Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,470 members, 7,836,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1746510 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Koval12(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2019
Eltappy:

9 months. I applied 04/04/2019. UKZN PhD.
understandably, there's no need for urgency. You still got your Visa in due time before the commencement of your PHD program which starts January. I think that's the reason for the delay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Eltappy: 9:47am On Dec 03, 2019
Koval12:
understandably, there's no need for urgency. You still got your Visa in due time before the commencement of your PHD program which starts January. I think that's the reason for the delay.
lol...Due time ? I got offer of admission on 7th of March, I’d practically lost an academic session because of the delay.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 10:07am On Dec 03, 2019
Eltappy:

lol...Due time ? I got offer of admission on 7th of March, I’d practically lost an academic session because of the delay.

Have you finally gotten it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elhafeez(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2019
anointeddove:
Good day brethren, i submitted my visa application on 22/11/2019 for a conference, till now i have not hear from them, i tracked it, it says under assessment, and the day of conference as passed on 30/11/2019, though i have visited SA this year and i did not over stay, please can they still give me the visa?

I submitted my application on 18th November. I haven't heard from them too.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by anointeddove: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2019
elhafeez:

I submitted my application on 18th November. I haven't heard from them too.
Please when u get response let us know

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 11:44am On Dec 04, 2019
Hi guys, what is going on with visas. Please if you have gotten visas or not please let the house know so we could at least put one and two together because right now it seems nothing is happening at all. And kindly state what kinda visa you applied for. Mine is study visa on the 11th Oct 2019 and no gist yet, officially 8 weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Visa type : Visitors visa Date of application : 14 0ct 2019 Condition : under assessment

Pls is any one undergoing this wahala like me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
yacha77:
Hi guys, what is going on with visas. Please if you have gotten visas or not please let the house know so we could at least put one and two together because right now it seems nothing is happening at all. And kindly state what kinda visa you applied for. Mine is study visa on the 11th Oct 2019 and no gist yet, officially 8 weeks.

Lol!
I submitted common Visit Visa since 17th Sept. I haven’t heard anything till date. When my travel date clearly states 13th Dec. I have left it for them. Maybe they just want to be looking at my fine face on my passport. Na them sabi!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nubiadoll(f): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
I submitted my application on the15th of November. I haven't heard from them .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
Na wa ooooooh, even if na delayed visa??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:35pm On Dec 04, 2019
From my experience so far allow for at least 10-13 weeks from submission to collection.

My siblings whose applications I supported took over 10 weeks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
One of my in-laws submitted November 17 and got the visa today .Although visiting visa but she had Canada, USA,China and UAE visas before . The truth is if you dont have travel history your application maybe delay and scrutinized more compare with some one with visas from advanced countries . Moreover long term visas may take longer time because the medical aid & relevant docs will b verified properly .There was one particular year fake admissions letter and fake medical aid were submitted by applicants from Nigeria .Docs from Nigerian citizens are scrutinized more compare to other countries
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
Eltappy:

Almost 10 monrhs that is too much have u contact the embassy? Have you contacted the international school office of your host institution?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Eltappy:

contact international office of your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:18am On Dec 05, 2019
samtol4:
One of my in-laws submitted November 17 and got the visa today .Although visiting visa but she had Canada, USA,China and UAE visas before . The truth is if you dont have travel history your application maybe delay and scrutinized more compare with some one with visas from advanced countries . Moreover long term visas may take longer time because the medical aid & relevant docs will b verified properly .There was one particular year fake admissions letter and fake medical aid were submitted by applicants from Nigeria .Docs from Nigerian citizens are scrutinized more compare to other countries

Baba see ehn, there's really no method to their ways o.

One of my siblings has extensive travel history with active UK, USA, and shenghen visas, her application took 13 weeks. My other sibling with just Ghana travel history had hers out in 10 weeks.

I just feel that these guys are just grossly incompetent. All it takes is an email to the issuing body for whatever documents they want to verify and they will get their response.

For my siblings, I used my bank details to support their application. I didn't get any single call from them to verify if I indeed invited them, my bank did not receive any call from them to verify if my bank statements were authentic.

They also didn't call them to verify any of the documents they submitted.
So what in God's name are verifying in ten months? It's just plain incompetence.

