Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735750 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surdik(m): 4:25am On Jul 05, 2013
ekundayomi:
Me and southy girls na one person go wound the other, but its a nice city though.. r you in pretoria..
Capetown.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by alphizo(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
@sudik, y u ask @ekundayo to stay away frm southy girls... Pls advice, gist us
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
alphizo: @sudik, y u ask @ekundayo to stay away frm southy girls... Pls advice, gist us
bro for here sex na free. so fr you have your money for drink and have a place.. southy girls are jobless they can stay in your house for 3 weeks..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
hello people, i'm here again to seek opinions and urgent responses needed. I was to travel to south africa yesterday and had been checked in and cleared by immigration as 'seen on departure' than I got an important call b4 boarding the kenyan aircraft and had to forfeit my flight. I actualy wanted to travel b4 my visa expires on 10th july and return afta a week just to utilize d visa b4 expiration and i can apply again on my return to earn me possibly 1yr multiple entry visa. I got s.a visa twice,the 1st frm lagos which i utilized in january, and 2nd time at abuja in april and was again issued 3 months. But now i wont be able to make d trip on d 2nd issued visa which expires 10th. Now i want to knw if i can stil be issued at least 6months on my 3rd try. Also, can i detail in my self intro leta dat i was meant to travel on 5th july but rescheduled my plan cos they might be curious why 'seen on departure immigration stamp is on my passport and no arrival stamp to my destination whatsoever.also do i include the kenyan airways confirmed ticket for dat missed date? I should av changed dates if i were sure of wen i'm gettin visa if i apply. Or do i just make a flight bookin wit s.a airways to secure my visa and then change my already paid ticket date wit kenyan airways. Thanx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 6:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
Bro ...Am applying at the Lagos application center tomorrow...please i need your advice on this ..The self introduction letter i wrote carrys 05 july 2013,but i will be submitting tomorrow 08 JULY 2013..please i hope this does not affect my application..or i do change the date to Monday's date which is 08 july 2013..please urgent response
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
jaboza: Bro ...Am applying at the Lagos application center tomorrow...please i need your advice on this ..The self introduction letter i wrote carrys 05 july 2013,but i will be submitting tomorrow 08 JULY 2013..please i hope this does not affect my application..or i do change the date to Monday's date which is 08 july 2013..please urgent response

