Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,784 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733482 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sapphiremystic: 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2020
DoubleGiant:

Is this applicable to Abuja or Lagos?

Abuja

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cassieluv: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
sapphiremystic:
Hello house,

After certifying my documents at the ministry of education, do I still need to certify at ministry of foreign affairs?

I certified at both ministries.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
sapphiremystic:
Hello house,

After certifying my documents at the ministry of education, do I still need to certify at ministry of foreign affairs?
When are you resuming
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aydotbenz: 9:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Good evening everyone, please I need your help with up to date infprmation information on getting a study permit fpr my brother. I have read all the requirements but still require guides. 1)Medical and radiology reports recognised can be obtained from where? I need recommendation and cost.

2) Certificate of medical aid cover and insurance. I need recommendation of the appropriate centre to do that and the cost

3) Police clearance certificate....where to obtain that and the cost

4) vacconation card, where to get that and the cost.

5) Do we need to certify any documents? Pls guide

Thank you all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 9:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
aydotbenz:
Good evening everyone, please I need your help with up to date infprmation information on getting a study permit fpr my brother. I have read all the requirements but still require guides. 1)Medical and radiology reports recognised can be obtained from where? I need recommendation and cost.

2) Certificate of medical aid cover and insurance. I need recommendation of the appropriate centre to do that and the cost

Thank you all
aydotbenz:

Thank you all
For
1) general hospital ( government ) hospital
2) momentum health care will do
3) try alagbon ci in lagos very close to ikoyi passport office
4) Yellow card !! Try Murtala mommad airport !! Or federal ministry of health or apapa sea port
5) you have to be specific on the type of documents if is marriage certificate Or birth certificate ( ministry of foreign affairs abuja ) for degree .. I don’t really know but try public notary
Do u have visa letter or undertaking from school registrar

When are you expected to resume

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aydotbenz: 11:48am On Jan 18, 2020
Thanks a bunch PadyT,
Do you have idea of cost for momentum insurance and all the medicals. Acceptance letter from institution will be processed.
Thank you
padyt007:

For
1) general hospital ( government ) hospital
2) momentum health care will do
3) try alagbon ci in lagos very close to ikoyi passport office
4) Yellow card !! Try Murtala mommad airport !! Or federal ministry of health or apapa sea port
5) you have to be specific on the type of documents if is marriage certificate Or birth certificate ( ministry of foreign affairs abuja ) for degree .. I don’t really know but try public notary
Do u have visa letter or undertaking from school registrar

When are you expected to resume
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
cucumbar:
No, went by air. I'm thinking you could go by train. It might be quite a distance travelling by road. It was almost 2 hours (1:55min) by air.
Cape Town is like 18 hours by road

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 12:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
morpheus24:

Go to Zanzibar or Seychelles or Mauritius, forget South Africa, it is not what it used to be. You are just giving them free money to put into their economy so they can fund their welfare programs.
South Africa doesn't need your naira to maintain its welfare system.

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
don't be discouraged. It all depends on luck. I applied for a visit visa last year Dec and it came out within 5working days, though i was denied and i have applied again this year and it spent just 5 working days with them as well. i think you should give it a trial and you will realise what am saying

kizonero:
Na wa o, this SA visa thing is indeed pain in the head. I am planning on touring SA this year as part of my travel history. But from what I have read so far, I am not encouraged with the way the processing stuff go.

Pls gurus in the house, which other African country do u think I should sub for SA. I have been to Ghana and Dubai. Just want to burst my travel history once more.

Thank u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Js22621:
No passenger train tickets from Joburg to CPT, either by road (18-20hour) or by air 2hours.

There's actually a train from Pretoria to Cape Town.Unfortunately it's not your everyday ordinary commuter train,it's called The Blue Train and to use this one you gonna have to cough up half of your travel budget.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mroyato(m): 1:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
JaceBlaze:
There's actually a train from Pretoria to Cape Town.Unfortunately it's not your everyday ordinary commuter train,it's called The Blue Train and to use this one you gonna have to cough up half of your travel budget.

Did you just say it cost about half of your travel budget?? The cheapest rate on the blue train is about 20k Rands; equivalent to about 500,000 naira. That money is enough to fly you anywhere around the world.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JaceBlaze: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2020
mroyato:

Did you just say it cost about half of your travel budget?? The cheapest rate on the blue train is about 20k Rands; equivalent to about 500,000 naira. That money is enough to fly you anywhere around the world.
So a trip in a blue train from Pretoria to Cape Town is worth of one way plane ticket around the world? I'm a South African but I didn't know this.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lionessza6(f): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
morpheus24:

Go to Zanzibar or Seychelles or Mauritius, forget South Africa, it is not what it used to be. You are just giving them free money to put into their economy so they can fund their welfare programs.

