Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731385 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 1:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Hello House,
Please what are the requirements to travel to SA at the moment with a child and one of the parents?
Is consent letter from the other parent still required? I read it on SA home affairs website that consent letter is not required again if such documents have been submitted during the visa application, but I don't know what's required in Lagos before they can fly out.
Is Covid test still required? If yes, will the child test for Covid as well? and what timeline must the test be done before departure?

A response by anyone that has travelled recently or with similar situation will be highly appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chrisbada: 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Do you all have visas to travel to SA??

if you are traveling with a child or Minor, you will surely need the child's original birth certificate or a way to prove that the child is yours and you will need to have a letter or affidavit from your partner giving his or her consent or permission to travel with the child or Minor.

It's a requirement to travel with a minor within SA ( inter-province Air Travels) so it will surely be required at any South African port of entry.I have had to provide my Daughters birth certificate before boarding flights within SA.

They have this measure in place to curb child trafficking

Yhamo:
Hello House,
Please what are the requirements to travel to SA at the moment with a child and one of the parents?
Is consent letter from the other parent still required? I read it on SA home affairs website that consent letter is not required again if such documents have been submitted during the visa application, but I don't know what's required in Lagos before they can fly out.
Is Covid test still required? If yes, will the child test for Covid as well? and what timeline must the test be done before departure?

A response by anyone that has travelled recently or with similar situation will be highly appreciated.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2021
pufframmy:
Please what the Situation on people who travel to south Africa via Nigeria are dey still collecting the money from travel arriving in nigeria
100% yes. You pay for your hotel 14days before boarding flight from SA to Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Jammyjammy:
How long does it take to get SAQA evaluation document.
It depends on response from your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 7:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yhamo:
Hello House,

A letter from the non-travelling parent consenting to the "non-South African citizen child" accompanying the travelling parent is no longer required on arriving/departing RSA, as per the current immigration regulations (gazetted). It's only required for SAC children.
However, you may be required to provide such on departing NGA, as per NGA's immigration regulations.
So, you should ideally have a copy of the child's birth certificate and a signed consent letter on your person.

Covid tests are required for every traveller older than 6 (You can check with your airline to confirm this)

Time between submitting sample and departure should not exceed 72 hours
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 10:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yhamo:
Hello House,

Minister of Home Affairs explains the current rules (2019)

https://businesstech.co.za/news/lifestyle/346436/what-you-need-to-know-about-south-africas-new-birth-certificate-travel-rules/amp/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 3:46am On Sep 10, 2021
1. You do not pay 14 days. You pay for 7 days.
2. Airlines now only required you to pay for arrival PCR test and 7 days post-arrival test to board the plane.
samtol4:
100% yes. You pay for your hotel 14days before boarding flight from SA to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 8:01am On Sep 10, 2021
Thank you for this comprehensive explanation...

Dayhor:

A letter from the non-travelling parent consenting to the "non-South African citizen child" accompanying the travelling parent is no longer required on arriving/departing RSA, as per the current immigration regulations (gazetted). It's only required for SAC children.
However, you may be required to provide such on departing NGA, as per NGA's immigration regulations.
So, you should ideally have a copy of the child's birth certificate and a signed consent letter on your person.

Covid tests are required for every traveller older than 6 (You can check with your airline to confirm this)

Time between submitting sample and departure should not exceed 72 hours
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Imnaknus: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2021
samtol4:
It depends on response from your school
Sometimes it's not your school but just SAQA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2021
Am talking of people that have already traveled and came back is Immigration here in Nigerai Still collecting 500k for quarantine
samtol4:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anu24: 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
Yhamo:
Hello House,

As regards the birthday certificate for the child,you have to get a birth certificate from national population commission and duly certified.ps:not a birth certificate gotten from the local govt, national populati
on commission has to be written on it

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
pufframmy:
Am talking of people that have already traveled and came back is Immigration here in Nigeria Still collecting 500k for quarantine
Take, for instance, you traveled to SA on 10 September and you planned to return to Nigeria on 14 September. Before you board flight on 14 you are expected to show evidence/ proof of payment 14 days in a hotel recommended and approved by Nigerian government , failure to show proof of payment no airline will allow you to board. I know someone who paid 460k last month. Perhaps the amount has changed now
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 4:37am On Sep 11, 2021
samtol4:
Take, for instance, you traveled to SA on 10 September and you planned to return to Nigeria on 14 September. Before you board flight on 14 you are expected to show evidence/ proof of payment 14 days in a hotel recommended and approved by Nigerian government , failure to show proof of payment no airline will allow you to board. I know someone who paid 460k last month. Perhaps the amount has changed now

Lol. Not true anymore sha.

