Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730103 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 12:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
olaoluwa13:
Help on how to withdraw application from south Africa embassy

https://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/guide-to-processing-times.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shoyomi: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,

So good to be back on this platform. I remembered making an inquiry on how to join my husband who is on a study visa in South Africa. Unfortunately, when i got to the VFS Office, i was told since my husband was neither a permanent resident or a citizen of South Africa, my visa application might be denied, on this premise, i changed my application immediately to a visitors visa, which i was later granted(for the second time), my question is this, i want to apply for a study visa to do a course whose lectures are just twice in a week for two years. (its a pastoral course)
I need your candid advice, i know all requirements which i got from the VFS website.
How can i go about this? this platform has always helped me out. Your candid opinion is welcome.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:41am On Sep 21, 2019
Incandescent:
I know this question is like a no-brainer but I need your help guys.
Do I need a letter of self-introduction for my 3 months old child who I intend applying for a relative permit for?
TYPOP

I have little experience in this area but I don't think so.

I think what are most important are:
1. Birth certificate
2. Letters from both of you his parent, authorizing the parent that will be travelling with the child to do so.

Please let us know later if they insist that your child needs a letter of self intro.

Thank you.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:43am On Sep 21, 2019
Shoyomi:
Hello Everyone,
So good to be back on this platform. I remembered making an inquiry on how to join my husband who is on a study visa in South Africa. Unfortunately, when i got to the VFS Office, i was told since my husband was neither a permanent resident or a citizen of South Africa, my visa application might be denied, on this premise, i changed my application immediately to a visitors visa, which i was later granted(for the second time), my question is this, i want to apply for a study visa to do a course whose lectures are just twice in a week for two years. (its a pastoral course)
I need your candid advice, i know all requirements which i got from the VFS website.
How can i go about this? this platform has always helped me out. Your candid opinion is welcome.

As long as the institution will give you a letter that satisfy the conditions stated on the Home Affairs requirements for admission letters, and as long as your admission letter indicates that the program will be for 2 years, you have no problems.

Just note that you will have to apply for your study permit in Nigeria, not South Africa (even if you have Visitor's Visa that has already taken you into the country).

Cheers and all the best.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 8:35am On Sep 21, 2019
TYPOP:

I have little experience in this area but I don't think so.

I think what are most important are:
1. Birth certificate
2. Letters from both of you his parent, authorizing the parent that will be travelling with the child to do so.

Please let us know later if they insist that your child needs a letter of self intro.

Thank you.

Cheers and all the best.

Yes they insisted on it. Thank you for your response.

Also, Anyone going to the embassy for fingerprints collection should know they only do so on Tuesday from 10am

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2019
The south Africa embassy in Lagos is still shut down till further notice. Plz can I withdraw my passport or wait till the embassy is back to work before withdrawing. I need my passport for other things. This is too much abeg.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Damimubo:
The south Africa embassy in Lagos is still shut down till further notice. Plz can I withdraw my passport or wait till the embassy is back to work before withdrawing. I need my passport for other things. This is too much abeg.

Are you sure about this? I was there in the past week & I was attended to
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Are you sure about this? I was there in the past week & I was attended to.....

Vfs is working, but the embassy is yet to resume. What I dont know is if they are working underground. If I withdraw my passport wont it take longer too. I want my passport o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shoyomi: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your response. I'll be applying in Nigeria for the study visa. Another question, can I use a medical insurance I have with my spouse who is in RSA? He included me on the insurance as a spouse, is it better I get another insurance based on my study visa or can I use that of spouse where he included me as a dependant?
Thank you for being of help.

TYPOP:

As long as the institution will give you a letter that satisfy the conditions stated on the Home Affairs requirements for admission letters, and as long as your admission letter indicates that the program will be for 2 years, you have no problems.

Just note that you will have to apply for your study permit in Nigeria, not South Africa (even if you have Visitor's Visa that has already taken you into the country).

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
TYPOP:

Updates on submissions in Lagos.

VFS Lagos is confused presently and are trying various systems. Therefore, this may not work in the next few weeks. However, it was what happened last week.

