Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735586 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 11:43am On Jul 13, 2019
Sircreeden:
@Ruthiegal

Will you stop giving false news here, how can you applied last week and visa issues? That's impossible even far back 2011 when we applied for visitor it's takes exactly 2weeks to be issued now it's 2019 it's not that easy
its possible my brother,a friend of mine applied on Monday and got his visa on Wednesday. He is now in SA (sunny side) so what may not work for u ,will work for someone else.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2019
Sircreeden:
@Ruthiegal

Will you stop giving false news here, how can you applied last week and visa issues? That's impossible even far back 2011 when we applied for visitor it's takes exactly 2weeks to be issued now it's 2019 it's not that easy

Oga it's not false news okay

I have about 2 friends who it took just 24 hours to get visa late last year and early this year

So please calm down ,if it hasn't happen to you doesn't means it's not possible ,the world doesn't revolves around you .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
2fine2fast:

I don't agree with you. Everybody has their own way and luck. When I applied for my study visa in 2016 it took 6 working days. Now it's taking forever. I also think the short term visas are on the better side than long terms.

You explained without insult it shows the level of Maturity. Thank you very much

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2019
I rejoice with those that had their visa without their precious time being wasted.l know that one day,as God lives,we will also get our own visa and we shall all be happy.This should not cause problem at all.l believe there is time for everything.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by finix77: 5:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
Demilade1:

Not the reason! I applied afresh with different documents for a new school. Just God's grace!

Demilade1, pls could you share the documents you sent for your second application? Though I was able to catch some things it would really help keep mine on track. Thanks in advance!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by twnklshop: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2019
Manager007:

I can authoritatively inform you that if you submit just that Islamic marriage certificate for your Relative Permit, your application will be automatically rejected. The reasons being muslim marriages are not recognized under SA laws. Muslims in CapeTown are still trying to get this bill passed.

Under SA laws, you are both recognised as Life Partners. Which enjoys the same benefits of a Marriage visas as well

What you should do, is first to both sign an Affidavit before a lawyer or use the DHA form 1712-A , attesting that you are both over 18 and in a cohabitation, and in a relation that exclude other other parties and that you will or are already sharing bills. Sign that form and take to a lawyer or get it certified and signed before a police officer at a Police Station.

Thereafter, include a letter explaining why you married in the Islamic way and submit your application.

I can guarantee you, only then you will be issued a Relative Permit.

Very important to note, on any forms or the VFS, you are NOT applying for a Spousal Visa but a RELATIVE Visa. The are two different things. Spouse visas are for those who are married either in Court or under customary South African marriages e.g paying lobola etc. The issuance of a Marriage certificate in this case gives you full right to apply for Spousal permit.

If you want to work, study or conduct your own business with that Relative Visa, then include relevant documents which will come with conditions to either Work, or Study or Conduct Business

Spousal visas and/or Life Partner Visas are now called “ Visitor’s Visa ( 11(6)- To accompany spouse and work/study etc
If you have further questions, please feel to ask

Al the best

A Google search I made for the following questions directed me to this your post. This is a January 2018 post it's possible that laws could have changed. The way you answered the question showed you are quite knowledgeable on the matter and it made Google to put your post on the first page of search results. So I decided to quote you and ask you a few questions.

These are the questions;

1. Is a Nigerian citizen (man) on a tourist visa allowed to get married to a South African citizen (woman) in South Africa?

2. If the answer to question 1 is Yes, after the marriage can the man apply for a temporary residence permit in South Africa or must he return to Nigeria to apply for it?

3. If the answer to question 1 is No, in what way can a Nigerian man get married to his South African fiancee and move to South Africa without breaking either Nigerian or South African law?

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fasasiidris: 7:42am On Jul 14, 2019
Good Day NLs, Please how much is the current visa fee for holiday visitor. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2019
https://twitter.com/samtoog/status/1150307132157415424?s=21
I just tweeted about the delay in issuance of study permit at the Abuja high commission, I’ll advise everyone that has a delay in Abuja to do same and call in the home affairs minister to intervene. Let’s see what happens. Fingers crossed

7 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drlincs: 9:17am On Jul 15, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2019
Good morning house, this is another week Abuja High commission let this week be a week of good news for all Abuja applicant. Ooooooolll

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ifededayo: 11:45am On Jul 15, 2019
Good Morning everyone here , please I need guidance or hints towards The South African Qualification Achievement (SAQA), I am about to apply for a masters admission to university of pretoria with deadline of August 31st for Non South African Students.

