Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1728919 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
cucumbar:
will the embassy accept an Airbnb booking?

I'm not sure. These are uncharted territories.

I reckon since payment will be made to AirBnB, you do have a claim to indicate to them that payment has been made. So it may jolly well fly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aprimama(m): 3:20am On Oct 17, 2019
I tracked my application and got a status stating that my processed application is ready for collection from 16th October 2019 but haven't received a message from vfs. Can I proceed for collection without the message?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 4:49am On Oct 17, 2019
aprimama:
I tracked my application and got a status stating that my processed application is ready for collection from 16th October 2019 but haven't received a message from vfs. Can I proceed for collection without the message?
Pls how do u track ur application because I recieved a mail dt my application has been processed nd forwarded to the embassy bt I dnt knw how to track it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ethenool: 6:34am On Oct 17, 2019
https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-Passporttracking/Track/Index?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/F7k1tK8h2krC6dm7vgUVS/hncGocbKYaMiSzY5eD9jk8zMZMHuaYWqoPH7qrKO2AYPz9Tm6XD3mVA3CxUtAg5k=
Hillybankz:

Pls how do u track ur application because I recieved a mail dt my application has been processed nd forwarded to the embassy bt I dnt knw how to track it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2019
Hillybankz:

What do you need to track again after they told you your passport is ready for collection? shocked

Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2019
Go and pick your VISA jor!!!
Hillybankz:

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2019
aprimama:

Passport don ready and you still dey find message from vfs?

Dey there dey find wetin no loss

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2019
andrew444:

Passport don ready and you still dey find message from vfs?

Dey there dey find wetin no loss
Omo people dy para o grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2019
akindele214:

Omo people dy para o grin

Lol
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 11:30am On Oct 17, 2019
Please, when did you apply, which vfs center and what type of visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2019
Hillybankz, Oga your passport is ready, go and collect it.
Just tell us: When you applied Which visa type Which vfs center
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2019
bibike123:
Hillybankz, Oga your passport is ready, go and collect it.

Just tell us:
When you applied
Which visa type
Which vfs center
Na courier I did it... Am waiting fr them to call me nd I hv nt heard from them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dre44k(m): 1:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
When did you apply, and which Visa type?
Hillybankz:

Na courier I did it... Am waiting fr them to call me nd I hv nt heard from them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
obaxlove:

Please after receiving this evening, can someone go for collection tomorrow morning?

Thanks to whoever posted those emails here, it really worked like magic. I applied for student permit in Lagos, it clocked 8 weeks last week, so I sent them an email on Friday, yesterday I received notification email that my passport is ready. Today I picked up my passport with study permit visa till 2022. I am a PhD applicant.

Thank you guys.

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
obaxlove:

Thanks to whoever posted those emails here, it really worked like magic. I applied for student permit in Lagos, it clocked 8 weeks last week, so I sent them an email on Friday, yesterday I received notification email that my passport is ready. Today I picked up my passport with study permit visa till 2022. I am a PhD applicant.

Thank you guys.

Congratulations. Make Nigeria proud

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hillybankz(m): 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2019
dre44k:
When did you apply, and which Visa type?
I applied since june..its a tourist visa.. thanks to the guy that shared the Email of the embassy.. So I sent them mail on the 4th ds month.. They replied me on the 9th dt it has been forwarded fr processing..
I sent them mail again on the 15th in d morning, later in d evening, they replied me dt my processed application has bin sent South African high commission, Lagos.
Bt I did it courier service, so they are supposed to pick it up and call me fr collection.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2019
obaxlove:

Thank you guys.
Good evening can you please send me the email address and what format of email you sent to them . I’ll be grateful thanks ��
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2019
TYPOP:

Your case is special and should have been attended to if you sent a mail to the addresses given.

Please let me advise at this point that you don't need to send an email to the email addresses given if your application is less than 1 month with VFS. If it is less than a month, then they will stop looking at our emails because there has been no delays up until that point. This is generally for everybody.

But for you Hillbankz, you do have a case. Application since June 28 is unacceptable.

Compose a nice email, not one of those arrogant mails we like to compose in Nigeria (not saying you in particular do that), and send to the Director General. In the mail, explain your situation and request for assistance in finalizing the process.

I had to do the same for my wife's relative visa and I was assisted immediately (applied on 14th of June at VFS, sent mail on 3rd October to the DG, got VFS mail on 4th of October).

Also, once you send a single nice email, relax and let them do their magic. No need sending mails everyday or every hour to the email addresses provided (again, not saying this is you but some people do). Doing such will only frustrate them and they may switch on auto spam for your mails.

