Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:56 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1825568 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
Oludharey1:
Pls do i need to book an appointment first before going for submittion and how long does it take for the tourist visa to be issued,i need urgent response,thanks.

As of now, no need for appointment. Just stroll in like the big boy you are and submit grin

Official processing time is 6-8 weeks. Some have gotten it in a shorter time, others on schedule while others are three months and still waiting.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrewbaba44: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2019
Geenosko:

Yea just that in SA they keep changing their immigration regulations so it can be a bit hard to keep up grin

Now i understand you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks so much for the info

As of now, no need for appointment. Just stroll in like the big boy you are and submit grin

Official processing time is 6-8 weeks. Some have gotten it in a shorter time, others on schedule while others are three months and still waiting. [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Softer: 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
tweb1:

Yes, I graduated last year from Wits. It was an honours program. Am still in SA and my permit would expire by december.

How long did it take your colleague to get the PR?
Hi , Please I need some help concerning Wits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sircreeden(m): 7:20am On Nov 13, 2019
Geenosko:
@abeylevels

Applying for visa to SA now is a bit too late. Based on the average processing time (as reported here) there's a very good chance that the visa may not be ready in time for Christmas. If you are convinced, there's no harm in trying.

1. Include your bank statement and hers

2. Let's do a rough estimate, since you haven't booked flights now average ticket cost by December would be around 200k that's 400k for both of you, this may increase with the number of kids. Factor in accommodation which would be expensive and feeding. Let's say 1.5million. What the VO may think is after spending 1.5m on a trip, will 500k be enough to take care of your family? (logical thinking � �) my opinion is that it may not be enough. ( I stand corrected sha)

3. Let her indicate she's self employed.

4. Yes let her add hers.

5. The fact you are married should be enough ties. (hopefully)

6. Yes should include it.

Bonus - You may need to certify your wedding certificate and the birth certificate of your kids at ministry of foreign affairs at Abuja. (confirm from the checklist)

Shalom.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by limosodiq(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2019
Good morning everyone, I want to apply for post graduate study in a south African university and I was informed that I have to go and do SAQA certificate verification or so, please I need guidance on this and I will appreciate if anyone can put me through the process. Thanks!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2019
JaceBlaze:
This post is a good enough reason why South Africa needs to tighten the borders and enact strict immigration laws.

What they don't know is that SA officials are aware of all these methods just that some still slip through the cracks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2019
limosodiq:
Good morning everyone, I want to apply for post graduate study in a south African university and I was informed that I have to go and do SAQA certificate verification or so, please I need guidance on this and I will appreciate if anyone can put me through the process. Thanks!!

Application for 2020 intake ended on Oct 31st 2019 unless you are applying for a research based study programme.

About the SAQA thingy, go to SAQA website, register, download and fill the forms and make payment

Then send them certified copies of the following documents

Degrees certificate
Transcripts
Data page of your passport
The required forms that you filled

Then send it to them via courier then would acknowledge receipt of the documents then contact your school for verification.

Please send them all the required documents else they will refund your money
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KLEINBASS: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2019
Guys SA is a very dengerous country, do not come. We have the highest crime in the world and you might die any time from petty crime. Stay in Nigeria and make Nigeria Great. Lastly South Africa is a very xenophobic country is not safe for Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2019
KLEINBASS:
Guys SA is a very dengerous country, do not come. We have the highest crime in the world and you might die any time from petty crime. Stay in Nigeria and make Nigeria Great. Lastly South Africa is a very xenophobic country is not safe for Nigerians.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 13, 2019
Abstract2019:
Hehehehehe

Very funny.

Lol it's true

Come and you'll be laughing your way to heaven
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DexterousOne(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2019
grandstar:

What is in South Africa? It has a massive unemployment rate and violent crime there is very high.

I was shocked when 2 of the Nigerian returnees from that country engaged in armed robbers within a month of being back.

Nigerians returnees from Libya which was much larger than that of South Africa were not involved in any robberies. Why those of South Africa? Because they learnt it there. South Africa needs to do more against this criminals. The money who'll use to travel I am sure can set up a small business here

Hillybankz

I would not advice anyone to START a business in today's Nigeria

The conditions today will kill any start up
Especially when the funds are limited

I run a side business
I know what I am saying

Businesses who passed their teething stage, or were on their way out shortly after the economic terrorist in aso rock took office are the businesses still managing to survive today.

Start-up with limited capital in 2019?
I am sorry for you.

Tho I will not advice hillybanks to go to S.A. (the choice is his)
I will not advice him to open a business in this doomed country either.

If you must venture into business
You either go under an established business already and he an apprentice for a while

Or maybe you just learn a skill

Apart from that
lipsrsealed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KLEINBASS: 11:12am On Nov 13, 2019
Austine1212:

Lol it's true

Come and you'll be laughing your way to heaven

Tell them that SA is not as good as they see on TV, we are struggling and is hard for African immigrants. You die jus for being a Nigerian, we south africans are wicked and we go around killing each other. Maybe we should make a documentary to show Nigerians that there is no greener pasture this side. We also loot Nigerian businesses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KLEINBASS: 11:13am On Nov 13, 2019
grandstar:

What is in South Africa? It has a massive unemployment rate and violent crime there is very high.

I was shocked when 2 of the Nigerian returnees from that country engaged in armed robbers within a month of being back.

Nigerians returnees from Libya which was much larger than that of South Africa were not involved in any robberies. Why those of South Africa? Because they learnt it there. South Africa needs to do more against this criminals. The money who'll use to travel I am sure can set up a small business here

Hillybankz

Tell them South Africa is bad and a no go area.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tolutheo(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
2fine2fast:
Please guys...I have rands for sale. @ 25 naira to a rand.
Thanks.

