Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,171 members, 7,835,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1745851 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
drtee247:

Thanks Tembi grin

Lol, Thembi is a girl's name. I'm not. Themba is male though - but still not my name.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Whats the duration for visit visa? Mine is over a month already?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibrahim8258: 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Nikky1759:
Whats the duration for visit visa? Mine is over a month already?
3 month or 4 month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ibrahim8258: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol, Thembi is a girl's name. I'm not. Themba is male though - but still not my name.
mine took 3 months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Ibrahim8258:

mine took 3 months
Wow!! I mean short term visit visa not exceeding 3 months ??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2021
Nikky1759:
Wow!! I mean short term visit visa not exceeding 3 months ??
Please house my application for a short term visa is now over a month do you suggest i send them email if yes please can someone give the format on how to write it.thank you for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2021
Gurus in the house, how long can I remain in Nigeria for before leaving for SA? Still tiding things. Supervisor hasn't replied to email. Considering that second semester started in July and this is September.

Thank you all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2021
funshobabs:
Gurus in the house, how long can I remain in Nigeria for before leaving for SA? Still tiding things. Supervisor hasn't replied to email. Considering that second semester started in July and this is September.

Thank you all.

You don't have a specific timeline before entering SA as long as you enter within the period specified on your visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
drtee247:
I’m a doctor, 1 year post NYSC and wish to travel to SA for greener pasture due to the fact that the Nigerian Government does not appreciate their doctors and I have been owed salary for 8months... pls I will need help about how to relocate to South Africa.. thank you modified- .. any input

Even Nigerian doctors in SA are leaving SA for Canada, Uk and Australia. You are a young doctor. Look for another country. Not trying to discourage you but today's SA is different has they hardly issue critical skills visa anymore because of high unemployment rates.

Its much easier if you are in SA already on a study visa or you finished a post grad already in SA.

Does SA need doctors? Yes they really do. Give it a shot if you have a lot of patience but weigh your options and dont let SA hold your passport for months while blocking you from applying to other countries.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2021
You can come into S A at any time but I don't know if your school can still register you for this year because registration dates for each school differs. You can confirm that with your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayodeleajayi220: 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2021
You can come into S A at any time but I don't know if your school can still register you for this year because registration dates for each school differs. You can confirm that with your school
Nikky1759:
Please house my application for a short term visa is now over a month do you suggest i send them email if yes please can someone give the format on how to write it.thank you for your help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2021
Are you saying SA embassy in Nigeria doesn't issue critical skill Visa in Nigeria?

tannystacey:

Even Nigerian doctors in SA are leaving SA for Canada, Uk and Australia. You are a young doctor. Look for another country. Not trying to discourage you but today's SA is different has they hardly issue critical skills visa anymore because of high unemployment rates.

Its much easier if you are in SA already on a study visa or you finished a post grad already in SA.

Does SA need doctors? Yes they really do. Give it a shot if you have a lot of patience but weigh your options and dont let SA hold your passport for months while blocking you from applying to other countries.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2021
Thanks very helpful
hopcious:

You don't have a specific timeline before entering SA as long as you enter within the period specified on your visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nyce55: 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2021
Please house I need help with permanent residence application. Where should I lodge the application in South Africa or Nigeria which one is more faster
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by madejibo: 10:38pm On Aug 30, 2021
nyce55:
Please house I need help with permanent residence application. Where should I lodge the application in South Africa or Nigeria which one is more faster

What criterion are you applying under?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OmoWorld: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2021
nyce55:

Where are you currently... is it in South africa or Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2021
nyce55:

PR application is not yet open. It is always advisable you apply from South Africa to indicate you are currently resident within the country.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2021
Good day everyone

Is VFS at lekki working at the moment ?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2021
yes but u need appointment

andrew444:
Good day everyone

Is VFS at lekki working at the moment ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2021
Please, how long do they give you date to come from the day you book appointment?
pufframmy:
yes but u need appointment

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ibrahim8258:

mine took 3 months

Hi. Please did you apply to visit someone in SA or you applied to just visit as a tourist lodging in an hotel?

