a phD.
what r u going for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drake2(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2013
governing: Yea I knw. So what I resolve is to apply for B.sc Honour amd after that, I will go for my masters.

so they rated ur nigerian first degree not enuf to do masters? I got to change my mind. I cannot do another masters after all d trouble in Ibadan both 1st and 2nd degrees? prof. kaya is nt serious., wud call him now. talk to u later, many thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biodunvegee: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2013
collinsfbi and fellow Nairalanders, I want to go for a training in south africa and the organisation offering the training is providing accommodation.

(1) Do I still need to make hotel bookings?
(2) The organisation also accept payment at the training venue, and this makes me fill uncomfortable as I don't have anything to show as commitment. Though the organisation had sent me a letter stating:

i, Purpose of training.
ii, Kind certification to be obtained after training. and
iii, Duration of the training.

I don't know how to go about this, Please help me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 11:55am On Jul 23, 2013
collinsfbi: for processing time check here http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/holiday_visaprocess.html but most of the time, it usually exceed the stipulated time because of the number of applications received by vfs Lagos. On the other hand, call any of these numbers (01-4612067 or 01-4612050 - only vfs Lagos) and be sure to have your passport number with you when calling, I am sure they will check for you.

Gbamm over n out

thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
olabent85: Pls Collins I have been issued a South African visa before and I travelled last year but during my visit I went to Mozambique and I came back after a week to Nigeria and I reapplied to the embassy but was refused due to the visit I made to Mozambique and my passport was stamped pls and I called the embassy here in lagos nd was told I should apply again and I want to visit SA again cos I like the country pls advice on what to do
pls can you help me with the telephone number of the lagos embassy. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
ayoaces: Hi guys, I've collected my visa o. Thanks for d help
gudluck ooooo. Enjoy your stay there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biodunvegee: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
collinsfbi and fellow Nairalanders, I want to go for a training in south africa and the organisation offering the training is providing accommodation.

(1) Do I still need to make hotel bookings?
(2) The organisation also accept payment at the training venue, and this makes me fill uncomfortable as I don't have anything to show as commitment. Though the organisation had sent me a letter stating:

i, Purpose of training.
ii, Kind certification to be obtained after training. and
iii, Duration of the training.

I don't know how to go about this, Please help me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:33am On Jul 24, 2013
congratulations! Whr did u apply..abuja or lagos? And how many days did it take to process?
ibrak200: gudluck ooooo. Enjoy your stay there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 9:27am On Jul 24, 2013
I'm considering visiting a family member who is a Permanent Resident holder in South Africa. I have seen the required documents for a visiting visa application on page 3 of this thread. However, I need further clarification. Does the embassy honour scanned or faxed documents from the host? Has anyone used any of this format of document and still got the visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Hello house,i submitted my application at the Lagos Embassy for visit Visa on 08 of july stating i will be traveling on 23 july.up till date been 24th of july have been tracking my application online,its still under assessment,Do i cancel my hotel booking now,Do i still stand a chance of giving the Visa..please i need your response house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
jaboza: Hello house,i submitted my application at the Lagos Embassy for visit Visa on 08 of july stating i will be traveling on 23 july.up till date been 24th of july have been tracking my application online,its still under assessment,Do i cancel my hotel booking now,Do i still stand a chance of giving the Visa..please i need your response house.
just have patience your documents will be proccessed. I was denied yesterday say my documents lack credibility
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Clickemmy: 2:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Collinsfbi how u doing bro. I have got my SAQA, I also have my certificate evaluated by the department of higher education and training in which i was given REQV 15 (professionally qualified) i also hold a provinsional membership certificate of South Africa council of Eductors(SACE) I do hear and i know that some nigerians teach in public schøols though i have never been opportuned to meet one. Pls do u know d procedures of applying for teaching jobs in SA. I have also submited my phd thesis proposal @ UP but i need to get a teaching job
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Godson201333(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2013
ibrak200: just have patience your documents will be proccessed. I was denied yesterday say my documents lack credibility

Please i have a friend that is willing to do masters in SA,How much do you think this is going to cost him??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nosagold(m): 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, God is awesome. I just my 3 year visa from the embassy. God is mighty, He can do anything you ask him to
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seyman02: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2013
collinsfbi:

with 60k maximum, i think you are good to go but terms and conditions apply sha ooooo, for instance balance on your acct statement not inlcluded

Gbamm over and out
collins baba is repatration money still existing ni?coz das is my concern of still not starting wit d processing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
seyman02: collins baba is repatration money still existing ni?coz das is my concern of still not starting wit d processing.

