Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,136 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729241 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hi guys, please what is saqa and what do u mean authentication of documents. How is this done please. Was gonna apply on Thursday at VFS abuja and have all the documents listed.

My letter of acceptance say I will stay at the school accommodation and address stated. Will I need hotel reservation and how can I book a ticket. Pls guys urgent response for a study visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 12:07am On Oct 02, 2019
yacha77:
Hi guys, please what is saqa and what do u mean authentication of documents. How is this done please. Was gonna apply on Thursday at VFS abuja and have all the documents listed.

My letter of acceptance say I will stay at the school accommodation and address stated. Will I need hotel reservation and how can I book a ticket. Pls guys urgent response for a study visa.

Not all schools require SAQA. I know Stellenbosch & UCT don't require SAQA. Can't tell of now

Book a reservation on https://www.flysaa.com/. Don't pay oo. Only book, print & add to the documents you're submitting. You can do so a day before you submit so it's still valid
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Can u tell us the name of the school and d degree you are going to so that we can shed more light?

I applied for masters degree in UKZN and their first request was SAQA.

yacha77:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2019
There is a question on the application form: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN RESTRICTED OR REFUSED ENTRY INTO SOUTH AFRICA?

I was denied a visa in may but wish to reapply.

What should be my response? Yes or No?

Could denial of visa fall into being restricted or refused entry?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2019
cucumbar:
There is a question on the application form: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN RESTRICTED OR REFUSED ENTRY INTO SOUTH AFRICA?

I was denied a visa in may but wish to reapply.

What should be my response? Yes or No?

Could denial of visa fall into being restricted or refused entry?

Your answer is NO

Your visa was previously denied not restricted to leave or refused entry.....

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
adespecial:
Can u tell us the name of the school and d degree you are going to so that we can shed more light?

I applied for masters degree in UKZN and their first request was SAQA.

I am going to a flight school not a university. Also my passport will expire 27 days after end of Intended stay. Will that be a problem seeing as my passport is still valid for over 2 years.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Incandescent:

Not all schools require SAQA. I know Stellenbosch & UCT don't require SAQA. Can't tell of now

Book a reservation on https://www.flysaa.com/. Don't pay oo. Only book, print & add to the documents you're submitting. You can do so a day before you submit so it's still valid
Thank you...... About my passport, expires 27 days after intended stay, what should I do??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Since July 15th, vfs nawaooo.. how do I get my passport back nau
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
Strongmercy123:
good evening house, pls is there anyway I can get my passport back from South Africa embassy? I applied since July and yet no respond from them, I will be traveling to Dubai for Christmas and I need my passport.. pls what can I do?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WhyNa: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please I'm making plans to go for a one month training in Johannesburg by February 2020.

When is the best time to apply for visa and book my ticket.

Any help would be appreciated as this is all new to me.

Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
yacha77:
Thank you...... About my passport, expires 27 days after intended stay, what should I do??

What year if you don't mind?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 6:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
WhyNa:
Please I'm making plans to go for a one month training in Johannesburg by February 2020.

When is the best time to apply for visa and book my ticket.

Any help would be appreciated as this is all new to me.

Thank you

Apply now to be safe

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jonesjoe(m): 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Strongmercy123:
Same here since 15th of July and no response yet they issued to people that applied last month.
The matter tire person oo . I guess all you'll do is to go to VFs and apply for withdrawal of passport. It takes minimum of 48 hours
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 11:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
Incandescent:

What year if you don't mind?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 6:46am On Oct 03, 2019
Hello house, please I will really appreciate if anyone can tell me how I can contact the SA High Commission in Lagos ( mail address or contact number) if you have any of those.I reapplied for my daughter whose application was denied based on "Birth certificate lacking credibility" since late Aug and my own visa is already counting and I only have this month before it expires. Your response will be appreciated.Thsnks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
padyt007:

i have my saqa , my concern is government hospital accepted ? for d medical n radiography report ...
You mean i have to notarize my degree certificate ?
Incandescent:

Yes..any government hospital is recommended.
You have to notarize.. TYPOP & others pls help guide a fellow nairalander

I agree, the document has to be certified. Please just remember that it is not necessarily notarization. I make this clarity because it is easier to certify a document than it is to notarize it.

