Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (749) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1745302 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaryemmy(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Gbolah21:
Hello everyone, please are they still accepting application at vfs abuja ?

Did you try and make appointment online
If Abuja is opened
Yes

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Galileoxyz: 1:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
Abuja is receiving applications.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Galileoxyz: 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello guys. Has anyone gotten visa from Abuja recently ?

Especially study visa cause I'm late already for admission. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walst(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Yes. Got mine on the 21st (yesterday). Thanks guys for the valid inputs. Delay wasn’t a denial. Patience is key.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 5pointa1: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
walst:
Yes. Got mine on the 21st (yesterday). Thanks guys for the valid inputs. Delay wasn’t a denial. Patience is key. pls when did you submit applacation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Galileoxyz: 10:07am On Mar 23, 2022
What type of Visa did you apply for ? Was it study ?

Plus, did you apply in Lagos ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walst(m): 2:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Yeah. Study visa. Submitted at Abuja office.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walst(m): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Galileoxyz:
What type of Visa did you apply for ? Was it study ?

Plus, did you apply in Lagos ?
study visa ( Nelson Mandela uni) submitted at the Abuja office
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yunqdady: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
What are you people looking for in that stupid country?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 5:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
i wonder oo

yunqdady:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adebowalew(m): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
yunqdady:

What make it a stupid country pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yunqdady: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2022
adebowalew:

What make it a stupid country pls?
They hate foreigners especially Nigerians.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 9:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hello house.
I’m planning to apply for a visa for my Postdoc
fellowship in RSA. Please, I need your kind guidance in selecting the right category of visa on the VFS website. My colleagues from other countries, especially India, do select the Research visa which is a sub category under Visitors visa. However, that option is not available from Nigeria.
Thanks in advance as I hope to be properly guided.

P.S: The Postdoctoral fellowship is for a period of 2 years.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sukuman: 9:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
What date did you apply? I am also waiting for the outcome of my application, I applied in Abuja in January 14th Student Visa too.
walst:
study visa ( Nelson Mandela uni) submitted at the Abuja office
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omix2: 12:34am On Mar 24, 2022
2fine2fast:
Hello house.
fellowship in RSA. Please, I need your kind guidance in selecting the right category of visa on the VFS website. My colleagues from other countries, especially India, do select the Research visa which is a sub category under Visitors visa. However, that option is not available from Nigeria.

Section 11(1)(b)(iv) is the appropriate sub category, as highlighted in 2(e) of the checklist for visits exceeding 3 months.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/southafrica/nigeria/english/pdf/visitor-visa-exceeding-three-months-jan-2022.pdf

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 3:46am On Mar 24, 2022
Omix2:

Section 11(1)(b)(iv) is the appropriate sub category, as highlighted in 2(e) of the checklist for visits exceeding 3 months.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/southafrica/nigeria/english/pdf/visitor-visa-exceeding-three-months-jan-2022.pdf

Many thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 4:49am On Mar 24, 2022
yunqdady:

They hate foreigners especially Nigerians.
why is that some of you guys that have never been outside 9ja would just sit an assume everything you read online to be true.? shocked

4 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2022
2fine2fast:
Hello house.

You can apply for this via the E-visa platform.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yunqdady: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2022
lymelyte:
why is that some of you guys that have never been outside 9ja would just sit an assume everything you read online to be true.? shocked
Issokay.
Enjoy your xenophobic country
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Soraco57(m): 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2022
KazikageSama:

You can apply for this via the E-visa platform.

Is the evisa working?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 2fine2fast(m): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2022
Soraco57:

Is the evisa working?

Thanks for this info. But can someone else kindly confirm this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walst(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
sukuman:
What date did you apply? I am also waiting for the outcome of my application, I applied in Abuja in January 14th Student Visa too.
I applied since Nov 22 , 2021
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DroluAj: 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2022
2fine2fast:
Hello house.

You are to apply for visiting researcher.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2022
2fine2fast:
Hello house.