How much did you have in your bank account?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2021
Hi everyone. Please i need some advice.

Whats the best way to apply for SA visitors visa from Nigeria now? Should the person just apply as a regular tourist and book an hotel, or does the person stand a higher chance if the person gets a proper invite from someone who lives in SA (permanent residence with a job and savings)? Fyi, the visitor is just a friend and not in any way related to the PR holder. But the visitor will be staying with the PR holder in his house in SA.

The visitor has been to SA b4 for a visit and returned to Nigeria after a week.

Just want to know which is best now considering all these stories about visitors visa. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2021
Cant say
Lezy:
Please, how long do they give you date to come from the day you book appointment?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chrisbada: 7:04am On Sep 01, 2021
You should be able to get an appointment date to submit your application the very next day.

Lezy:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chrisbada: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2021
It all just depends on the visitor's reason for visiting SA.

If the PR holder is ready to commit to writing an invitation letter and also provide their financial status (i.e prove that they will be able to take care and be responsible for the visitor during their visit to the Republic) then this might be the preferred option. Here, the responsibility will lie on the PR holder.

if the above is not visible, the visitor will have to prove to the embassy that they are legitimately visiting the Republic. Here the visitor will have to provide some form of an itinerary, statement of account, hotel...etc. Here the responsibility lies more on the visitor.

I hope you find the above info useful

tannystacey:

Whats the best way to apply for SA visitors visa from Nigeria now? Should the person just apply as a regular tourist and book an hotel, or does the person stand a higher chance if the person gets a proper invite from someone who lives in SA (permanent residence with a job and savings)? Fyi, the visitor is just a friend and not in any way related to the PR holder. But the visitor will be staying with the PR holder in his house in SA.

Just want to know which is best now considering all these stories about visitors visa. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2021
chrisbada:

It all just depends on the visitor's reason for visiting SA.

If the PR holder is ready to commit to writing an invitation letter and also provide their financial status (i.e prove that they will be able to take care and be responsible for the visitor during their visit to the Republic) then this might be the preferred option. Here, the responsibility will lie on the PR holder.

if the above is not visible, the visitor will have to prove to the embassy that they are legitimately visiting the Republic. Here the visitor will have to provide some form of an itinerary, statement of account, hotel...etc. Here the responsibility lies more on the visitor.

I hope you find the above info useful

Thanks a lot
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2021
Please what is the average upkeep budget (excluding rent) in rands for a month as a single international student?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by madejibo: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2021
Honestly the best way to go about a short stay visa is a tourism visa. It is better to apply and show that you have no affiliation in the republic. Book hotels, book events and tours, have a proper itinerary in the republic. Let them know you are only visiting for tourism purposes, South Africa is big on tourism, before COVID19 emergence South Africa's tourism contribution to GDP was over 10%. Choose tours like the Garden Route (eastern Cape to Western Cape) visits to stellenbosch's wine farms, the cape point, table mountain, come to Gauteng to visit Soweto, so many things to do, just Google.
You must back this up with proof that you can afford it, if possible make deposits. When booking hotels, book in multiple cities, book different connecting flights within SA. You don't have to pay for them. Honestly tourism visa with a no affiliation with persons in the republic is the best

tannystacey:

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2021
The best thing to do first is to contact your school and confirm if registration is still open
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
funshobabs:
Gurus in the house, how long can I remain in Nigeria for before leaving for SA? Still tiding things. Supervisor hasn't replied to email. Considering that the second semester started in July and this is September.

Thank you all.
The second semester started in August in most schools. First, confirm with your postgraduate officer if you can still register. If registration has close in your school, coming this year may be a waste, considering house rent and other expenses.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshobabs(m): 9:32pm On Sep 01, 2021
Many thanks
samtol4:
The second semester started in August in most schools. First, confirm with your postgraduate officer if you can still register. If registration has close in your school, coming this year may be a waste, considering house rent and other expenses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by friffy: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
Good day All,

I am having issues making payment for evaluation of Foreign Qualifications on SAQA website .
Whenever I get to the final stage of payment i.e after entering OTP, the website logs me out immediately.

I will appreciate a quick response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.