Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735678 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Smithkline200: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2021
Can someone please answer?

When is Visa issuance starting in Nigeria.

I learnt they are currently nor issuing till next month.

How true?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 8:40am On Oct 13, 2021
Smithkline200:
Can someone please answer?

When is Visa issuance starting in Nigeria.

I learnt they are currently nor issuing till next month.

How true?

Not true......

People are submitting and receiving their parcel everyday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 9:26am On Oct 13, 2021
Nikky1759:
She assured me of 150% assurance and didnt ask me for any other documents than my passport data page and bank statement whether money is inside or not and i paid her a visit yesterday just to confirm what she said. I cant believe i have to waste 600k for i and my son application to just an african country! Wow!

Hi Nikky!

Update us as promised nah....

Have you now receive your visa through the agent?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ensamy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hello gurus, what is FWM application
For foreign health workers. How does it work.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Just an FYI guys.

You do not need any compulsory quarantine or payments if travelling to Nigeria now.

South Africa has been removed from the Nigerias restricted countries list. Get vaccinated and try to travel with your proof of vaccination and you should be good.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/13/fg-removes-south-africa-turkey-brazil-from-travel-restriction-list/

Airpeace has also resumed flights from joburg to Lagos, Thursdays and Sundays..

Just sharing to help someone.

7 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
tannystacey:
Just an FYI guys.

You do not need any compulsory quarantine or payments if travelling to Nigeria now.

South Africa has been removed from the Nigerias restricted countries list. Get vaccinated and try to travel with your proof of vaccination and you should be good.

Grateful for this. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
tannystacey:
Just an FYI guys.

Can you share the link for this update?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by judecares1(m): 7:06am On Oct 14, 2021
Please ooo
I need Rand in exchange for naira.

Kindly PM
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mountmos(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Hi,
Anyone with SA High commission for Lagos functioning email and active phone number?
Please will appreciate it.
Thanks!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sylienkw(f): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Please house help. I submitted visa application to South Africa since July 10th in Abuja. Up until now I have not heard from them. I have tried to track it several times but they keep saying it’s still under process. Could something had gone wrong with my passport? Cos it’s 4 months already and counting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sylienkw(f): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2021
[quote author=mountmos post=106727857]Hi,
Anyone with SA High commission for Lagos functioning email and active phone number?
Please will appreciate it.
Thanks!
Here is email: info.zang@vfshelpline.com
Phone number: 08150188800
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OmoWorld: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
You still need to be patient little more which I believe you will receive a good news this month.
By the way your application is not up to 4 months from the date you submitted... Its just 3 months and 4 days. I wish you a good luck

Sylienkw:
Please h
ouse help. I submitted visa application to South Africa since July 10th in Abuja. Up until now I have not heard from them. I have tried to track it several times but they keep saying it’s still under process. Could something had gone wrong with my passport? Cos it’s 4 months already and counting
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sylienkw(f): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2021
Thanks for the hope@Omoworld. Actually it was submitted in June.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joiceee(f): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2021
Ejoseblazer:

You have gone far already, well-done. Everything you need to know about SAQA is on the website I shared earlier; https://www.saqa.org.za/evaluation-foreign-qualifications
please I will like to know how possible it is to apply for MSC with HND and also are there schools in South Africa that admits students without SAQA evaluation?

If I am to do evaluation will I also do for my ND result separately?

Thanks in advance for your reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joiceee(f): 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2021
mroyato:
Hit me up if you have any questions regarding Stellenbosch Uni.

NB: I am unable to respond to private messages, so you may just ask your questions here.

Can I apply for MSC in Stellenbosch uni with HND? and is SAQA evaluation compulsory?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sukuman: 3:08pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good afternoon house, please what is the minimum balance for living cost one need to have before applying for SA Visa, also do I need to certify my marriage certificate in ministry of foreign affairs, or no need for the certification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2021
sukuman:
Good afternoon house, please what is the minimum balance for living cost one need to have before applying for SA Visa, also do I need to certify my marriage certificate in ministry of foreign affairs, or no need for the certification.

Both questions depend on the kind of visa you're applying for Sir.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sukuman: 5:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
KazikageSama:

Both questions depend on the kind of visa you're applying for Sir.
I want to apply for study Visa, I got admission for PHD in Kwazulu-Natal
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by CaptainDee: 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2021
tannystacey:
Just an FYI guys.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/13/fg-removes-south-africa-turkey-brazil-from-travel-restriction-list/

Please, does this mean I don't need a PCR Test before departure from SA if I have taken the vaccine? And does it also mean I don't have to pay for or take the Day 2 and Day 7 PCR Test in Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2021
CaptainDee:

Please, does this mean I don't need a PCR Test before departure from SA if I have taken the vaccine? And does it also mean I don't have to pay for or take the Day 2 and Day 7 PCR Test in Nigeria?