it does not matter, u can submit it like that. What type of visa are u applying for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:56am On Jul 08, 2013
am waiting for ur opinions pls
opsy4real1: hello people, i'm here again to seek opinions and urgent responses needed. I was to travel to south africa yesterday and had been checked in and cleared by immigration as 'seen on departure' than I got an important call b4 boarding the kenyan aircraft and had to forfeit my flight. I actualy wanted to travel b4 my visa expires on 10th july and return afta a week just to utilize d visa b4 expiration and i can apply again on my return to earn me possibly 1yr multiple entry visa. I got s.a visa twice,the 1st frm lagos which i utilized in january, and 2nd time at abuja in april and was again issued 3 months. But now i wont be able to make d trip on d 2nd issued visa which expires 10th. Now i want to knw if i can stil be issued at least 6months on my 3rd try. Also, can i detail in my self intro leta dat i was meant to travel on 5th july but rescheduled my plan cos they might be curious why 'seen on departure immigration stamp is on my passport and no arrival stamp to my destination whatsoever.also do i include the kenyan airways confirmed ticket for dat missed date? I should av changed dates if i were sure of wen i'm gettin visa if i apply. Or do i just make a flight bookin wit s.a airways to secure my visa and then change my already paid ticket date wit kenyan airways. Thanx.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2013
i need urgent response on this issue please and opinions. Thanks
opsy4real1: please house, i dont understand south africa consulars again o. My friend was denied at abuja in month of may ;reason for denial 'INVALID HOTEL BOOKING'. He reapplied again afta 2wks of denial, again he was refused. Reason is 'RECENTLY DENIED'. Wat do they mean as long as he was adviced to reapply if he wishes with all required documents. Do they now expect denied applicants to wait for at least 6 months now just lyk u.s and u.k
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by damola91: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2013
@TYPOP Chairman! i have submitted the application at their abuja embassy 2 weeks ago. They told me to call back. Tried them already, number ddnt go thru. Would kip trying tho. How long is the processing supposed to take sef?!!!!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
opsy4real1: please house, i dont understand south africa consulars again o. My friend was denied at abuja in month of may ;reason for denial 'INVALID HOTEL BOOKING'. He reapplied again afta 2wks of denial, again he was refused. Reason is 'RECENTLY DENIED'. Wat do they mean as long as he was adviced to reapply if he wishes with all required documents. Do they now expect denied applicants to wait for at least 6 months now just lyk u.s and u.k
My first questions are; Did your friend arrange his supporting documents himself? Did he make payment for his hotel booking himself? The reason being that, your hotel confirmation maybe be forged including some other undisclosed documents most especially if someone did it for you and that may earn you a ban unknowingly because forgery is a serious immigration offense when it comes to traveling and securing visas. To save your money, i will advise you to forge SA for a while.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
opsy4real1: hello people, i'm here again to seek opinions and urgent responses needed. I was to travel to south africa yesterday and had been checked in and cleared by immigration as 'seen on departure' than I got an important call b4 boarding the kenyan aircraft and had to forfeit my flight. I actualy wanted to travel b4 my visa expires on 10th july and return afta a week just to utilize d visa b4 expiration and i can apply again on my return to earn me possibly 1yr multiple entry visa. I got s.a visa twice,the 1st frm lagos which i utilized in january, and 2nd time at abuja in april and was again issued 3 months. But now i wont be able to make d trip on d 2nd issued visa which expires 10th. Now i want to knw if i can stil be issued at least 6months on my 3rd try. Also, can i detail in my self intro leta dat i was meant to travel on 5th july but rescheduled my plan cos they might be curious why 'seen on departure immigration stamp is on my passport and no arrival stamp to my destination whatsoever.also do i include the kenyan airways confirmed ticket for dat missed date? I should av changed dates if i were sure of wen i'm gettin visa if i apply. Or do i just make a flight bookin wit s.a airways to secure my visa and then change my already paid ticket date wit kenyan airways. Thanx.
If you really want to travel, you can still travel even on the expiration date of your visa as long as you are financially ok but if you are not willing to spend another money of flight ticket, you can reapply but that may not give 1yr multiple entry. As for reapplying, you can do that with just flight reservation with South African Airways.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
thank u vry much. I'l reapply wit ordinary reservation.
collinsfbi: If you really want to travel, you can still travel even on the expiration date of your visa as long as you are financially ok but if you are not willing to spend another money of flight ticket, you can reapply but that may not give 1yr multiple entry. As for reapplying, you can do that with just flight reservation with South African Airways.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
yes, he did it all himself and i guided him frm knwoledge tapped frm dis forum...all he used were genuine so no fret abt dat. So also, it was observant it was same consular officer that treated the initial denial cos same signature was on both refusal. But in actuality ALL SUBMITTED DOCUMENTS WERE GENUINE...
collinsfbi:
My first questions are; Did your friend arrange his supporting documents himself? Did he make payment for his hotel booking himself? The reason being that, your hotel confirmation maybe be forged including some other undisclosed documents most especially if someone did it for you and that may earn you a ban unknowingly because forgery is a serious immigration offense when it comes to traveling and securing visas. To save your money, i will advise you to forge SA for a while.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
smokes: Im not too sure if this question has been asked and answered before but having gone thru the past post didnt see any definite answer, please need assistance on were one can obtain an accaptable police clearance in ABUJA, please would appreciate any help, thanks.

smokes: Please could someone help out if the police certificate can be obtained in ABUJA., tnx

I am not familiar with Abuja's geography but this is a known fact. You can only obtain your POLICE CLEARANCE from two major places in Nigeria (and they will process it there) viz: Force CID, Alagbon, Lagos, and Police Headquarters in Abuja. All other states will send your forms to these places for processing. So, if you are in Abuja, find your way to Police headquarters (wherever that is in Abuja), you will get it done there.

Check this post for clarifications - https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/385#14589955

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
@ TYPOP, thanks for ur response. Another thing did you have to write an introductory letter while applying for study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lahnder(m): 9:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hye please help has any one got text from the VFS office in Abuja i mean those that applied with 18th to 25th of june...thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by patwolex(m): 11:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hi, pls is it true that from now on, nigeria to south africa is now a visa free trip? Have they started? If not, when is it going to proceed? Finally, is it true that once I have my E-passport , all I need to do is get a ticket to south africa without applying for Visa again? Or this is just a rumour...pls get bk to me,pals...its urgent and I want to be enlightened on this issue....thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:34am On Jul 09, 2013
patwolex: Hi, pls is it true that from now on, nigeria to south africa is now a visa free trip? Have they started? If not, when is it going to proceed? Finally, is it true that once I have my E-passport , all I need to do is get a ticket to south africa without applying for Visa again? Or this is just a rumour...pls get bk to me,pals...its urgent and I want to be enlightened on this issue....thanks
Don't be deceived, there is nothing like that.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Greetings everyone... I'm about to submit my application for a visitor visa — purpose of traveling is 10 weeks short course.

