Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734453 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
padyt007:
please when will they be opened back in January

2nd of Jan.

You can check their website for further info
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
oluwasoft:
Visa Denied
Hotel reservation

How did you go about the hotel reservation? Was it a genuine booking?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dannie007(m): 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
What type of booking did you do before?? Prepaid reservation or just the normal Reservation?.

[quote author=Fasasiidris post=84784655][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 8:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quote author=Fasasiidris post=84784655][/quote]

Please don't appeal, it takes longer time. Just reapply.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Koval12(m): 10:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Good morning guys

Please guys I have a question..

I am about submitting my visa application for study permit. I have over 2.3m in my account, but it's a new account that was created and funded within 3months.. I also have a brother who wants to sponsor me, but he doesn't have up 2m in his account.. Please is it advisable for me to self sponsor myself using an account that I have barely run for 2months, or use my brother's statement of account? He is a banker and wants to give me that bank statement to his salary account.. I am very confused here because I have seen so many people denied visa because of this same bank issues..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jemypeters: 8:27am On Dec 11, 2019
good morning house... trust yall slept well.. please i am filling up the visa application form for 3weeks vacation... please btw the single entry and the two entry which is better and has a higher chance of being granted since this is my 1st SA visa application.

Thanks yall
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gabby227(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
mroyato:

The rate of refusals by the SA embassy in recent weeks is about the highest I have ever seen. Applicants now get refused for the slighest error. Anyways to answer your question please make sure your next application is foolproof especially your hotel reservation and bank statement.

If you are planning to reapply this year, then you have until thursday 12th Dec. to submit your application as the embassy is closing for the year on the said date.

Good luck in your next application.

Please hope they will accept tomorrow because i am on my way to Abuja for the application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2019
Submitted on the 16th of October, received a mail that passport had been returned to VSF on Monday, 9/12/19. Received it today via UPS. VISA granted.

First time visitor.

Was refused In may this year(my first application.)

I applied on my own with information I got here. Thank you guys!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 8:04pm On Dec 11, 2019
cucumbar:
Submitted on the 16th of October, received a mail that passport had been returned to VSF on Monday, 9/12/19. Received it today via UPS. VISA granted.

First time visitor.

Congratulations Mr Cucumber grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 7:07am On Dec 12, 2019
cucumbar:

First time visitor.

Congratulations
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:13am On Dec 12, 2019
Please, I was asked to visit for 2 weeks only(14 days, I assume).

In my introduction letter, I specified that I wanted to visit for 10 days.

Will it be an issue if I stay for, say 12 days?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2019
cucumbar:
Please, I was asked to visit for 2 weeks only(14 days, I assume).

In my introduction letter, I specified that I wanted to visit for 10 days.

Will it be an issue if I stay for, say 12 days?

No, there is no issue if you stay for 12days since your Visa is for 14days BUT no matter what happens, please do NOT overstay your visa duration.

Congrats once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2019
080bjaked:

No, there is no issue if you stay for 12days since your Visa is for 14days BUT no matter what happens, please do NOT overstay your visa duration.

Congrats once again.
thank you , bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chuksinfotech: 5:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
Good Evening Guys,

I intend to go for PgDip in Educational Technology @ the University of Cape Town and it is a one year programme. I actually have a sponsor who I also intend to his Financial details for Visa Application, the programme is for one year, I already have my admission letter and undertaking from the International office addressed to the consulate.

Please I need the latest step by step process of on how I can go about the application process for Study Visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2019
chuksinfotech:
Good Evening Guys,

I intend to go for PgDip in Educational Technology @ the University of Cape Town and it is a one year programme. I actually have a sponsor who I also intend to his Financial details for Visa Application, the programme is for one year, I already have my admission letter and undertaking from the International office addressed to the consulate.

Please I need the latest step by step process of on how I can go about the application process for Study Visa
when is ur resumption month ..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys, someone mentioned Dec 12 for the embassy to close for the years. Does that mean we won't be hearing from them again till next year?

As in we can't get passports back , apply or withdraw application s.?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2019
yacha77:
Hi guys, someone mentioned Dec 12 for the embassy to close for the years. Does that mean we won't be hearing from them again till next year?

I’m not sure it will be open for withdrawals. You can only pick up your passport once you have received the notification for pick up
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2019
chuksinfotech:
Good Evening Guys,

There is a checklist of documents for study visa application on the VFS website but to save you the time, below is all the required documents.

1. Passport Intl
2. Bio-data page
3. Yellow card
4. 2 coloured white background passport
5. Application form duly completed
6. Letter of self introduction
7. Letter of introduction from employer.
8. Proof of accomodation or hotel details
9. Verifiable flight itinery
10. Medical report
11. Radiography report
12. Police clearance
13. Proof of funds (3 months bank statement)
14. Marriage certificate if married.
15. Admission letter
16. Letter of undertaking from institution
17. Medical insurance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2019
yacha77:

Most probably yes!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elhafeez(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2019
I submitted my Visa application (Visiting) on 18th November. Today I got a message and mail that my processed application been processed and collected form the South African Visa application centre Abuja. The sad part is that the programme am attending is tomorrow. Even if am grant the Visa it wouldn't do me any good now.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 3:53am On Dec 13, 2019
elhafeez:
I submitted my Visa application (Visiting) on 18th November. Today I got a message and mail that my processed application been processed and collected form the South African Visa application centre Abuja. The sad part is that the programme am attending is tomorrow. Even if am grant the Visa it wouldn't do me any good now.
why? You didn’t have to wait for long now. Just three weeks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 7:53am On Dec 13, 2019
mroyato:

Most probably yes!

Na wa oooh. Today makes it 9 weeks for study visa.........,.......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2019
hotice1954:

I’m not sure it will be open for withdrawals. You can only pick up your passport once you have received the notification for pick up
thanks and I hope so
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incandescent(m): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2019
I'd advise you go with cash to VFS if you want to submit an application. They no longer accept card payment & they are yet to update it on their website. Very annoying set of people
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jemypeters: 10:32am On Dec 13, 2019
hello house with regards to my hotel booking..

On the form i am seeing PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION/CONFIRMATION FROM HOTEL DIRECTLY.

and so far this is the confirmation. please those of us here who has traveled there before should help me check it out if its a go.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by obaxlove(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
jemypeters:
hello house with regards to my hotel booking..

On the form i am seeing PROOF OF ACCOMMODATION/CONFIRMATION FROM HOTEL DIRECTLY.

and so far this is the confirmation. please those of us here who has traveled there before should help me check it out if its a go.

You can't use bookings or any other hotel portals as your means of accommodation. You must book directly from the hotel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
chuksinfotech:
Good Evening Guys,

Pay your medical aid for one year and get all the required documents written on your admission letter,then submit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
yacha77:
Na wa oooh. Today makes it 9 weeks for study visa.........,.......
Which program?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jemypeters: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2019
obaxlove:

You can't use bookings or any other hotel portals as your means of accommodation. You must book directly from the hotel.

ok ..thanks alot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yacha77: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
samtol4:
Which program?
Flight school

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elhafeez(m): 5:10am On Dec 14, 2019
cucumbar:
why? You didn’t have to wait for long now. Just three weeks.
My previous experiences have been 5 days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2019
elhafeez:

My previous experiences have been 5 days.
oh okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.