Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1730985 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
mekuscato:

University of Cape town
List of pending application was compiled last week by all SA VC & submitted to the Home Affairs. Contact your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 9:10pm On Jan 21, 2023
samtol4:
. Write to your school. Few weeks ago the Home Affairs requested all VC via International office to submit list of students with pending applications for quick adjudication.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Madebyme: 9:39am On Jan 22, 2023
How long does e-Visa take guys? Who knows for a fact, please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 9:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Madebyme:
How long does e-Visa take guys? Who knows for a fact, please?

It’s unpredictable now. But say one-month

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Gernny(f): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2023
Good morning announcement I was suppose to fly today through cote d'Ivoire airline Getting to the airport showed them my e visa they said I can't fly with their airline with my evisa,kindly make sure u confirm airline that allows e visa.i don dey go house go sleep
Bursttt:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by PaulAris: 10:36am On Jan 22, 2023
Tesclaros:
yo brother, were you able to get rands at a good rate?
Hello, chief
Unfortunately, I didn’t get a merchant. And I haven’t gotten till now

How about you?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2023
Gernny:
Good morning announcement I was suppose to fly today through cote d'Ivoire airline Getting to the airport showed them my e visa they said I can't fly with their airline with my evisa,kindly make sure u confirm airline that allows e visa.i don dey go house go sleep

Use South African Airways or any flight that is direct from to Johannesburg.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 11:55am On Jan 22, 2023
Gernny:

But E-visa na visa na? Why the discrimination? Nawa o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2023
I just spoke with Air peace customer service and they accept South Africa e visa.
Waiting for confirmation from Kenya airways.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
dennis201:
I just spoke with Air peace customer service and they accept South Africa e visa.
Waiting for confirmation from Kenya airways.

Keen on the Kenya Airways feedback. Please share when you get.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2023
PaulAris:

Hello, chief
Unfortunately, I didn’t get a merchant. And I haven’t gotten till now

How about you?
I am in SA already. Sold my crypto to rands here grin

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
Tesclaros:
I am in SA already. Sold my crypto to rands here grin

Boss na evisa you use? Which airline you enter
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Temtem22: 6:47pm On Jan 22, 2023
Tryhard:

1. The person has to write a strong convincing letter, why he/she is inviting you and the letter must contain his/her phone number, email address, house address which must be in the same city you are visiting, if your flight reservation says Lagos to CapeTown, The address must be Capetown and not any other place. If it’s in Joburg, your flight reservation say. Then the house address must be in joburg.
In the letter don’t put contradicting stuffs in it because they will definitely call your host and ask questions based on what is written in the letter and in your self-introduction letter as well.

2. The person must attach a certified copy of his passport biodata page and the visa legalizing him/her to stay in SA if not a citizen of RSA. If he/she is, the just a certified copy of the Biodata page of his/her SA ID

3. A very recent utility bills ( Electricity/Water) which shows the address written by the host in the letter. It must be clear & certified

4. This last one, I won’t say it is a must, but just to be on a safest side. Attach his 3 months recent bank statement (certified). Normally if the host says he’d cover all cost or he/she is your sponsor that is when you will attach the host bank statement with yours. But this days even if the host isn’t sponsoring and you still don’t attach the host bank statement you will get refused. So to be on the safest side just make sure you attach the bank statement with sufficient funds( Certified true copy)

NB: Make sure the documents are clear and not blurry. Make sure no parts of the document is cut out. Have a copy of these documents when you are submitting

You provided good information. However, I like to make corrections to now 1 and 4

“If it’s in Joburg, your flight reservation say. Then the house address must be in joburg.”
This isn’t true. If i’m landing at OR Tambo situated at Joburg. Does this means I reside in Joburg? Your port of Entry is Joburg in Gauteng but your host adress must be within the province. E.g Pretoria

4. 3 months bank statement is applicable to Lagos applicants. Abuja demands 6 months bank statements. Yours and your host

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hi, Please for those in or attended UJ, or Any other Top Uni in South Africa, Do you have an idea how much a tutor, or Student/ Graduate assistant earn every month
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Temtem22: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
Tryhard:

You have to verify it first. Because if you submit it like that, they will refuse you on unverifiable yellow card. In fact that is rampant now than any other reason. Scan it and input your details on it. If your details can’t be found please validate it. Quick even if you’ve submitted, try and do something about it before they treat your application! Try and validate it yourself o and see your details and everything comes out successfully!!

Alternatively use this website and input your details

https://yellowcardnigeria.com/

Does the new yellow card has barcode to scan and verify your information?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 12:30am On Jan 23, 2023
Temtem22:
Does the new yellow card has barcode to scan and verify your information?

Yes, the barcode give access to the site where they will input your details and check if it’s validated and authentic.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 9:30am On Jan 23, 2023
Who has gotten e VFS visa recently? This wait is tiring🥹🤧
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joewaxx: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2023
Anniebam:
Who has gotten e VFS visa recently? This wait is tiring🥹🤧
When did you apply? I applied on 16th Jan 2023 to travel 17th Feb 2023. I am unsure as the kind of news I am hearing from others is not encouraging.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Madebyme: 11:46am On Jan 23, 2023
Bursttt:

Oh I see. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2023
The processing time window has not elapsed. According to VFS, processing time is 5-10 working days so, you shouldn’t be expecting an outcome until 30 Jan 2023. I would even recommend giving them 15 working days before you begin to worry.