Cheers and all the best.
Can I please have the email address?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tolutheo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tolutheo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 6:40am On Oct 18, 2019
What exactly do you want to protest for? That they are vetting who comes into their country or what? You Paid for visa application not for visa to enter. Can you talk of protest in the US embassy LOL cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

ethenool:
Really sucks how South African embassy finds it so convenient holding on to applications for tourist visa for months. I think it's best we protest. We can't continue keeping mute and allow them continue with this substandard act. We paid for the visa, so it's our right. My people wake up!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 11:31am On Oct 18, 2019
slickruler:
What exactly do you want to protest for? That they are vetting who comes into their country or what? You Paid for visa application not for visa to enter. Can you talk of protest in the US embassy LOL cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

There is really NOTHING funny about what you said and your comparison of the US embassy is absurd. It takes max 1min for you to know your fate at the US embassy. Although protest is not the way to go but holding on to peoples passport endlessly for months is totally wrong but you wouldnt know this cos an average Nigerian is desperate and would rather wait no matter how long it takes for the visa to be ready. There was a time they issue visas in 3days max. What has changed? Why these unnecessary delays? And this statement of yours "You Paid for visa application not for visa to enter" really shows how you think. That statement is completely flawed.

6 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2019
I just got my passport, they didn’t give me� this is the forth time�I feel really bad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2019
Strongmercy123:
I just got my passport, they didn’t give me� this is the forth time�I feel really bad
I have tried uk twice, South Africa 4times, I’m confused . I don’t know what to think again. Now I’m scared to travel to Dubai for holiday.. could it be spiritual? Has anyone here gone through this too? Pls I need advice and what to do.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2019
Strongmercy123:
I have tried uk twice, South Africa 4times, I’m confused . I don’t know what to think again. Now I’m scared to travel to Dubai for holiday.. could it be spiritual? Has anyone here gone through this too? Pls I need advice and what to do.
what's was the reason for the delay? Give us more details.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2019
Strongmercy123:

I know that feeling. You feel drained and exhausted. You are a fighter bro. DONT allow the devil. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. Take a break, go out for fresh air. Clear your mind (1 month, 2 months) doesnt matter. Re-strategize and try one more time. Just one more time. The Lord is your strength bro.

6 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slickruler: 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
I Laughed at the thought of Protest. It is really funny that the thought about protesting because a country is deliberately not allowing Nigerians enter their country. That protest energy should be saved for protesting for good governance in Nigeria.

Restricted:

There is really NOTHING funny about what you said and your comparison of the US embassy is absurd. It takes max 1min for you to know your fate at the US embassy. Although protest is not the way to go but holding on to peoples passport endlessly for months is totally wrong but you wouldnt know this cos an average Nigerian is desperate and would rather wait no matter how long it takes for the visa to be ready. There was a time they issue visas in 3days max. What has changed? Why these unnecessary delays? And this statement of yours "You Paid for visa application not for visa to enter" really shows how you think. That statement is completely flawed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
Restricted:

I know that feeling. You feel drained and exhausted. You are a fighter bro. DONT allow the devil. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. Take a break, go out for fresh air. Clear your mind (1 month, 2 months) doesnt matter. Re-strategize and try one more time. Just one more time. The Lord is your strength bro.
thanks bro
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shygunXs(m): 1:20am On Oct 19, 2019
cucumbar:
This thread isn’t as lively is it used to. What’s happening?

Xenophobia happened!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shygunXs(m): 1:33am On Oct 19, 2019
Strongmercy123:

Do you have a corporate job?
Did you attach a letter of introduction from your company?
What was your account turnover when you did your statement?
What was your account balance?
Was it you alone or family?
Did you do single or multiple?
Did you use a host or you used hotel reservation?
Did you get an introduction letter/ invitation from your host?
Did you state that you've been denied before? How quickly did you reapply?
Did any factor or employment/financial situation change before reapplying?
Did you do a airline reservation that expired within 24hours?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 19, 2019
shygunXs:

Do you have a corporate job?
Did you attach a letter of introduction from your company?
What was your account turnover when you did your statement?
What was your account balance?
Was it you alone or family?
Did you do single or multiple?
Did you use a host or you used hotel reservation?
Did you get an introduction letter/ invitation from your host?
Did you state that you've been denied before? How quickly did you reapply?
Did any factor or employment/financial situation change before reapplying?
Did you do a airline reservation that expired within 24hours?
the first one was invitation, and I was denied because they said invitation not clear
The second one was in Ghana, through an agent and I was denied
The third one tourist, I was denied because they said “embassy couldn’t verify hotel reservation”
This forth one is invitation too” they wrote “ host’s bank statement transactions inconsistent
Pls help me bro��
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 6:41am On Oct 19, 2019
Strongmercy123:
am sorry for the denial, pls answer shygun previous questions and this in addition, have u ever applied to those country through an agent? Do u have Ghana visa by road on your passport or send someone to take it to boarder for stamping?

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.