That's all

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Damimubo: 5:57am On Dec 05, 2019
Exactly, my application along with my kids was denied around June due to certification of their birth cert and bank acct lacks credibility, am a business woman my acct runs very well every week with good sum of money, I submitted our first application with 1.8m but was denied. We submitted our second application doing the needful and my acct bal was 2.6m, no bulk money deposited, just my normal money flow, and last week I went to collect our passports and was denied again this time my acct is inconsistence. My brother in law has been to Dublin twice , south Africa twice and yet was denied last week due to inconsistency in his acct and he work with FAAN. I later called a well know tourist agent, they take pple to different countries for tour and I explained my predicament with the south Africa embassy and he said they denied ALL their applicant going for holiday on the ground of acct not been consistency. So it's not by ur travel history they just dont want us their country and note not only south Africa embassy same with Ireland embassy, Italy, and Belgium. Some of our brothers and sister in their country don spoil our image pass repair, and our govt con add fuel to it. If u have been denied twice just take a break, go to another country if u wish to cool ur brain off this dec. All will be well.

One of my siblings has extensive travel history with active UK, USA, and shenghen visas, her application took 13 weeks. My other siblings with just Ghana travel history had hers out in 10 weeks.

I just feel that these guys are just grossly incompetent. All it takes is an email to the issuing body for whatever documents they want to verify and they will get their response.

For my siblings, I used my bank details to support their application. I didn't get any single call from them to verify if I indeed invited them, my bank did not receive any call from them to verify if my bank statements were authentic.

So what in God's name are verifying in ten months? It's just plain incompetence.

That's all[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2019
I hope they Sha use their head oooh, in my letter of introduction I explained my account details in one paragraph just in case of this kinda story with account statements. I didn't attached too much paper work as not to complicate my app. Anybody with any other info please share with us..............
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 11:42am On Dec 05, 2019
pls do they still book appointment before going to submit documents?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2019
They are just topnotch incompetent & grossly inefficient. Even when you get to the embassy, the demeanor & attitude would let you know they are crude.

Other civilised countries would not treat you like this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 1:27pm On Dec 05, 2019
adespecial:
pls do they still book appointment before going to submit documents?

Nope
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2019
Geenosko:

One of my siblings has extensive travel history with active UK, USA, and shenghen visas, her application took 13 weeks. My other sibling with just Ghana travel history had hers out in 10 weeks.

That's all
You have a point .Well said however dont you think is a deliberate attempt to discourage younger people who may or may not overstay? I dont think it is incompetence but a deliberate act against Nigerian applicant .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
samtol4:
You have a point .Well said however dont you think is a deliberate attempt to discourage younger people who may or may not overstay? I dont think it is incompetence but a deliberate act against Nigerian applicant .

With the way things are, I'm tempted to agree.
A Kenyan colleague told me this morning that her sibling's visit visa was approved in 72 hours. I was in sifia pains grin

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2019
Geenosko:

With the way things are, I'm tempted to agree.
A Kenyan colleague told me this morning that her sibling's visit visa was approved in 72 hours. I was in sifia pains grin
A colleague from another country applied for PR within 5days it was approved while a Nigerian application is taking almost 7months no outcome yet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mobolajifanny(m): 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Emiss4:
Getting a south africa visa is not difficult..the embassy offers 3 month visa,2- 3 weeks duration for processing,requirement 4 sa visa includes yellow cards,statement of account,valid international passport,2 passport photography,company's letter head(optional),invitation letter(optional),ticket itineary,and hotel reservation..4 more info and update u guys in addition getting a visa @ lagos embassy is difficult unlike abuja embassy..the duratin in lagos embassy takes time up to a month..

Thanks for the information
Please like how much should be inside the bank statement before submitting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Mobolajifanny:

Thanks for the information
Please like how much should be inside the bank statement before submitting

Hmmmm the information you quoted is outdated o.
Processing time on the average is around 10 weeks or more. To be in the safe side, have at least 800k to 1m in your account.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gabby227(m): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
Geenosko:

Hmmmm the information you quoted is outdated o.
Processing time on the average is around 10 weeks or more. To be in the safe side, have at least 800k to 1m in your account.

You mean for study visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 5:42am On Dec 06, 2019
gabby227:

You mean for study visa?

Processing time or proof of funds?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2019
CaptainDee:
Good day. Could someone kindly share the process for recalling one's passport. Thanks a lot.

Please can someone help me out with this information. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iretiogo1: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2019
CaptainDee:

Please can someone help me out with this information. Thanks
go to the vfs center tell them you want to withdraw ya passport they we give you a form to fill
It take 48hrs

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gabby227(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2019
Geenosko:

Processing time or proof of funds?

The proof of funds

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.