My first instinct was to ignore your post. When you direct your question to only one individual, that tends to happen. You would have done well if you started with "Collins baba and other NL users" or something close to that. I should also point out that @Collinsfbi is the most consistent and, probably, the most knowledgeable in these issues. So, this is not to unaappreciate what he has done or disrepect him. Double Gbosa for you @Collinsfbi. #Respect.

However, I will still venture to answer your question.

Yes, the repatriation fee is still being paid by majority of applicants. There are a few however, who escape paying it.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Godson201333(m): 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
Please i need response other NL.

Please i have a friend that is willing to do masters in SA,How much do you think this is going to cost him??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
I am studying in SA and I passed through the same thing. You can make a transfer from a domicillary acount directly to the school account. The will give you the swift code and the account number, from a domicillary account you can wire money directly to their account. I can help you futher if you can not do this that I have said. I am presently in SA so it will makes it easier for you.
governing: @collinsfbi and others. Please I need help on how to pay money into a south African account from nigeria. I am applying to university of Kwazulu-natal and the only means to pay the application fee is directly to the account provided. Note:there is no option to using credit or master card. Please its urgent as your response will be so vital. Tnk and God bless you all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by governing(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
@STENACO,thank you for your response and since you have experience this before, I know you would understand the situation am into. I have tried all possible means but all to no avail. I even try opening a domicilliary account and the procedure and charges are now my concern. Coupled with the fact that I really don't know the importance of the domain account.

Please I won't mind any advice or the suggestion. I have sent you an email.

I would also want to appreciate the effort of surdik(is a nice guy) who is in SA and tried to help but no way out.

STENACO: I am studying in SA and I passed through the same thing. You can make a transfer from a domicillary acount directly to the school account. The will give you the swift code and the account number, from a domicillary account you can wire money directly to their account. I can help you futher if you can not do this that I have said. I am presently in SA so it will makes it easier for you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deevick246(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2013
deevick246: I'm considering visiting a family member who is a Permanent Resident holder in South Africa. I have seen the required documents for a visiting visa application on page 3 of this thread. However, I need further clarification. Does the embassy honour scanned or faxed documents from the host? Has anyone used any of this format of document and still got the visa?

I was able to stumble on the information inquiry I posted here through a personal search. Hence, this inquiry should be disregarded.

Link:

www.saembassy.ru/immigration/visa/Letter_of_invitation.aspx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:51am On Jul 28, 2013
governing: @STENACO,thank you for your response and since you have experience this before, I know you would understand the situation am into. I have tried all possible means but all to no avail. I even try opening a domicilliary account and the procedure and charges are now my concern. Coupled with the fact that I really don't know the importance of the domain account.

Please I won't mind any advice or the suggestion. I have sent you an email.

I would also want to appreciate the effort of surdik(is a nice guy) who is in SA and tried to help but no way out.

Be very careful who you send money to, anything is criminally possible.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by danben(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
guys, how can I cancel my visa application? I have apply for the past three week and still under processing. I need the passport because I want to travel this weekend to another country.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 9:42am On Jul 31, 2013
Godson201333:

am sorry i dont know
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2013
Hello friend pls i was denied a visit visa 2weeks ago so i want to when i can reapply again ?

And please will the invitation letter be signed by the police officer or it just only the sworn letter from my host over there ?

Pls help me out.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2013
Hello friend pls i was denied a visit visa 2weeks ago so i want to knw when i can reapply again ?

And please will the invitation letter be signed by the police officer or it just only the sworn letter from my host over there ?

Pls help me out.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adegob(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
Pls has any1 here been granted tourist visa recently (in abuja), pls when did u apply and when did u get ur visa (i.e hw long did it take)
Pls Can any1 here also help with abuja embassy contacts.. Thanks as you respond, God bless u all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.