I submitted my application as postdoc fellow by applying for the visitor's visa. That's what you are to apply for as well. I'm still awaiting my passport from the South African embassy in Lagos since 12th of January.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2022
walst:
I applied since Nov 22 , 2021
and no feedback yet? shocked
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walst(m): 3:47pm On Mar 25, 2022
lymelyte:
and no feedback yet? shocked
approve just last week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Greenhold: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Good day everyone. I am a Nigerian passport holder, however I am currently a resident in UK under student/ graduate route visa. I applied for the short stay tourist south African visa here in London on the 3rd of March. My original intended date of travel is 29th of March and it is for a cousins wedding ceremony to take place on the 2nd of April. To leave SA on the following day 3rd of April.

I was assured by the lady who attended to me at the Vfs embassy that I should be expecting my visa around the 17th or 18th as it normally does not take more than 2 weeks or 15 days to get a response for this kind of visa. She asked me not to worry about getting it on time as I have more than enough time (i explained to her why i was applying just 4 weeks before intended departure)

Today is Friday the 25th of march and I am yet to get any information concerning my passport or visa. The tracking code given to me only shows "Your application is received and under assessment at the Embassy/Consulate General of South Africa." Their phone number never goes through. I even emailed them and they could not give me additional information apart from to wait till they get back to me. I am worried now and wanted to know if anyone here has any other options I could take or what I should be expecting at this point. Kindly advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
2fine2fast:

Thanks for this info. But can someone else kindly confirm this.
Not fully...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Greenhold: 4:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
Please did you end up getting the visa?
WrathJustified:

I just sent a mail. But do those mails go to the embassy. I think it just goes to the intermediaries not to the embassy guys direct. Anyway, I have sent the mail
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Greenhold: 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2022
Currently going through this and I share your pain. I applied on the 3rd of this month, the lady that attended to me at the vfs office in London assured me that I will get it by the 17th or 18th as short stay visit from UK wouldn't take long to process. Today is 25th and nothing. What I am meant to be travelling for takes place on the 2nd of April. I was planning to travel on the 29th but at thus rate i do not believe it will be possible again. I have tracked and tracked. Sent emails. No useful information other than "wait" it is very unfortunate
AGMAMA:
Meanwhile it’s already 2months since I applied for tourist visit. No update at all
VFS are clueless
Meanwhile they should have notified people on their website that it will take this long so we don’t have to bother if we can’t wait
This is very unfair and frustrating
Will they now used expired hotel booking and flight reservation after their delay
It’s becoming so unfair
No update email, just silence
Na wa o!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hiikayauto: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2022
I flew from Lagos to abuja to apply for tourist visa on 17th of feb. I got my passport back today without them issuing me visa, there excuse was that. source of income not stated on the bank statement. I am a business man. I summited my CAC doc and every other documents needed. my inflow in 6months was about 90m with a closing balance of about 2.5m I have been to SA B4, MY uncle is a citizen, we bear same surname. he sent me his ID, UTILITY and invitation letter with police stamp. Yet they didn't issue me the visa. well I'm applying again with the same documents next weeks have to fly again to abuja , if they didn't issue this time. I will then figure out another way.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gentlesoul3268: 7:03am On Mar 26, 2022
Do you summit company account? Well I applied last year as a business man with my personal acct showing all payment description on my account, I also wrote a cover letter stated that I am using my personal acct running the business for now that my company account is under processing and I got 3 month multiple visa I only stayed for 2 days and back to nigeria.

Note: Do use description on every payment made into your account from you or your client

Hiikayauto:
I flew from Lagos to abuja to apply for tourist visa on 17th of feb. I got my passport back today without them issuing me visa, there excuse was that. source of income not stated on the bank statement. I am a business man. I summited my CAC doc and every other documents needed. my inflow in 6months was about 90m with a closing balance of about 2.5m I have been to SA B4, MY uncle is a citizen, we bear same surname. he sent me his ID, UTILITY and invitation letter with police stamp. Yet they didn't issue me the visa. well I'm applying again with the same documents next weeks have to fly again to abuja , if they didn't issue this time. I will then figure out another way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.