Also, don’t allow one applicant’s delayed outcome affect you or scare you as each person’s application is different. Until there are numerous complaints about the processing time, let’s not conclude that the VFS evisa process has caught the disease of the walk-in process grin. Note that people generally come to this platform to express their concerns. Those that have secured their evisa won’t be bothered unless a few who would be willing to share the good news here (and I mean only a handful). So don’t panic!

Joewaxx:
When did you apply? I applied on 16th Jan 2023 to travel 17th Feb 2023. I am unsure as the kind of news I am hearing from others is not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joewaxx: 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2023
This is very refreshing to read. Fingers crossed. Thank you very much
Myst77:
The processing time window has not elapsed. According to VFS, processing time is 5-10 working days so, you shouldn’t be expecting an outcome until 30 Jan 2023. I would even recommend giving them 15 working days before you begin to worry.

Also, don’t allow one applicant’s delayed outcome affect you or scare you as each person’s application is different. Until there are numerous complaints about the processing time, let’s not conclude that the VFS evisa process has caught the disease of the walk-in process grin. Note that people generally come to this platform to express their concerns. Those that have secured their evisa won’t be bothered unless a few who would be willing to share the good news here (and I mean only a handful). So don’t panic!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2023
Myst77:

Yes, it’s increasingly likely that VFS evisa process has caught the disease of the walk-in process.

I applied on Jan 4.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lol - I really do hope not. I think you should wait till 25 January 2023 (applying 15 working days)

Just for the sake of keeping the hope alive and not jumping into any quick conclusion, I’d assume that anybody who submitted in the last week/last 2 weeks of December 2022 and 1st week or first 2 weeks of January 2023 may potentially not get their outcome in 10 working days. I’m just going to assume that there were less officers on duty during these periods because of the holiday and the fact that most people go on leave during these periods. These are only assumptions and not based on facts.

Please anyone else that has been waiting past the 10-day processing time should please signify (+state date they applied) so that we know whether to lose hope or not lol.

H100:

Yes, it’s increasingly likely that VFS evisa process has caught the disease of the walk-in process.

I applied on Jan 4.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2023
Myst77:
Lol - I really do hope not. I think you should wait till 25 January 2023 (applying 15 working days)

Just for the sake of keeping the hope alive and not jumping into any quick conclusion, I’d assume that anybody who submitted in the last week/last 2 weeks of December 2022 and 1st week or first 2 weeks of January 2023 may potentially not get their outcome in 10 working days. I’m just going to assume that there were less officers on duty during these periods
because of the holiday and the fact that most people go on leave during these periods. These are only assumptions and not based on facts.

Please anyone else that has been waiting past the 10-day processing time should please signify (+state date they applied) so that we know whether to lose hope or not lol.

Applied January 5th , travel date , January 21st and visa is not yet out. I’m just tired . I just hope they won’t give an excuse of travel date has passed to deny the visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
Here’s a link to a working/business days calculator for VFS evisa applicants (set it to South Africa calendar: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/weekdayadd.html

Insert the date you submitted (if you submitted on a weekend/SA public holiday, insert the next working day as weekend/public holiday does not count).

Please let 15 working days be your maximum wait time (before you begin to worry) but send a follow up email after 10 working days to info.evisasa@vfsglobal.com.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 2:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
Myst77:
Here’s a link to a working/business days calculator for VFS evisa applicants (set it to South Africa calendar: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/weekdayadd.html

Insert the date you submitted (if you submitted on a weekend/SA public holiday, insert the next working day as weekend/public holiday does not count).

Please let 15 working days be your maximum wait time (before you begin to worry) but send a follow up email after 10 working days to info.evisasa@vfsglobal.com.

All the best!

I understand your point but what then happens when travel date has passed that is the major concern. Sent a mail already and they said it has been escalated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2023
It depends on the purpose of your visit. What date did you indicate as return date? Or what is the return date on the ticket you submitted? If the purpose is just tourism, I think they should still be able to give you a date after your departure date but, not too close to your return date.

If the purpose of your visit is time bound like based on a training/course schedule, business meeting schedule or any activity that shows that the start and end time is fixed based on the documents you submitted, then your application “may” be rejected if the start time of the activity has elapsed.

Anniebam:

Applied January 5th , travel date , January 21st and visa is not yet out. I’m just tired . I just hope they won’t give an excuse of travel date has passed to deny the visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
Myst77:
It depends on the purpose of your visit. What date did you indicate as return date? Or what is the return date on the ticket you submitted? If the purpose is just tourism, I think they should still be able to give you a date after your departure date but, not too close to your return date.

If the purpose of your visit is time bound like based on a training/course schedule, business meeting schedule or any activity that shows that the start and end time is fixed based on the documents you submitted, then your application “may” be rejected if the start time of the activity has elapsed.

Thank you for your response. Purpose is tourism and return date is 11th February.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2023
After the whole stress of getting a valid visa, to travel again na serious war. Airport Workers are on strike today and there are plans to shut down the airport tommorow. Both Local & International
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
Bursttt:
After the whole stress of getting a valid visa, to travel again na serious war. Airport Workers are on strike today and there are plans to shut down the airport tommorow. Both Local & International

Now suspended based on Punch Newspaper today: https://punchng.com/breaking-aviation-workers-suspend-strike/?amp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (806) (807) (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.