Even the airlines are more reasonable now . Only show your proof of payments for your 7days post arrival covid test and also a negative result from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 7:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
Which airline only accept the 7 days covid test without asking for proof of payment for 7 days quarantine?

When is it likely to revise the covid-19 restrictions in Nigeria?

tannystacey:

Lol. Not true anymore sha.

Even the airlines are more reasonable now . Only show your proof of payments for your 7days post arrival covid test and also a negative result from SA.

In recent times, many pple are no longer paying useless 500k for any quarantine, especially if they have proof of vaccination.

People land in Lagos, sort themselves out at the airport and leave the airport with their passport.

Be smart and prepared sha. Money for hand. Those officials don't care about covid. They just want to make money off the rules stated by the govt. I know at least 5 people who have traveled in the past one week and they all sorted themselves. And as more pple get vaccinated in SA, it is expected that the ridiculous restrictions will be revised.

Pufframmy i hope this helps. Don't waste your 500k o. And don't let any scammers here tell you to dm for help.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
wow ok
samtol4:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gentlesoul3268: 5:02am On Sep 12, 2021
Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2021
Lezy:
Which airline only accept the 7 days covid test without asking for proof of payment for 7 days quarantine?

When is it likely to revise the covid-19 restrictions in Nigeria?

Kenya airways is your best shot. Or Qatar if you are flying from Capetown and you don't mind the long journey.

I don't know when restrictions will be revised but I know they can't keep up this energy in a peak travel period like December. Just keep an eye out for info. I just know that as SA ramps up vaccinations, more countries will open up to SA. Dubai and a few others already lifted SA restrictions.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 1:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Ok, thanks. Am hoping they remove this restrictions by month end...

tannystacey:

Kenya airways is your best shot. Or Qatar if you are flying from Capetown and you don't mind the long journey.

I don't know when restrictions will be revised but I know they can't keep up this energy in a peak travel period like December. Just keep an eye out for info. I just know that as SA ramps up vaccinations, more countries will open up to SA. Dubai and a few others already lifted SA restrictions.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
pufframmy:
wow, ok
You don't need to panic this was weeks ago; I heard things have changed now. A colleague went home last week ,he didn't pay any money , he was told to drop his passport for 7 days. However, the guy maneuver his ways to get his passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
The problem now is that Kenya airways asks for proof of payment for 7 days quarantine before you can be allowed to board from SA.

samtol4:
You don't need to panic this was weeks ago; I heard things have changed now. A colleague went home last week ,he didn't pay any money , he was told to drop his passport for 7 days. However, the guy maneuver his ways to get his passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
ok
samtol4:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
pufframmy:
ok
visitor's visa application now going to 7weeks�
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Please how many weeks is Critical Skills Visa before it comes out?

Nikky1759:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
wow

that why dey always make it for people to sign that proccess might take longer

Nikky1759:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dayhor: 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lezy:
Please how many weeks is Critical Skills Visa before it comes out?

4 weeks upwards, in RSA
16 weeks upwards, in NGA

Keeping in mind that durations depend on the specificities of individual submissions.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lezy: 12:16am On Sep 14, 2021
Ok, thank you for the information.

Dayhor:

4 weeks upwards, in RSA
16 weeks upwards, in NGA

Keeping in mind that durations depend on the specificities of individual submissions.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2021
lymelyte:
I need 1krand.who is selling?
hello guys does south africa now process short term visit visa for 3 months ? Because my application is now going to 2 months.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 10:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Nikky1759:
hello guys does south africa now process short term visit visa for 3 months ? Because my application is now going to 2 months.
I have no idea bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chrisbada: 12:16pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hi Guys,

So my spousal permit renewal was delivered yesterday after a long wait.

I am rooting for everyone here still waiting for their visas.

I pray the good news will come soon.

It is evident that the consulate is still issuing VISA's but you will have to be prepared to wait. I will advise you to try to occupy yourself with something else ( Maybe a short term project or a goal) while you wait.. as the waiting could be quite frustrating.

Cheers

chrisbada:

Congratulations to you Funsho.

I also submitted an application for spousal permit renewal on MAY 6th but still haven't received the permit.

The gentleman from the embassy said they are busy finalizing the application when we followed up last week.

He said there are partners/stakeholders they work with on verification of documents and due to COVID -19 most are not at offices daily and thus delays.

But I just personally feel like 16 weeks ( and counting) is just too long to process an application. I am hoping I will receive a notification soon from VFS that the application has been finalized.

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes...Fingers Crossed smiley

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2021
Just two months and you're complaining, the timeline has been around four Months na except the easing of lockdown in SA would change things
Nikky1759:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bombzy(m): 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please how many weeks does it take to grant a visa for vacation to see my fiancée, I am staying less than 4 weeks, maximum 25 days. And please how can I get rands. Thanks and I await your positive response from you all. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: Abigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.