* Go to the embassy as early as you can. Please go much before 6am if you can.
* There will be people (majorly touts) issuing numbers (even if you get there at 4am). Get a number and wait around there. This includes if you have an appointment or not. Even if your appointment is for 2pm, please get there before 7:00am.
* Around 7:30, the gate will be opened and everyone will be ushered in. The gate will then be locked. That is it for that day. Nobody that comes after that will be allowed in.
* Once inside, all the applicants will be divided into 3 viz: i) those with appointments, ii) those without appointments but applying for long term visas/important things (conferences, study visas, business visas e.t.c) iii) those travelling for leisure or visits.
* Numbers will be given to everyone in category i. They will surely be assisted. The number will be counted.
* Numbers will likely be given to everyone in category ii. They will surely be assisted. The number will also be counted.
* The remaining will now be on first come first served basis. They were to attend to 150 applicants so the spill-over from Category i & ii will be counted to get to the 150. Once at 150, all the others will be sent out and told to come back another day.

Again, this may change in the next few days. Anyone with updated info should please keep us updated.

Cheers and all the best.

Updates on this.

The person that gave me this info already has his visa. He will travel sometime this week.
He applied for visitor's visa with an option to work (it is what Post Docs apply for).
The entire application took 3 weeks and a few days.
He did not have any contact at the embassy nor use any agent.
He applied in Lagos.
I do not know anyone at the embassy, so I am not able to help you in that regard. Just wanted to give you all updates so you may be hopeful.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:39pm On Sep 22, 2019
Shoyomi:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your response. I'll be applying in Nigeria for the study visa. Another question, can I use a medical insurance I have with my spouse who is in RSA? He included me on the insurance as a spouse, is it better I get another insurance based on my study visa or can I use that of spouse where he included me as a dependant?
Thank you for being of help.

This depends on the VO attending to your application. I should believe that using your hubby's insurance should be sufficient in all cases. However, since you don't know which side of the bed the VO will wake up from, if you can afford it, I'd say get your own student medical cover. Use this for the application. Once your visa is out, you can cancel the medical aid. Your institution should not have a problem with you using your cover under your hubby's Medical Aid cover. Your money will be refunded to you. That way, you don't worry about being denied on technicalities by an overzealous VO.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jonesjoe(m): 3:33am On Sep 23, 2019
Pls can someone confirm to me if the SA embassy in Lagos is open cos I want to withdraw my passport . I applied for 2 weeks visitor visa since 15 of July and no feedback from them . I need ny oassport urgently .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2019
Jonesjoe:
Pls can someone confirm to me if the SA embassy in Lagos is open cos I want to withdraw my passport . I applied for 2 weeks visitor visa since 15 of July and no feedback from them . I need ny oassport urgently .

Did you read the reply from @Incandescent to a similar question to yours?

Incandescent:
Are you sure about this? I was there in the past week & I was attended to

Find it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/571#82435975
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by whitebrown(f): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mob beats alleged dealers, sets 'drug den' alight in Pretoria CBD

https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/mob-beats-alleged-dealers-sets-drug-den-alight-in-pretoria-cbd-33487084

The building from where they allegedly sold drugs was also set alight by the mob.

Police had to close off traffic on Bloed street, where the suspects were caught.

Tshwane emergency services workers, who were called in to extinguish the fire, were chased by the crowd from doing their work.

According to an eyewitness operating a clothing shop in the street, chaos broke out after one of the suspects tried to sell drugs to a woman.

The drugs were stuffed inside a wig, which was handed over to the woman.

Eyewitnesses said the woman was surprised to discover a white powder wrapped inside a plastic inside the wig.

Wanting to establish if the powder was really a drug, she showed it a group of taxi drivers, who confirmed that it was indeed drugs.

There was suddenly a commotion when an angry mob attacked the seller, who was identified as a Nigerian national.

The man was badly beaten with fists and kicked until he fell on the ground. He was then ordered to identify the person who sent him to sell drugs.

The alleged mastermind, who was inside a block of flat, tried to run away from the fuming crowd. However, he was cornered and beaten up by the mob.

The two were rescued by the police, who arrested them.

The situation continued to be tense as the police asked bystanders to leave the scene.