Please... I like to know what kind of accommodation arrangement I need put in place before submitting my file. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
damola91: @TYPOP Chairman! i have submitted the application at their abuja embassy 2 weeks ago. They told me to call back. Tried them already, number ddnt go thru. Would kip trying tho. How long is the processing supposed to take sef?!!!!!!!

Processing time depends on where you apply {(Lagos or Abuja) and (VFS or directly at the embassy)}, and what you are applying for. In all, you can keep track by calling them when they ask you to call them. The numbers they gave are going. I spoke with them last week. However, keep your passport number in hand when you call them because they will surely ask for it.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
smokes: @ TYPOP, thanks for ur response. Another thing did you have to write an introductory letter while applying for study permit.

No. I did not write a letter of introduction. However, my sponsor and my interim host in SA both wrote letters of introduction.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nnaaiirra: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2013
@TYPOP... Kindly spare some words on my question above. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
@ Surdik. thanks o. I paid d money yesterday for me and my daughter so am waiting. will keep u guys posted

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by patwolex(m): 1:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Pls I have a south south africa visiting visa and I also got an admission in a canadian university and I am suppose to resume by september,but I have not applied for student visa to canada...I know its not possible for me to apply in nigeria again for a canadian visa, cos the time is too short...pls, is it possible for me to apply for a canadian student visa in south africa? I mean when I get to south africa dis month end,is it possible for me to go and apply for my student visa at d canadian embassy in south africa with my nigeria passport? Pls I need an urgent answer,cos I don't ant to loose my admission....lastly, how can I defer my admission if that's d only choice left?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:42am On Jul 11, 2013
hello collinsfbi and others, i am to go renew my visa on tuesday 16th july at abuja and with intended plans to travel on 10 august and depart 17th august. However my passport expires 11 jan 2014 which wud make my passport validity less than 5 months frm my intended departure date and i undastand its like applicant passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond departure date. Now I cant apply wit such passport? I'm applying a re-issue of pasport at immigration office today. I would like to ask do i use d old passport number or the new passport num to apply wen i get it re-issued?thx
opsy4real1: thank u vry much. I'l reapply wit ordinary reservation.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:09am On Jul 11, 2013
patwolex: Pls I have a south south africa visiting visa and I also got an admission in a canadian university and I am suppose to resume by september,but I have not applied for student visa to canada...I know its not possible for me to apply in nigeria again for a canadian visa, cos the time is too short...pls, is it possible for me to apply for a canadian student visa in south africa? I mean when I get to south africa dis month end,is it possible for me to go and apply for my student visa at d canadian embassy in south africa with my nigeria passport? Pls I need an urgent answer,cos I don't ant to loose my admission....lastly, how can I defer my admission if that's d only choice left?
You cannot apply because of your status as a visitor, only Nigerian holders of Resident Permit (either Permanent of Temporary)can apply for such visa through South Africa except if you are visiting neighbouring countries like Swaziland and others

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2013
opsy4real1: hello collinsfbi and others, i am to go renew my visa on tuesday 16th july at abuja and with intended plans to travel on 10 august and depart 17th august. However my passport expires 11 jan 2014 which wud make my passport validity less than 5 months frm my intended departure date and i undastand its like applicant passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond departure date. Now I cant apply wit such passport? I'm applying a re-issue of pasport at immigration office today. I would like to ask do i use d old passport number or the new passport num to apply wen i get it re-issued?thx
If your current passport is to expire by Jan 2014 then your passport is still valid for application/immigration scrutiny. Since you plan to travel on 10th August then you are free because all you need is a valid passport (validity of at least 30days after the intended stay)

check here for further clarification
http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Checklist_final_version_29.08.12.pdf

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2013
ure wondaful bro...more of God's wisdom!
collinsfbi: If your current passport is to expire by Jan 2014 then your passport is still valid for application/immigration scrutiny. Since you plan to travel on 10th August then you are free because all you need is a valid passport (validity of at least 30days after the intended stay)

check here for further clarification
http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/pdf/Checklist_final_version_29.08.12.pdf

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2013
I submitted my application for visitors visa 1st of july in vfs global lagos but I don't know how long it will take for the processing to be done. How many weeks will it take to be out ?
Thanks & waiting replies
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2013
Nnaaiirra: Greetings everyone... I'm about to submit my application for a visitor visa — purpose of traveling is 10 weeks short course.

Please... I like to know what kind of accommodation arrangement I need put in place before submitting my file. Thank you.

Just book for an hotel online. If you have friends or family who can host you (they must have permanent resident status), let them write you a letter of introduction (indicating they will be hosting you and what you are coming to do there) along with your package.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.