Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737005 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2019
CaptainDee:

Please, which visa category did you apply for?

Tourist
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
obaxlove:
Dear Gurus,

I recently got SA study permit so I am thinking of relocating with my family. Please can anyone help us certify our children birth and marriage certificates at Ministry of foreign affairs Abuja. Or can I do it in Lagos?

Please also help with the type of visa to apply for and require documents to submit.

Please help.

Hello,

Please help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
obaxlove:

Hello,

Please help.

It can only be authenticated in Abj
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
SkydaDGreat:
paid for courier, I submitted at vfs lagos so was surprised seeing vfs India

Submitted July 31st
Has your passport been delivered?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 9:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
Geenosko:

It can only be authenticated in Abj

Please is it compulsory I do it in person or someone an do it on my behalf? Do you know anyone who can help out?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 11:14pm On Nov 11, 2019
obaxlove:

Please is it compulsory I do it in person or someone an do it on my behalf? Do you know anyone who can help out?

Check this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs/10#82029418
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZainabAdejoke: 3:51am On Nov 12, 2019
Good day my people's of Nairaland.

Please I submitted my application to VFS on the 20/08/2019.up to this moment,I have not received alert for collection

Please, what can I do now? I want brilliant advise from you guys....

and who know South African High Commission in Nigeria, their phone number please give me and send it to my Nairaland email.. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 4:58am On Nov 12, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I know you live in sa, but i have many friends who traveled to sa with tourist visa and they applied for resident permit and they got it

As far as you got visa then you travelled legally, if you overstay na you go pay for the penalty

Not anymore sir. This was several years ago. Things have changed now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 5:08am On Nov 12, 2019
ZainabAdejoke:

Please I submitted my application to VFS on the 20/08/2019.up to this moment,I have not received alert for collection

and who know South African High Commission in Nigeria, their phone number please give me and send it to my Nairaland email.. thanks

Did you apply for long term or short term visa?

Don't bother calling their embassy number, especially the one in Lagos because it would never go through. I've never seen such level of incompetence , except in Nigeria of course.

If it's long term visa, you might need to wait a little or send an email to the director of home affairs in South Africa. They seem to be more receptive.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZainabAdejoke: 6:20am On Nov 12, 2019
Thanks Mr Incandescent and others for good respond

Please I submitted my application to VFS on the 20/08/2019.up to this moment,I have not received alert for collection.... I applied for short term (Visitors)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZainabAdejoke: 6:25am On Nov 12, 2019
Incandescent:

Did you apply for long term or short term visa?

Don't bother calling their embassy number, especially the one in Lagos because it would never go through. I've never seen such level of incompetence , except in Nigeria of course.

If it's long term visa, you might need to wait a little or send an email to the director of home affairs in South Africa. They seem to be more receptive.
Thanks Mr Incandescent
It's Short term Visa (visitors) thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abeylevels(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2019
Hello @Justwise & other Gurus in the house,

I will like to go on a family vacation during xmas period to South Africa.
Basically, i will be sponsoring the trip for myself, wife & 2kids.
I have list of documents i need to present but need help on some documents for my wife & kids.
1)Does my wife & kids need the original or photocopy of my bank statement?
2)Is an account balance of 2million ok for the 4 of us?
3)My wife is basically a housewife but she does a side business & has a business ID card. Should she indicate on her form that she is a house wife or self employed?
4)Since am the one sponsoring the trip, does she need her own statement of account?
5)i have heard that each application is treated independently, what can my wife use as a tie that will ensure she returns back to Nigeria after the vacation?
6)My wife has a previous vacation to Dubai a few years, can she include a copy of this dubai visa?

Thanks in anticipation for expert advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2019
@abeylevels

Applying for visa to SA now is a bit too late. Based on the average processing time (as reported here) there's a very good chance that the visa may not be ready in time for Christmas. If you are convinced, there's no harm in trying.

1. Include your bank statement and hers

2. Let's do a rough estimate, since you haven't booked flights now average ticket cost by December would be around 200k that's 400k for both of you, this may increase with the number of kids. Factor in accommodation which would be expensive and feeding. Let's say 1.5million. What the VO may think is after spending 1.5m on a trip, will 500k be enough to take care of your family? (logical thinking � �) my opinion is that it may not be enough. ( I stand corrected sha)

3. Let her indicate she's self employed.

4. Yes let her add hers.

5. The fact you are married should be enough ties. (hopefully)

6. Yes should include it.

Bonus - You may need to certify your wedding certificate and the birth certificate of your kids at ministry of foreign affairs at Abuja. (confirm from the checklist)

Shalom.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 8:54am On Nov 12, 2019
Geenosko:
@abeylevels

Applying for visa to SA now is a bit too late. Based on the average processing time (as reported here) there's a very good chance that the visa may not be ready in time for Christmas. If you are convinced, there's no harm in trying.

2. Let's do a rough estimate, since you haven't booked flights now average ticket cost by December would be around 200k that's 400k for both of you, this may increase with the number of kids. Factor in accommodation which would be expensive and feeding. Let's say 1.5million. What the VO may think is after spending 1.5m on a trip, will 500k be enough to take care of your family? (logical thinking � �) my opinion is that it may not be enough. ( I stand corrected sha)

4. Yes let her add hers.

Bonus - You may need to certify your wedding certificate and the birth certificate of your kids at ministry of foreign affairs at Abuja. (confirm from the checklist)

Shalom.

You don't need to certify/authenticate if it's for short stay.

Speaking from recent submission

But please call VFS to re-confirm
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2019
Pls do i need to book an appointment first before going for submittion and how long does it take for the tourist visa to be issued,i need urgent response,thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abeylevels(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2019
Geenosko:
@abeylevels

4. Yes let her add hers.

Shalom.

Thanks for the response. As for the bank balance, i am also including investment in fixed deposit with value over 4million naira as well as investment in Land. Is this good enough proof to the Embassy that i can Sponsor the trip?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abeylevels(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2019
Incandescent:

You don't need to certify/authenticate if it's for short stay.

Speaking from recent submission

But please call VFS to re-confirm

Thanks for this info.
1) I intend allowing my wife to use the original in her own application while i use the "certified true copy" for my application. Is that ok?

2)Do the kids need to include copies of the marriage cert of parents in their application?

3)Do we parents need to include copies of children birth cert in our own applications?

Thanks for your help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrewbaba44: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
Geenosko:

Not anymore sir. This was several years ago. Things have changed now.

I am speaking about 2 years ago thou
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Oludharey1: 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
[someone should pls help with thisquote author=Oludharey1 post=83953460]Pls do i need to book an appointment first before going for submittion and how long does it take for the tourist visa to be issued,i need urgent response,thanks.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I am speaking about 2 years ago thou

Yea just that in SA they keep changing their immigration regulations so it can be a bit hard to keep up grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.