I don't know about these questions.

But my guess is you will still need a PCR test b4 you travel. Vaccinated traveller's from other the UK who have been to Nigeria recently still need to do pcr test b4 arrival.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saka5: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nikky1759:
She assured me of 150% assurance and didnt ask me for any other documents than my passport data page and bank statement whether money is inside or not and i paid her a visit yesterday just to confirm what she said. I cant believe i have to waste 600k for i and my son application to just an african country! Wow!

@Nikky1759, I would be glad to know if you've eventually been issued a visa considering the over 100% level of assurance you got from someone who only cared about being paid such a ridiculous amount of money irrespective of the availability and validity of the necessary documents.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saka5: 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2021
Joiceee:
please I will like to know how possible it is to apply for MSC with HND and also are there schools in South Africa that admits students without SAQA evaluation?

I know of a Nigerian guy with HND who was admitted into a Master's degree programme at the University of Johannesburg and successfully graduated. I think you could approach schools, expressing your interest and providing them with your qualifications.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
Saka5:

I know of a Nigerian guy with HND who was admitted into a Master's degree programme at the University of Johannesburg and successfully graduated. I think you could approach schools, expressing your interest and providing them with your qualifications.

A lot of things have changed since 2020 academic year in SA education system. To get admission for MSc in SA schools, you need to have SAQA certificate and your degree must be rated NQF level 8. Even for schools that do not require SAQA for admission, they will still require you to have completed a 5year BSc degree before you are considered for MSc admission.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sukuman: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2021
Good evening house, please what is the minimum balance for living cost one need to have before applying for SA Study Visa, I got admission for PHD in Kwazulu-Natal, also do I need to certify my marriage certificate in ministry of foreign affairs, or no need for the certification
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2021
sukuman:
Good evening house, please what is the minimum balance for living cost one need to have before applying for SA Study Visa, I got admission for PHD in Kwazulu-Natal, also do I need to certify my marriage certificate in ministry of foreign affairs, or no need for the certification
You dont need to certified marriage certifiate . Follow the check list on the embassy website. 1.5m-2m should be enough. On the admission letter required docs are listed. Ukzn is a free tuition school. Hence 1.5m should be enough
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Joiceee:

University of Capetown & Stellenbosch do not require Saqa evaluation. Many students used HND results to gain admission in South Africa. I assumed you are in the science-related discipline.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2021
CaptainDee:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/15/nigeria-announces-updated-covid-19-travel-protocol/
Find out more information from that page.

But Just for everyone else to know:

The Nigerian government has released the revised travel protocol into Nigeria effective Monday, 25th October, 2021. Chairman of the Presidential Steering Committee and Secretary to Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, issued a statement on Friday.

The SGF said travellers arriving in Nigeria must present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result conducted not more than 72 hours before boarding.
Henceforth, unvaccinated and partially vaccinated in-bound passengers will be required to observe a mandatory 7-day self-isolation in addition to a COVID-19 PCR test on days 2 and 7 after arrival.
Fully vaccinated in-bound passengers will not be required to observe the mandatory 7-days self-isolation but will be required to do a COVID-19 PCR test on day 2 of arrival.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sukuman: 7:50am On Oct 16, 2021
samtol4:
You dont need to certified marriage certifiate . Follow the check list on the embassy website. 1.5m-2m should be enough. On the admission letter required docs are listed. Ukzn is a free tuition school. Hence 1.5m should be enough
Thank for your response.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Saka5: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2021
hopcious:

A lot of things have changed since 2020 academic year in SA education system. To get admission for MSc in SA schools, you need to have SAQA certificate and your degree must be rated NQF level 8. Even for schools that do not require SAQA for admission, they will still require you to have completed a 5year BSc degree before you are considered for MSc admission.

I agree, particularly in most cases. However, there are a few exceptional cases. For example, in the Wits School of Public Health, a guy (with Bsc in Microbiology from a Naija school) was offered an admission to study for his master's degree with NQF 7. I suppose NQF was not emphasized because there are no Honours degree programmes in the school as a pre-requite for being accepted into master's degree programmes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) (719) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.