Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734100 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by easyxtan: 7:44am On Aug 15, 2019
TOPEADE1:

I should expect mine soon because I applied on the 24th June for study Visa, however, please confirm from him because 23rd is a Sunday and they don't attend to people on Sunday I think.

Oh my mistake he applied on June 26,in Lagos, it was a tourist visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2019
Sircreeden:
Please I would like to ask for your advice on what to do. I did apply for relative visa Jan 2019, up till now no response. I have sent emails upon emails even submitted a letter personally at vfs Lagos. And the manager assured me she will deliver it to the embassy on my behalf. Still no update and I'm getting frustrated with the whole thing..
Kind regards

Difficult to advise my brother. I know a very close person also that applied for Relative Visa and still waiting. Sad thing is, there's little option than to wait. If anyone has personal contacts of the consular or anyone inside the SAHC, it would be good to contact them and just appeal to them. Otherwise, no choice than to wait, and it looks like a really long wait.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 9:24am On Aug 15, 2019
TYPOP:

Difficult to advise my brother. I know a very close person also that applied for Relative Visa and still waiting. Sad thing is, there's little option than to wait. If anyone has personal contacts of the consular or anyone inside the SAHC, it would be good to contact them and just appeal to them. Otherwise, no choice than to wait, and it looks like a really long wait.

Cheers and all the best.

Thank you very much I appreciate will wait and leave the rest to God Almighty
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2019
Please, can anyone help me address the following concerns?
1. how much do I need to have in my account for a 10 days tourist visit?
I had 1.4m the other time and was not issued visa, because of insufficient funds.

2.I want to apply in October again to travel in early January. Is it too early to apply?

3.For how long do I need to have bulk funds in my account before I apply? The second reason for rejecting my last application was ‘account transactions lack credibility ‘and someone here mentioned that it must have been because huge funds was deposited in my account shortly before I applied.

Thank you guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 12:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Good, am expecting some documents from SA too, how should my invitee send it? Is via email accepted then I will print all with colour printer.
samtol4:
Every document coming from SA must be certified
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
Barnz09:
I think he was referring to visit visa. I applied for study visa since 28 of March, no feedback yet.

I understand but I have people who applied for their study VISA in May and have gotten theirs since the school will resume August. I am sure I will get it this month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejiod(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Pls I got this form from their VFS webpage.
I'm applying for a short Visa unto conference scheduled October. Wanna know if this is the right form..
I really don't know where to start.
I have the following
Self introduction
Letter from my boss
Invitation from the conference
Statement of bank account..

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cheldas: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
TYPOP:

Please see my comments in bold in your question above.

Thank you all for your contributions
Pls I'm here again to ask uncleared issues.

1. Our Pay Later option is designed for convenience. You may pay at the SAA Town Office within 72 hours or by direct deposit into one of our bank accounts by 22h00 on the day that your booking is made. This is applicable for all bookings when your reservation originates from Nigeria.
is on hold and will expire in 23 hours and 59 minutes...
Please remember to book your trip before you lose this great deal!
I just booked reservation but the above is what i got from two airlines which is scary because i believe it will be canceled within 72hrs of no payment. Can anyone help with the best flight reservation and hotel reservation advice.

2. Do i need to pay for the hotel

3. Names of Org or persons you will be contacting during your stay in the Republic? what should we put there? Should we mention that my relative details? Pls advice.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
dre44k:
Good, am expecting some documents from SA too, how should my invitee send it? Is via email accepted then I will print all with colour printer.
Yes, email is accepted. You may or may not choose to print in colour.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
Ejiod:
Pls I got this form from their VFS webpage.
I'm applying for a short Visa unto conference scheduled October. Wanna know if this is the right form..
I really don't know where to start.
I have the following
Self introduction
Letter from my boss
Invitation from the conference
Statement of bank account..

You are right, that's the correct form.

Look at the checklist to know all the documents required and then start working on getting them one by one.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
cheldas:

Thank you all for your contributions
Pls I'm here again to ask uncleared issues.
1. Our Pay Later option is designed for convenience. You may pay at the SAA Town Office within 72 hours or by direct deposit into one of our bank accounts by 22h00 on the day that your booking is made. This is applicable for all bookings when your reservation originates from Nigeria.
is on hold and will expire in 23 hours and 59 minutes...
Please remember to book your trip before you lose this great deal!
I just booked reservation but the above is what i got from two airlines which is scary because i believe it will be canceled within 72hrs of no payment. Can anyone help with the best flight reservation and hotel reservation advice.
2. Do i need to pay for the hotel
3. Names of Org or persons you will be contacting during your stay in the Republic? what should we put there? Should we mention that my relative details? Pls advice.
Thanks in anticipation

Check the link and see if it answers your questions.
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/71#20190297

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2019
cucumbar:
Please, can anyone help me address the following concerns?
1. how much do I need to have in my account for a 10 days tourist visit?
I had 1.4m the other time and was not issued visa, because of insufficient funds.
It is difficult to say. 1.4m seems like a decent amount to have. This may be a flimsy excuse by the officer to reject the initial application. If you can get more, add it.