Do you still have
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MPSA(m): 4:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
Guys! You don't fear Xeno anymore, Or you Enjoy to Shout Xeno with your leaders time and again cheesy ? I don't understand your point Guys, truly Speaking grin Stay away from Xeno and enjoy life grin Love you Guys grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hello,

Please can I submit application on behalf of my wife and two children here in Nigeria embassy for SA relative dependant visa (Is it compulsory they are there). I already have my own study permit. I just want them to have the Visas in case they need to visit anytime. They will probably not be going with me for now.

Also please advise on documents I should submit and those that needs certifications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:29pm On Nov 13, 2019
obaxlove:
Hello,

Please can I submit application on behalf of my wife and two children here in Nigeria embassy for SA relative dependant visa (Is it compulsory they are there). I already have my own study permit. I just want them to have the Visas in case they need to visit anytime. They will probably not be going with me for now.

Also please advise on documents I should submit and those that needs certifications.

Refer to vfs Nigeria website for the document list and most importantly the financial requirements

High commission wouldn't understand that you want them to have the visa so they can visit. You have to demonstrate financial capability to support all of them.

Shalom
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
Geenosko:

Refer to vfs Nigeria website for the document list and most importantly the financial requirements

High commission wouldn't understand that you want them to have the visa so they can visit. You have to demonstrate financial capability to support all of them.

Shalom

I have searched I can't see any info on financial requirements.

Yes, I understand they wouldn't understand. The next question if they need to show face at vfs or not please?

Again, please how much would you advise I show?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrewbaba44: 4:07am On Nov 14, 2019
MPSA:
Guys! You don't fear Xeno anymore, Or you Enjoy to Shout Xeno with your leaders time and again cheesy ? I don't understand your point Guys, truly Speaking grin Stay away from Xeno and enjoy life grin Love you Guys grin

People that are shouting xeno aren’t living in SA and they have never been there before

Xenophobia in sa doesn’t meant it will affect everywhere there and that doesn’t means sa isn’t peaceful

It’s a simple logic bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 9:56am On Nov 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

People that are shouting xeno aren’t living in SA and they have never been there before

Xenophobia is sa doesn’t meant it will affect everywhere there and that doesn’t means sa isn’t peaceful

It’s a simple logic bro

Boss save your data and energy. It's a waste of time responding to them. You read, ignore and starve them of the attention they seek.

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elgorethi: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2019
1. You'll need to print your bank statement for each of the family member (4copies)
2. 2million naira balance is not sufficient (please raise up to 4million or more)
3. Your wife do not really need to show any proof of employment. She can just indicate housewife on her application form (Don't stress yourself)
4. Her bank statement is not really compulsory as it wouldn't be considered much for the application. If she has enough money in her account, i'll suggest she transfer it into your own account as you're considered the principal applicant.
5. Family application is treated as ONE except you're adding an extended family who does not bare same surname with you or your wife
6. They don't accept paper/cable visas. As you also know, UAE entry stamps don't even have any value when it comes to travel history
7. You do not need to go to any Ministry of Foreign affairs to do anything. Just take photocopies of your marriage certificate and children's birth certificate to a court of Notarization. Lobatan

If you need more info, do not hesitate to ask

abeylevels:
Hello @Justwise & other Gurus in the house,

I will like to go on a family vacation during xmas period to South Africa.
Basically, i will be sponsoring the trip for myself, wife & 2kids.
I have list of documents i need to present but need help on some documents for my wife & kids.
1)Does my wife & kids need the original or photocopy of my bank statement?
2)Is an account balance of 2million ok for the 4 of us?
3)My wife is basically a housewife but she does a side business & has a business ID card. Should she indicate on her form that she is a house wife or self employed?
4)Since am the one sponsoring the trip, does she need her own statement of account?
5)i have heard that each application is treated independently, what can my wife use as a tie that will ensure she returns back to Nigeria after the vacation?
6)My wife has a previous vacation to Dubai a few years, can she include a copy of this dubai visa?

Thanks in anticipation for expert advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eben1991: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
i want to apply for PhD degree admission, i will like to know if i need to evaluate my bsc degree or the Masters degree alone is fine, thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
eben1991:
i want to apply for PhD degree admission, i will like to know if i need to evaluate my bsc degree or the Masters degree alone is fine, thank you.

Masters alone is fine
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by timaji2003: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
eben1991:
You need both Masters and Bsc certificate and transcript.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
timaji2003:

You need both Masters and Bsc certificate and transcript.

Nah.... only your masters evaluation is okay for PhD.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZainabAdejoke: 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
Good day my people's of Nairaland.

Please I submitted my application to VFS on the 20/08/2019.up to this moment,I have not received alert for collection.... I applied for short term visa (Visitors)

Please, what can I do now? I want brilliant advise from you guys....

and who know South African High Commission in Nigeria, their phone number please give me and send it to my Nairaland email.. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 1:03pm On Nov 16, 2019
ZainabAdejoke:

Please I submitted my application to VFS on the 20/08/2019.up to this moment,I have not received alert for collection.... I applied for short term visa (Visitors)

and who know South African High Commission in Nigeria, their phone number please give me and send it to my Nairaland email.. thanks

All you can do at this point is to wait. Patiently
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2019
ZainabAdejoke:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abstract2019: 1:07pm On Nov 16, 2019
ZainabAdejoke:

(1) (2) (3) ... (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.