Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733682 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2019
Abstract2019:
Hi all,

I submitted my application for a tourist visa at the VFS Lagos on the 27th of August, 2019. My Passport is still being held up at the South African Embassy. Each time I track my application via the VFS Global website, all I get is "application is under assessment at the South African High Commission, Lagos". I have sent a mail to the DG's mailbox shared here, but got a response about four days later that my enquiry has been forwarded to immigration.

I don't understand why a Tourist Visa application to an African country will take this long to process.

This is what the deadbeat African Union should look into. All they do is make noise. Why should it be easier for an European to visit an African country than an African.

Sometimes I marvel

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
I wonder!!!

Making it appear as though I applied for a Schengen Visa.

Incandescent:

This is what the deadbeat African Union should look into. All they do is make noise. Why should it be easier for an European to visit an African country than an African.

Sometimes I marvel
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cooldragon: 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
Good evening, please need an advice. My girl wants to visit me from SA but I would love to visit SA. So which will be cheaper from the two...... need a reply ASAP
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fasasiidris: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Abstract2019:
Hi all,

I submitted my application for a tourist visa at the VFS Lagos on the 27th of August, 2019. My Passport is still being held up at the South African Embassy. Each time I track my application via the VFS Global website, all I get is "application is under assessment at the South African High Commission, Lagos". I have sent a mail to the DG's mailbox shared here, but got a response about four days later that my enquiry has been forwarded to immigration.

Worse thing is, my travel date is tomorrow.

I don't understand why a Tourist Visa application to an African country will take this long to process.

Please can you help share the DGs email please, I applied for vacation during my leave and my leave is beginning of next month, I won't want when i should be given visa then I will be at work back already. Please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
i applied to a university , i got acceptance letter !! is it same as admission letter .... or will i use the acceptance letter to process visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 4:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guys do i need to book b4 submission of application in vfs lagos!! pls how do i go about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
Strongmercy123:
Good morning, pls does anyone knw about applying for sa visa in Ghana?
yes
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
Strongmercy123:
I don’t have bro, but I have applied in Ghana through an agent, I sent my passport to him
Did the agent secure Ghana permit for you before applying for SA visa? If yes on what ground the visa was denied
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MPSA(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2019
Guys ! I don't understand your point, few months ago you were claiming the way you don't like SA, Listen to you now grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2019
padyt007:
Guys do i need to book b4 submission of application in vfs lagos!! pls how do i go about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 8:05pm On Oct 29, 2019

Fasasiidris:

Please can you help share the DGs email please, I applied for vacation during my leave and my leave is beginning of next month, I won't want when i should be given visa then I will be at work back already. Please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
Abstract2019:
You will need to book for your accommodation and flight, a day before submission. Proof of the booking must be annexed to your application.
NOTE: Hotel bookings via booking.com are not honoured. Booking must be direct with the Hotel.

please you got me wrong!! am asking if i need to book appointment with vfs before going to submit my application for student visa.. in regards to hotel am staying with my uncle what do i need collect from him to proof residence
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IronGalaxy: 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2019
MPSA:
Guys ! I don't understand your point, few months ago you were claiming the way you don't like SA, Listen to you now grin
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fasasiidris: 11:21pm On Oct 29, 2019
Abstract2019:
I found it on this thread.

Please can you send to me?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
please how do i book for south africa visa application submission appointment with VFS lagos before i travel for submission,....thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
When I submitted 2 weeks ago in lagos, on the 14th Oct 2019, vfs was almost empty. I don't know about Abuja or Port Harcourt.
So if you are using Lagos, You don't need to book appointment, just make sure you go early.
Wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SorbariIgbiri: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
I need your help guys.
I am a PhD student at the World Bank African Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research. Just last week, i got invited as a guest speaker at African Conference on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and my presentation is due for thursday next week.
I booked my flight for sunday 3rd since the conference starts on monday.
After my application last thursday 7th, the University of Pretoria sent an email to the Embassy attaching my reference number and passport data page. As at now, nothing from them. No response to any of the mails, no notification whatsoever. What can i do..... money spent already and dnt wanna miss this..... Advice a brother please....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
bibike123:
When I submitted 2 weeks ago in lagos, on the 14th Oct 2019, vfs was almost empty. I don't know about Abuja or Port Harcourt.
So if you are using Lagos, You don't need to book appointment, just make sure you go early.
Wish you the best

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
bibike123:
Wish you the best
have they returned your passport yet? Submitted about the same time for a tourist visa. What type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluwasoft(m): 5:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
Me too I submitted on the 16th no response yet
cucumbar:
have they returned your passport yet? Submitted about the same time for a tourist visa. What type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
oluwasoft:
Me too I submitted on the 16th no response yet
submitted same day. Hope they respond soon.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
No, still under assessment, I track on daily basis. Just hoping for d best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
SorbariIgbiri:
I need your help guys.
I am a PhD student at the World Bank African Centre of Excellence in Public Health and Toxicological Research. Just last week, i got invited as a guest speaker at African Conference on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals and my presentation is due for thursday next week.
I booked my flight for sunday 3rd since the conference starts on monday.
After my application last thursday 7th, the University of Pretoria sent an email to the Embassy attaching my reference number and passport data page. As at now, nothing from them. No response to any of the mails, no notification whatsoever. What can i do..... money spent already and dnt wanna miss this..... Advice a brother please....

Pls send an email to the director if home affairs in SA ASAP. It'd be treated immediately. Good luck

Directorgeneral@dha.gov.za

Don't spam them with too many requests else your e-mail would be blacklisted. Just one WK constructed email is enough
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by remaj: 12:24am On Oct 31, 2019
I don't think that email stuff works anymore
Our application was exactly 3 months yesterday
I submitted 30th of July till now NOTHING from them

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.