Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741552 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hello guys, my last SA visa was in 2019 and i have always used hotels.com for proof of accommodation. Do they still accept bookings on hotels.com for visit visa? Please advise guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2022
Restricted:
Hello guys, my last SA visa was in 2019 and i have always used hotels.com for proof of accommodation. Do they still accept bookings on hotels.com for visit visa? Please advise guys.

I’m sorry but hotels.com is a third party booking site which the consulate don’t accept. They expect you to book from the hotel website itself just in case they want to verify if you have any reservations, it will be easy for both consulate & hotel.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 6:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
Thank you for the heads-up @Tryhard . Do you by chance have suggestions for hotels i can try from your personal experience. Destination is Pretoria.....

Also, is wakanow okay for flight booking or that is not necessary? I used flysaa in the past.

Tryhard:

I’m sorry but hotels.com is a third party booking site which the consulate don’t accept. They expect you to book from the hotel website itself just in case they want to verify if you have any reservations, it will be easy for both consulate & hotel.
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
Tryhard:

Thank you.
and who says they can’t verify when you book from hotels.com or booking.com?

You can always request for the email address and phone numbers of the hotel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
cucumbar:
and who says they can’t verify when you book from hotels.com or booking.com?

You can always request for the email address and phone numbers of the hotel.

Hi, Check the documents required on VFS Website and you’d see that the high commission strongly do not accept such third party bookings. It’s there you can check for yourself.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2022
Restricted:

Thank you for the heads-up @Tryhard . Do you by chance have suggestions for hotels i can try from your personal experience. Destination is Pretoria.....

Also, is wakanow okay for flight booking or that is not necessary? I used flysaa in the past.

Yes you can for Flight bookings! Make sure both the Departure port and Arrival port is visible and the reservation can be verifiable. And most importantly, your E-yellow card is verifiable. Scan the QR code on your card make sure the website pops up and your details can be found on the Federal Ministry of Health Website. If not revert back to Port Health services.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2022
Speaking of E-Yellow card, After Scanning the QR and can verify your details on the FMOH website, make sure your name, DOB is the same on your passport, the date of you when you took the vaccine and type of vaccine taken is the same on your yellow card. The High Commission take note of the tiniest details when checking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Restricted: 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
What do you mean by Federal Ministry of Health Website. I checked with my yellow card number and passport number on the yellowcardnigeria.com website and my details came up (Name, dob, vaccine name, Vaccine expiry date etc) is that okay?

Also the passport i used for the yellow card has expired and i have since gotten another passport. Do i need to get another yellow card with the new passport?

Tryhard:
Speaking of E-Yellow card, After Scanning the QR and can verify your details on the FMOH website, make sure your name, DOB is the same on your passport, the date of you when you took the vaccine and type of vaccine taken is the same on your yellow card. The High Commission take note of the tiniest details when checking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 10:19am On Oct 16, 2022
Restricted:

What do you mean by Federal Ministry of Health Website. I checked with my yellow card number and passport number on the yellowcardnigeria.com website and my details came up (Name, dob, vaccine name, Vaccine expiry date etc) is that okay?

Also the passport i used for the yellow card has expired and i have since gotten another passport. Do i need to get another yellow card with the new passport?

Yeah that’s the FMOH website for Port Health. So far the new passport will have the same details on your yellow card, do you get?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tshtsh: 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hello, please what is the situation with SA visa now ? In November 2021 I applied for a multiple entry visa which was issued in 2 weeks. Travelled there in january before its expiration. I now live in toronto and want to apply to visit in January after christmas in Nigeria. What's the current timeline with the e-visa thing ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 10:46am On Oct 18, 2022
Applying for a study visa and I’m confused about this accomodation proof required by consulate thingy! I want to book an hotel but I’m not sure how many days to book. Plus if I should book will it be confirmed that my visa will come out before then? All these thing just dey confuse me. I no wan go looseguard. Abeg if anyone have had this situation before let me know how you did it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good day house,

I am planning to apply for a South Africa tourist visa, can anyone kindly assist me with a verifiable hotel that I can book?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
djbaju:
Good day house,

I am planning to apply for a South Africa tourist visa, can anyone kindly assist me with a verifiable hotel that I can book?
heard tourist visa now takes 3-4 months to process
Was told by Travelbeta (for first timers)
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2022
Tesclaros:

Wonderful, I will consider that in my application, anyone with the means to make a verifiable hotel reservation? also which site is best to make my flight reservation?

I hope to read back soon.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:19am On Oct 19, 2022
Tesclaros:
na wa o. Even better country like France took just 5days to process.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2022
cucumbar:
na wa o. Even better country like France took just 5days to process.
bro you serious about this? You sure it takes 5 days to process even for first time travelers? Cos i need a nice country for vacation this year that takes lesser time to process
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2022
djbaju:

Wonderful, I will consider that in my application, anyone with the means to make a verifiable hotel reservation? also which site is best to make my flight reservation?

I hope to read back soon.

Thanks
book any nice hotel straight from the hotel website in SA.. avoid third party websites like booking.com etc

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 9:06am On Oct 19, 2022
Tesclaros:
bro you serious about this? You sure it takes 5 days to process even for first time travelers? Cos i need a nice country for vacation this year that takes lesser time to process
well, a decision was made on my application in 3-5 days In may. Was a first time traveler.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifeoluwasegun(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2022
I need to make a payment to an account in South Africa, can someone pls help me out on this or if possible, suggest how I can go about it.

I'll appreciate responses, please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by djbaju(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2022
Tesclaros:
book any nice hotel straight from the hotel website in SA.. avoid third party websites like booking.com etc

Thanks, boss, I also want to ask if I can submit my application at the Lagos VFS center now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
Has anybody who submitted long term visa (work or study visa) application in August 2022 through VFS Lagos received any feedback on the application?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
djbaju:

Thanks, boss, I also want to ask if I can submit my application at the Lagos VFS center now.
Abj is preferable

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 12:11am On Oct 20, 2022
Is it possible to apply for a few days tourist visa to SA from Namibia.. I came into Namibia few days ago through tourist visa but i want to visit SA. can crossing the road border do the trick? Advise pls

NOTE: I will be pained if i leave Namibia without touching down SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ashirioluwa: 1:58am On Oct 20, 2022
tshtsh:
Hello, please what is the situation with SA visa now ? In November 2021 I applied for a multiple entry visa which was issued in 2 weeks. Travelled there in january before its expiration. I now live in toronto and want to apply to visit in January after christmas in Nigeria. What's the current timeline with the e-visa thing ?

I think you should apply from Canada
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Swoxcode: 9:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Tesclaros:
Is it possible to apply for a few days tourist visa to SA from Namibia.. I came into Namibia few days ago through tourist visa but i want to visit SA. can crossing the road border do the trick? Advise pls

NOTE: I will be pained if i leave Namibia without touching down SA

How did u do your namibia visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tyradfr: 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
Hello everyone, who recently got SA visa processed through E-route? I am at the edge of applying through the E-route

Thank u

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.