The hostile crowd prohibited a Pretoria News photographer from taking pictures and intimidated bystanders not to take pictures with their cellphones.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2019
Please, is Ethiopian airline okay for travel from Lagos to Johanessburg? I observed airfare is cheap.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2019
TOPEADE1:
Please, is Ethiopian airline okay for travel from Lagos to Johanessburg? I observed airfare is cheap.
Yes it is
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
Incandescent:

Yes it is
Thank you, I am going on a study VISA for 2 years. I hope to proceed afterwards to EU for better offer probably if SA route is easy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2019
TOPEADE1:
Thank you, I am going on a study VISA for 2 years. I hope to proceed afterwards to EU for better offer probably if SA route is easy

All the best Sir. Make Nigeria proud
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
TOPEADE1:

Keep your plans close to your chest. DONT tell people more than they need to know. Wish you the best.....

9 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shoyomi: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thank you. Will work on your suggestion.

Have a great day.

TYPOP:

This depends on the VO attending to your application. I should believe that using your hubby's insurance should be sufficient in all cases. However, since you don't know which side of the bed the VO will wake up from, if you can afford it, I'd say get your own student medical cover. Use this for the application. Once your visa is out, you can cancel the medical aid. Your institution should not have a problem with you using your cover under your hubby's Medical Aid cover. Your money will be refunded to you. That way, you don't worry about being denied on technicalities by an overzealous VO.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
collinsfbi:

with 60k maximum, i think you are good to go but terms and conditions apply sha ooooo, for instance balance on your acct statement not inlcluded

Gbamm over and out

Is it possible to avoid the account statement part

If yes how do I go about that
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 4:31pm On Sep 25, 2019
TOPEADE1:

Good day Tope. When did you apply for a study permit and when was it approved please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2019
Geenosko:
@ Yupng

Having read your post, I will say that you are deliberately twisting information to suit your narrative.

1. No Nigerian resident in SA on this platform has encouraged illegal migration to SA. I and others have spoken against it several times in this group.
I
Those coming for visit, we have always advised limit your visit to certain areas and leave at the end of your authorised stay.

2. Every life lost is a terrible loss but everyone who is honest with themselves knows that Nigerians who are killed by police are 99% drug related.

Even the advisory that the Federal government issued clearly said avoid "hot-spots and volatile areas"

The narrative that you are pushing suggests that the whole of South Africa is a war zone which is clearly not the case.

That you have experienced hatred from South Africans does not invalidate the account of people who haven't and it also doesn't invalidate yours either.

Can you point out with specific references the so called "falsified information" that Nigerians in SA have spread here?

Emotions are high but please let's be objective in our communication and present a balanced view of the situation and let people take an informed decision.

I'm looking to travel to Capetown

I have a girlfriend there who real loves me and she has recently managed to convince me to come over

Please tell me how safe it is to stay in Capetown

And what type of Visa would you advise that I use

Plus what are the dos and donts of living in Capetown

Have there been any records of xenophobic activities in Capetown

Please advise me thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2019
Did anyone get a visa recently? I want to a apply for a tourist a visa to travel in December. I’d the embassy working? I don’t want to get stuck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shogunley: 11:55am On Sep 26, 2019
Following recent happenings, are they still granting visas
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OnyeOgboni: 5:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
I had a similar encounter with the same foolish girl..she said the stamp on my sponsors I'd card was faded and insisted I filled a waiver.very foolish set of people
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jonesjoe(m): 6:19am On Sep 27, 2019
TYPOP:

Did you read the reply from @Incandescent to a similar question to yours?

Find it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/571#82435975

Someone said VFs is working but the embassy is yet to resume . My passport was forwarded to SA embassy and I don't want to move down to Lagos and encounter any form of delay from the embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2019
Jonesjoe:

Someone said VFs is working but the embassy is yet to resume . My passport was forwarded to SA embassy and I don't want to move down to Lagos and encounter any form of delay from the embassy
please, someone should confirm. Don’t want to get stuck. cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/south-africa-reopens-high-commission-consulate-nigeria-249215

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
cucumbar:
please, someone should confirm. Don’t want to get stuck. cheesy
https://allafrica.com/stories/201909110939.html
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Battywonder(m): 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2019
cucumbar:
Did anyone get a visa recently? I want to a apply for a tourist a visa to travel in December. I’d the embassy working? I don’t want to get stuck.

The embassy is working. Applied recently for a visitor visa and got it within 10 working days. Submitted 12th September and got it 26th September.

All the best.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: austino677(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.