Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730806 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 2:02pm On Jul 30, 2019
Go to Abuja.It is only done in Abuja.
Damimubo:
Plz does anyone knows if the ministry of foreign affairs has an office in Ibadan or Abeokuta, secondly am I to certify my husband data page as well as our marriage certificate too. Thanks ur quick response will be appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
Omix2:

Hi @blissfulchild,
Was the bank statement couriered or emailed?
Was it the bank stamped or online stamped statement?
And was it certified?

It was emailed. Yes, certified and bank stamped.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2019
Teefab:

Thanks alot for this information, really appreciate.
Pls did u appeal the decision or applied again? And how long did it take?And did u submit in Lag or Abj?

Also, can i have someone help me visit the ministry in Abuja as I am not in Abj?
Hope its something that can be done in just a few hours?

I re applied. It took 5 months before we got a reply and granted visa. from end January to first week in June.

Yes someone can go on your behalf with the documents. Tho I really think you need to press some buttons oo.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blissfulchild1: 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2019
Damimubo:
Plz does anyone knows if the ministry of foreign affairs has an office in Ibadan or Abeokuta, secondly am I to certify my husband data page as well as our marriage certificate too. Thanks ur quick response will be appreciated.

Only at Abuja. Yes you will certify your marriage certificate there too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
Blissfulchild1:

I re applied. It took 5 months before we got a reply and granted visa. from end January to first week in June.

Yes someone can go on your behalf with the documents. Tho I really think you need to press some buttons oo.
Thanks again,Pls what documents are required again apart from the original birth cert( National population commission Certification of Birth & the one from the hospital)?
And pls how long did it take you to get it done?
Pls link me up if you have someone there �
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2019
Blissfulchild1:

And pls how much was it done?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
I was at VHS today to get date for submission, I was given 5th of September, I think more people are applying for SA visa lately.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lagos or abuja?

dre44k:
I was at VHS today to get date for submission, I was given 5th of September, I think more people are applying for SA visa lately.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Qhan: 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please is R850,000 gross salary in cape town a good pay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lukgaf:
Lagos or abuja?

Obviously Lagos. They dont book appointments in Abuja. You walk in and submit. Spent max 1hr doing that last week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Okay. Abuja will soon be crowded now too
Restricted:

Obviously Lagos. They dont book appointments in Abuja. You walk in and submit. Spent max 1hr doing that last week.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
Blissfulchild1:

Only at Abuja. Yes you will certify your marriage certificate there too.
.. thanks, have made some calls I was told I can do it at the federal ministry of foreign affairs in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lukgaf(m): 7:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Damimubo:
.. thanks, have made some calls I was told I can do it at the federal ministry of foreign affairs in Lagos.

Who did you call?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2019
Restricted:

If you like to have your passport on time,you better face Lagos because my passport has been in Abuja for 6 months without feedback.It is just an advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2019
Damimubo:

Pls who gave you that information that you can do it at the FMFA Lagos? And Hope the person is certain of that?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Amuocha: 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2019
Unemployment in SA as of this last quarter 29% embarassed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lukgaf:

Who did you call?
why do u want to know who I called, u shud be more interested in the message I passed. How can u certify ur doc only in Abuja, whereas they have an office in Lagos too. Common sense
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Teefab post=80781455]

Pls who gave you that information that you can do it at the FMFA Lagos? And Hope the person is certain of that? I got the information from someone working with fed inland revenue, the person said I either go to Abija or Lagos. U can do ur findings too and share.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Far better Sir but if they can provide you with an estimated gross, what will it cost them to do the same and provide you Net estimate. Otherwise I believe it's far better.

Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Please is R850,000 gross salary in cape town a good pay for someone earning N550K net in Nigeria?

Also, which area in cape town has high concentration of Nigerians and what is the average cost of rent per month in such areas.

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2019
Lagos.
Lukgaf:
Lagos or abuja?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2019
Everrose2007:
Calvary greetings my brethren . I have invitation from Australian embassy for interview on my partner visa at Pretoria South Africa.we have plead with them through email to come to Nigeria for the interview they refused. The interview is schedule 13 August 2019 .My worries How do i go about getting tourist to South Africa before 13 August .where can i get it from before 13 August . I have so much tension already , Please your contribution will help me a lot . I leave Portharcourt, I have been waiting for the interview for close to 3 years now .Australia things no here . please help a brother in need with information .
By now you should have applied for SA visa . No need pleading for Australian Embassy to interview u in Nigeria ,immigration policy of Aussies will not be breached to suit individual or any group

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zi: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2019
smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Everrose2007: 1:36am On Jul 31, 2019
samtol4:
By now you should have applied for SA visa . No need pleading for Australian Embassy to interview u in Nigeria ,immigration policy of Aussies will not be breached to suit individual or any group
thanks, my problem is where can i location south Africa embassy Nigeria now . There is no time again left . I have only two Weeks left . Can I get visa before 13 August
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bmkaevents: 4:19am On Jul 31, 2019
Everrose2007:
thanks, my problem is where can i location south Africa embassy Nigeria now . There is no time again left . I have only two Weeks left . Can I get visa before 13 August

I advise you inform your interviewers of the difficulty around scheduling a submission and getting South African visa in Nigeria. Also suggest to them if they could do an online interview for you or make a very special plea for you with the department of home affairs SA to expedite your visa processing. Alternatively, explore the possibility of applying in a neighbouring country, say Ghana.

For now, the bottlenecks of visa processing at the VFS Lagos and the delays at the high commission and embassy in Lagos and Abuja may not be suitable for your timeline.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Qhan: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2019
Juwohn:
Far better Sir but if they can provide you with an estimated gross, what will it cost them to do the same and provide you Net estimate. Otherwise I believe it's far better.

Thanks.

They arent providing net cos they say it is ctc (cost to company), which means i will be responsible for tax and pension and medicals.

Do you have an idea of areas within cape town where a lot of Nigerian professionals are resident?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Favour999: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2019
Any update on student visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jolomik: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2019
How can I apply through visitors visa? What if someone sends me an invitation letter from SA? I have a girl and another guy ,they are both South Africans,what if I receive an invitation from them,can I be able to come through their invitation? Pls i need an honest answer?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 31, 2019
Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Please is R850,000 gross salary in cape town a good pay for someone earning N550K net in Nigeria?

Also, which area in cape town has high concentration of Nigerians and what is the average cost of rent per month in such areas.

Thanks.

That pay is very good and will cover for a decent life in CT. The quality of life it would afford you will be wayy better than if you were earning 1million in Nigeria.

From my experience, I found that a lot of Nigerians reside around Tableview/Parklands axis. There's a popular RCCG church there too. The rest, which are mostly UCT students, are in Rondebosch.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Firewall02: 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2019
Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

The above mentioned pay is juicy and good brother. I advice you take the offer.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by fatimar5(f): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
Qhan:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Converting this to naira using the my recent SA transaction rate that's like earning over 1.8million naira monthly (compared to the #550k). This is a better off sir. Grab it! I advice. Net or no net. Shalom
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2019
Qhan:

Thanks.

They arent providing net cos they say it is ctc (cost to company), which means i will be responsible for tax and pension and medicals.

Do you have an idea of areas within cape town where a lot of Nigerian professionals are resident?

I don't stay in Cape Town but in Johannesburg where I spend half of my time I don't want to stay near my brothers. I find it better to stay apart than being neighbors. It's funny but my preference. Just get a safe neighborhood, a few NG friends and know where the NG market is - my advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by khrisgraphix(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
Please who have received a response from vFS lately. . . It's more than 2weeks I applied in Lagos and yet no response

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.