Please I need advice if I would be able to meet up with that deadline to commence the SAQA and the procedures involved , please I will so much appreciate any guide I would be getting towards the Evaluation, forms to fill, documents to send and the Fees involved.

I believe this would be helpful to others who would need this information as well.

Thank You
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by michaellild(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
Amen oo. I'm patiently waiting.

DoubleGiant:

Be patient,, you will hear from them this month... Lagos treated the visa applications of those who applied in February last month,, I think they will be treating applications for march this month... so yours will come soon..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by michaellild(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
SAQA takes about tow weeks or less to get a feedback. What might take your time is how fast you can get your transcript.
What you will need are
1.) Undergraduate transcript attached with your degree certificate.
2.) WAEC certificate
3.) Unused WAEC scratch card
4.) There are two forms you'll print while applying on their to print and fill.
NOTE: You are to send all these document in hard copy to their mailing address on their site. You can't send the original of number 1-3, so you have to go to a near by law court and get the photocopies stamped (certifies true copy). Each page should coat about 100-150 Naira.
The SAQA fee is about 40,000 Naira excluding DHL, for the two documents you're vetting.
This Is for Masters degree.

Ifededayo:
Good Morning everyone here , please I need guidance or hints towards The South African Qualification Achievement (SAQA), I am about to apply for a masters admission to university of pretoria with deadline of August 31st for Non South African Students.

Please I need advice if I would be able to meet up with that deadline to commence the SAQA and the procedures involved , please I will so much appreciate any guide I would be getting towards the Evaluation, forms to fill, documents to send and the Fees involved.

I believe this would be helpful to others who would need this information as well.

Thank You

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by michaellild(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
Please are you affliated to them and how true is this news. My medical insurance is running already �� I'm putting my hopes high on your word. Thanks.

DoubleGiant:

Be patient,, you will hear from them this month... Lagos treated the visa applications of those who applied in February last month,, I think they will be treating applications for march this month... so yours will come soon..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2019
Jonesjoe:
My friend was denied twice and now he is in SA ..... said he entered through Mozambique and it was easy for him to process his papers while in SA through Mozambique. Pls does anyone know about moving into SA from Mozambique?
Since your friend came via Mozambique or Maputo he is in the best position to explain the route to you . however the Mozambique to SA is always via bush track / border without proper immigration check . The risk hazardous dont try it .Even if u succeed you become illegal in SA .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ifededayo:

Thank You
Submit your application now it will show pending " Saqa evaluation " you upload once your is saqa . if your degree was 4years program your saqa evaluation will likely be level 7 ,if 5 years program level 8 . if your evaluation is level 7 you will be accepted for honours or 2years Master program .For saqa evaluation u need to submit only undergraduate results but if you have ond and HND both will be needed . Above all let your proposal be meaningful and problem solving so that you can have funding . Apply at Wits university also the school is okay with great scholarship opportunity .

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 9:02pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 9:16pm On Jul 15, 2019
samtol4:
Submit your application now it will show pending " Saqa evaluation " you upload once your is saqa . if your degree was 4years program your saqa evaluation will likely be level 7 ,if 5 years program level 8 . if your evaluation is level 7 you will be accepted for honours or 2years Master program .For saqa evaluation u need to submit only undergraduate results but if you have ond and HND both will be needed . Above all let your proposal be meaningful and problem solving so that you can have funding . Apply at Wits university also the school is okay with great scholarship opportunity .

If I already have Msc and want to apply for either another Msc or PhD, do I need to also evaluate my waec result or I just need my Bsc and Credentials.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anvicola: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
My first degree was 5 years Btech and I was given NQF 07 PRE-2009.

And I paid about 70k for both waec and first degree evaluation plus courier

samtol4:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by frontendsoftwar(m): 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2019
Please can someone recommend a hotel I can book for in Johannesburg. I am going for a tourist visa.

And I heard I have to make the hotel booking directly with the hotel management.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by michaellild(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2019
She probably used the VIP process. I'm not certain. But what would she have done differently.

timaji2003:

But l know somebody that got her study visa in Lagos within 8 weeks.She applied in April and got it in June.Abuja has not been releasing any study permit since February.l stand to be corrected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.