2.I want to apply in October again to travel in early January. Is it too early to apply?
Considering the delays at the embassy these days, it is not too early to apply in Oct.

3.For how long do I need to have bulk funds in my account before I apply? The second reason for rejecting my last application was ‘account transactions lack credibility ‘and someone here mentioned that it must have been because huge funds was deposited in my account shortly before I applied.
Again, difficult to say. I had speculated on possible reasons to you before. If there's a bulk move of funds into the account, you can include a proof of the source of the money and explain it in your letter of introduction. If the money has been there for over a month, the the VO should be able to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you can never say with these guys eh.

Thank you guys.

Please see my comments in bold in your question.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Barnz09: 8:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
OK

TOPEADE1:

I understand but I have people who applied for their study VISA in May and have gotten theirs since the school will resume August. I am sure I will get it this month.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ejiod(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
TYPOP:

You are right, that's the correct form.

Look at the checklist to know all the documents required and then start working on getting them one by one.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Good, thanks for your prompt response.
TYPOP:

Yes, email is accepted. You may or may not choose to print in colour.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 1:13am On Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I am about to apply for a study visa and I know nothing about the process and wish if anybody can put me thru. Well not that I know nothing exactly but an experience advice on procedures is appreciated or a link. Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2019
TYPOP:

Please see my comments in bold in your question.
thanks for your response. I appreciate. Hopefully, I won’t be rejected this time. I really want to visit that Cape Town.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Byefelicia: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2019
Please has anyone visit vfs Abuja lately ? Is their office now at maitama ? I placed a call and someone answered saying they are now in maitama not central area anymore... can Someone verify that please? Also they asked me to call on Monday to book appointment before coming... and they said I should bring police clarification... please how true are these informations
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
Byefelicia:
Please has anyone visit vfs Abuja lately ? Is their office now at maitama ? I placed a call and someone answered saying they are now in maitama not central area anymore... can Someone verify that please? Also they asked me to call on Monday to book appointment before coming... and they said I should bring police clarification... please how true are these informations

VFS Abuja is at Central Business District, Sterling Bank Plaza, go to the parking basement and take the stairs or lift to 3rd Floor. I dont think they book appointment there.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Becks27: 7:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
Hi gud evening every one ,please I will like to find out if anyone has information concerning the delay at South Africa embassy abuja cos has been waiting my visite visa for more than 2month now and I am getting worried embarassed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Barnz09: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Good evening y'all.
Please I heared infinix phones don't work in South Africa. Please how true is this?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2019
yacha77:
Hi guys,

I am about to apply for a study visa and I know nothing about the process and wish if anybody can put me thru. Well not that I know nothing exactly but an experience advice on procedures is appreciated or a link. Thanks guys
The study visa application is straight forward process . Get all the documents written on your admission letter ,download the application form, book flight reservation ( no payment needed) . Go and submit .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Barnz09:
Good evening y'all.
Please I heared infinix phones don't work in South Africa. Please how true is this?
I once used infinix it works the problem is most technician / repairers can't repair . However it is true some phones do not work in SA but inifinix work fine
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 8:42am On Aug 17, 2019
samtol4:
The study visa application is straight forward process . Get all the documents written on your admission letter ,download the application form, book flight reservation ( no payment needed) . Go and submit .
Have you applied for study visa this year?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Barnz09: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Okay. Thanks so much.

samtol4:
I once used infinix it works the problem is most technician / repairers can't repair . However it is true some phones do not work in SA but inifinix work fine
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
samtol4:
OK thanks, just a little clarification about medicals, I saw as part of the requirement on the vfs site. But school say medical issuance is what I need.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2019
akindele214:

Have you applied for study visa this year?
you wanna add some points??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
yacha77:
you wanna add some points??
Yes. Apparently the new rule is one needs to add the quotation from the school which isn't in the required documents on their website.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2019
yacha77:
OK thanks, just a little clarification about medicals, I saw as part of the requirement on the vfs site. But school say medical issuance is what I need.
you need to pay for medical insurance . Momentum or compcare u choose one . Medical report not the same with medical insurance . Medical report form and radiological can be download on vfs site and take to any hospital in Nigeria for doctor comments and stamp to confirm your health is okay. But for medical insurance u are expected to pay medical insurance company in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2019
akindele214:

Yes. Apparently the new rule is one needs to add the quotation from the school which isn't in the required documents on their website.
I have not heard about .some of my colleagues applied last month nothing like that .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
akindele214:

Which school please ? Hope they are recognised ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
samtol4:
I have not heard about .some of my colleagues applied last month nothing like that .
I know right.... The first time I applied they didn't ask for it. PS. I applied at the Abuja Office yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.