Essentially, what you want to do is called Certified True Copy.

Cheers and all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
yacha77:

No, you don't need to book hotel reservation. The accommodation letter should suffice.

The first part has been cleared earlier.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
TYPOP:

I agree, the document has to be certified. Please just remember that it is not necessarily notarization. I make this clarity because it is easier to certify a document than it is to notarize it.

Cheers and all the best.

Thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
yacha77:

Pls go ahead to apply. The visa would be till 2021 & you might have to reapply for a study permit by 2021 if your studies extend 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by taiwosmith03(f): 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good day everyone. Please is anyone still awaiting study permit for PhD. I applied since March 15 at vfs Lagos and i havent been notified. It's 6 months and 18 days today. I am getting really worried. I know some people who applied after me and has gotten and in SA now. I am beginning to think if my passport has been lost.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
taiwosmith03:
Good day everyone. Please is anyone still awaiting study permit for PhD. I applied since March 15 at vfs Lagos and i havent been notified. It's 6 months and 18 days today. I am getting really worried. I know some people who applied after me and has gotten and in SA now. I am beginning to think if my passport has been lost.

Since March? angry

Na wa o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Please, how is the tourist visa like? Am I allowed to travel within a specified period or I would be given a specific date which I must enter their country?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
andrew444:

Have your sister travelled bro ?

Oh yes. Did Reapplied.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
TYPOP:

so i can do it any high court or how will i go about it
Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
taiwosmith03:
Hello,
I have followed your story, you have a valid reason. I’ll advise you email the director general of home affairs in South Africa. In May, I applied for a relative visa for my wife and after waiting for 14 weeks, there was no response. I emailed him and by the next day, my wife received a call from the embassy. By the he next week, her visa was issued. Find attached the DG’s response. Any other person with a similar story can write any of the contacts on copied. All the best

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 11:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
yacha77:

I don't know about your Flight School, but most Flight Schools in SA don't require any school certificate to apply for training as long as you meet the age requirement. So, you don't need to notarize or certify any certificate, transcript or any document for that matter, as you won't be needing them for visa application, unless you are below 18, then your birth certificate has to be.
I also applied for a study visa for flight training 4 weeks ago. I did submit my university certificate and NYSC certificate along, even though I didn't use them in the admission process. And no, they weren't notarized or certified. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DoubleGiant: 1:35am On Oct 04, 2019
Mimicle101:

Oh yes. Did Reapplied.
she re-applied and got it so quick?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jonesjoe(m): 5:52am On Oct 04, 2019
Mimicle101:

Oh yes. Did Reapplied.

If I withdraw , how long will it take before I can reapply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2019
CaptainDee:

I don't know about your Flight School, but most Flight Schools in SA don't require any school certificate to apply for training as long as you meet the age requirement. So, you don't need to notarize or certify any certificate, transcript or any document for that matter, as you won't be needing them for visa application, unless you are below 18, then your birth certificate has to be.
I also applied for a study visa for flight training 4 weeks ago. I did submit my university certificate and NYSC certificate along, even though I didn't use them in the admission process. And no, they weren't notarized or certified. Cheers
Hello bro, sent you a PM let's connect. Are u saying after 4 weeks your visa is not yet out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2019
I apply for a tourist visa since june 28.. Am yet to hear from the embassy.. Pls can some one guide me on what to do...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 11:23am On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=Incandescent post=82698391]

Is it study permit or visitor's visa?
Its a tourist visa... Am yet to hear from them.
Pls could u guide me on how to go about it..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Becks27: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2019
Hi thanks I did as you advice ,I got a response form one of them but am worried if the response was my interview below is the response I got
Samtoog:

Hello,
I have followed your story, you have a valid reason. I’ll advise you email the director general of home affairs in South Africa. In May, I applied for a relative visa for my wife and after waiting for 14 weeks, there was no response. I emailed him and by the next day, my wife received a call from the embassy. By the he next week, her visa was issued. Find attached the DG’s response. Any other person with a similar story can write any of the contacts on copied. All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.