Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732754 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Teefab:

They certify/motorized outside VFS in Lekki, a guy does that. When did u get it response and were u also asked to do a written representation?
I'm planning on doing that this coming week but I really hope they will allow someone to makes the submission on my behalf.
Please, how much does it cost to certify your document, because I want to do that for my credentials.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayinkala(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hello everyone..

Please do I need to first book an appointment before I submit to VFS in Abuja?

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by frontendsoftwar(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hello Everyone, I need your reply urgently. This is especially for those who has submitted their visa requirements.

1. Please did you book for appointment online. How did you go about it.

2. Someone said I will need to send them an email with scanned copy of my international passport bio data page. I did that Today. But no response from VFS. How long does it take for them to respond.

3. Or did you guys travel to Lagos personally to book appointment date.

Please I need your responses.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sirrotex: 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
VFS does not respond immediately but they would surely respond. Response usually comes late at night. Just be patient, you do not need to go to their office.

Though you may get an earlier date if you go to their office
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 11:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello everyone
Pls I want to asked this question if anyone already in SA heard about immigration taking over vfs in Pretoria to be precised and arresting those with expired visa or coming for renewal..
Am in SA and I wanted to go and renew my document that has expired a month ago anyone with info pls dm me or quote thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
osinawanta:
Hello everyone
Pls I want to asked this question if anyone already in SA heard about immigration taking over vfs in Pretoria to be precised and arresting those with expired visa or coming for renewal..
Am in SA and I wanted to go and renew my document that has expired a month ago anyone with info pls dm me or quote thanks

I just renewed my visa though 2 months to expiry and no one arrest me

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hi all,

I would like to ask if it is compulsory to certify marriage and birth certificate at the ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja.
Also, who knows if one can get yellow card at other States than Lagos (Ibadan for example)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2019
Lukgaf:
Hi all,

I would like to ask if it is compulsory to certify marriage and birth certificate at the ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja.
Also, who knows if one can get yellow card at other States than Lagos (Ibadan for example)

In the past you can get it anywhere even in Ife. I'm not sure about now cos with the new system, the card number has to be linked to your name and passport number.
I would advise that you try to get it in Lagos perhaps.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
osinawanta:
Hello everyone

If your visa has expired you shouldn't be in SA man �
VFS requires that your permit be valid for at least 6weeks bfor renewal I think

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
ayinkala:
Hello everyone..

Please do I need to first book an appointment before I submit to VFS in Abuja?

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks

No u Don't need too, but I'll advice u submit in Lag(u can send someone to book an appointment for u ones he/she has the photocopy of ur data page) due to the time difference it takes to issue visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2019
frontendsoftwar:
Hello Everyone, I need your reply urgently. This is especially for those who has submitted their visa requirements.

1. Please did you book for appointment online. How did you go about it.

2. Someone said I will need to send them an email with scanned copy of my international passport bio data page. I did that Today. But no response from VFS. How long does it take for them to respond.

3. Or did you guys travel to Lagos personally to book appointment date.

Please I need your responses.

Thank you.
1. No
2.Nil
3.Sent someone to book the appointment on my behalf( the person went along with a copy of my Biodata page)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2019
Did anybody get study visa in July?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 9:19am On Jul 29, 2019
Not sure. We are still in July tho. Let's keep hoping. I also applied for study visa.
timaji2003:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fatimar5(f): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2019
Good morning house, please I will like to know how long it takes to get visa response. I applied for a sa visa to attend a 3days Conference in second week of August. I submitted my documents on 19th of July and got an automated email saying it has been forwarded for processing but till date I haven't heard anything else. Anyone with any helpful info or contact will be so much appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fatimar5(f): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2019
Good morning house, please I will like to know how long it takes to get visa response. I applied for a sa visa to attend a 3days Conference in second week of August. I submitted my documents on 19th of July and got an automated email saying it has been forwarded for processing but till date I haven't heard anything else. Anyone with any helpful info or contact will be so much appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2019
fatimar5:

It takes 10 -15 working days......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2019
timaji2003:
Have you gotten yours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 10:34am On Jul 29, 2019
Teefab:
Hello everyone
....Applied On the 11th of July at the Lagos VFS for a visitors visa for my 3 months old daughter and myself.Got a mail and message that it's ready for pick up yesterday 25th (10working days I total) Been to SA thrice.Got the visa but my baby wasn't given.
Reason .....that my husband's data page wasn't motorized
And that her birth certificate lacks credibility (She was born in a private hospital, but we obtained the government birth certificate when processing her passport, I submitted that and certified it as well)

This is what was written below the reasons given.......
You may within 10 working days frm receipt of the notification make written representation to the south African Consulate General Lagos via VFS,visa Application center Lagos

Pls house as per it's an authorized directives from the consulate itself, I wanna asked if i will still need to book an appointment

And secondly, thinking of including all pictures from my Preggo day to delievery day till date.

Please advice ooo and can someone submit all this on my behalf as I Don't reside in Lagos.

Will greatly appreciate your response. Thanks

Your child's birth certificate must be certified at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja. My daughter's visa was denied in January for the same reason of her birth certificate lacking credibility. Had to authenticate it first at the Ministry of Foreign affairs before resubmitting it. Relative Visa it was tho.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2019
DoubleGiant:

Have you gotten yours?
No.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for that bro. How much is required per head to be in a statement of account for accompany/relative visa
Blissfulchild1:

Your child's birth certificate must be certified at the Ministry of foreign affairs in Abuja. My daughter's visa was denied in January for the same reason of her birth certificate lacking credibility. Had to authenticate it first at the Ministry of Foreign affairs before resubmitting it. Relative Visa it was tho.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2019
Blissfulchild1:

am in Ibadan plz can I certify mine at the high court?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 8:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
[quote author=Damimubo post=80736867]am in Ibadan plz can I certify mine at the high court?[/quot

No you can't. You need to go to Ministry of Foreign affairs to authenticate it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Lukgaf:
Sorry for that bro. How much is required per head to be in a statement of account for accompany/relative visa

Relative Visa was eventually granted June, after resubmitting with authenticated birth certificate.

I really can't say anything about the amount in ones account, my hubby sent us his SA bank account statement.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Everrose2007: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
easyxtan:
Applied on 24th May for a Tourist Visa in Lagos and just got email for collection today 11th June. with the concluded public holidays, it means it only took 9 working days to finalize my application. This will be my second visit to south Africa, have visited in 2016.

Calvary greetings my brethren . I have invitation from Australian embassy for interview on my partner visa at Pretoria South Africa.we have plead with them through email to come to Nigeria for the interview they refused. The interview is schedule 13 August 2019 .My worries How do i go about getting tourist to South Africa before 13 August .where can i get it from before 13 August . I have so much tension already , Please your contribution will help me a lot . I leave Portharcourt, I have been waiting for the interview for close to 3 years now .Australia things no here . please help a brother in need with information .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 12:53am On Jul 30, 2019
Blissfulchild1:

Thanks alot for this information, really appreciate.
Pls did u appeal the decision or applied again? And how long did it take?And did u submit in Lag or Abj?

Also, can i have someone help me visit the ministry in Abuja as I am not in Abj?
Hope its something that can be done in just a few hours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omix2: 1:36am On Jul 30, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 9:03am On Jul 30, 2019
Plz does anyone knows if the ministry of foreign affairs has an office in Ibadan or Abeokuta, secondly am I to certify my husband data page as well as our marriage certificate too. Thanks ur quick response will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Accompany visa takes how long?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
I applied for study visa to SA since May 17. Up till now no info yet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
How long does a study visa take? I have applied since May 17

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.