It used to be what ,& when was this?.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
Lionessza6:

It used to be what ,& when was this?.

Lol never mind him

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lionessza6(f): 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
morpheus24:

If I had time I will be at the embassy in Lagos with a bullhorn day in day out screaming it out loud !

Can't you sponsor the initiative?. I think for years you have had these feelings and prophecies grin,not that I care or think you're wrong or right, that's not the point but I find your passion and dedication to SA and its problems quiet fascinating for someone with nothing invested in the country.

you have been on this clearly futile campaign on nairaland,can't you take just a week off your busy schedule to actually be at the embassy ?. I think a week and a couple of volunteers that would help you spread the word would do a lot more good. It's just a suggestion though.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lionessza6(f): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
cucumbar:
This is deep. But I think you are correct. They have a violent past that is hunting them.

And you feel comfortable being surrounded by such people ? shocked. Is Nigeria with no violent history not the best option for you guys?I'm asking this genuinely btw.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
aydotbenz:
Thanks a bunch PadyT,
Do you have idea of cost for momentum insurance and all the medicals. Acceptance letter from institution will be processed.
Thank you
Like 5200 rands .. for medical 7 k will do
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 5:57pm On Jan 18, 2020
Lionessza6:

And you feel comfortable being surrounded by such people ? shocked. Is Nigeria with no violent history not the best option for you guys?I'm asking this genuinely btw.
oh well, I’m quoting what a tour guide stated when I visited recently. That’s asides the interactions I had with some natives.
I wouldn’t have dared enter those areas without a guide.
We just drove by some places without stopping, because we were told ‘anything can happen’.

Every country has a past.

That aside, South Africa is a very beautiful and organized country, more beautiful than Nigeria( Patrotism aside).
I will visit again wink

How could I have forgotten this: I love your babes, with their huge backside shocked. I’m still single and searching, maybe you could be of help here wink.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dende3: 10:23am On Jan 19, 2020
adespecial:
don't be discouraged. It all depends on luck. I applied for a visit visa last year Dec and it came out within 5working days, though i was denied and i have applied again this year and it spent just 5 working days with them as well. i think you should give it a trial and you will realise what am saying

How long does south africa visiting visa processing takes .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dongatzby(m): 11:40am On Jan 19, 2020
Yes
sapphiremystic:
Hello house,

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lionessza6(f): 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
cucumbar:
oh well, I’m quoting what a tour guide stated when I visited recently. That’s asides the interactions I had with some natives.
I wouldn’t have dared enter those areas without a guide.
We just drove by some places without stopping, because we were told ‘anything can happen’.

@ the bolded ....Care to share ?

Do you understand what tour guides are for ? grin

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kizonero(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2020
Is Rwanda a tourist place?

How can I apply for ther visa and how much is the flight ticket from Lagos.

Another thing I want to ask, can I travel to Rwanda or Kenya from Ghana?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sapphiremystic: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
padyt007:
When are you resuming

School resumed on the 8th of January
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
@Lionessza6,
Let’s leave that abeg, every nation have some unpalatable past, it’s not peculiar to South Africa. Nigeria does too.
If given the opportunity, I’ll prefer living in South Africa than Nigeria.....in areas like Sandton where I stayed in jo’burg, or camps bay in capetown.

Please, I’m more interested in the issue I wrote in bold letters in my first response, SERIOUSLY cool

I sent you a PM. Please reply.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
kizonero:
Is Rwanda a tourist place?

How can I apply for ther visa and how much is the flight ticket from Lagos.

Another thing I want to ask, can I travel to Rwanda or Kenya from Ghana?
You can travel to anywhere from anywhere.

Go to Kenya. You will enjoy Nairobi. It has this western touch like South Africa as well. Beautiful country.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 9:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
sapphiremystic:

School resumed on the 8th of January
and you just want to apply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sapphiremystic: 9:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
padyt007:
and you just want to apply

Well, I just got admission letter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Koval12(m): 11:36am On Jan 20, 2020
sapphiremystic:

Well, I just got admission letter
just ask your your school to give you 8 weeks extension letter in order to process your Visa as an international student. My own school resumes today but I got 8 weeks extension before VFS accepted my application,
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by padyt007(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Koval12:
just ask your your school to give you 8 weeks extension letter in order to process your Visa as an international student. My own school resumes today but I got 8 weeks extension before VFS accepted my application,
please how did you do this and who did you message

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.